New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Dallas-Dakota's Dastardly and Devious Dancing Debate of Random Banter #198

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Full Metal Alchemist is one of the best manga, and it's further proof to me that women should do more Shounen stuff (the mangaka is a women). Also, you should REALLY read the series she's currently doing, Silver Spoon. It's amazing.

...Oof, sounds harsh. Good luck and have fun.
    I simply know that it is very well done work and I would be happy to read anything by her, or at least give it a shot. I shall try to remember when I return home then to look up Silver Spoon, and if I enjoy it I shall recommend it to all my friends. Thank you!

And thanks. I may be making a bigger deal of it than it is, but it still worries me. Maybe we can rebond over some D&D, that could work.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    The Philosopher's stone is soylent green!
    *barely muffled chuckling* Great now you have me imagining that...priceless, just priceless.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

2. - Top - End - #422
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Dallas-Dakota's Dastardly and Devious Dancing Debate of Random Banter #198

The Philosopher's stone is soylent green!
    Depends on what canon you watch. If you watch the first anime, which deviates from the plot of the original material, things get...REALLY damn weird and off the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    I simply know that it is very well done work and I would be happy to read anything by her, or at least give it a shot. I shall try to remember when I return home then to look up Silver Spoon, and if I enjoy it I shall recommend it to all my friends. Thank you!
    Just a warning, Silver Spoon is a comedy about a rich, haughty taught dude being sent to a farm school for a year to learn how to not be an idiot. Hilarity ensues (like, actually ensues, since it's hilarious).

3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground

Depends on what canon you watch. If you watch the first anime, which deviates from the plot of the original material, things get...REALLY damn weird and off the plot.
    I'll admit my memories of the first one are vague, but I thought it was still (relatively) on the rails at that scene =/
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeburn View Post
    I almost forgot............. Good morning everybody!
    Good morning, comrade!
    Feeling much better! I'm done my antibiotics tomorrow, then we can start flushing my ear! The world is gonna sound so weird...
    Hooray!
    Otherwise to everybody, as I believe I maybe said before and know I said above, I am going to see my family in the nearest city. On the plus side, get to watch Kick-Ass 2 and hang out with my mom and little brother. On the down side there is no internet access there unless I find a library nearby, which is somewhat unlikely. So I will not be back here until late Tuesday. Sorry dear friends but that is just how it is to be. ...On the lower down side I just learned last night that my other younger brother moved back in with our mom recently so I will see him. Our last conversation was...unpleasant, and I am still angry at him for saying some other things that greatly upset my grandma. So either wish me luck with a peaceful reconciliation with him, or wish for me to have the strength and restraint to not snap his arm this weekend. *crosses fingers for luck*
    Ah. Enjoy yourself, comrade!

5. - Top - End - #425

I'll admit my memories of the first one are vague, but I thought it was still (relatively) on the rails at that scene =/
    The twist of the anime is
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alchemy feeds off the souls of people from the real world. The alchemy world is a world where alchemy came about instead of technology. World War 2 happened because alchemy demanded so much souls that it compelled WW2 to happen.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Titan in the Playground

The twist of the anime is
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alchemy feeds off the souls of people from the real world. The alchemy world is a world where alchemy came about instead of technology. World War 2 happened because alchemy demanded so much souls that it compelled WW2 to happen.

Spoiler
    Show
    You know the scene I'm asking about is the 'philosopher stone is made of live humans' scene, right?
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

7. - Top - End - #427

Spoiler
    Show
    You know the scene I'm asking about is the 'philosopher stone is made of live humans' scene, right?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes but I'm just giving an example of how messed up the anime is compared to the manga.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

I guess that is cool. Honestly they terrify me. I can't wait until I try flying someday though. Hopefully I can ignore the fear long enough for it to work out.
    Well, I've never really felt any sensation of height when flying, but I absolutely love the feeling of it. I won't say that your fear of heights won't bother you, but I'm hopeful that it won't.

Maybe I can ask him later. We could make it like a case study.
    Hehehe...

