New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Dallas-Dakota's Dastardly and Devious Dancing Debate of Random Banter #198

Can you guys think of any piratey comedic monologues?

Also, speaking of pirates, I got asked to be in an improvised play about them at a local festival, so that's awesome!

(The monologue is unrelated, everyone just appears to be doing plays about pirates right now.)
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Dallas-Dakota's Dastardly and Devious Dancing Debate of Random Banter #198

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Naww, is it something special which has happened, or is it a number of things at the same time, or are you just having a bad time? :smallsympathetic:

*hugs*
    A combination of the last 2, being many little things that just got to me. It is bad enough that talking to my girlfriend on the phone is actually annoying me rather than the help and calm that it usually is. Just listening to things that are making me wish the world would just die for its own good, as well as smaller things that are troubling to me specifically, like computer issues and majorly tiredness.

*tense hug* Thank you for the sentiment at least..
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cuttlefish… eh… let us not, dear friends, forget our dear friends the cuttlefish… bind them up together and they’ll devour themselves without a single thought… Human nature, in’it? Ooor… rather fish nature… So yes… we could hold up here well-provisioned and well-armed… and half of us would be dead within the month! Which seems grim to me no matter how you slice it! Or as my colleague so naively suggested, we can release Calypso, and God-willing, she will show us mercy… I rather doubt it. Can we just ignore that she is a woman scorned, the fury the likes of which Hell hath no? We cannot. And so, we are left with but one option. I agree with, and I cannot believe the words that are coming out of me mouth… Captain Swann.

I wish I remembered the context.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Also, speaking of pirates, I got asked to be in an improvised play about them at a local festival, so that's awesome!

(The monologue is unrelated, everyone just appears to be doing plays about pirates right now.)
    Comedy and pirates makes me think of nothing except Pirates of Penzance. I'm not sure that helps, though.
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Monkey Island should supply you with a good number of those.
    LGBT in the playground - banner by Doihaveaname?.
    Thanks to Ceika, Dihan, Happy Turtle, Reicaden and Haruki for the avatars.

6. - Top - End - #36

Mm. I thought of PoP, but I can't think of any monologues in that, enderlord, thank you, I'll try and find it on the interwebz to see if it works.

SMEE, I hadn't thought of that but that would be great, are there any good monologues in MI? Or rather, ones that aren't "I can't use these two items together!" fare?
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Hmm... I'm not particularly fond of experimentation when it comes to fast food as the quality is already incredibly variable. That, and the Chinese restaurant down at the shops bears the name of a river that only flows through China for half its total length. As a geography enthusiast, that bugs me.
    Hm. When I think of "fast food," Chinese food's the furthermost thing in my mind. How do they make the food?
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Welp, that kinda sucks. My left ear is plugged
    Ah. Most vexing!
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEE View Post
    So, aye... it has been a while since I last been around these parts.

How's everyone being?

And just in case, hi, I am not a stranger and I don't bite.
    I am also THE most pure, chaste and innocent person around.
    Greetings, SMEE! We miss you in the LGBTA thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    So. Just read a certain piece of news. I'm now grinding my teeth and suppressing extremely large amounts of rage at a gross miscarriage of justice. I will say no more than this.
    Ah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    At least please provide the link.
    And read some cracked.com articles. It should cheer you up.
    Cracked, Giver of Nightmares and Bane of Comfort! For me, at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    ION: Okay, I will try to be very nice to others, because I like everyone here quite a bit. But I am not good. At all. I am very angry and darkly apathetic and grumpy and snappy. This is caused by a mix of many things, some small and some not so much. I will try to take the cracked article reading advice, but I fear it will be to no avail. This is literally "would destroy things/people just for some way to work off the rage" type of mood, and so far common sense is holding me in check; for now.
    I'm sorry, comrade; I hope you feel better soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    My not so fun circumstances involve my grandmother. She's refusing to eat or drink and isn't expected to last long.
    My deepest condolences, comrade. I hope she lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Great... So our agency/landlord whatever had changed their number without telling us at all, hence the reason my flatmate was unable to contact them for a couple of days.

Now our bathroom floor is completely rotten and needs to be replaced.

