New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Dallas-Dakota's Dastardly and Devious Dancing Debate of Random Banter #198

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    I would believe it even if you did not share the cookies. But sharing them would help.
    Awe thank you. I shall get on making those post haste! Well...okay after dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    As far as I can determine, it's quite common to not like certain foods prepared or served in certain ways, but then like them when they are served in other ways.

Alas, there is no other method for one's blood to be analysed to determine the state of one's health. Eventually, I am certain science will invent a device that can peer through the skin, count blood cells and determine the proportions of dissolved nutrients, etc. But I rather doubt it will happen any time soon. So, until then, needles remain the most practical and least traumatic method.
    As for losing blood, do not worry, a tree sheds many leaves a year, but they still grow strong.

I am already much improved. I have determined that the reason behind my feeling terrible yesterday was the fact that I had not eaten combined with a terrible night's sleep.
    It is indeed good to hear that you have also recovered.

Personally, I just use Google, and will continue to do so until America embraces the metric system. I live in hope that the day will come eventually and I can stop having to convert everything.
    Hmm, huh. When you put it that way it does make more sense. I've been thinking about it as not liking a food but enjoying things that taste like it. But thinking about it in terms of just different ways of making things, then yeah that does make sense that a lot of people are that way.

It is still very much hard to get over this fear. Even for my health. I am hoping that I do not need to have my blood checked until such measures are invented. I agree needles are best but that doesn't make me fear them any less, or think at all that this fear is rational.

Oh, those are not good things to do. Eat well and sleep as is possible and befits you. I admit, I need to work on my own caretaking. I eat okay but sleep is very hit and miss. As far as my health, I do feel quite better though my appetite is very odd right now.

I would too prefer that this happen. Sigh, differences in people and cultures and all that...til then, I learn to convert.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dallas-Dakota's Dastardly and Devious Dancing Debate of Random Banter #198

It is indeed neat. But yes, highly annoying. I should probably stop being lazy and get back to it, but I really don't want to...
    Hm. What is the avatar of, anyway?

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Well that's normal here, as well. However, multiple days in a row where it's hitting near or above 100* is TOO FRIKKIN' HOT.

Right now, at least, it's hotter here than it is in Texas. Just sayin'.

No it isn't! It's just differently useful! 0*C and 100*C tell you when water freezes and boils. 0*F and 100*F tell you when you're allowed to complain about the temperature.
    Yeah, but still, the warning to stay inside is a bit much.

Yeah, but you're abnormally warm right now - check Texas (or Arizona or New Mexico) in the middle of summer and that'll be a different story.

I believe I have a quote that adequately summarizes my feelings on this point:
    Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Farenheit is based on the temperature of the lowest ring of Hell; that's the only explanation for it even existing.

Yeah... I need a fan to sleep at night during the Summer. The heat makes it even harder to fall asleep. But I'm usually fine during the day.

That is why I have decided that when I decide to finally get around to my tour of America, that I am travelling during either the Spring and Summer, or the Summer and Autumn.

Hmm... You should be careful to avoid that in future... I'd rather your health not be so terrible as for you to become jaundiced. Not that a yellowish discolouration of the skin always mean jaundice, but its the first thing that popped into my mind.

And before I forget to ask his opinion: Amidus, how long does it take for one to get use to one's fingers feeling different after taking up the guitar?
    Yeah... it's much harder to go to sleep when the ambient temperature is hot enough to make you sweat. AC and fans are so very nice.

Hrm... Do late spring/summer. Mornings in August/September can be fairly cold (well, for you, anyway. I merely find them pleasantly cool, but I like cold weather), but they're pretty temperate in May/June. Around here, at least - I can't speak for the rest of the US.