I suppose this makes some sense. I like to draw but I get that whole thing where I don't know what to draw...then bleh.
    Yeah, I only really draw when I get a strike of inspiration. I used to draw more when Iron Avatarist was going on, finding every second or third theme interesting enough to do two or three pieces for it, but now then life caught up with me, and then it stopped going. I sometimes participate in theme weeks, but I need both time and inspiration for those...

Heh this sounds like a fascinating game. Glad the bad luck worked on both ends.
    Hehehe, yeah...

We'll have to see next, we still have an estimated (that's how you spell it, past me!) 33-43 bandits left, and we can't expect them to send such small groups again. Given, they'll hardly empty the monastery for us, but still...

Trust me, I wish we could have enough rain over here to look sunken. This heat will probably keep up until November.
    I actually envy your heat, but I think I'd prefer to keep at least a little rain. It'd get a little bit too dry otherwise...

[...] Might get a job at the book store
    Woo! Good luck with that! :3

Otherwise to everybody, as I believe I maybe said before and know I said above, I am going to see my family in the nearest city. On the plus side, get to watch Kick-Ass 2 and hang out with my mom and little brother. On the down side there is no internet access there unless I find a library nearby, which is somewhat unlikely. So I will not be back here until late Tuesday. Sorry dear friends but that is just how it is to be. ...On the lower down side I just learned last night that my other younger brother moved back in with our mom recently so I will see him. Our last conversation was...unpleasant, and I am still angry at him for saying some other things that greatly upset my grandma. So either wish me luck with a peaceful reconciliation with him, or wish for me to have the strength and restraint to not snap his arm this weekend. *crosses fingers for luck*
    Have fun, and good luck with your brother! Hopefully your lack of Internet won't drive you stark raving mad.

ION:
    Had our staring meeting for the steampunk project today. We spent the morning discussing general stuff and too much time reaching the conclusion that we couldn't decide how to start with the painting yet. After lunch, we started with the physical work, with those with metalwork experience starting to take measurments on the front to do some of the front details, and then removing two tremendously heavy jackscrews, while some of the more inexperienced ones started working on drawing up and sawing out the large plywood skirts that will adorn her sides. We got half of one skirt mostly done, which shows some great progress, but we were a bit overstaffed as well.

Personally, I took my job as the work leader to heart by making two decisions and spending most of my time polishing the steam dome to test how easily the paint is removed from the underlying brass. Quite easy, but still not easy enough to just rub off from everywhere. I do think we should be able to do the largest part of it with just a hard plastic scraper, which won't even scratch the underlying metal. We still haven't got a clear from the museum on whether we're actually allowed to remove the colour, but since it's a lot easier to paint than to remove paint, and since the paint job isn't especially well done, I think we should be able to convince him. And a gleaming brass dome would just be fabulous! :3
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

9. - Top - End - #429

Hey. HEY!

You should all put all your money into this: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...o9/mighty-no-9

It looks AMAZING. I want it.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2013-08-31 at 08:25 PM.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

Hey. HEY!

You should all put all your money into this: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...o9/mighty-no-9

It looks AMAZING. I want it.
    Huh. That does sound like a fun game. I hope it reaches its goal! (Unlike the Ubuntu Edge, which did not. Grumble...)

11. - Top - End - #431
    Troll in the Playground

Feeling much better! I'm done my antibiotics tomorrow, then we can start flushing my ear! The world is gonna sound so weird...
    Ahh, getting rid of antibiotics is the best. I hated how some of my friends back in school completely ignored their antibiotics and went out drinking whilst taking them and all that, just not making anything really effective at all... Sigh.

I know what you mean. Couple of years back I flew back to Finland from Scotland in a rather horrible fever, and I also had an ear infection... So, the flying totally blocked my hearing, I got to know how it felt to be totally deaf for 24 hours... After that all sounds were sort of strange, but I got used to it. And finally, when I got my hearing back, the world... it was just so strange! Not that I have the best hearing, but... Good enough to hear the difference.

*hugs*

Halpals...hehe I like this. Well I will try what I can but not sure what I can promise. At the very least I should sleep well this weekend, going down to see family today until Tuesday. I should be able to sleep plenty.
    *pokes with stick* Sleeeeeeep!