I hope no crap comes from this, I hope no crap comes from this...
    Oh, dear. Will your landlord replace it for you?

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

A combination of the last 2, being many little things that just got to me. It is bad enough that talking to my girlfriend on the phone is actually annoying me rather than the help and calm that it usually is. Just listening to things that are making me wish the world would just die for its own good, as well as smaller things that are troubling to me specifically, like computer issues and majorly tiredness.

*tense hug* Thank you for the sentiment at least..
    Well, if you need to vent, I'm more than willing to listen.

*hugs again*
    (Oh, and tell me if I get too clingy with the hugs.)
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

I'm also sorry to hear you have so much of the troubles dear Finny. *frowns* I can be a scribble board if that would cheer you up. *offers marker* I don't know much of the methods for fixing a fever. I guess soup and bedrest and cold air. So rest well, and hope you feel better soon.

Also because I think I missed it in the previous thread and because I am horrible about cultural knowledge, what does ceilidh mean?
    *scribbles happy faces on you*
    I don't even know what could calm me down now. So, let's try some happy-ish scribbles.

Ceilidhs are Scottish social dance events If I get my hand to pictures from last week and perhaps tomorrow's ceilidh as well, I'll be sure to share them with you. I think there's a few pics of me after my shoes flew off my feet, heh.

ION:
    I'm basically in love with this artist now. What he does is so futuristic, and so everyday, and so Swedish! :3
    Lovely, lovely!

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    Comedy and pirates makes me think of nothing except Pirates of Penzance. I'm not sure that helps, though.
    Monkey Island should supply you with a good number of those.
    *head is now filled with an idea of a Pirates of Penzance and Monkey Island crossover*
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

10. - Top - End - #40

*head is now filled with an idea of a Pirates of Penzance and Monkey Island crossover*
    I got to see a live performance of PoP a few weeks back. The dude playing Frederick was all but identical to Guybrush.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Colossus in the Playground

I am the very model of a modern major general, I- *interrupted by rubber chicken*

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Oh, dear. Will your landlord replace it for you?
    Well yeah it's getting replaced but I'm somehow thinking this will go from our deposit, I don't know... Argh.
    And, to say, my flatmate isn't afraid of talking on the phone, she's just always giving the excuse that I need to call every place because I can understand people's accents better than her. Aaargh. Argh. Aargh. *books another night to stay in Skye*

I got to see a live performance of PoP a few weeks back. The dude playing Frederick was all but identical to Guybrush.
    I saw a performance in May! It was amazing! The show I saw was very Monty Python -esque. Oh. I'm jealous, a Guybrush look-a-like! *has a sudden moment of fangirl squeaming*

I am the very model of a modern major general, I- *interrupted by rubber chicken*

You have no idea how much this cheered me up just now!
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

13. - Top - End - #43

Mm. I thought of PoP, but I can't think of any monologues in that
    Well, there are a couple of monologues in it, but they're not particularly piratey. Depends how long you want it to be, though. The best I can think of is:

"No, Frederic - that may not be. I don't think much of our profession, but contrasted with respectability, it is comparatively honest. No, Frederic - I will live and die a Pirate King!"

Which isn't really long enough to be considered a proper monologue. There might be some way you could adapt some of the dialogue, cutting out other people's lines to turn it into a decent length monologue, maybe.

Edit: Oh, or you could possibly take some of the words of the songs without the music and use them as monologues.
    Last edited by Thufir; 2013-08-21 at 04:21 PM.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

14. - Top - End - #44

I saw a performance in May! It was amazing! The show I saw was very Monty Python -esque. Oh. I'm jealous, a Guybrush look-a-like! *has a sudden moment of fangirl squeaming*
    I've always thought Dominic Armato would make the PERFECT voice actor for Elan.

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Well, there are a couple of monologues in it, but they're not particularly piratey. Depends how long you want it to be, though. The best I can think of is:

"No, Frederic - that may not be. I don't think much of our profession, but contrasted with respectability, it is comparatively honest. No, Frederic - I will live and die a Pirate King!"

