New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Dallas-Dakota's Dastardly and Devious Dancing Debate of Random Banter #198

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Hello friends.

So my face is almost looking normal again: the swellings and the last of the yellowness of the bruising has all but faded away. But the whites of my eyes are almost entirely hemorrhaged red, and for some reason my right pupil stays hugely dilated even in bright light, so I look a little creepy.

I am feeling emotionally shaky for various reasons and I have come to entreat the good citizens of banter for hugs and fluff once again.

As well, *nibbles Zodalicious*

& Teddiferousness, what is the mood or feeling of your Verkstad 99, when you visit? I find the description of your dreamscape intriguing.
    Hi Knee!

I can only echo what Teddy has said, and I cant say it anywhere near as well as the Pulchrus Teddicus, but you know... Yeah. What teddy said, but me saying it just as well!
    Ohh, redness of eyes. I know these, and I celebrate that yours will fade in time. Dialated eye sounds weird and interesting.

*snuggle of sheepiness*. There. Anything else you want?
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dallas-Dakota's Dastardly and Devious Dancing Debate of Random Banter #198

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I am glad that has become a thing.
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Blargh. Having to go through last year's Chemistry notes in preparation for AP Chem this year, which will have a first-class full-period test of last year's stuff.

"fine, fine, quick reskim, fine...

...Organic Chemistry"

Gah.
    ...I liked Organic Chem in high school... >.>

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    That barely fixes anything, you know...

Son, are you sure you don't have a death wish? Because it's either that or you're a masochist. Just. No. Playing chess with me is like inviting yourself to a fight.

Hehehehe. That and the kool-aid gnomes are my favourite bits, I'd think. Although, there are just far too many things to choose from! Well, those lie in the funniest section, then. But there were a lot of other very cool things that don't really fall in the category of funny.

ION: It's September. What happened?! Where's all the time I was supposed to spend doing awesome stuff?!!

But...but...fine, I'll just bring something to block with.

Indeed.

Your classes haven't started yet; you've still got time.

Anyway, guys, wake me in like, 30ish days. Okay?
    You'll not tempt me to listen to any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Shouldn't that be 60 days?
    Which reminds me of a different song reference that possibly six people in total on the boards would even have heard...
    ELEVEN DAYS!
    A few odds and ends.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello friends.

So my face is almost looking normal again: the swellings and the last of the yellowness of the bruising has all but faded away. But the whites of my eyes are almost entirely hemorrhaged red, and for some reason my right pupil stays hugely dilated even in bright light, so I look a little creepy.

I am feeling emotionally shaky for various reasons and I have come to entreat the good citizens of banter for hugs and fluff once again.
    If that date of yours broke your heart, want me to go murder 'im?

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Hello! *waves at*

Glad you're healing up... sucks that your eyes are still showing damage, though. :\

Feel better, man.
    Amadou! I cannot get tangled up in your hair, because I have devoted myself to nesting in Finnion only. However I can sit on your shoulder and tweet along to your guitar.

Thank you kindly. I am feeling better now. It has been a huge comfort to pop in to this forum when I can and say hello to friends. It feels so safe and happy here.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Yay! I'm glad to hear your injuries are healing! Hopefully your emotional wounds should heal as well in due time. In the meantime, I know I speak for many when I say that we're all here for you.

*hugs fluffy Kneenie-bird*
    *hugs fluffy Teddybear* Thank you, too, kindly, Teddifer. My emotional wounds need only time.

Well, it feels a bit like you were on a pleasant hike when you accidently strolled into a a combination of a fir tree plantation and the backyards of a sewage treatment plant, a place where nature is sculpt to best fit the needs of the human industry, all void of beauty, only man-high concrete pipes with rust-coloured steel grates sticking out from two parallel dirt walls, gushing water into the passing river (which probably was 5-8 metres wide). I don't think the water was especially polluted, though. I wouldn't drink it, but that's true for many of the forest streams around as well...