Sounds lovely! Get to do much with the family?

ION: I am SO happy I followed the newest Acquisitions Incorporated adventure on the live stream they had on from PAX! Such a brilliant game they pulled out. Heheh. Kool-aid.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

12. - Top - End - #432
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Is it good media?
    YUS.

Because he wants it all! Mwahaha.
    Spoiler
    Show
    But seriously, Greed's death was, for me, the saddest death of the entire series. Mostly because Greed/Ling was my favorite character.

Dude, it's FULL METAL ALCHEMIST.

That's like saying "2001 a Space Odyssey is just a space movie, how good could it be?"

What I mean is that Full Metal Alchemist is one of the BETTER examples of shounen anime and manga. It's REALLY damn good.
    TRUTH. Also, Lan Fan is more metal than you, and Alex Louis Armstrong is more manly than you. ("You," in this case, meaning "everyone ever.")

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    FMA has such an unbearable opening. I can't do the series at all. I know it's really epic by about the time Volume 6 rolls around. But really, no. Cannot do.
    Just watch Brotherhood, like I did! I mean, sure, episode 4 is still going to be pure unadulterated pain, but it's worth it.

ION: Went to the campgrounds with my extended family today. Had a lot of fun, won a game of kubb through no fault of my own, and ate delicious cheesecake!
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2013-08-31 at 09:24 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ettin in the Playground

And some things make sense if you don't think about them at all. (I just really wanted to say something wise sounding.)

Yeah...but I can hope. Still you are likely right...and it will probably be my hardest fear to deal with.

Hmm, yes that does sound like a likely side effect. As for myself, my appetite seems to have returned to normal, though I possibly ate too much ramen noodles today. End of the month, we usually are on the short end of varied consumables. I take some allergy pills (that for some reason help my stomach problems) and they tend to make me tired, that is the only effect otherwise that I notice.

Yes true. Who even came up with this wild formula? I will likely take your advice here. Still wish I had grown up learning Metric as well as Imperial.

Heh how do you know, what happens during those other times then? Is it like falling asleep? Or is it perhaps as blinking and seeing the world change before your eyes?

Kinda sorta am. Still stressed and I think the worries are starting to make me ill. But I have less stress than earlier and I look forward to watching a movie this weekend. So while I may not feel grand, I do feel better, which works well to me.
    Oh well... They can't all be gems.

Hmm... Well, I'm running out of advice for the taking of blood and all I'm left with is this: Don't look at the needle, because then you'll tense your arm and then it will hurt.

Alternatively, it could just be because I have an unusual metabolism, but it is easier to blame my medication. Hmm, we do our shopping weekly... But that is because we used to have a lot of people living here, I think eight, maybe nine, at our most crowded, and one really does need to shop every week in that instance. Still, there's practically nothing in the house come Wednesday.
    It's scarcely the weirdest case of using something for a purpose other than what it's primarily intended for. Morphine can suppress coughing and Nitrin Mustard is sometimes used in the treatment of lymphoma. It does remind me of the case of a doctor who treated Atropine poisoning by administering Calabar, a poisonous substance that causes one's pupils to contract as opposed to how Atropine causes them to dilate.

I have no idea. Likely the individuals who came up with the Celsius scale. Measurement? System?

Well... I also exist the rest of the time, but I am most certain at those times.

That is excellent news. I do hope you continue to feel better.

*shrug* It's never really bothered me, unless someone doesn't have it set cold enough.

*nods* The trees don't really change until mid-late autumn, though... they're all still pretty green here. If you wanted to see both summer and fall, you'd have to make a much longer trip. If you remind me in a month or two, I'll take a picture of the trees in colour.

Well, it's not really an issue now... also, I'm far too stubborn and proud to consider going to a doctor unless it's both obvious to me and rather serious. I'm opposed to accepting treatment for things that my immune system is capable of dealing with on its own.

Aye, it's good to practice softly, but doing so loudly is better, I think. You could always play outside, if you're worried about disturbing your family; I'd frequently go outside to practice at home. (as often I would be playing in the middle of the night, and didn't want to wake anyone up).

If you're looking for guitar music, just pick a few songs you like and look up tabs for 'em. Easiest way to go about it.