I think my skin is naturally tinted a slightly yellow colour - it's what colour my skin ends up with if I've not gone outside in a long time and have lost my tan (in addition to being paler). I also tend to look yellow if I'm ill or dehydrated. *shrug*

Depending on which feeling you mean. If you mean the constant feeling that something's under your fingernails due to calluses... never. That feeling doesn't go away. You'll be able to ignore it eventually, but that really depends on how fast you get used to change. If you mean the painful feeling after playing a lot... that'll go away when you get proper calluses and lose a modicum of your tactile sense, although it'll still hurt if you play to the point that you've got blisters on your fingers, but I don't advise doing that. (now, I have done this several times - in fact, I've played to the point that the strings have cut open my fingers... Bass still has some blood on it from that. Ah, that was a good show... ).
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2013-08-27 at 11:24 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Now I can't get the image of your avatar striking a pose at the end of a catwalk out of my mind...
    I call this one Blue Steel...

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    I'm detecting a lot of blue emenating from this post. What you need is a good sprinkling of some green ($). Are they requiring you to work, but paying you regular hours? Is there any way to dispute this? Or is this common practice at your place of employment?
    Lots of implied blue, yup

Correction, they're requiring me to work, and not paying me anything extra. It's not common though, and like I said, we sorta just need to push through until Monday. But meanwhile, meh.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    I'm going to have to agree. I'll say more on those games though when more has progressed.
    Yay! :3

Hmm really...nice idea. I can see what you mean by it. Though I have already frank through a bottle of water and a full can of soda, so I should get something else to drink. Probably that milk.
    Milk is both good and excellent at removing sour aftertastes. I find it has a tendency to leave a sour aftertaste itself as well, so I always top off any meal where I've drunk milk with half a glass of water just to wash of my tongue.

Ahh! *ish glomped* This is mostly true. Sadly there are those who say otherwise. No to that idea though. Definitely focus on the good of that: much more hugs.
    True, there will always be those around who don't like hugs, but I find it rather easy to respect them for as long as someone who likes hugs is around. Then there are those who dislike seeing others hug, but for as long as we're in a public space, I'm not really listening to them... ;3

*another hug*

I will when I have some time, probably tonight. I'll be sure you are quickly placed on the list. And I am definitely putting my girlfriend on there a few times. She helps a lot.
    Woo!

Those friends who are willing to give up everything they're doing just to be there for you in your darkest hour, no matter how long it will take, they're invaluable. I know I've got a pair of friends to thank extra in this regard, and I suggest that you give your girlfriend an extra big hug the next time you see her.

Ah thank you for this, and especially for the references! I knew the water ones, but all the rest are new to me. Again thank you.
    Yeah, I suspected you'd know those, but I included them anyway for posterity's sake...

What should I offer for the charity raffle, some clothing already made or the offer of making one piece of clothing that the winner chooses?
    Hmm, while the free choice is neat, I'll suggest the already made clothing anyway, at least if the participants gets to see the prices before entering the drawing. There's always something certain about seeing what you'll get, and it's easy to be dubious toward the quality of promised handicraft if you don't know the craftsperson or have a sample to judge from...

Time to vacuum soon?
    Hehehe...

Well, I actually like spiders, so they're free to stay and have fun at their party for as long as they don't bring and drugs with them. Now, they went away in a matter of minutes anyway. It turns out that rave spiders don't ascribe to the doctrine of partying hard all night long...

As far as I can determine, it's quite common to not like certain foods prepared or served in certain ways, but then like them when they are served in other ways.
    True. I despise raw rocket salad (rucola), and find sun-dried tomatoes meh at best, but in a rucola and sun-dried tomato pie, they're divine...

That just shows there were no delays when shipping. After all, the system is very efficient:
    Fruit gets picked, packed, moved to port, shipped, moved to the shop, unpacked ready for sale. If they've done their job right, there should be almost no waiting around. After all, if they do arrive ripe, then they need to be sold practically immediately, and that's not going to happen all the time.
    That's all true...

I am uncertain of the walking distance due to the route being an unusual shape, but yes. At least twenty minutes each way, with the way back involving the carrying of a box, a task my arms would object to due to the uncomfortable nature of it.
    Hmm, you should get a bike with a good carrier...

That is indeed good to hear. I hope that you will continue to be better.
    Yeah, and so do I. Thing are looking good right now, I must say.