The underground tunnels were surprisingly enough both bright and clean, though, looking more like the corridors of a lab than the basements of an industry complex. There were rooms for both work (although I can't remember any details about them) and fika pauses along its sides, and doors with steel net reinfoced windows between the different sections. It was in these corridors that I learned this place was called Verkstad 99, and it was here we found the mostly empty soda refrigerator with the emergency wheelchair feature (one of the persons in the tunnel had lost his wheelchair and needed help getting out, so we followed the emergency wheelchair signs to find the refrigerator). Surprisingly enough, it looked very much like a tall leather armchair when (mostly) done, except it lacked proper leather armrests, and I don't think I ever got to see the wheels fold out before the dream ended...
    Thank you for sharing about your dream world, Teddy. It is intriguing to me how vivid it is to you -- partly -- and also because it is very curious and interesting in its details. I wish you could channel all those details and its mood, somehow, into a drawing.

O, my precious featherling! I salute you with the purest greetings!

*assembles hair in a more comfortable position*
    There, there, my dearie Kneebs, let's get you in your fair, blonde nest...
    *places in hair*

Get better, budgieling.
    Hello Friend of Budgiekind known as Finnfinn! I honour you with the dance of my people. *fluffs out crest, bobs head rapidly, and waddles about* I am feeling a lot better this evening than I was earlier today, that's for sure.

*tangles up a nest on top of Finnion's head and fluffs out fully, preening the hairs*

ION: It's September. What happened?! Where's all the time I was supposed to spend doing awesome stuff?!!
    I know, right?!?! I too feel the days shortening gradually with the faintest sibilant promise of the dark madness of winter yawning away down the line...

Scotland is on far higher latitude than my suffocatingly wintry city. How short do the days get?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Hi Knee!

I can only echo what Teddy has said, and I cant say it anywhere near as well as the Pulchrus Teddicus, but you know... Yeah. What teddy said, but me saying it just as well!
    Ohh, redness of eyes. I know these, and I celebrate that yours will fade in time. Dialated eye sounds weird and interesting.

*snuggle of sheepiness*. There. Anything else you want?
    Ovis! *flappityflappityflappity perch*

Thank you, too, kindly, and please do not take my correction amiss that the masculine form is Pulcher not Pulchrus. Do you happen to remember what the redness of eyes is called, in medical jargon? I'm sure the word hemorrhage is in there in some form or another.

I'll try to take a picture of my freaky eyes before they clear up too much. It's kind of cool.

*sheepysnuggle of budgieness* You could pour me one of your hard lemonades, my dear fellow -- we'll just pretend I'm not on strong antibiotics for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Oh, chivalrous and gallant Mynxalot, no that's not it! Well, he nearly broke certain other parts of me on Friday, but my heart was safe and sound.

Nay, my anxieties are, alas, about returning to normal life and going back to work and my classes starting up this week. Everything is about to get nuts and I am still wounded inside and out. ;___;

5. - Top - End - #455
    Troll in the Playground

Amadou! I cannot get tangled up in your hair, because I have devoted myself to nesting in Finnion only. However I can sit on your shoulder and tweet along to your guitar.

Thank you kindly. I am feeling better now. It has been a huge comfort to pop in to this forum when I can and say hello to friends. It feels so safe and happy here.
    Tweeting to Clutch sounds... Interesting.

Happy? SAFE? MoonCat must not spend much time with you then.

Hello Friend of Budgiekind known as Finnfinn! I honour you with the dance of my people. *fluffs out crest, bobs head rapidly, and waddles about* I am feeling a lot better this evening than I was earlier today, that's for sure.

I know, right?!?! I too feel the days shortening gradually with the faintest sibilant promise of the dark madness of winter yawning away down the line...

Scotland is on far higher latitude than my suffocatingly wintry city. How short do the days get?
    *giggles at the proud dance of the pengui budgie*

Its getting dark before 8 now!

Eek! SHEEP IN SCOTLAND RUUUUUUUN. *gets on a boat to go live with the penguins*

Ovis! *flappityflappityflappity perch*

Thank you, too, kindly, and please do not take my correction amiss that the masculine form is Pulcher not Pulchrus. Do you happen to remember what the redness of eyes is called, in medical jargon? I'm sure the word hemorrhage is in there in some form or another.

I'll try to take a picture of my freaky eyes before they clear up too much. It's kind of cool.

*sheepysnuggle of budgieness* You could pour me one of your hard lemonades, my dear fellow -- we'll just pretend I'm not on strong antibiotics for now.
    *resignatory baaah, tries not to disturb the budgie perched on head*

I knew it! It just felt weird to use the base. >_>. Stupid Spanish and a summer of not doing latin took half my already indecent vocabulary and decimated it. xD.
    I know it not. Redness? Caused by a multitude of things, from random stupid-eye-being dumb to soap getting in there, other things getting in there... *list of vivid insults*-guys being mean to budgies...