The instrument's body is coated in epoxy and other finishes... I couldn't stain it if I wanted to. Most of the stuff's rubbed off, actually.

I would consider that a disadvantage; most new music that I've heard (in the genres that I like) has been excellent.
    I don't know what it is... But I have always found concentrated conditioned air to be headache inducing. And unfortunately, the only room in my house with an air conditioner if my parent's room, which I suspect has an air conditioner much more powerful than it requires.

Really, it would depend on how big a trip I'm willing to take, how many places I want to visit, whether I can procure the necessary funds before I die and whether or not I can be bothered.

Personally, I'm just too lazy to go see a doctor as often as I should, but then, I can't drive. Anyway... Just remember, one's immune system can't do anything about an improperly functioning liver. If your eyes ever go yellowish, I expect you to get down to a medical practitioner as soon as possible.

I could practice outside if I needed to. Though on the other hand, I could just practice during the day instead of late at night. Playing loudly, however, is something that I've never really been particularly good at unfortunately. I'm half convinced there's some kind of trick to it, but it's considerable more likely that I'm not trying hard enough and subconsciously holding myself back for fear of stuffing up.

That would be more practical if I had a printer or blank tablature to copy it down. But now that I think of it, I think there may be a printer running around here somewhere...

Well, of course you can't stain it if you take a defeatist attitude like that. Mildly insane comment aside, that is good to hear.

The primary difficulty with me finding new music I like is that I like so little of the modern genres. Occasionally, I find something that I do like, but its not a common occurrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Define "boring". I'm rather picky with food myself and dislike a lot of common taste enhancers, like cheese or hot spices...

Is your balance significantly worse than the average so that biking will be nigh impossible for you, or do you just don't want to go through the process of learning how to bike with the balance you have? :smallcurious:

Well, I think that under some definition, a fire pit at the middle of a cave could count as central heating as well...
    Boring in this instance is a very complicated definition and mostly involves my not experimenting very much with food at all. Basically, the most exciting thing I do is add allspice to my Milo.

My balance is actually decent, until I'm perched precariously on two wheels. I have never been able to despite numerous attempts when I was younger by other people to teach me. Thus, I have decided that it's not particularly worthwhile when I can walk.

You knew full well what I meant. Anyway... There's no real need to heat a room that isn't in use, and there's definitely no reason to keep one's clothes heated when they aren't in use.

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Bwah, I envy people who know how to play chess. I never understood it, just spent my time admiring different chess boards and all. And failing horribly when I dared to attempt to have a go with the game.

Our lounge has a simple curtain rail, but then the bedrooms have this... Well, I honestly can't describe it, I've never seen an attachment system so odd in my life! Drives me nuts, let me tell you! Also, yeah, get what you mean with the fabric and stuff, muffling out the noise, but... There's so much fabric can do. I have my sincerest doubts over them fixing the issue well enough for my light sleeping self. Then again, maybe it's not the noise that gets me, but the light - I've slept through all sorts of clonks and plonks, but can never do it when it's too bright.

Well, it's very different to spend all day, most of the time clothed in a +25°C environment, compared to a 80-110°C (depends what you like) for an hour or two per week (personal preference, doesn't happen anymore because Scotland sucks, a lot of people probably only spend half an hour in there), stark naked. We have breaks, you have to remember to drink so you don't faint... So on. Sauna's a very sacred and holy thing for us Finns, it's where we wash ourselves, relax, and in the good old days you were born there, and your life would also come to an end there, it's where I've had probably 80% of my life's most important conversations. Probably didn't really answer your question, but honestly, I don't think anyone, not even the best of Finns could. It's our cultural heritage, it's so deep within our roots, so... Yeah.

Call me silly, because I didn't even think about washing the carpet! Sometimes it seems like those rascals emerge from beneath my bed, and well, that's where they probably have their headquarters. Carpet, dark pretty much 24/7... Gah!

A tad grim, there!
    It isn't particularly difficult. If you ever visit Australia, I'll try and show you how it works. Just bear in mind that I'm absolutely terrible at the game and can in no way show you how to win beyond how the pieces move.