ION:
    Little brother moved out of town to begin his university studies in another city earlier this morning. He'll probably return for the weekends until he's gotten a better solution for his housing situation (right now, he'll have to do with temporary solutions), but it's still going to be quite empty without him...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    True. I despise raw rocket salad (rucola), and find sun-dried tomatoes meh at best, but in a rucola and sun-dried tomato pie, they're divine...
    Similar to how I'm not fond of Jaeger on its own, nor redbull, but together? Oh yum.

--

@Teddy - Managed to listen to your recording last night, and realized I HAD listened to that recording before, on that recording your voice thread. It's certainly an interesting sounding language.

@Kneen - Saw your picture last night, and that's terrible! I hope its healing properly! Apparently there's 8 to 10 destitutes that need to feel the wrath of my armored posterior.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

7. - Top - End - #277
    Colossus in the Playground

I just saw a movie title. I don't know what the movie is about, I have not seen it and likely will not.

The movie is called "CHUPACABRA VS THE ALAMO"
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2013-08-28 at 09:02 AM.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    @Teddy - Managed to listen to your recording last night, and realized I HAD listened to that recording before, on that recording your voice thread. It's certainly an interesting sounding language.
    Yup, I love it myself. It has a very nice ring to the vowels that I think many other languages lack...

Show

9. - Top - End - #279
    Bugbear in the Playground

My friends have come home from the hospital. That is all.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog is... pure amazing.

Can't... stop... watching... it... Neil Patrick Harris, I'd go gay for you any day.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Yay! :3

Milk is both good and excellent at removing sour aftertastes. I find it has a tendency to leave a sour aftertaste itself as well, so I always top off any meal where I've drunk milk with half a glass of water just to wash of my tongue.

True, there will always be those around who don't like hugs, but I find it rather easy to respect them for as long as someone who likes hugs is around. Then there are those who dislike seeing others hug, but for as long as we're in a public space, I'm not really listening to them... ;3

*another hug*

Woo!

Those friends who are willing to give up everything they're doing just to be there for you in your darkest hour, no matter how long it will take, they're invaluable. I know I've got a pair of friends to thank extra in this regard, and I suggest that you give your girlfriend an extra big hug the next time you see her.

Yeah, I suspected you'd know those, but I included them anyway for posterity's sake...

ION:
    Little brother moved out of town to begin his university studies in another city earlier this morning. He'll probably return for the weekends until he's gotten a better solution for his housing situation (right now, he'll have to do with temporary solutions), but it's still going to be quite empty without him...
    Yeah I know just what you mean. Tastes so delicious at first. Unfortunately now there is no more milk. I finished the gallon last night after waking up from a crazy dream.

Heh yeah. I think it has to do with personal space issues or not liking being touched. But I have always had very huggy friends and family, so it naturally just stuck to me. *continuing the hug-fest* Anyone else want to join in?

Trust me I absolutely shall. And yay for those friends of yours!

I wish your brother the best in his university, as well as wishing you well in your general living situation. Always got us of the Banter around to help you while missing him, promise.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I just saw a movie title. I don't know what the movie is about, I have not seen it and likely will not.

The movie is called "CHUPACABRA VS THE ALAMO"
    I am not sure if I want to see this or not. That title is just so absurd that I have to wonder about the movie.

Yay for out of the hospital-ness! I may have missed it somewhere, why were they in the hospital though?

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog is... pure amazing.

Can't... stop... watching... it... Neil Patrick Harris, I'd go gay for you any day.
    I've heard of that but never looked into it. What's it like?

Heh I have a friend who would absolutely understand. He's also a fan. Of course I understand too.
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

Cute things can have claws? You've gotta be kitten me!
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Like eeeeevery roooose has it's thoooorns.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

You had multiple friends in the hospital? Well, from your smilie, I assume that their leave was auspicious, so I'll gladly share your joy.

Yeah I know just what you mean. Tastes so delicious at first. Unfortunately now there is no more milk. I finished the gallon last night after waking up from a crazy dream.
    Hmm, I suggest you address this terrible milk drought posthaste.

