New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dallas-Dakota's Dastardly and Devious Dancing Debate of Random Banter #198

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    *hugs fluffy Teddybear* Thank you, too, kindly, Teddifer. My emotional wounds need only time.
    Then we'll give them time. Just don't try to heal something by sealing it off, will you...?

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Thank you for sharing about your dream world, Teddy. It is intriguing to me how vivid it is to you -- partly -- and also because it is very curious and interesting in its details. I wish you could channel all those details and its mood, somehow, into a drawing.
    Well, it's not always this vivid or interesting, but I don't normally tell of the uninteresting ones. As for drawing, I don't possess the correct techniques for drawing these landscapes. For one, they should probably be painted (or similarly but in digital form), not drawn...

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    ION: Hi guys! I don't want schoool to staaart.
    I don't want time to march on at all, yet it does. I wish you luck in your educational endeavours, though! :3

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Hardly. Allspice is merely sweet, not spicy, and I'm surprised you find it exotic. As for Milo, that's just a brand of delicious chocolate and malt powder used to make delicious beverages, both for Summer and Winter due to its versatility. I'm sure you have similar things in Sweden.
    Well, I'll tell you something with an unknown name and you'll probably find it exotic-sounding as well. I mean, take "örtsalt", for example. What is your immediate reaction to that name?

Persistent enough that I remember falling off more times than I care for. The worst part is that people still bring up the topic from time to time over ten years after I had thought the matter closed.
    *shrug* Fair enough...

As mentioned, I'm not in the habit of looking at a thermometer when I can put jumpers on. Sometimes it does get colder though.
    If I feel like putting on something warm, that's probably just making it more likely for me to look at the thermometer...

Clearly, it is a secret government research facility. Alternatively, an excellent idea for a setting for a story. Hmm... It does set the imagination afire...
    Hmm, no, I doubt that. There would be anything more than just pipes if it actually did something interesting. The purpose of the tunnels is a bit of an enigma to me, but I assume they house control rooms and labs for water quality tests...

Anyway... I don't want all you people to worry about me. I'll be alright in the morning. Unfortunately, the ceilings won't be clean by then.
    Honestly, the words "I'll be alright in [sometime]" have kinda stopped working for calming me down. They only really make me worry about the person falling back again...

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Heh, it looks like it's built out of Lego. :3
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

2. - Top - End - #482
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Dallas-Dakota's Dastardly and Devious Dancing Debate of Random Banter #198

I don't really have anything to say for once, this is a rarity for me. Online at any rate. In real life, I barely have anything to say, especially to my family because they have this way of guilt slinging that makes my throat swell shut, my stomach ache and blaming me for anything.
    And this is me in a good mood at the moment.
    In short, I need something to interest me here, because that's about the only thing that'll make me happy any more. Because I have no life. Because the only worth anything has to anyone is how it relates to themselves.
    It's even a theory; I forget the name at the moment, but I call it the Selfish Theory.
    I am selfish, and a bit of a narcissist; I am in desperate need of amiable company after a month (particularly the last week) of Hell.

Fawn over me, discuss things things that I like and do what I say. I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your [god]. [/arrogant demands and quotations]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Fawn over me, discuss things things that I like and do what I say. I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your [god]. [/arrogant demands and quotations]
    Uh... You are so hot and I am so wasted?

I'm not good at fawning. Can I be the debater you never lose to instead?
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #484
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Am I doing it right?

In all seriousness, I hope what appears to be a pretty bad bout of depression clears up for you. And don't worry about it, what you're doing is a normal, sensible thing. How we define ourselves is determined by those around us and our interactions. If we had no one to base ourselves on we'd be nothing. So in a way it's a good thing, I guess?
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2013-09-02 at 06:45 PM.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Titan in the Playground

I don't really have anything to say for once, this is a rarity for me. Online at any rate. In real life, I barely have anything to say, especially to my family because they have this way of guilt slinging that makes my throat swell shut, my stomach ache and blaming me for anything.
    In short, I need something to interest me here, because that's about the only thing that'll make me happy any more. Because I have no life. Because the only worth anything has to anyone is how it relates to themselves.
    It's even a theory; I forget the name at the moment, but I call it the Selfish Theory.
    I am selfish, and a bit of a narcissist; I am in desperate need of amiable company after a month (particularly the last week) of Hell.

My condolences, comrade; I am sorry you and your family do not relate well.

Hm.