Personally, I am amazed at the variety of methods that people have developed to attach curtains. Fortunately, my bedroom has simple curtain rods. Hmm... In that case, the fabric would also block out light...
    Alternatively, you just need to get to use to your current situation. I have always found it hard to sleep in new places.

Clearly, I am just incapable of comprehending the nature of you Finns. But there are many things I don't understand, but I just have to accept them. Still, if you do visit Australia, I shall make sure to show you that the heat really isn't so bad if one merely takes steps to mitigate its effects. Why do you think we have verandas after all?

You shall have to try that and see if it is successful. Best of luck with it though, carpets sound like a pain to clean.

Things would be even more grim if classical composers started coming back to life. I have a subtle feeling that Zombie Liszt would somehow bring about the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    I don't convert temperatures in my head. I figure out each one. What is a good feeling for 10 C? That is the hard step. 20 is an office and 30 is hot but enjoyable and 40 is the local highest summer temperature.

Even if you can't ride the bike you can push it and put the heavy stuff on the rack. It is not an easy cart but it works. People in cars do honk at you if you walk home with a piece of furniture balanced on the bar. Or a roll of carpet fabric. Or a teakettle strapped to the bike rack and hot flask hanging from the handlebar. Or a stack of soda cans up to your neck on the rack. Or when you have to go through a yellow/red at the bottom of a hill because there is no way you can stop in time and stay on the bike.

Egg cartons stuck on the wall do not work.

People also survived without bathing. I like bathing in a heated room. But I do keep the temperature at 62 because I like the reminder that we have a short winter. If I had a cold winter I would heat it more and fight off the colds. Part of what killed so many kids was that they lived in cold houses and had to have high fevers to kill their germs. Fevers do the damage to bodies.

Also it's a way to teach kids about time. Also it's just nice to give a kid a special day and it is easy for a busy parent to remember the birthday.
    Ten degrees celsius? A cool Winter's night in Queensland is about that... I think. I'm not in the habit of looking at a thermometer to ascertain the temperature when I can just put a jumper on and forget.

Or I could just buy a handcart or something. But I probably won't as my need for fresh fruits and vegetables is not considerable.

And they'd look unsightly as well.

Actually, people in the early middle ages used to bathe often enough. But then that whole Plague thing happened.
    That may be the case, but I can see no reason to heat a room that one isn't currently using. But I suppose you Northerners know more about these things than I do because I live in Queensland.

That too. I suppose I do like to find depressing explanations for things from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    I remember reading about third world people sleeping like the sheeted dead and understanding it because I sleep that way all wrapped up and everyone else in class not getting it.
    That reminds me. I have decided that I want to buried in a shroud. I shall lock myself in a tall tower and spend each day weaving it and each night undoing my work the previous day save for that which pleases me most. And when it is done, I will be ready.
    Okay... I won't be doing that. But yes, I want a shroud.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

14. - Top - End - #434
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

...what don't you like about the opening?
    I mean the opening to the series as a whole, not the animated opening sequence. It's just really, terribly slow. It's actually almost unreadable it's so boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

15. - Top - End - #435

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    I mean the opening to the series as a whole, not the animated opening sequence. It's just really, terribly slow. It's actually almost unreadable it's so boring.
    I didn't mean the opening theme either doofus

Oh, it's slow to you? Okay.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

Boring in this instance is a very complicated definition and mostly involves my not experimenting very much with food at all. Basically, the most exciting thing I do is add allspice to my Milo.
    Well, I may not be quite as boring, but your last line just reads like you adding something highly exotic to something even more exotic to me.

My balance is actually decent, until I'm perched precariously on two wheels. I have never been able to despite numerous attempts when I was younger by other people to teach me. Thus, I have decided that it's not particularly worthwhile when I can walk.
    Say, how persistent were those attempts?

But yeah, I find that the primary use is that a bicycle extends your action radius by a factor of four (give or take some) and cuts the travel times by an equal amout...

You knew full well what I meant. Anyway... There's no real need to heat a room that isn't in use, and there's definitely no reason to keep one's clothes heated when they aren't in use.