Heh yeah. I think it has to do with personal space issues or not liking being touched. But I have always had very huggy friends and family, so it naturally just stuck to me. *continuing the hug-fest* Anyone else want to join in?
    Yeah, I haven't been especially huggy with any of my friends, mostly due to being too anxious about asking for one...

*hugs*

I wish your brother the best in his university, as well as wishing you well in your general living situation. Always got us of the Banter around to help you while missing him, promise.
    Yeah, I think I'll survive, but it'll feel odd without him, at least for the first month...

Show

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

*blink, then slow facepalm* Wow ender...wow.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Like eeeeevery roooose has it's thoooorns.
    Dang, I love that song.

Hmm, I suggest you address this terrible milk drought posthaste.
    I would, but I have to watch the house and the dogs while my grandma is taking a friend to see the doctor. So for now I be somewhat responsible. She'll probably by some on the trip home.

Yeah, I haven't been especially huggy with any of my friends, mostly due to being too anxious about asking for one...

*hugs*
    Aww I am sorry for this. As I mentioned, I haven't seen many of my other friends lately, so that is why I have no huggled them really. Here here, it's okay Teddy. *hugs*

Yeah, I think I'll survive, but it'll feel odd without him, at least for the first month...
    Ah right...I get the feeling. When I officially moved out of the house from my mom and siblings, it was all so strange...like it wasn't really happening. But a few years later now, and here I am. Only with my grandma because I want to help her out, because I need to do my schooling, and because I don't have the money yet to move elsewhere. But I surely eventually will. But back on topic, yes it is a strange feeling, but you'll have some ways to stay in touch, which I say is good.

ION: Okay, I do like the Playground much more than any other social place online. But sometimes these arguements...ehh. I mean people get to arguing over the craziest things here, having to do with the comic or D&D in general, and most of them just won't let up no matter how obvious it is that the arguments are going nowhere. I know I shouldn't be letting myself get so rustled, but it ticks me off, and I don't even take part in the discussions. I get to where I want to, then I read on and have to just flee. So I am going to hide here in safety til I feel calm.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    \Correction, they're requiring me to work, and not paying me anything extra. It's not common though, and like I said, we sorta just need to push through until Monday. But meanwhile, meh.
    Well, let us hope that they'll throw a big party after this!
    Time to get an imaginary friend!
    Great joy! They are well, yes?
    Ha ha!
    Okay, I do like the Playground much more than any other social place online. But sometimes these arguements...ehh. I mean people get to arguing over the craziest things here, having to do with the comic or D&D in general, and most of them just won't let up no matter how obvious it is that the arguments are going nowhere. I know I shouldn't be letting myself get so rustled, but it ticks me off, and I don't even take part in the discussions. I get to where I want to, then I read on and have to just flee. So I am going to hide here in safety til I feel calm.
    There have been arguments in here, too...

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

Heheheh, it's not really a serious reaction; with cats and dogs, it's never more than irritating my eyes a little bit (if anything at all). I think the worst reaction I had was from a rabbit, and that was just some red spots on my face that went away shortly after I washed it.

A fraction of a very tiny number is still a very tiny number.

He asked, and I provided an answer. It's better than actually describing it.
    *imagines someone rubbing a rabbit in your face* Heheheheheheh.

Yes, but when the number nears non-existence, I don't know if it really counts...

Eeevil, evil being.

In that case Finn, I suggest thick curtains and cloth wall hangings. Alternatively, getting to bed earlier, but seriously, we all know redecorating is significantly easier than changing one's sleep schedule.
    I do hope that you begin to feel better shortly.

Seriously? Twenty-five degrees? How... How do you even handle standing in a kitchen with the oven on?
    Anyway... It's official Finn. You must now visit Queensland.

You always manage to get a laugh out of me Finn.
    Sigh... But... That would require me trying to figure out what the hell the curtain attachment system is in my bedroom and then actually be bothered to go and get new curtains that are dark enough! Tbh, the curtains are not going to help much at all with the clocktower's loud banging.

