New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

wink He's not evil, I can change him (3.5 Race, PEACH)

Draco in Leather Pants
    Spoiler
    Show

Some men are pretty. Some men are very pretty. Some men are so pretty that women will look beyond the fact that they spent the morning murdering orphans to see the non-existant good inside them. This is the third type.
    The Draco in Leather Pants is the result of a villian hitting a terminal beauty point, where he is so attractive that his sins are forgiven, even though he continues to commit them. Any ordinary man can become a Draco, although when it occurs, he loses all previous racial traits, much like ascending to become an Elan.

Appearance
    A Draco is an exceptionally pretty man that inspires lust in the hearts of nearly all females, even those of diefic status. He often spots long luscious silver hair, with leather straps running over his body in ways that seem vastly impractical. He stands between 5'10" and 6'4" tall.

Personality
    The Draco in Leather Pants takes advantage of his innate charisma to manipulate those around him. There are differences between the severity of selfishness in every Draco however, one may simply get a discount by some subtle flirting at the bazaar, while another may charm his way past the guards investigating his orphanage arson.

Reproduction
    Technically a Draco in Leather Pants is not so much born as made. However, occasionally at birth a human child is born as a Draco and may be subject to inherited templates as well as acquired ones.

Alignment
    There is a definite trend towards evil, and a slight trend towards chaos present among Dracos as a whole however.

Religion
    Dracos tend towards worship of those gods that offer them direct compensation, especially female gods of pleasure.

Language
    The default language of the Draco in Leather Pants is Common. They have luxuriously deep voices.

• -2 Str, -2 Dex, -2 Con, +6 Cha. Dracos in Leather Pants are nearly as beautiful as humans can be, but the leather straps cut off their circulation and restrict mobility.
    • Type: Humanoid
    • Medium size
    • Land speed 30 ft
    • He's Just Misunderstood (Ex): No matter what his actual alignment, a Draco counts as an exalted good character. The goddesses in charge of such matters just know that they could redeem his if they got the chance, and overlook all of his misdeeds. This also allows him exemption from the requirements of the paladin code and allows him to follow any female goddess as a cleric, despite his actual alignment.
    • Leather Augmentation (Ex): When using leather armor, a Draco in Leather Pants gains a +4 armor bonus to AC rather than a +2 bonus.
    • Languages: Automatic: Common. Bonus Languages: Any.
    • Favored class: Rogue.
    • LA: +0

New Feat:
    This Isn't Even My Final Form!
    Whenever a Draco in Leather Pants assumes a new form, his leather straps and unearthly prettiness come with him. He keeps all racial traits while under any effects that changes his form and can alter his new form beyond normal for the race for the purpose of making it more beautiful. Furthermore, he is now immune to all transmutation effects that aren't under his direct control, as that could mar his unearthly prettiness. Spells such as disintegration still deal damage, but do not turn him to dust if they kill him.

So tell me what you think.
    Last edited by Mithril Leaf; 2013-08-03 at 11:04 PM.
    If you see me talking about Shaper Psions, assume that anything not poison immune within 100 feet will be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    I was going to PM you about it because I wanted to know, but then you posted it later. Elegant solution. Watch out for Necropolitans.
    My Homebrew Signature such as it is.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: He's not evil, I can change him (3.5 Race, PEACH)

This is hilarious and I could so use this on the girls in my gaming group because they are so part of that fandom.

Interesting idea for sure. I get the +6 needs to be offset but -4 Con is wickedly hard, why not 2 from all his physical stats?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeMonsters View Post
    This is hilarious and I could so use this on the girls in my gaming group because they are so part of that fandom.

Interesting idea for sure. I get the +6 needs to be offset but -4 Con is wickedly hard, why not 2 from all his physical stats?
    That is something I considered. It's rough to balance +6 to a mental because you have to contemplate that casters will take it for that boost. If the consensus is it wouldn't be too bad, that's what I'll do. I'm going to need a bit more feedback on it though, too conflicted right now.
    If you see me talking about Shaper Psions, assume that anything not poison immune within 100 feet will be dead.
    I was going to PM you about it because I wanted to know, but then you posted it later. Elegant solution. Watch out for Necropolitans.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

