New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Dallas-Dakota's Dastardly and Devious Dancing Debate of Random Banter #198

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Oh, neat! How is your progress?
    Slowly and painfully. I always end up with something decidedly runnier than I'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Overall, the album sounds like a good mix of their other good albums with added reverb. It's great (not Blast Tyrant, but that's an unfair comparison) and I'd definitely recommend it.
    Yeah, this would have been first Clutch album so that doesn't help especially much.

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dallas-Dakota's Dastardly and Devious Dancing Debate of Random Banter #198

Quote Originally Posted by AllIHaveIsCrunk View Post
    Slowly and painfully. I always end up with something decidedly runnier than I'd like.
    A pity. Well, once you succeed, let us know. We'll throw a party and all.

3. - Top - End - #333

A pity. Well, once you succeed, let us know. We'll throw a party and all.
    I don't like parties.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

I don't like parties.
    Fine, fine. We'll send you a card.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    When I was little, I suffered from motion sickness, and that was not very fun when visiting amusement parks. Today, almost all of that is gone, thankfully.
    That's pretty cool. I still have motion sickness sadly, but that doesn't stop me from getting on rides!

No, the fear of heights does that.

Yeah, I know it's a bit hard to eat and type at the same time, but yeah, I know I won't be alone for as long as I have all of you. You all mean a lot to me...
    Yay, we are all meaningful! Everybody, hug Teddy! *hugs*

Heh, yeah. Some people just can't resist poking the anthill, no matter how nice and caring they are otherwise...
    Yeah, I guess that does generally describe him I guess. I have no clue why he finds it fun.

We can always hope... :3
    True, or I can just ask her when I see her.

Yeah, these are rather rudimentary, but they look good when drawn with ballpoint pen in a song book, which is where it all started (okay, it actually started on a paper tablecloth, but still)...
    Hmm so do you draw frequently? I admit that other than with my class I do not. Not that I don't enjoy drawing, but it's just an occasional hobby to me.

Heh, if you want.
    And so I have.

Heheheh
    Well I've been playing the games a lot lately. Of course it was going to be on my mind!

Good. I hate to see bad things happen to good people.
    Hmm...well I do thank you for the thought, but nothing exactly is "happening" to me in particular. I am just sensitive sometimes to hearing the troubles of others, and a few little stressful things for myself. But I am doing somewhat better now.

ION: Next, on Amidus' inability to properly manage time, we'll show him procrastinating when he ought to be reading.
    Oh that feeling I do know. Kept from doing classwork all week because of the thoughts running through my head...one of which is the need to do schoolwork. Vicious cycle in progress. Possible overload...
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

6. - Top - End - #336

Fine, fine. We'll send you a card.
    I don't like cards, either.

Wow, two for two. That sucks.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

If we hear about you on the fifth of November, do we assume you've died in some kind of explosion-related mishap? ...

Heheheh

Have fun and such. Do tell us about it when you get back.
    Well, the date should be easy to remember, because I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot. I'm thinking more eaten by angry fursuiters or possibly mauled for keeping an active tally of men wearing kilts and a separate tally for women. So far I'm up to 6 men and 1 women.

I'm currently staying with my empty-nester first-cousins-once-removed, so that's interesting. Always got along with them when I was little b/c my dad and his cousin got along well & the spouse got along well with the gaggle of small children at the event.

Not much to tell so far other than that I already encountered a man wearing a combination of plate armor and chain mail, there was a steampunk party but I wasn't able to attend between various things, and the metro rail was so packed that I thought I'd have to wait for the next train to actually leave the downtown area of the con. Also, the people going to dragon*con managed to coincide with a broken metro escalator at the stop for Dragon*con.

Also the line to get in to pre-registration was so long that it wrapped around the hotel and would have looped around itself if they hadn't made the end of the line spiral partially into the hotel's parking area.

We were in line for about 1.5 to 2 hours, or thereabouts. For a day mostly spent asleep in the car, vaguely lost looking for a bbq joint or our rendezvous point, or waiting, it wasn't too bad of a day. I'm a bit disappointed at my feet for already being slightly sore, but I'm wearing my better shoes tomorrow.