Hey, it's not like I'm not used to sitting naked in 110°C! Besides, the kitchen at my place is too tiny to hang out with, you do the essential things and then move yourself to the living room as the heat does get a bit unbearable in that small bastard of a kitchen.
    ... Anyways, my point is, 25°C is torture, honestly, unless you get to spend all of your day in a lake or with a nice cold summer breeze.

Why is it official, now?

ION: Basically, I've been dead tired today and decided that I'll be having an early night and all that jazz as well, when you're ill, rest is sort of well needed if you want to consider proper recovery...

.. Unfortunately my sleeping plans have failed as I accidentally derped myself for a good 1,5 hour nap. *facepalm* I feel refreshed, alive, rather well.. And it's not even 10pm! Come on, brain, why can't you just work together with me... Sigh. Time to wash my hair, I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

Unfortunately my sleeping plans have failed as I accidentally derped myself for a good 1,5 hour nap. *facepalm* I feel refreshed, alive, rather well.. And it's not even 10pm! Come on, brain, why can't you just work together with me... Sigh. Time to wash my hair, I suppose.
    Aw, so close...!

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

I would, but I have to watch the house and the dogs while my grandma is taking a friend to see the doctor. So for now I be somewhat responsible. She'll probably by some on the trip home.
    Well, look at it from the positive side: if she does the milk buying, you won't have to take that responsibility upon yourself.

Aww I am sorry for this. As I mentioned, I haven't seen many of my other friends lately, so that is why I have no huggled them really. Here here, it's okay Teddy. *hugs*
    Yeah, I'm getting better at it. Haven't asked anyone for one yet, but at least I'm honestly considering it, and that's a clear improvement.

*hugs*

Ah right...I get the feeling. When I officially moved out of the house from my mom and siblings, it was all so strange...like it wasn't really happening. But a few years later now, and here I am. Only with my grandma because I want to help her out, because I need to do my schooling, and because I don't have the money yet to move elsewhere. But I surely eventually will. But back on topic, yes it is a strange feeling, but you'll have some ways to stay in touch, which I say is good.
    Yeah. I've actually been rather afraid of the whole idea of moving out myself, since I knew it would make me really lonely, but with my recent personal developments, I think that fear is starting to go away slowly as well. The knowledge that I'll actually be able to break my isolation and find new social circles is still new to me and hardly very well explored, but it gives me confidence no less.

And yes, we'll see eachother from time to time. It'll be fun to see how university changes him...

ION: Okay, I do like the Playground much more than any other social place online. But sometimes these arguements...ehh. I mean people get to arguing over the craziest things here, having to do with the comic or D&D in general, and most of them just won't let up no matter how obvious it is that the arguments are going nowhere. I know I shouldn't be letting myself get so rustled, but it ticks me off, and I don't even take part in the discussions. I get to where I want to, then I read on and have to just flee. So I am going to hide here in safety til I feel calm.
    Heh, when I still was rather new around here, I got sucked up in what long after was refered to as the "Morally Justified" debate. We went on for 2 threads debating whether Roy was morally justified in attacking Miko after she'd killed Shojo, and at the end of the second thread, we all just collectively agreed to not create a third thread.

In retrospect, that was probably the most hilariously pointless argument I've ever been stuck in, and it left quite an impression on the OotS subforum, to the point where joke threads kept popping up quite long afterwards asking if one character or another was morally justified in doing something usually quite mundane or insignificant...

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Time to get an imaginary friend!
    Oh, but I already have a number of them. They're all in this lovely imaginary country I call The Playground.

But yeah, no need for imaginary friends when I have all of you wonderful people just a keystroke away.

ION:
    We had a lovely sunset this evening. The sky was beautiful with abstract, brushstroke clouds. Now, I love cloudgazing, and I have a special knack for seeing birds in them, and you have no idea of how many birds I managed to see this evening. I basically lost count after a few minutes, I could see them everywhere. Magnificient cloudbirds, spreading their wings above me, caught up in an acrobatic game beyond the comprehension of this world... :3
    Last edited by Teddy; 2013-08-28 at 03:59 PM.