Which isn't really long enough to be considered a proper monologue. There might be some way you could adapt some of the dialogue, cutting out other people's lines to turn it into a decent length monologue, maybe.
    That's not a monologue, that's a sentence.

Thanks though, if the friend who needs this doesn't find a monologue, I'll suggest that.

I think he may have found something, though I'm not sure.

ION: I have low grade pain right now. Blasted sunburns.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

SMEE, I hadn't thought of that but that would be great, are there any good monologues in MI? Or rather, ones that aren't "I can't use these two items together!" fare?
    The Curse of Monkey Island has many good quotes that can be made into a monologue. You will find many other ones at the original Monkey Island and at LeChuck's Revenge.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0244783/...ref_=ttqu_ql_4
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0244661/...ref_=ttqu_ql_4
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0134599/quotes
    LGBT in the playground - banner by Doihaveaname?.
    Thanks to Ceika, Dihan, Happy Turtle, Reicaden and Haruki for the avatars.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

*collapses on floor*

...crap, I've got PbPs to attend to... *drags self back up to laptop*

How's everyone being?
    Rather tired. I wish it would rain again today... maybe it will.

Great... So our agency/landlord whatever had changed their number without telling us at all, hence the reason my flatmate was unable to contact them for a couple of days.

Now our bathroom floor is completely rotten and needs to be replaced.

I hope no crap comes from this, I hope no crap comes from this...

*collapses on the floor with fever*

No music session for me today, hopefully I'll be good for the performance & ceilidh tomorrow.
    Well, that sucks. Hope that gets sorted out. :\

Aw... Feel better, Finn :\

ION:
    I'm basically in love with this artist now. What he does is so futuristic, and so everyday, and so Swedish! :3
    Ooh, cool!

ION: Yay, moving on one hour of sleep! >.>

One of my shelves will disappear friday, as I'm sure my roommate will want to have his bed when he gets here...
    A few odds and ends.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

It's funny, because Dallas backwards is a slightly misspelled "Salad" - the opposite of cookies.

...Wow I need more sleep.
    Well salads can be lovely. If you make them right.
    First you get the bowl. You make the salad. Procedingly you give throw out the vegetable thingies and add cookies. The result is a very nice bowl of salad.

Cool! I think I'm glad my life isn't as busy as yours, but it sounds really interesting at the same time!

Also, what are you studying?
    I'm studying Mediadesign Filmproduction. So err, pretty much everything that is involved with making moving pictures with cameras.
    My personal focus is production and cameraman, with the kind of productions I major in being commercials and multi-camera productions.

Hello hello person who is stranger to me! I'm Hal, and it is good to meet you. About my being...meh...I'll detail what I can farther below.

Thank you for the new thread. I meant to make more cookies but I never had the time. Life got in the way.
    Best of luck with the issues in your life, I know the feeling so no problem at all. I will patiently wait.

That is some most wonderfull art.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I'm sorry, comrade; I hope you feel better soon!
    Thanks, I'm kinda starting to.

Well, if you need to vent, I'm more than willing to listen.

*hugs again*
    (Oh, and tell me if I get too clingy with the hugs.)
    Thank you much Teddy. It's a lot of little things that add up to be big...like some stories my grandma was telling me about her father, and let me tell you he sounds like a a**hold monster. I want to kill him, but he's already dead. So I want to do something to the grave, but I can't because he was buried with my grandma's mom and she sounds pretty alright. And I do know that desecrating the dead is terrible and awful and rude, but this guy truly deserves it. A pure misogynist who was horribly abusive and hated my grandma for reasons you shouldn't hate anybody. Which makes me think about my problems with humanity and society, which makes me more mad and apathetic. Gah. And then my Fallout New Vegas keeps freezing. So you know, things.

Rarely are hugs too much for me. I'll let you know if they are. That time is not now. *snuggles*

*scribbles happy faces on you*
    I don't even know what could calm me down now. So, let's try some happy-ish scribbles.

Ceilidhs are Scottish social dance events If I get my hand to pictures from last week and perhaps tomorrow's ceilidh as well, I'll be sure to share them with you. I think there's a few pics of me after my shoes flew off my feet, heh.
    Sounds like a good idea. I could use the happy faces.