Also randomly got poked by the girl that my friend came down here with me to meet up with for Dragon*Con. That was weird.

Have fun, comrade!
    Danke.

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    5th of November? This convention is *two months* long?
    Ideally I should be home around the 5th of Septembber, but the 5th of November is more memorable, and I might end up getting shanghaied in texas or some other misadventure without being dead, but probably nothing that'd take me more than 2 months to escape.

Edit: In a surprise twist, I somehow have brief internets.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2013-08-29 at 11:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

I don't like cards, either.

Wow, two for two. That sucks.
    Indeed. Er... Do you like money?

9. - Top - End - #339

Indeed. Er... Do you like money?
    Not when I get it for something as mundane as cooking a hardboiled egg.

It's like birthdays. Why do we celebrate that, again?

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

Not when I get it for something as mundane as cooking a hardboiled egg.

It's like birthdays. Why do we celebrate that, again?
    To celebrate one's aging, and the beauty of humanity, I think.

Would Monopoly money work?

11. - Top - End - #341

To celebrate one's aging, and the beauty of humanity, I think.

Would Monopoly money work?
    Wow. Board games. That takes me back.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

Wow. Board games. That takes me back.
    Oh? To your childhood?

13. - Top - End - #343

Oh? To your childhood?
    Sure. This was before I could afford (and subsequently be disappointed by) video games. I remember I had to keep buying them because over time the pieces would disappear and the board would get scuffed and torn.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

Sure. This was before I could afford (and subsequently be disappointed by) video games. I remember I had to keep buying them because over time the pieces would disappear and the board would get scuffed and torn.
    Ah. Yes, that happens. What was your favourite board game?

15. - Top - End - #345

Ah. Yes, that happens. What was your favourite board game?
    I liked Clue a lot, I recall. I remember my friend had a "pink aisle" version of it called Dream Phone that was surprisingly good, too.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

I liked Clue a lot, I recall. I remember my friend had a "pink aisle" version of it called Dream Phone that was surprisingly good, too.
    Ah. I remember trying to play Clue, back when I had no idea how to play it.

17. - Top - End - #347

Ah. I remember trying to play Clue, back when I had no idea how to play it.
    I grasped it pretty quickly.

I mean, I was playing Chess at age eight so Clue was nothing. I was rubbish at Chess, sure, (I still am) but I knew how the pieces moved.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Troll in the Playground

I'm pretty sure 7 year old sheep with his LOTR movie chess set could beat modern me, and I'm on my school's damn team!
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

I grasped it pretty quickly.

I mean, I was playing Chess at age eight so Clue was nothing. I was rubbish at Chess, sure, (I still am) but I knew how the pieces moved.
    Ah! While you were effortlessly winning Clue games, I was wondering what all those little slots and cards were.

20. - Top - End - #350

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    LOTR movie chess set
    You had that too!?

Ah! While you were effortlessly winning Clue games, I was wondering what all those little slots and cards were.
    Oh, knowing the rules and actually being good are two distinctly separate things. I never won any board games.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, knowing the rules and actually being good are two distinctly separate things. I never won any board games.
    Oh, well.

...Wait, never?

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, that's because you're the host, comrade.
    This is unfortunate... I need to get out of hosting that show somehow.

Yeah, this would have been first Clutch album so that doesn't help especially much.
    Drop whatever you're doing and listen to Blast Tyrant, From Beale Street to Oblivion, Clutch, Pure Rock Fury, Elephant Riders, and Robot Hive Exodus, in that order. (or alternately, listen to their stuff in chronological order by release date). That should tell you everything you need to know. If you're short on time, just go for the first three in that list. They're... not easy to describe. As far as the band goes, I'd say heavy, blues-influenced, and slightly odd.

Earth Rocker has a more traditional rock&roll feel to it, so it doesn't necessarily give an accurate depiction of most of the band's earlier work, even if most of that stuff feels represented in the album. I don't know if you'd like 'em or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    Hmm...well I do thank you for the thought, but nothing exactly is "happening" to me in particular. I am just sensitive sometimes to hearing the troubles of others, and a few little stressful things for myself. But I am doing somewhat better now.

