New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [IC] PF - The battle between Heaven and Hell

Quote Originally Posted by GM
    It's been 30 years since your parents first stopped the threat of hell reaching your world known as sanctuary.
    5 days ago...

A bright light shined from the east of Blackmarsh in the direction of the nearest city, Tristram. Your parents set out in the direction of Tristram. Before they left though, Jason and Janet took Carlossi and Arphenion aside and said, "Keep a weather-eye out to the east for any sign of our return. Or trouble for that matter.'
    Side Note: you all of course know each other since you all were born since your parents knew each other.

It's now been five days since your parents left, there has been no word and no sign from them...
    You all are allowed to be on the wall of the city because of your parents. I need to know a day team and a night team that that are looking out for any signs of your parents. You are also allowed to sleep in the barracks if you aren't home.

Also, i need everyone to roll Perception checks regardless of which team they are on.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] PF - The battle between Heaven and Hell

Given his natural ability to see at night, Urtar takes watch at night.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+8)[22]
    Adopted Larger, but younger, little bro of Lady Moreta
    Awesome Avatar of Awesome Done by C-Lam
    Watch me play SKYRIM, give me quests, laugh at my deaths, and give me MOAR MODS! :P

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Anthony Verdan, known to his friends and family as "Tony", looks out from the wall. He prefers to take his duty during the daytime hours, under the beautiful sun provided by his goddess.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception (Man, I wish it were a Cleric class skill): (1d20+4)[17]

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Aiaruen will put her low-light to use on night watch.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]
    Also, she is fused with the eidolon in case there is any trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dire_Stirge View Post
    Don't you see it? The inert Shrieker may have more raw power, but the rock has something the Shrieker will never have. VERSATILITY.

Also, the rock will probably be lighter than the Shrieker, allowing it to be used as a improvised thrown weapon should the need arise.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Bad dice roller!
    [roll]1d20+8[/roll]
    Last edited by Vedhin; 2013-08-01 at 08:32 PM.
    Don't you see it? The inert Shrieker may have more raw power, but the rock has something the Shrieker will never have. VERSATILITY.

Also, the rock will probably be lighter than the Shrieker, allowing it to be used as a improvised thrown weapon should the need arise.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Why must I be tormented so?
    (1d20+8)[21]

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Long hours of refining the sights of Arphenion's weapon have given him the eyes of a hawk and the hearing of an owl, so he elects to watch the wall at night.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+10)[12]

*whispered* So, any ideas as to what could of made that light? I've been turning it over in my head and as far as I know nothing has such radiance.
    Last edited by magusoftheCore; 2013-08-01 at 08:37 PM.
    Amazing Brand Avatar by Crimmy

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Carlos takes his shift during the day, due to a love of socializing with both his brother and his other friends on the wall- due also to worry.
    Stunt check!

I'm a GM now! (Loud link,Watch your volume)

Spoiler
    Show
    [PTA] Children of Vardamir (OOC) (IC)

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

(1d20+8)[11]
    Roll for Percieve.
    I just hope everyone's okay, that's all... Carlossi muttered softly.
    Last edited by Kail Erron; 2013-08-01 at 08:51 PM.
    Stunt check!

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

gogmurch will work night shift due to having darkvision to give him time to make alchemy items and think of good spot to throw his bombs down on those might attack them.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+4)[6]
    Last edited by niw18; 2013-08-01 at 10:28 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

((Lol, i think you low-lifeLight and darkvision people need to stop gloating, that's the second 2 and the fun hasn't even begun yet XD))

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kail Erron View Post
    [roll0]
    Roll for Percieve.
    I just hope everyone's okay, that's all... Carlossi muttered softly.
    So do I, brother, Tony murmurs softly back, eyes still trained on the sun-drenched landscape. Sarenrae willing, our parents will alert us soon, somehow.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thokk_Smash View Post
    So do I, brother, Tony murmurs softly back, eyes still trained on the sun-drenched landscape. Sarenrae willing, our parents will alert us soon, somehow.
    What do you suppose that light was? Carl asks, shivering a little. It came out of nowhere, didn't it?
    Carl looks outwards, hand tapping his sword's sheath with nervous energy.
    It had been a weird couple of days.
    Stunt check!