But yeah, I don't think most people living in flats can expect to have a room which isn't in use...

Ten degrees celsius? A cool Winter's night in Queensland is about that... I think. I'm not in the habit of looking at a thermometer to ascertain the temperature when I can just put a jumper on and forget.
    Sounds like a cold summer night here in Sweden...

ION:
    Dreams are weird. There is a place I've visited in a multitude of dreams throughout the years, and according to them, it's supposedly located downstreams along the river going through the town. This place is recognised by the long rows of man-high concrete pipes on both sides of the river which empty great amounts of water into it, and the fir tree dominated landscape around it with the dirt covered by naught but dead needles and algae-covered branches (a particularly depressing type of landscape). This place even has a name: "Verkstad 99" ("Workshop 99"), and is accessible from an underground tunnel network as well...

I also saw a refrigerator convert into an emergency wheelchair Transformer-style. That was a weird sight...
    Last edited by Teddy; 2013-09-01 at 10:22 AM.

Show

17. - Top - End - #437

ION: A pixie in my Shin Megami Tensei Feng Shui game just rolled three sixs in a row. This, in DND terms, basically means she crit three times. She's a nameless mook that dies in one hit. But, she is the strongest nameless mook.

I accidently posted that in the Folding Home thread because SLEEPY ZODI IS SLEEPY. ALL HAIL THE RESULT CRAB.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello friends.

So my face is almost looking normal again: the swellings and the last of the yellowness of the bruising has all but faded away. But the whites of my eyes are almost entirely hemorrhaged red, and for some reason my right pupil stays hugely dilated even in bright light, so I look a little creepy.

I am feeling emotionally shaky for various reasons and I have come to entreat the good citizens of banter for hugs and fluff once again.

As well, *nibbles Zodalicious*

& Teddiferousness, what is the mood or feeling of your Verkstad 99, when you visit? I find the description of your dreamscape intriguing.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2013-09-01 at 02:31 PM.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ettin in the Playground

Just a quick pop in, because I'm still in the thick of Bachelor Party-ing, but here are the hats I made. I'll give you action shots to the evening at a later time.

Felt, cardboard, hot glue and a little duct tape.

We lost one in our travelers.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    My goodness, I hope they can get it back out! Sounds like a wild party.

(Sweet hats, though)

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ettin in the Playground

People who are wise can sometimes say very wise things.
    Indeed. That's normally why we call them wise.

That doesn't make me any less concerned, you know. That's just making things worse!

Noooooooooooo! Shooosh, the both of you! I don't need to know how to play the game, not at this age at least! Last time someone attempted to teach chess to me they got the board in their face.
    Come on, now; I get an extra hour of sleep on the weekend...

Perhaps, but even if you don't need to, it would be fun to play. I like playing chess with people (from beginners to people that greatly outclass my skill with the game); it's a fun game.

Quote Originally Posted by AllIHaveIsCrunk View Post
    Well I haven't heard it. Probably never will, so... Can't exactly...
    You're approximately four clicks and a bit of typing away from hearing it, so that's entirely on you.

Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    So I just took steps to have my parents both admitted into a skilled nursing facility... Feeling pretty sad about this right now.
    Well, that sucks. Sorry, man. :\

ION: I am SO happy I followed the newest Acquisitions Incorporated adventure on the live stream they had on from PAX! Such a brilliant game they pulled out. Heheh. Kool-aid.
    *rolls on the floor laughing* ...The bit with the dryads...

I don't know what it is... But I have always found concentrated conditioned air to be headache inducing. And unfortunately, the only room in my house with an air conditioner if my parent's room, which I suspect has an air conditioner much more powerful than it requires.

Really, it would depend on how big a trip I'm willing to take, how many places I want to visit, whether I can procure the necessary funds before I die and whether or not I can be bothered.

Personally, I'm just too lazy to go see a doctor as often as I should, but then, I can't drive. Anyway... Just remember, one's immune system can't do anything about an improperly functioning liver. If your eyes ever go yellowish, I expect you to get down to a medical practitioner as soon as possible.
    Well, you shouldn't let it get heavily concentrated... after it's cooled the room to a tolerable level, don't use it until it's too warm again. Most have a setting where it'll do that automatically. (or, have a room like the one I had in my dad's house, where it never got to a tolerable level during the day in the summer).