"Oh, CurlyKitGirl... Your knowledge of squid bones - which are not called "squid bones" - cause me to swoon. Oh, your knowledge of European history is amazing. Your honesty rivals even that of Enderlord99, who is honest to the core."
    Last edited by TaiLiu; 2013-09-02 at 06:50 PM.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Troll in the Playground

I thought of this really silly sentence about how "Since you do deserve to be fawned over, I will oblige your request", but I forgot the silly language I used there. But you do deserve fawning, and so fawning you shall have. *fawns over, praise of writing skills and thoughts that more than half the time are too big for me to fully grasp*

Curly, you're a goddess of wordageness! You can't be arrogant!

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post

Oh, yes. What Halftanned said. EXACTLY what Halftan said.

Awww. What else could a sheep do, if not fawn or be a pillow to yell into?

Waits for Teddy to post the Sheepyeti Fauntoss picture... :amusement:

Edit: Selfish Theory:Curly, wanting praise is *inconsistant comparison to various Illiad passages, use of Roman name for Greek god, and probably calling Heracles Hurcules*
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2013-09-02 at 08:02 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post

How wasted? :smallcurious: I could do with a - no. No I couldn't. When your mother drinks until she vomits (in fairness it was mostly the Neighbour's fault) and is a depressed, sobbing mess for half an hour, and you just cannot move because you can't do emotions when you're not Right, and then you have to clean up the entire kitchen and bathroom floor and sterilise twice you go off drink.
    I'll join you down the pub for some non-boozey drinks and terrible cheesy music on the jukebox though.

And I do love a good debate. And a good argument. And a good bicker. Though I do hope I lose to you sometimes.

Spoiler
    Show

Am I doing it right?
    Spoiler
    Show

"Faster! Keep running! Keep running!"

*bang*

"Mother, where are you?"

"Mother won't wake up."

Yeah, you're doing it right. That was cute.

In all seriousness, I hope what appears to be a pretty bad bout of depression clears up for you. And don't worry about it, what you're doing is a normal, sensible thing. How we define ourselves is determined by those around us and our interactions. If we had no one to base ourselves on we'd be nothing. So in a way it's a good thing, I guess?
    My meds went tits up, actually made the depression worse and shot my already shaky sleeping patterns to death and misery; my granddad had a stroke, may have cancer, but he's too old for the surgery and chemo could kill him too (still trying), oh, and his beloved dog probably'll be put down because of a spinal injury; Little Sister failed half her exams and I stressed out for a while trying to figure out a way to stop the college straight up expelling her and allow her to keep attending (I did); Bees had a week where he decided to push every single button I had - and it was my fault I reacted by screaming and shouting when he essentially called me a racist monster who should have been aborted at birth - so I had to apologise to him. Otherwise he would do bad things. And the drinking incident. And everyone tells me when bad things happen to them because it makes them feel better, so I can't tell them it makes me feel worse.
    And the 'I have no friends to talk to, and I just can't find the energy to type. OR READ' problem. And the moment of terror where I want everything to stop and the things I'm thinking of are bad.
    Then the clawing back up the mountain.
    I sincerely hope no one reading this has ever felt this way. Ever.
    Still, getting better.
    Yeah, the self-centred thing is a 'throwback' - though can one call it a throwback when it undeniably influences us heavily? You want people to talk about things you know about and like, because then you look good in their eyes, raising your status as they think you're smarter/more passionate/wise/whatever, and that means you're more vital than another person.
    Ultimately, even compassion can be twisted to be selfish because 'is there ever a truly selfless choice?' Oh, ethics, morals, philosophy and grey areas, you make everything so much more complex. If people thought too hard they'd probably end up hating themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    My condolences, comrade; I am sorry you and your family do not relate well.
    If I had the money to get me set up elsewhere, and a guaranteed job I'd go. Now. I do love them yadda yadda yadda, but there are many clashes, and I'm not good with people, even though I am sometimes.
    It'll get better, hopefully. Though it is sad that of the two members of my immediate family I relate the most, one is away nearly all the time, and the other's autistic and is the button pusher who did the above 'drive your older sister into a screaming meltdown that then gets her in trouble' thing.

Hm.

"Oh, CurlyKitGirl... Your knowledge of squid bones - which are not called "squid bones" - cause me to swoon. Oh, your knowledge of European history is amazing. Your honesty rivals even that of Enderlord99, who is honest to the core."
    Honesty is relative, but I try. I'm like one of those obsequious sycophants who can disagree while seeming to agree.
    Mostly though, honesty is amusing (or at least it seems to be for you lot here (when I'm not being a massive downer)) because I ramble. A lot. Unveiling all the paths in my twistily verbose mind whether anyone cares or not.
    I just wish more people actually did. Stupid self-pitying child.

That said, I do enjoy European history, and learning more about it in those infamous wall-o'-texts I both create and invoke in others.