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Tybolt will keep watch in the day

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[17]

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

I couldn't begin to say what it was, Tony replies. I have prayed to Sarenrae daily, but she hasn't yet offered any insight. For now, it seems, we have to be patient. He shakes his head, frowning slightly. I hate being patient, he mutters.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Hey, um, Kaze? I used the wrong modifier for Perceive- I had a +11. That means I had a 14, not an 11 to Perceive. Is it too late to change that?

Carl gave a soft huff of breath. Agreed. Nature hasn't been particularly talkative, either- or I just suck at talking to animals. The druid gave a sheepish little shrug. I can't be sure. Grr, I just wish I could have pulled off that... that thingy! That thing that the elder druids are supposed to be able to do, where they become animals. Then I could have... I dunno. Anything other than guard duty! Pah- At least the weather's been good.

The young man glanced around. I wonder how the others are holding up? Poor guys, having to keep watch at night- maybe I should stick around after the changing of the watch.
    Last edited by Kail Erron; 2013-08-01 at 11:11 PM.
    Stunt check!

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17

Urtar looks out through the night, "What do you suppose is going on?" his voice comes out deep, and somehow seems to sound both like a human voice, and yet also like rocks rubbing against eachother.

Spoiler
    Show
    This night vision equipped broseph stalin rolled pretty well.
    Watch me play SKYRIM, give me quests, laugh at my deaths, and give me MOAR MODS! :P

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

And if I were a more powerful priest, then I could perhaps attune myself enough to garner Lady Sarenrae's attention, Tony replies, shrugging. Sadly, neither of us is that powerful, no matter how much we wish we were.

Shaking his head and gripping the top of the battlement, he says, And I do wish we were that powerful. Then we could have ridden out with mother and father to investigate ourselves. We could see the world beyond these walls, make a name for ourselves! Be like our parents and the heroes of old, protecting the weak and slaying evil where we find it.

Realizing that he is beginning to shout, he collects himself. I can't wait for that day, but until then we have to...well, wait, he finishes, waving his hands as if to brush away the concept of "waiting".

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

And if I were a more powerful priest, then I could perhaps attune myself enough to garner Lady Sarenrae's attention, Tony replies, shrugging. Sadly, neither of us is that powerful, no matter how much we wish we were.

Shaking his head and gripping the top of the battlement, he says, And I do wish we were that powerful. Then we could have ridden out with mother and father to investigate ourselves. We could see the world beyond these walls, make a name for ourselves! Be like our parents and the heroes of old, protecting the weak and slaying evil where we find it.

Realizing that he is beginning to shout, he collects himself. I can't wait for that day, but until then we have to...well, wait, he finishes, waving his hands as if to brush away the concept of "waiting".
    Carl grinned a little. Yeah, I know just what you mean, Tony. He gave a small glance skyward, enjoying the feel of the wind brushing against him. It's almost ironic, isn't it? A few months ago, I got into a fight with a druidic apprentice over my right to stay here- and now I almost itch to run out into the fields, casting spells and kicking so much tail- and maybe getting a chance to show that I'm not a failed druid.
    He put a light hand on his brother's shoulder. So when that day comes- let's totally show the world what we're made of! We'll be heroes- you the greatest Cleric, like, ever; and me the best Urban Druid! The Verdan brothers- Tony and Carlossi!
    He coughed, having begun to project like one of the troubadour folks that had come through the city on festival days. But, yeah, until then...wall duty. Hey, maybe we'll get news today- like that song, right?
    Stunt check!

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Tony smiles and grips his brother's shoulder tightly. We'll be the best damn team the world's ever seen, Carl, he says, voice firm with conviction. All those who scorn you now will realize their foolishness, and you'll make your own brotherhoods in cities across the world. And I'll spread My Lady's word and teachings; I'll make the world better, in what ways I can. Together, we'll make our parents proud.

With that, he squeezes Carl's shoulder and lets go. But as you say...guard duty, he says, practically spitting out the word. Time that could be spent honing my archery skills. I can use all the time I can get; the church didn't offer it, I had to seek someone out to teach me. Man, that took forever.