I have to agree, -4 CON is waaay too steep. That's a drop from a 10 to a 6. -2 to all physical stats seems just right.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Rather than a straight ability boost, how about replace it with skill bonuses and a token ability boost? That sidesteps the uber-caster obvious choice.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh I'm so gonna take this, add the winged template and attack my friend with Genesis... Oh, I know it's a **** move (especially considering her character is named Minerva), but I'm sure she has it coming... In some way or another
    Larloch, The Shadow King (w/ Ioun Stones) avatar by Iron Penguin

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I've decided that I can live with giving tier 2s a slight charisma boost (vs comparable races). I'm just going to go with -2 to all physical stats, it'll be a strong race, but not stronger than the existing high +0 LA races. Ashtagon, you suggestion was good, but has too many unintended consequences, such as stopping all the X to Y abilities from accessing the boosted charisma, which isn't desired.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

So can the Draco in Leather pants be a chaotic Evil paladin and have all the usual bonuses and never fall?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    So can the Draco in Leather pants be a chaotic Evil paladin and have all the usual bonuses and never fall?

A Draco in Leather Pants can be a Chaotic Evil Paladin with the Vow of Peace, and kill everyone in the campaign without so much as even tempting his Goddess from letting him fall.
    Larloch, The Shadow King (w/ Ioun Stones) avatar by Iron Penguin

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

If I play a chaotic evil Draco, may I still use artifacts that require an evil alignment, even though I'm also a paladin?

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by Rephath View Post
    If I play a chaotic evil Draco, may I still use artifacts that require an evil alignment, even though I'm also a paladin?
    I'd let you. I mean, the Draco is obviously attempting to bring the evil objects to some form of redemption along with himself.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rephath View Post
    Yep. That's 100% supported. It's basically like reverse hellbred.

13. - Top - End - #13

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Yep. That's 100% supported. It's basically like reverse hellbred.
    So a Chaotic Evil Draco will "show up" as Lawful Good and can use items, powers, and abilities from all four alignments?

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Nappa View Post
    So a Chaotic Evil Draco will "show up" as Lawful Good and can use items, powers, and abilities from all four alignments?
    No. He counts as Exalted Good, but that doesn't affect law/chaos standing.

He's Just Misunderstood also needs something about being exempted from the Paladin code and similar such codes. And something about being exempt from all alignment requirements if he's a cleric, but only if he follows a goddess?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

What do you do when one of your players believes this, but is a male player and attempts to redeem all the evil female villains? Do any of the abilities change, eh?
    Last edited by Meeky; 2013-07-31 at 07:02 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Without addressing any issues of stat penalties or alignment philosophy, I just have to say that I haven't laughed so hard in longer than I can remember.

I barely know anything about anime, and haven't personally witnessed the core phenomenon you're addressing...and yet I still laughed nonstop. Thank you. Just...thank you.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Meeky View Post
    What do you do when one of your players believes this, but is a male player and attempts to redeem all the evil female villains? Do any of the abilities change, eh?
    That's one of the funnest options you have! But everything should work out fine with the same abilities. I also added the paladin clause.

EDIT: Hey is there any ability type that lets you maintain something both in an antimagic field and while polymorphed?
    Last edited by Mithril Leaf; 2013-08-01 at 04:52 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18

RedKnightGirl

EDIT: Hey is there any ability type that lets you maintain something both in an antimagic field and while polymorphed?
    Maybe make a feat for that as a part of the class?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Nappa View Post
    Maybe make a feat for that as a part of the class?
    Good idea!

And it's up!
    Last edited by Mithril Leaf; 2013-08-01 at 03:21 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

So anyone got a comment on the feat?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Draco in Leather Pants as a race? Interesting. I wonder if Ron the Death Eater could also be a viable race concept...

In any case, This Isn't Even My Final Form! strikes me as a bit overpowered in its current form. No prerequisites?
    "It's not the Wild West anymore. You can't just clean up the streets with a gun... even though sometimes, that's exactly what's needed."

22. - Top - End - #22

I wonder if Ron the Death Eater could also be a viable race concept..
    Someone please do this.

23. - Top - End - #23

DruidGuy

Someone please do this.
    It's more likely a template restricted only for NPCs. Maybe even only DMPCs.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Magatsu Izanagi View Post
    The Draco in Leather Pants as a race? Interesting. I wonder if Ron the Death Eater could also be a viable race concept...