Enderlord's the one with the centaur avvie right? Little contentious at times?

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    I thought of this really silly sentence about how "Since you do deserve to be fawned over, I will oblige your request", but I forgot the silly language I used there. But you do deserve fawning, and so fawning you shall have. *fawns over, praise of writing skills and thoughts that more than half the time are too big for me to fully grasp*
    Silly sentences are fun. Tautology is sometimes tautology. My thoughts aren't very big though, often they're rather small - likely a side effect of the 'I only talk about what I want' thing - given they're barely relevant to anyone.
    I am quite good at writing though. You need to be when you ramble. How else are people going to understand you? Archaic/flowery language is amazing if you can do it well.

Curly, you're a goddess of wordageness! You can't be arrogant!
    I can be if I want!

Oh, yes. What Halftanned said. EXACTLY what Halftan said.
    Why is everyone wasted tonight? Secret keg party out back or something?

Awww. What else could a sheep do, if not fawn or be a pillow to yell into?
    Hugs? Hugs are good.

Waits for Teddy to post the Sheepyeti Fauntoss picture... :amusement:
    wut

Edit: Selfish Theory:Curly, wanting praise is *inconsistant comparison to various Illiad passages, use of Roman name for Greek god, and probably calling Heracles Hurcules*
    Well, my automatic though there was:
    *inconsistent
    **Hercules
    And then 'Old English self-aggrandisement is much more fun, but I'll take Archaic Greek ideals in a pinch'
    I must be feeling better! (No, I actually am. I wasn't even mentally correcting fanfic the other day, and I always do that)

*awaits a certain reference*
    Yes. I'm angling obviously.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2013-09-02 at 08:12 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

8. - Top - End - #488

*all the sad*

I kind of know how you feel Curly, and I REALLY hope things take an upswing in the future, sooner rather then later. You're a nice person and deserve that much.

Yes, that's who that is.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Titan in the Playground

How wasted? :smallcurious:
    I've never had a drink in my life because i got so drunk time itself altered.

I could do with a - no. No I couldn't. When your mother drinks until she vomits (in fairness it was mostly the Neighbour's fault) and is a depressed, sobbing mess for half an hour, and you just cannot move because you can't do emotions when you're not Right, and then you have to clean up the entire kitchen and bathroom floor and sterilise twice you go off drink.
    I'll join you down the pub for some non-boozey drinks and terrible cheesy music on the jukebox though.
    Yay! Soda!

And I do love a good debate. And a good argument. And a good bicker. Though I do hope I lose to you sometimes.
    Sometimes, if I know a subject well. I'm not very good at debates.

Hugs? Hugs are good.
    *hugs*
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, that's me. Incidentally, I gained my arguing skills from the greatest masters of the art: the stereotypical kindergartner. Observe: "She started it!"
    By the way, are "bones" just "internal features composed of Calcium Carbonate?" Because, unless you have a more specific definition, well...
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2013-09-02 at 08:47 PM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Titan in the Playground

If I had the money to get me set up elsewhere, and a guaranteed job I'd go. Now. I do love them yadda yadda yadda, but there are many clashes, and I'm not good with people, even though I am sometimes.
    It'll get better, hopefully. Though it is sad that of the two members of my immediate family I relate the most, one is away nearly all the time, and the other's autistic and is the button pusher who did the above 'drive your older sister into a screaming meltdown that then gets her in trouble' thing.
    Ah. Yes, that certainly sounds vexing.
    Honesty is relative, but I try. I'm like one of those obsequious sycophants who can disagree while seeming to agree.
    Impressive!
    Mostly though, honesty is amusing (or at least it seems to be for you lot here (when I'm not being a massive downer)) because I ramble. A lot. Unveiling all the paths in my twistily verbose mind whether anyone cares or not.
    I just wish more people actually did. Stupid self-pitying child.

That said, I do enjoy European history, and learning more about it in those infamous wall-o'-texts I both create and invoke in others.
    Neat!
    Indeed!
    Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Yeah, that's me. Incidentally, I gained my arguing skills from the greatest masters of the art: the stereotypical kindergartner. Observe: "She started it!"
    By the way, are "bones" just "internal features composed of Calcium Carbonate?" Because, unless you have a more specific definition, well...
    Blunt, honest, and a little scary. That's you, alright!