He knows he is beginning to ramble. He fingers his holy symbol, staring out into the distance as if staring at nothing.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Tony smiles and grips his brother's shoulder tightly. We'll be the best damn team the world's ever seen, Carl, he says, voice firm with conviction. All those who scorn you now will realize their foolishness, and you'll make your own brotherhoods in cities across the world. And I'll spread My Lady's word and teachings; I'll make the world better, in what ways I can. Together, we'll make our parents proud.

With that, he squeezes Carl's shoulder and lets go. But as you say...guard duty, he says, practically spitting out the word. Time that could be spent honing my archery skills. I can use all the time I can get; the church didn't offer it, I had to seek someone out to teach me. Man, that took forever.

He knows he is beginning to ramble. He fingers his holy symbol, staring out into the distance as if staring at nothing.
    I could show you on my sling, maybe. Carl said with a small smile.
    I still don't understand this whole archery business. But, hey- to each his own. And you're good- whenever I pick up a bow, things get hurt- but usually not what I'm aiming at!
    With a smile, Carl pulled a worn leather-and-sinew sling from his belt and gave it a few experimental waves. I prefer an honest sling, myself- but I hardly get a chance to hurl a rock.
    His face fell. Y'know what we need around here? More halflings. I betcha they wouldn't call the guards over a few measly pebbles.
    Stunt check!

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Tony shakes his head. You know I never liked slings, he says. He shrugs and says, Never quite got the hang of it. Bows are so much simpler: draw back and loose. But that may just be me, he finishes, laughing sheepishly.

And the guards would be called less if you kept a sharp eye on your surroundings, brother, Tony says. Find an open place to practice, and don't let anyone see you do it if you can help it. They can't fault you for something they do not know, right?

And as for halflings, I would welcome them. Wanderers as most of them are, they must have good stories. He sighs, wistful again at the thought of adventure.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok, the day group saw some stuff happening at the gate but the guards themselves took care of that quickly...

Night Group:
    As you look out to the east, 50 feet from the gate to Blackmarsh you take notice of these weird Black/Blue creatures surrounding this rock area looking like they are beating something up but you can't make out what or who...

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Tony shakes his head. You know I never liked slings, he says. He shrugs and says, Never quite got the hang of it. Bows are so much simpler: draw back and loose. But that may just be me, he finishes, laughing sheepishly.

And the guards would be called less if you kept a sharp eye on your surroundings, brother, Tony says. Find an open place to practice, and don't let anyone see you do it if you can help it. They can't fault you for something they do not know, right?

And as for halflings, I would welcome them. Wanderers as most of them are, they must have good stories. He sighs, wistful again at the thought of adventure.
    Yeah... I wish we knew some bards- I'm sure they'd know some new ones. Remember when I wanted to be a bard?
    Carl, with mock elegance, began to strum the air, inventing the AIR LYRE.
    An' I see what you mean about the guard problem. It's just hard to find a good spot to practice around here, y'know? I kinda see why other druids like their power circles- It must be great throwing stones there.
    Come to think of it, I really should've tagged along to your bow lessons. On the other hand-
    With a flourish, Carl drew his scimitar. The curved blade caught the sun as it rose, glittering like a mirror in the daylight.
    Rusty here's all the protection I need! Especially since it got restored- you could never tell I just found it lying around. Well, not lyin' around, but you know what I mean.
    Stunt check!

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah... I wish we knew some bards- I'm sure they'd know some new ones. Remember when I wanted to be a bard?
    Carl, with mock elegance, began to strum the air, inventing the AIR LYRE.
    An' I see what you mean about the guard problem. It's just hard to find a good spot to practice around here, y'know? I kinda see why other druids like their power circles- It must be great throwing stones there.
    Come to think of it, I really should've tagged along to your bow lessons. On the other hand-
    With a flourish, Carl drew his scimitar. The curved blade caught the sun as it rose, glittering like a mirror in the daylight.
    Rusty here's all the protection I need! Especially since it got restored- you could never tell I just found it lying around. Well, not lyin' around, but you know what I mean.
    Tony chuckles. Elder druids probably have other reasons for their power circles aside from throwing stones, he says, not unkindly. Just keep your eyes peeled for vacant spots, I suppose, to find a good practice spot.