Oh that feeling I do know. Kept from doing classwork all week because of the thoughts running through my head...one of which is the need to do schoolwork. Vicious cycle in progress. Possible overload...
    If it bothers you enough to make the sort of mention of it here that you did, I'm comfortable calling the combination of little stresses a bad thing. Glad you're doing better.

*nods* I'm really just lazy and difficult to motivate.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Well, the date should be easy to remember, because I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot. I'm thinking more eaten by angry fursuiters or possibly mauled for keeping an active tally of men wearing kilts and a separate tally for women. So far I'm up to 6 men and 1 women.

I'm currently staying with my empty-nester first-cousins-once-removed, so that's interesting. Always got along with them when I was little b/c my dad and his cousin got along well & the spouse got along well with the gaggle of small children at the event.

Also the line to get in to pre-registration was so long that it wrapped around the hotel and would have looped around itself if they hadn't made the end of the line spiral partially into the hotel's parking area.
    Is that a tally for women in total, or just women wearing kilts?

*shudder* Small children. You never know whether you're supposed to squish them, or if someone would mind if you did that.

You'd think they would have arranged it a little better.
    A few odds and ends.

23. - Top - End - #353

Oh, well.

...Wait, never?
    If I did I don't remember it

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

This is unfortunate... I need to get out of hosting that show somehow.
    Indeed. I'm a co-host, and I hate my job.
    If I did I don't remember it
    Huh. Well, I'm sure you won one, at least!

25. - Top - End - #355

Drop whatever you're doing and listen to Blast Tyrant, From Beale Street to Oblivion, Clutch, Pure Rock Fury, Elephant Riders, and Robot Hive Exodus, in that order. (or alternately, listen to their stuff in chronological order by release date). That should tell you everything you need to know. If you're short on time, just go for the first three in that list. They're... not easy to describe. As far as the band goes, I'd say heavy, blues-influenced, and slightly odd.

Earth Rocker has a more traditional rock&roll feel to it, so it doesn't necessarily give an accurate depiction of most of the band's earlier work, even if most of that stuff feels represented in the album. I don't know if you'd like 'em or not.
    Bleh, this is Nine Inch Nails all over again. Can't I just jump on board with the new one? I hate being obligated to go through a discography trawl. Let me find out, on my own, that Pretty Hate Machine and Blast Tyrant are brilliant.

Huh. Well, I'm sure you won one, at least!
    Maybe. I lost an overwhelming majority of the time, that's for sure.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe. I lost an overwhelming majority of the time, that's for sure.
    Ah. Well, keep playing, and that number will surely change!

27. - Top - End - #357

Ah. Well, keep playing, and that number will surely change!
    I have moved on from board games. Hence the nostalgia

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ettin in the Playground

Bleh, this is Nine Inch Nails all over again. Can't I just jump on board with the new one? I hate being obligated to go through a discography trawl. Let me find out, on my own, that Pretty Hate Machine and Blast Tyrant are brilliant.
    That's the issue with bands that have released a lot of good music... things get compared to the old stuff. I wouldn't recommend picking up and listening to Black Sabbath's new album without being at least reasonably familiar with their first couple of albums either. The only bands that don't really fall into that sort of group are ones that change their style frequently; bands like King Crimson, or Rush, where a lot of the albums stand alone pretty well.
    A few odds and ends.

29. - Top - End - #359

That's the issue with bands that have released a lot of good music... things get compared to the old stuff. I wouldn't recommend picking up and listening to Black Sabbath's new album without being at least reasonably familiar with their first couple of albums either. The only bands that don't really fall into that sort of group are ones that change their style frequently; bands like King Crimson, or Rush, where a lot of the albums stand alone pretty well.
    There's also a monetary issue. I buy my music, see. And, as I'm sure you've noticed in the "What Are You Listening To" thread that I tend to be kind of a "current" guy so I gravitate towards more recent releases.
    Last edited by DJ Yung Crunk; 2013-08-30 at 12:41 AM.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

I have moved on from board games. Hence the nostalgia
    Ah.