Kinda cool? MAH EYE IS A MASS OF ARTERIES, THE BLOOD FLOWS FLOWS FLOWS. :largecreepychant: It can be veryvcool/interesting, but disturbingness is inherent.

*gives budgie enough alcohol to make a sheep slightly tipsy. So probably it will go completely unnoticed by the budgie lord*

Oh, chivalrous and gallant Mynxalot, no that's not it! Well, he nearly broke certain other parts of me on Friday, but my heart was safe and sound.

Nay, my anxieties are, alas, about returning to normal life and going back to work and my classes starting up this week. Everything is about to get nuts and I am still wounded inside and out. ;___;
    NOOO KNEEEE!
    ...*comprehends meaning*

I wish I could do more to help than be silly. Silliness is not even a dressing for a wound! Its more... Preliminary dab of miniscule amount of cleansing material? Simile, make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    I echo this sentiment, but as it is not the case, things other than murdering him should be done. Fine wine drinking seems a commom knee pasttime. Boooooze. And then starcraaaaft.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2013-09-01 at 09:09 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Bugbear in the Playground

You're approximately four clicks and a bit of typing away from hearing it, so that's entirely on you.
    It's not the effort I object to.

It's the band.

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

7. - Top - End - #457
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Happy? SAFE? MoonCat must not spend much time with you then.
    <eviscerates>

ION: Hi guys! I don't want schoool to staaart.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    <eviscerates>

School started last week for me.

Good news: I only have to go into 3 classes in the week over the span of two days!

Bad news: I also have 4 online classes ._.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

Dreams are weird. There is a place I've visited in a multitude of dreams throughout the years, and according to them, it's supposedly located downstreams along the river going through the town. This place is recognised by the long rows of man-high concrete pipes on both sides of the river which empty great amounts of water into it, and the fir tree dominated landscape around it with the dirt covered by naught but dead needles and algae-covered branches (a particularly depressing type of landscape). This place even has a name: "Verkstad 99" ("Workshop 99"), and is accessible from an underground tunnel network as well...

I also saw a refrigerator convert into an emergency wheelchair Transformer-style. That was a weird sight...
    Oh, quite neat!
    ION: A pixie in my Shin Megami Tensei Feng Shui game just rolled three sixs in a row. This, in DND terms, basically means she crit three times. She's a nameless mook that dies in one hit. But, she is the strongest nameless mook.

I accidently posted that in the Folding Home thread because SLEEPY ZODI IS SLEEPY. ALL HAIL THE RESULT CRAB.
    All hail Result Crab!
    Hello friends.

Indeed. *Fluffy Hugs.*
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Just a quick pop in, because I'm still in the thick of Bachelor Party-ing, but here are the hats I made. I'll give you action shots to the evening at a later time.

Felt, cardboard, hot glue and a little duct tape.

We lost one in our travelers.
    Neat!
    Alright.
    Hm? Why not?

10. - Top - End - #460
    Colossus in the Playground

Shouldn't that be 60 days?
    In what world does September have 60 days?

<eviscerates>

Good luck with your school stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    All hail Result Crab!
    For the record, Result Crab is this guy: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5...evfeo1_500.jpg

11. - Top - End - #461
    Titan in the Playground

I think Creation has an extra hour on each day, a full 4 weeks with 7 days each each month, so... no, not even there =/

Extended Sig

12. - Top - End - #462

I don't want school to start, because my summer has been insanely busy and I haven't gotten to relax yet. And because some of the busy will overlap with the beginning of school, so I cannot handle getting any more of my time taken by suddenly getting more than seven hours of my day leeched off to something like school.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

For the record, Result Crab is this guy: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5...evfeo1_500.jpg
    Oh, freaky...!
    I don't want school to start, because my summer has been insanely busy and I haven't gotten to relax yet. And because some of the busy will overlap with the beginning of school, so I cannot handle getting any more of my time taken by suddenly getting more than seven hours of my day leeched off to something like school.
    Ah, I see. Mm.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground

It went away while you did other awesome stuff.