And if an enemy closes in on me, I've got something for them,
    Tony says, drawing his own scimitar, though with less aplomb than his brother. Each of Sarenrae's devotees is trained with her weapon, to better protect themselves. Though that didn't quite help me; I trust my bow more, but I am grateful for it nonetheless. He goes through a few practice swings, grip sure but tight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aww man, the night squad gets the fun.
    Last edited by Thokk_Smash; 2013-08-02 at 12:46 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, so end the convo soon, i can only assume the night group would let you guys know about it, if not then... yeah, i'm sure they will.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Tony chuckles. Elder druids probably have other reasons for their power circles aside from throwing stones, he says, not unkindly. Just keep your eyes peeled for vacant spots, I suppose, to find a good practice spot.

And if an enemy closes in on me, I've got something for them,
    Tony says, drawing his own scimitar, though with less aplomb than his brother. Each of Sarenrae's devotees is trained with her weapon, to better protect themselves. Though that didn't quite help me; I trust my bow more, but I am grateful for it nonetheless. He goes through a few practice swings, grip sure but tight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, totes On the other hand, roleplaying is a lot of fun! I love getting to be a player!

Heh. I figure they must use them for other things, yes, but really, most of that power circle stuff's pretty dull. At least, what I've gleaned from eavesdropping on a few Sylvan folk- that is, animals. At least I can hear them, if convincing them of stuff is hard.

Carl gave a soft groan as he stretched. Hey, I just realized- do we have any spellcasters who can cast Sending? Maybe we could get one of them up here and send to our parents. I dunno why this didn't occur to me sooner, but... maybe it's worth a shot.
    Stunt check!

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, totes On the other hand, roleplaying is a lot of fun! I love getting to be a player!

Heh. I figure they must use them for other things, yes, but really, most of that power circle stuff's pretty dull. At least, what I've gleaned from eavesdropping on a few Sylvan folk- that is, animals. At least I can hear them, if convincing them of stuff is hard.

Carl gave a soft groan as he stretched. Hey, I just realized- do we have any spellcasters who can cast Sending? Maybe we could get one of them up here and send to our parents. I dunno why this didn't occur to me sooner, but... maybe it's worth a shot.
    Sending is a bit away from my current skill, and I do not believe any of our friends are capable of casting it either. Otherwise, I think we would have done so earlier. Though I suppose we could find a stronger spellcaster...

Hearing footsteps to his side, he turns to see said friends. Ah, your ears must have been burning, he says, nodding and smiling at them. Finally we get to leave. Best of luck, friends, and don't hesitate to let us know if our parents show up.

With that, he motions to Carl to join him as he walks off.

29. - Top - End - #29

Though a mostly boring shift of watch, Urtar stays vigilant, his father teaching him the repercussions for becoming slack. After a few hours he notices the creatures and summons the rest of the group, though he knows they may not be able to see them as well as he can he still attempts to point out their location. "I think we should go investigate. Who knows what it could be."
    Last edited by KingOfLaughter; 2013-08-02 at 01:11 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sending is a bit away from my current skill, and I do not believe any of our friends are capable of casting it either. Otherwise, I think we would have done so earlier. Though I suppose we could find a stronger spellcaster...

Hearing footsteps to his side, he turns to see said friends. Ah, your ears must have been burning, he says, nodding and smiling at them. Finally we get to leave. Best of luck, friends, and don't hesitate to let us know if our parents show up.

With that, he motions to Carl to join him as he walks off.
    Carl waved at his incoming buddies, his buoyancy rapidly approaching normal (I.E Elevated) levels as he got to leave the wall.
    Yeah! We're counting on you guys, so stay awesome!

Tossing off a quick smile, Carl hops over to his brother.
    Awright! Now what? The city beckons- even if evening's coming. That's the best time for all sorts of things! Y'know, the moon's bright, so the time's right, right?
    Even if the moon's scarcely rising yet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Out of character: Did Carl and Tony just get summoned, or is this happening in some other way? I'm a little foggy on the order this is taking place in.
    Last edited by Kail Erron; 2013-08-02 at 01:15 AM.
    Stunt check!

Spoiler
    Show