*nods* Hopefully we can help you out with the "can you be bothered" bit.

No, my eyes are too indecisive to go yellowish. They can't seem to decide between blue and green, and most of the time just end up looking grey.

I could practice outside if I needed to. Though on the other hand, I could just practice during the day instead of late at night. Playing loudly, however, is something that I've never really been particularly good at unfortunately. I'm half convinced there's some kind of trick to it, but it's considerable more likely that I'm not trying hard enough and subconsciously holding myself back for fear of stuffing up.

That would be more practical if I had a printer or blank tablature to copy it down. But now that I think of it, I think there may be a printer running around here somewhere...

Well, of course you can't stain it if you take a defeatist attitude like that. Mildly insane comment aside, that is good to hear.
    *nods* Take stuff that's mostly chords; playing that loudly will feel a bit more natural. Just play like you want someone at X distance away to hear you.

Lined paper works as well, if you want to copy it down. (use the kind with narrower lines; it's far easier to read. Alternately, make extra lines in between the one on paper with wider lines).

It's got enough cuts through the finish (and into the body of the instrument) that if I really wanted to, I probably could.

The primary difficulty with me finding new music I like is that I like so little of the modern genres. Occasionally, I find something that I do like, but its not a common occurrence.

If you tell a few things (artists, songs, etc.) that you like, I can try to find you something similar to them, although I'm not as well-versed in some genres as I am in others. (and as far as the fairly new stuff goes, AllIHaveIsCrunk could probably help you out too, depending on the genre).

That's warmer than it normally gets in the winter here... >.>

ION: A pixie in my Shin Megami Tensei Feng Shui game just rolled three sixs in a row. This, in DND terms, basically means she crit three times. She's a nameless mook that dies in one hit. But, she is the strongest nameless mook.

I accidently posted that in the Folding Home thread because SLEEPY ZODI IS SLEEPY. ALL HAIL THE RESULT CRAB.
    She got a 24, which is pretty impressive given that the pixies average 10.

ALL HAIL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Hello friends.

So my face is almost looking normal again: the swellings and the last of the yellowness of the bruising has all but faded away. But the whites of my eyes are almost entirely hemorrhaged red, and for some reason my right pupil stays hugely dilated even in bright light, so I look a little creepy.

I am feeling emotionally shaky for various reasons and I have come to entreat the good citizens of banter for hugs and fluff once again.
    Hello! *waves at*

Glad you're healing up... sucks that your eyes are still showing damage, though. :\

Feel better, man.

Just a quick pop in, because I'm still in the thick of Bachelor Party-ing, but here are the hats I made. I'll give you action shots to the evening at a later time.

-snip-

Ooooh, fancy.
    A few odds and ends.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Titan in the Playground

Hello friends.

Yay! I'm glad to hear your injuries are healing! Hopefully your emotional wounds should heal as well in due time. In the meantime, I know I speak for many when I say that we're all here for you.

*hugs fluffy Kneenie-bird*

& Teddiferousness, what is the mood or feeling of your Verkstad 99, when you visit? I find the description of your dreamscape intriguing.
    Well, it feels a bit like you were on a pleasant hike when you accidently strolled into a a combination of a fir tree plantation and the backyards of a sewage treatment plant, a place where nature is sculpt to best fit the needs of the human industry, all void of beauty, only man-high concrete pipes with rust-coloured steel grates sticking out from two parallel dirt walls, gushing water into the passing river (which probably was 5-8 metres wide). I don't think the water was especially polluted, though. I wouldn't drink it, but that's true for many of the forest streams around as well...

The underground tunnels were surprisingly enough both bright and clean, though, looking more like the corridors of a lab than the basements of an industry complex. There were rooms for both work (although I can't remember any details about them) and fika pauses along its sides, and doors with steel net reinfoced windows between the different sections. It was in these corridors that I learned this place was called Verkstad 99, and it was here we found the mostly empty soda refrigerator with the emergency wheelchair feature (one of the persons in the tunnel had lost his wheelchair and needed help getting out, so we followed the emergency wheelchair signs to find the refrigerator). Surprisingly enough, it looked very much like a tall leather armchair when (mostly) done, except it lacked proper leather armrests, and I don't think I ever got to see the wheels fold out before the dream ended...