Well, I did go to Skye, but apart from that not much was done!

I'm not getting the reference...

...I liked Organic Chem in high school... >.>

But...but...fine, I'll just bring something to block with.

Your classes haven't started yet; you've still got time.
    Honestly, you are one of the two people that I know that actually liked that stuff. Bunch of weirdos, you are.

That does not help with my fury at all...

But but but, there's so much to do before class. Well. Sort of. Not yet but soon! Then again I'm utterly bored right now with nothing to do, so I would be thrilled if I had uni work to occupy myself with at the moment. Oh, the frustration of life!

*tangles up a nest on top of Finnion's head and fluffs out fully, preening the hairs*

Oh, what a lovely wee dance! I hope all that head bobbing is now ok and doesn't make you feel any worse. I would hate it if you started to feel iffy because of me. And I am glad to hear you are better!

*giggles* Oh, Kneenalin, I've missed you up there.

Well, they get somewhat short, but then again they don't feel that short at all as back in Finland the days were even shorter, heh. Last winter was super dark especially as we didn't really get any snow - at least in Finland it doesn't always feel that dark as the vast amounts of snow brought light.

Error. Error.

System disrupted.

Thinking overload.

Shutting brain down.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

15. - Top - End - #465

Well, I did go to Skye, but apart from that not much was done!

I'm not getting the reference...
    Well, the loss of time also sneaks up on you always. Memento Mori and all that stuff.

There is a song called "Wake Me When September Ends"

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I may not be quite as boring, but your last line just reads like you adding something highly exotic to something even more exotic to me.

Say, how persistent were those attempts?

But yeah, I find that the primary use is that a bicycle extends your action radius by a factor of four (give or take some) and cuts the travel times by an equal amout...

But yeah, I don't think most people living in flats can expect to have a room which isn't in use...

Sounds like a cold summer night here in Sweden...

ION:
    Dreams are weird. There is a place I've visited in a multitude of dreams throughout the years, and according to them, it's supposedly located downstreams along the river going through the town. This place is recognised by the long rows of man-high concrete pipes on both sides of the river which empty great amounts of water into it, and the fir tree dominated landscape around it with the dirt covered by naught but dead needles and algae-covered branches (a particularly depressing type of landscape). This place even has a name: "Verkstad 99" ("Workshop 99"), and is accessible from an underground tunnel network as well...
    Hardly. Allspice is merely sweet, not spicy, and I'm surprised you find it exotic. As for Milo, that's just a brand of delicious chocolate and malt powder used to make delicious beverages, both for Summer and Winter due to its versatility. I'm sure you have similar things in Sweden.

Persistent enough that I remember falling off more times than I care for. The worst part is that people still bring up the topic from time to time over ten years after I had thought the matter closed.

As for that, I am fortunate to live near to a train station and am in walking distance of more than enough shops.

I will concede that point.

As mentioned, I'm not in the habit of looking at a thermometer when I can put jumpers on. Sometimes it does get colder though.

Clearly, it is a secret government research facility. Alternatively, an excellent idea for a setting for a story. Hmm... It does set the imagination afire...

Hello friends.

It is indeed good to hear that your recovery was without incident thus far. I do hope that the unusual circumstances concerning your eyes are only temporary. They do not interfere with your vision in anyway do they? That could be quite worrying if it were the case.
    In the meantime, I suggest using this as the perfect opportunity to wear an eye patch. After all, you don't want light to damage your vision while your pupil remains strangely dilated.

As for now, I shall lay out fresh fruits and honey on a plate of fine china, and together we shall discuss shoes and ships and sealing wax while we watch the wild birds fly past.

Well, you shouldn't let it get heavily concentrated... after it's cooled the room to a tolerable level, don't use it until it's too warm again. Most have a setting where it'll do that automatically. (or, have a room like the one I had in my dad's house, where it never got to a tolerable level during the day in the summer).

*nods* Hopefully we can help you out with the "can you be bothered" bit.

No, my eyes are too indecisive to go yellowish. They can't seem to decide between blue and green, and most of the time just end up looking grey.

*nods* Take stuff that's mostly chords; playing that loudly will feel a bit more natural. Just play like you want someone at X distance away to hear you.

Lined paper works as well, if you want to copy it down. (use the kind with narrower lines; it's far easier to read. Alternately, make extra lines in between the one on paper with wider lines).