In any case, This Isn't Even My Final Form! strikes me as a bit overpowered in its current form. No prerequisites?
    You get to keep a few racial Ex abilities and basically get immunity to a half dozen SoDs. Most of transmutation is buffs, so having immunity to harmful ones that don't deal damage isn't that much. It's basically only flesh to stone and baleful polymorph in most games.

EDIT: This isn't to explicitly say it isn't, but I feel you may in fact have overestimated it. If there's something I'm missing please tell me.
    Last edited by Mithril Leaf; 2013-08-03 at 03:48 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by Hyena View Post
    It's more likely a template restricted only for NPCs. Maybe even only DMPCs.
    Is there a reason for it? Do you think the ability to fulfill prerequisites as if the character was from a different alignment is too powerful?
    That may explain why this race doesn't have an LA, of course.
    Last edited by Network; 2013-08-03 at 04:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    "I am a human sixtyfourthling! Fear my minimal halfling ancestry!")
    Quote Originally Posted by Zweisteine View Post
    So the real question is, what is a Ling?

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
    Someone please do this.
    Hm. Now, I'm not doing anything concrete, just throwing ideas out there.

Counts as Vile Evil, regardless of actual alignment (obviously). Also exempt from the negative effects of all vow- or code-based requirements from any source.
    Perhaps a bonus to Int or Cha? Most of the fics I've read go either master manipulator route or barely-competent route, and I feel like the master-manipulator is probably more useful.
    Pay for the bonuses with a penalty to Wis, perhaps. They tend to make unwise decisions, beyond a certain point in the fic.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Network View Post
    Is there a reason for it? Do you think the ability to fulfill prerequisites as if the character was from a different alignment is too powerful?
    That may explain why this race doesn't have an LA, of course.
    He was referring to Ron the Death Eater.
    It's +0 LA though, forgot to write it.

28. - Top - End - #28

He was referring to Ron the Death Eater.
    That's not my question. My question is why Hyena wouldn't allow the Ron the Death Eater race for PCs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    "I am a human sixtyfourthling! Fear my minimal halfling ancestry!")
    Quote Originally Posted by Zweisteine View Post
    So the real question is, what is a Ling?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Alex12 View Post
    Hm. Now, I'm not doing anything concrete, just throwing ideas out there.

Counts as Vile Evil, regardless of actual alignment (obviously). Also exempt from the negative effects of all vow- or code-based requirements from any source.
    Perhaps a bonus to Int or Cha? Most of the fics I've read go either master manipulator route or barely-competent route, and I feel like the master-manipulator is probably more useful.
    Pay for the bonuses with a penalty to Wis, perhaps. They tend to make unwise decisions, beyond a certain point in the fic.
    Actually, a penalty to Sense Motive might be all that is needed (maybe situational vs diplomacy checks vs good characters)? That is why a Ron the Death Eater misunderstands the Draco in Leather Pants character and his admirers.

Hmm. The situational modifier might be worth pursuing. Say a Draco has a somewhat smaller Cha bonus (+4 instead of +6), but has a +2/-2 vs good/evil characters on Charisma based skills. And a Ron character similarly has a -2/+2 vs good/evil characters on Wisdom based skills. Then when Draco (who counts as good) tries a diplomacy check against Ron (who counts as evil) then his diplomacy check is more likely to fail and the sense motive check to give a false reading. Thus Ron will rebuff Draco's friendly gesture and will go and join Voldemort.

If you do give Ron the Death Eater a Wisdom penalty, there should be a few compensating bonuses to skills like Spot, Listen and Survival. It doesn't make sense that he'd become near-sighted, hard of hearing, and more likely to get lost just because he's more foolish.

Also, isn't the Draco race awfully hetero-normative? It should be generalized to please the Harry/Draco shippers.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cheiromancer View Post
    Also, isn't the Draco race awfully hetero-normative? It should be generalized to please the Harry/Draco shippers.
    The race is not meant for Harry/Draco by default. Nothing saying they can't be adored by males as well, but the heart of the race is the fact that fangirls love the Draco in Leather Pants. They are the ones shipping Harry/Draco in my experience. At it's heart, the race is a way to incorporate meta ideas into situations where they aren't found natively. Mayhaps a tendency for Dracos to be considered of differing sexuality despite their preference, but that's a job for later days.

Quote Originally Posted by Network View Post
    That's not my question. My question is why Hyena wouldn't allow the Ron the Death Eater race for PCs.
    In that case, why mention my race didn't have a listed LA?