*haaaaaats*

Wow! So cool! If you were anywhere remotely close to me, I'd totally beg you to make me one as well. Alas, that is not the case, so I suppose I'll have to settle for envious looks...

Show

23. - Top - End - #443

As well, *nibbles Zodalicious*
    I'm delicious : D

I approve of those hats.

She got a 24, which is pretty impressive given that the pixies average 10.

ALL HAIL!
    True, true.

I am glad that has become a thing.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

Blargh. Having to go through last year's Chemistry notes in preparation for AP Chem this year, which will have a first-class full-period test of last year's stuff.

"fine, fine, quick reskim, fine...

...Organic Chemistry"

Gah.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2013-09-01 at 03:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #445
    Troll in the Playground

Personally, I am amazed at the variety of methods that people have developed to attach curtains. Fortunately, my bedroom has simple curtain rods. Hmm... In that case, the fabric would also block out light...
    Alternatively, you just need to get to use to your current situation. I have always found it hard to sleep in new places.

Clearly, I am just incapable of comprehending the nature of you Finns. But there are many things I don't understand, but I just have to accept them. Still, if you do visit Australia, I shall make sure to show you that the heat really isn't so bad if one merely takes steps to mitigate its effects. Why do you think we have verandas after all?
    I think the only comfort is that mornings are getting darker and darker as we speak... Sigh, it's September already... Still three weeks until lectures start, though. Would rather already get started with that stuff, though!

Indeed, and I understand very little of you silly folk there down under. I do not see myself visiting Australia, as it's New Zealand that has utterly stolen my heart. You have to get yourself to Scotland!

Hello friends.

O, my precious featherling! I salute you with the purest greetings!

*assembles hair in a more comfortable position*
    There, there, my dearie Kneebs, let's get you in your fair, blonde nest...
    *places in hair*

Get better, budgieling.

Come on, now; I get an extra hour of sleep on the weekend...

Perhaps, but even if you don't need to, it would be fun to play. I like playing chess with people (from beginners to people that greatly outclass my skill with the game); it's a fun game.

*rolls on the floor laughing* ...The bit with the dryads...
    That barely fixes anything, you know...

Son, are you sure you don't have a death wish? Because it's either that or you're a masochist. Just. No. Playing chess with me is like inviting yourself to a fight.

Hehehehe. That and the kool-aid gnomes are my favourite bits, I'd think. Although, there are just far too many things to choose from! Well, those lie in the funniest section, then. But there were a lot of other very cool things that don't really fall in the category of funny.

ION: It's September. What happened?! Where's all the time I was supposed to spend doing awesome stuff?!!
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

26. - Top - End - #446

ION: It's September. What happened?! Where's all the time I was supposed to spend doing awesome stuff?!!
    It went away while you did other awesome stuff.

Anyway, guys, wake me in like, 30ish days. Okay?

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Blargh. Having to go through last year's Chemistry notes in preparation for AP Chem this year, which will have a first-class full-period test of last year's stuff.

"fine, fine, quick reskim, fine...

...Organic Chemistry"

Gah.
    Nah, organic chemistry was fine when I learned it. Everything is so organised and clear that you only need to learn the system to get everything right.

Now, guess if my mind was thrown off the tracks when we after a few weeks of organic chemistry moved on to the chapter on the chemistry of the metabolism, where everything was simplified and shortened. Learning that a single F in a weird half-acronym actually stood for a lesser sentence in and on itself wasn't really a satisfying experience...

Anyway, guys, wake me in like, 30ish days. Okay?
    You're going into hibernation? :3

Show

28. - Top - End - #448

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    You're going into hibernation? :3
    Song reference, Teddy

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

Song reference, Teddy
    Ahh, now I get it! May be because my days are turning grey and yellow, throws me off the track...

Show

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ettin in the Playground

Shouldn't that be 60 days?
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.