It's got enough cuts through the finish (and into the body of the instrument) that if I really wanted to, I probably could.

If you tell a few things (artists, songs, etc.) that you like, I can try to find you something similar to them, although I'm not as well-versed in some genres as I am in others. (and as far as the fairly new stuff goes, AllIHaveIsCrunk could probably help you out too, depending on the genre).

That's warmer than it normally gets in the winter here... >.>
    Well, I wouldn't, but it's not my air conditioner and it's not in my room.

Indeed. Actually knowing people in America does make visiting it seem like a much more worthwhile endeavour than my original plans of looking at scenery and buildings before going home. I mean, this way, I have people whose hospitality I can politely impose upon.

Hmm... Obviously, what you need to do is ask an ophthalmologist for his or her professional opinion. After all, they have the equipment to take a really close and detailed look.

Blargh... Chords... I feel like a charlatan because I still can't play the F chord without it sounding like my guitar is broken.

Admittedly, I do believe that I have blank sheet music running around in a suitable quantity. If it merely uses five strings, then I am golden. On the other hand, I just copy down music in standard notation and work from there.

That's the spirit! Okay... I really don't know what I'm going on about here...

Eh... I have niche interests that are difficult to satisfy. That, and they fluctuate more than the tuning of a piccolo. For example, I've been listening to harp constantly for the past week.

You do have snow after all. My entire state is snow free save for Stanthorpe and a couple other places down there, and they don't get much snow at all. I can't even recall the last time it snowed in Toowoomba, and that's up in the mountains.

I think the only comfort is that mornings are getting darker and darker as we speak... Sigh, it's September already... Still three weeks until lectures start, though. Would rather already get started with that stuff, though!

Indeed, and I understand very little of you silly folk there down under. I do not see myself visiting Australia, as it's New Zealand that has utterly stolen my heart. You have to get yourself to Scotland!
    I suppose that's convenient. Personally, the moving of Sun has little impact on my sleep from season to season as I sleep with my curtains drawn.
    And you're right! It is September already! Best of luck with your classes and things while I try and catch up with all the things I wanted to actually get around to this year...

Well, that's hardly fair at all. I see no particular reason to visit your country of residence if you don't want to visit my country of residence. However, I will likely be exceedingly boring and ignore that fact when I decide to step foot on the island of Great Britain.
    *grumble, grumble* New Zealand isn't special... They're just our ever more boring neighbour with a funny accent...

When I have constructed my weather control device, I shall cross the Pacific by horse drawn sled, trailing snow and apocalyptic ice in my wake. Okay, the sounded more awesome in my head...
    But still, we're here for you if you ever need us to search the Internet for the most adorable pictures ever captured by human imagination. It's not much, but I can't draw rapidly to save myself from the ghosts of millions of long dead dinosaurs.
    My metaphors and descriptive speech has diminished since I began this post several hours ago... Time is my eternal enemy, but I would ignore numerous opportunities to eviscerate it for fun and material gain at the risk of the consequences making things more difficult for you.

Whatever one we want. Months are approximately equal to the length of the lunar orbit around the Earth, so it stands to reason that other planets would have months of varying lengths. Thus, we need only find a planet with a moon that takes about sixty days to orbit it and develop a calendar for it where one of the months is named September, preferable the seventh.

Honestly, you are one of the two people that I know that actually liked that stuff. Bunch of weirdos, you are.
    Actually... To tell the truth, I also enjoyed it. Were I not such a dismal failure at the academic life, I would have quite enjoyed working as a chemical engineer.
    Particularly the part where we were allowed to make models. But alas, I never had the opportunity to assemble a morphine molecule... With my luck, I'd have probably made the chiral form of it somehow...

Anyway... Latest Draw Your Friends has just begun, and I have no idea what to draw for the person I'm drawing for... Could a more inconvenient theme have been chosen? Most definitely. I should just be glad it's one I know enough about to pretend I know a lot.
    Damn... Now that I've begun to idly think about it, I do want to draw an awesome and unrelated picture relating to mad science and the Pacific Ocean... Does anyone here know how much land a horse draw sled can cover in a day across ice and snow?