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ettin in the Playground

Why haven't front lawns started a revolt? I meant, if an alien civilization started grinding up chimpanzee babies for breakfast, I'm pretty sure humans would fight them. And that's exactly what humans have been doing to front lawns' nearest living relatives, the grains! Incidentally, honey is insect vomit processed from plant... y'know...
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

Why haven't front lawns started a revolt? I meant, if an alien civilization started grinding up chimpanzee babies for breakfast, I'm pretty sure humans would fight them. And that's exactly what humans have been doing to front lawns' nearest living relatives, the grains! Incidentally, honey is insect vomit processed from plant... y'know...
    Well, I think it's because front lawns are unable to move, for one...

14. - Top - End - #494
    Troll in the Playground

It might be because we have a habit of mowing lawns down just to improve the view.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Bugbear in the Playground

You have far too much time to think on your hands.

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ettin in the Playground

A pity about the ceiling, but I am glad you are mentally healthy.
    Indeed. Someone needs to invent a robotic ceiling cleaner one of these days.
    But as for my health, alas, my condition is permanent no matter how good I manage to feel at any particular moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Well, I'll tell you something with an unknown name and you'll probably find it exotic-sounding as well. I mean, take "örtsalt", for example. What is your immediate reaction to that name?

*shrug* Fair enough...

If I feel like putting on something warm, that's probably just making it more likely for me to look at the thermometer...

Hmm, no, I doubt that. There would be anything more than just pipes if it actually did something interesting. The purpose of the tunnels is a bit of an enigma to me, but I assume they house control rooms and labs for water quality tests...

Honestly, the words "I'll be alright in [sometime]" have kinda stopped working for calming me down. They only really make me worry about the person falling back again...
    It is likely a variety of salt based on the name. But what I need to do is stop forgetting that English is not your first language.

Perhaps the primary difference is that we do not have a conveniently place thermometer at my house. There is one, but I am uncertain of its accuracy and it's not in plain view so I don't bother with it.

That's what one would assume. But in truth, the best secret facilities are always disguised as the mundane. Especially if there are tunnels. Tunnels are always hiding something.

In this case, by alright, I meant not about to try and crush the souls of those who annoy me such that their resulting misery makes me feel better by comparison. There are times when it comes to mind.
    Fortunately, now is not one of them. I've completed one of the myriad tasks set to me, so things are starting to look up. Hopefully, I can get other people to do the cleaning of the ceiling so I won't have to, which will indeed be good.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

17. - Top - End - #497
    Titan in the Playground

Indeed. Someone needs to invent a robotic ceiling cleaner one of these days.
    Indeed.
    But as for my health, alas, my condition is permanent no matter how good I manage to feel at any particular moment.
    Ah! My condolences, comrade.

18. - Top - End - #498

BlackDragon

Sorry to hear about your issues, Curly...I recommend a meetup! (Although I won't be at the next one myself, I hear the other British GITPers are nice people, you'll like them ).

In other news: just arrived at work to find a pigeon sitting in the office. It's staring at me from the opposite corner as I type this...

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    In other news: just arrived at work to find a pigeon sitting in the office. It's staring at me from the opposite corner as I type this...
    Oh, dear. One wonders how it got in.

20. - Top - End - #500

Is there such a thing as brushing one's teeth too much? I've been brushing my teeth a lot lately. Not sure why.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AllIHaveIsCrunk View Post
    Is there such a thing as brushing one's teeth too much? I've been brushing my teeth a lot lately. Not sure why.
    Well, I suppose brushing one's teeth to the point of bleeding would be considered "too much."

22. - Top - End - #502

My gums always bleed. When I was a kid I didn't brush at all and now my gums are squishy like a hackeysack.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

My gums always bleed. When I was a kid I didn't brush at all and now my gums are squishy like a hackeysack.
    Ah. Yes, I have a similar problem.

Maybe do some gum training...?

24. - Top - End - #504

Uh...

Do you not remember how this conversation started?

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

Uh...

Do you not remember how this conversation started?
    Yes, about you brushing your teeth too much. Why?

26. - Top - End - #506

Does that not count as "gum training"?

I mean, I play Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger" and everything.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

Does that not count as "gum training"?

I mean, I play Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger" and everything.
    I was thinking more of a "flex your gums" sort of thing.

(Yes, I know one can't do that.)

28. - Top - End - #508

"flex your gums"
    I don't suppose you're a fan of the band "Swans" are you?

29. - Top - End - #509
    Titan in the Playground

I don't suppose you're a fan of the band "Swans" are you?
    Oh, yes, I love them! They play the best classical music, and...

Actually, I've never heard of them. (Until now, of course.)

30. - Top - End - #510

I figured it was a longshot but I couldn't help but read "flex your gums" in Michael Gira's voice. Their first album had a track in which he repeatedly screamed "Flex your muscles!"
    Last edited by DJ Yung Crunk; 2013-09-03 at 02:29 AM.