Show

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

But yeah, no need for imaginary friends when I have all of you wonderful people just a keystroke away.
    Aw.
    We had a lovely sunset this evening. The sky was beautiful with abstract, brushstroke clouds. Now, I love cloudgazing, and I have a special knack for seeing birds in them, and you have no idea of how many birds I managed to see this evening. I basically lost count after a few minutes, I could see them everywhere. Magnificient cloudbirds, spreading their wings above me, caught up in an acrobatic game beyond the comprehension of this world... :3
    Nice. Have you any photographs of them?

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Nice. Have you any photographs of them?
    Nope, I brought neither camera nor phone with me on my walk. I felt a sting of regret out there myself, but at the same time, I like to disconnect and disencumber myself when going for a walk. It's easier to get in touch with nature as well as my own thoughts that way...

Show

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Nope, I brought neither camera nor phone with me on my walk. I felt a sting of regret out there myself, but at the same time, I like to disconnect and disencumber myself when going for a walk. It's easier to get in touch with nature as well as my own thoughts that way...
    Ah, yes, that is true. Well, I'm glad you enjoyed your walk!

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

There have been arguments in here, too...
    Hmm...okay this is likely true. It's just...the arguments here do not seem as common, or about as silly and pointless topics. So I still feel much safer here.

Well, look at it from the positive side: if she does the milk buying, you won't have to take that responsibility upon yourself.
    Ah it seems you have stumbled upon my plan. Well she got home but did not get milk. Ah well, I was gonna go to the store later for soda so I can probably get some milk too.

Yeah, I'm getting better at it. Haven't asked anyone for one yet, but at least I'm honestly considering it, and that's a clear improvement.

*hugs*
    Yes, I would say it definitely is. You seem much happier lately Teddy. This is a very good thing. Well...I say lately, though I guess I have only seen you during a couple sad times. Still, compared to those you do seem quite more joyful and pleasantly talkative.

Yeah. I've actually been rather afraid of the whole idea of moving out myself, since I knew it would make me really lonely, but with my recent personal developments, I think that fear is starting to go away slowly as well. The knowledge that I'll actually be able to break my isolation and find new social circles is still new to me and hardly very well explored, but it gives me confidence no less.

And yes, we'll see eachother from time to time. It'll be fun to see how university changes him...
    Good! Keep hold of that confidence, it is a key trait in some parts of life I hear. As far as living alone I don't really worry. For most of my life I spent a lot of time at home alone for various reasons. The solitude rarely bothers me, even at night unlike in the past. But as far as living alone...I admit there is still much more I have to learn about the process.

Hmm indeed it shall. Try to seem him as much as you can, I rarely get to see much of my family, and I can say from time to time I do regret it. A bit.

Heh, when I still was rather new around here, I got sucked up in what long after was refered to as the "Morally Justified" debate. We went on for 2 threads debating whether Roy was morally justified in attacking Miko after she'd killed Shojo, and at the end of the second thread, we all just collectively agreed to not create a third thread.

In retrospect, that was probably the most hilariously pointless argument I've ever been stuck in, and it left quite an impression on the OotS subforum, to the point where joke threads kept popping up quite long afterwards asking if one character or another was morally justified in doing something usually quite mundane or insignificant...
    I admit yeah, those are the discussions I try to avoid. Rarely because of liking or disliking a point of view, but because of disliking an argument going on too long. Or disliking arguments in general. They scare and sadden me...

Oh, but I already have a number of them. They're all in this lovely imaginary country I call The Playground.

Wait, you mean we actually exist?

ION:
    Ooh that sounds wonderfully picturesque! Wish I could draw it.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm...okay this is likely true. It's just...the arguments here do not seem as common, or about as silly and pointless topics. So I still feel much safer here.
    Fair enough. There are fairly uncommon, yes.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Ah it seems you have stumbled upon my plan. Well she got home but did not get milk. Ah well, I was gonna go to the store later for soda so I can probably get some milk too.
    Well, I wish you a pleasant walk (or drive, if that's what you do) when you go.