Insane art things aside... I think I should get an inch or two off my hair to make it neater. That and shave.
    Alternatively, I could just go into seclusion in the wilderness to escape from the responsibilities of my life. Admittedly, ceiling cleaning isn't the worst thing I've ever had to do, but with everything else, I suppose a life as a hermit would be preferable to the current meaningless of my existence as a miserable failure in all I've been directed towards.
    This has taken a very depressing turn apparently... Sometimes I just wish I knew what people really wanted from me. And then I wish they would stop treating me like a person to be told what to do. Finally, I wish I wasn't so useless...

And the election is on Saturday so everything on television will be full of political ads.

Well, the loss of time also sneaks up on you always. Memento Mori and all that stuff.
    Now I don't know whether to laugh, scold or cry. I have half a mind to attempt all three simultaneously. But the other half of my mind is divided between feeling too listless to do anything and curling up in bed and hoping the world vanishes so I can slowly die in peace. By all that is righteous, holy and good, that phrase just fills me a feeling of apocalyptic dread right now.
    But don't worry, I'm not angry at you. Had I actually finished this post before sunset like I had planned, you wouldn't have posted in the middle of my suddenly depressing monologue.

Anyway... I don't want all you people to worry about me. I'll be alright in the morning. Unfortunately, the ceilings won't be clean by then.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

17. - Top - End - #467

Now I don't know whether to laugh, scold or cry. I have half a mind to attempt all three simultaneously. But the other half of my mind is divided between feeling too listless to do anything and curling up in bed and hoping the world vanishes so I can slowly die in peace. By all that is righteous, holy and good, that phrase just fills me a feeling of apocalyptic dread right now.
    But don't worry, I'm not angry at you. Had I actually finished this post before sunset like I had planned, you wouldn't have posted in the middle of my suddenly depressing monologue.

Anyway... I don't want all you people to worry about me. I'll be alright in the morning. Unfortunately, the ceilings won't be clean by then.
    ...yeesh. Um...

I come bearing gifts of beetle mechs!

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ettin in the Playground

I can't articulate how humorous I found that, but I am already starting to feel much better. Thank you very kindly LaZodiac. I apologise if I sounded short with you earlier.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

19. - Top - End - #469

I can't articulate how humorous I found that, but I am already starting to feel much better. Thank you very kindly LaZodiac. I apologise if I sounded short with you earlier.
    Naw, I knew you weren't being short, I was just worried in general. Glad you found the mecha beetle awesome though

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ettin in the Playground

Naw, I knew you weren't being short, I was just worried in general. Glad you found the mecha beetle awesome though
    That is good. I do always worry that I upset people unintentionally.
    As for the beetle mechs, truly a more awesome thing has never been constructed by a person in their spare time, with the possible exception of those models that people have inside bottles. And now I want to build a giant robot beetle and put it inside a giant glass bottle for reasons I cannot properly comprehend.

Anyway... I should get to bed as it is after midnight. Thanks again LaZodiac, and goodnight to all!

Dragons!

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ettin in the Playground

*googles more thoroughly*

:smallfacepalm:
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Troll in the Playground

just popping in to share this lovely gem
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    just popping in to share this lovely gem
    Not connecting =/

Extended Sig

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ettin in the Playground

Why is the act of being indecisive called "waffling?" Wouldn't "pancaking" make more sense, seeing as pancakes are floppier?

And shouldn't squashed things be called "flat as a crepe?"
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Not connecting =/
    damn, it was just a while ago... maybe too many requests dropped the server?
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

26. - Top - End - #476

Why is the act of being indecisive called "waffling?" Wouldn't "pancaking" make more sense, seeing as pancakes are floppier?

Waffles have to be constantly flipped over and over to ensure the waffling on them (the design on em) stays consistent. Waffles need to be flipped like, twice.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

Um... I usually just flip waffles once. Maybe if you're not using a press-ish thing to cook them?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #478

Waffling isn't being indecisive. Waffling is talking continuously to no real purpose or point.

And crepes=pancakes.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

29. - Top - End - #479

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Um... I usually just flip waffles once. Maybe if you're not using a press-ish thing to cook them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Waffling isn't being indecisive. Waffling is talking continuously to no real purpose or point.

And crepes=pancakes.
    ...oh, right, to the both of you >_>

30. - Top - End - #480
    Titan in the Playground

A pity about the ceiling, but I am glad you are mentally healthy.