Yes, I would say it definitely is. You seem much happier lately Teddy. This is a very good thing. Well...I say lately, though I guess I have only seen you during a couple sad times. Still, compared to those you do seem quite more joyful and pleasantly talkative.
    I have been much happier lately, yes. I've been riding the emotional rollercoaster for... *checks clock* ... one month and four days now, and it's had numerous ups and downs, but if you compare how I feel right now to how I felt two months ago, before any of this started, then yes, I'm actually happier now. I'm a huge emotional mess, but it's a happy emotional mess as well, and I've come to love the feeling of just feeling almost as much as the feelings I feel, because it's such a huge change from what I was before. It may be overwhelming, and put me on an edge with mood swings and general instability as a result, but it feels so good nevertheless.

*hugs*

Good! Keep hold of that confidence, it is a key trait in some parts of life I hear. As far as living alone I don't really worry. For most of my life I spent a lot of time at home alone for various reasons. The solitude rarely bothers me, even at night unlike in the past. But as far as living alone...I admit there is still much more I have to learn about the process.
    Yeah, my worries were that I'd go from nigh complete isolation, with my brothers and parents being my primary social outlet apart from uni, to actual complete isolation. But now I'm actually starting to grow confident in that I could find a way out of that bubble when due time arrives...

Hmm indeed it shall. Try to seem him as much as you can, I rarely get to see much of my family, and I can say from time to time I do regret it. A bit.
    Yeah, that' will be pretty hard, because he'll be studying rather far away from our town (2 hours by car, which may not be a lot by American standards (), but I don't have a driving licence yet anyway). I think he'll come home for at least some of the weekends in the following month, and we'll have to see what happens afterwards...

I admit yeah, those are the discussions I try to avoid. Rarely because of liking or disliking a point of view, but because of disliking an argument going on too long. Or disliking arguments in general. They scare and sadden me...
    Yeah, I've grown a bit since it as well. Especially when it comes to taking a step back and trying to view my own position in the discussion with some term of objectivity. It's still hard to not get caught up in a discussion, but I'm getting better, and I've got a few painful examples in the past to prove the need for myself....

Wait, you mean we actually exist?
    Well, you could be advanced AI constructs messing with me for all I know, but for as long as I'm happy talking with you, I see no need in questioning your authenticity. I'd rather think that I'm talking to real people and be proven wrong, than assume that I'm being fooled and proven wrong.

And hey, if someone manage to create an AI so advanced that I can talk to him or her for months or years while still being certain I'm talking to an actual human, then I think we've reached such an advanced level of technology that even our creations deserve to be called people...

Ooh that sounds wonderfully picturesque! Wish I could draw it.
    Yeah, a sketch pad would've been nice, but at the same time, I fear I wouldn't have made the clouds any justice, and I lacked a good vantage point from where to observe the whole sky without having at least one tree blocking parts of my view...

Show

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

*a wild Heliomance appears!*

So I recently got a shiny new Samsung Galaxy S3. I love it. It combines the features of my old phone and my old iPod Touch into one package that works better than either of them. There's just one very minor quibble I have.

The keyboard. On the iPod Touch, it had this nifty little feature where if you put in a piece of punctuation, then hit space, it would automatically shift back to the letters keyboard. Do any of you know if it's possible to make the Galaxy keyboard do the same thing?
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    *a wild Heliomance appears!*
    Hi, Heliomance!

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

Great. Just brilliant.

I hate this flat so much right now.

Moths.
    That damn clock tower.

And the fact that I nearly went through the damned floor in the bathroom. I want it fixed. I WANT IT FIXED.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

And the fact that I nearly went through the damned floor in the bathroom. I want it fixed. I WANT IT FIXED.
    Oh, dear. That's definitely a danger!

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Fair enough. There are fairly uncommon, yes.
    Indeed, plus in general, it's just very nice here. Good people all around.

Well, I wish you a pleasant walk (or drive, if that's what you do) when you go.
    Heh well thank you. It would be a walk, but grandma offered to drive me if I wait until later. So wait I am. It is a good way to avoid the heat.

I have been much happier lately, yes. I've been riding the emotional rollercoaster for... *checks clock* ... one month and four days now, and it's had numerous ups and downs, but if you compare how I feel right now to how I felt two months ago, before any of this started, then yes, I'm actually happier now. I'm a huge emotional mess, but it's a happy emotional mess as well, and I've come to love the feeling of just feeling almost as much as the feelings I feel, because it's such a huge change from what I was before. It may be overwhelming, and put me on an edge with mood swings and general instability as a result, but it feels so good nevertheless.

*hugs*
    Well the best thing usually is feeling good, no matter all the mess that is beside it. So for all this, I say congratulations and yippie for all the good lately. *hugses*

Yeah, my worries were that I'd go from nigh complete isolation, with my brothers and parents being my primary social outlet apart from uni, to actual complete isolation. But now I'm actually starting to grow confident in that I could find a way out of that bubble when due time arrives...
    Hmm are you afraid very much of being alone? I know quite a few are. I haven't decided if I am or not. But yes, I feel confident too that you'll be able to take it when the time comes. And of course we are around to assist.

Yeah, that' will be pretty hard, because he'll be studying rather far away from our town (2 hours by car, which may not be a lot by American standards (), but I don't have a driving licence yet anyway). I think he'll come home for at least some of the weekends in the following month, and we'll have to see what happens afterwards...
    Well it might not be far by American standards, I don't know. But by my standards it is quite far. Anyone that is a 2 hours drive or more away I just don't get to see. Good that you'll be able to have some weekends though to meet up.

Yeah, I've grown a bit since it as well. Especially when it comes to taking a step back and trying to view my own position in the discussion with some term of objectivity. It's still hard to not get caught up in a discussion, but I'm getting better, and I've got a few painful examples in the past to prove the need for myself....
    Hmm another question what kind of issues usually pull at you more to join? For me it is people arguing over the alignments of the characters in the comic. Now sure why, it's just what bugs me most.

Well, you could be advanced AI constructs messing with me for all I know, but for as long as I'm happy talking with you, I see no need in questioning your authenticity. I'd rather think that I'm talking to real people and be proven wrong, than assume that I'm being fooled and proven wrong.

And hey, if someone manage to create an AI so advanced that I can talk to him or her for months or years while still being certain I'm talking to an actual human, then I think we've reached such an advanced level of technology that even our creations deserve to be called people...
    Heh that is a great way to think of it. I would put a picture somewhere to assure that I am not an AI, but first I need a haircut something fierce. When I feel more presentable then I can take pictures.

And I agree here too. Robotics that have a mind and opinions and talk like people this way should be seen as people.

Yeah, a sketch pad would've been nice, but at the same time, I fear I wouldn't have made the clouds any justice, and I lacked a good vantage point from where to observe the whole sky without having at least one tree blocking parts of my view...
    Ah okay then. Sometimes that happens. I'm not really great with clouds either, but I love drawing outside scenery. It's what I feel best at.

@Finn: Yikes. That sounds horrid. I very much hope someone comes to fix it soon. Really really soon.

So, separate from all other things I wrote and to anyone who wishes to read it, I am honestly not feeling so great. There's...kind of a bit going on and some bad thoughts on my mind, some things that could potentially likely happen, some things that have me stressed, and the more I try to not think of it the more I end up thinking of, even imaging worst case scenario conversations with people that I really shouldn't be doing. It's just...I don't want to go into details on it, and if I did I don't think I would have the words for it. But a year or two ago keeping this to myself and pretending to be all giggles and grins would have been easy, natural. Events and people in that time frame have made it impossible now for me to keep things like this hidden. Whether that is a good or a bad thing, I'll have to think about later. But yeah, keeping that inside was proving too hard. So I can say this much. I hope the depressing feeling and the fear and stress go away soon. And now I feel like I am saying too much. *hide under bed*
    Show