Ooh that would be nice. I do wonder how you pronounce that word though..I'm trying to be multilingual!

EDIT: Ooh while I was writing I got hello'd! Probably will make them tomorrow. I am starting to feel more cheery but I have to draw eggs today.
    Last edited by Haluesen; 2013-08-21 at 06:08 PM.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Just a touch ill. Other than that, perfectly fine. And how are you good sir?
    Rather well, thank you for asking. Though for some odd reason, the house smells of sagebrush.

ION: Two eggs out of six I broke open today were going bad. Expiration date? Tomorrow.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

I have low grade pain right now. Blasted sunburns.
    Ouch.

One of my shelves will disappear friday, as I'm sure my roommate will want to have his bed when he gets here...
    Ah. That sounds exhausting.

21. - Top - End - #51

You have no idea how much this cheered me up just now!
    Always happy to oblige

ION: I have low grade pain right now. Blasted sunburns.
    Ouch, hope you get better soon.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    First you get the bowl. You make the salad. Procedingly you give throw out the vegetable thingies and add cookies. The result is a very nice bowl of salad.
    And then there's the reaction when there's no cookies, aye?

(this literally just popped up on my tumblr. what timing!)
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

23. - Top - End - #53

That is the only sensible reaction.

Seriously, I know it's childish, but them changing cookie monster to sing "Cookie is a sometimes food" is one of the most insulting things I've ever seen =/

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Er.

It's an amateur writing community on the internet, dedicated mostly to the exploration of horror and other creepy concepts.

The site takes the form of the above-mentioned organisation, with most entries modeled after classified documents and scientific reports. There's also a bunch of more free-form tales, some of which are very good.

Let's not confuse real-fiction and not-real-fiction, yes?
    That explanation is significantly better than my own, and much less ambiguous.

How's everyone being?
    Quite good, all things considered. And how are you?

Not that we would mind. We take kindly to strangers around these parts.
    Indeed. How else would we get news from the outside world?

My not so fun circumstances involve my grandmother. She's refusing to eat or drink and isn't expected to last long.
    Oh dear... That is never a good sign... I hope that she is not in significant discomfort...

Hm. When I think of "fast food," Chinese food's the furthermost thing in my mind. How do they make the food?
    I have no idea. For all I know, their cooks arrive hours early to begin cooking and it was unfair of me to assume they work with alacrity. However, it is not exactly an unforeseeable assumption as they work alongside several of the main fast food chains.
    I should probably clarify that by restaurant here, I don't mean as in separate establishment, I mean as in outlet at a food court.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Rather well, thank you for asking. Though for some odd reason, the house smells of sagebrush.
    That is decidedly odd... Almost as odd as the times it smells like someone is cooking a roast in our kitchen, but the oven isn't even on.

Oh how I hate moving, and I've never even done it before!

Are you certain? He might prefer to sleep standing up. You will have to ask him when he arrives.

Seriously, I know it's childish, but them changing cookie monster to sing "Cookie is a sometimes food" is one of the most insulting things I've ever seen =/
    It's not childish at all. It's political correctness gone mad!
    Fortunately, I never watched Sesame Street as a child, so it doesn't particularly affect me very much.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

I have no idea. For all I know, their cooks arrive hours early to begin cooking and it was unfair of me to assume they work with alacrity. However, it is not exactly an unforeseeable assumption as they work alongside several of the main fast food chains.
    I should probably clarify that by restaurant here, I don't mean as in separate establishment, I mean as in outlet at a food court.
    Ah, 'false Chinese food.' Yes, I agree; it's fast food.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Bugbear in the Playground

It's just unfair to have a cold in the summer. The only good part is being tired and napping in warm sun instead of bed. New people please do not hug me and catch this.

That is decidedly odd... Almost as odd as the times it smells like someone is cooking a roast in our kitchen, but the oven isn't even on.

It's not childish at all. It's political correctness gone mad!
    Fortunately, I never watched Sesame Street as a child, so it doesn't particularly affect me very much.
    Oh no. It is fast food. The meat and sauce is frozen and I can buy it at Trader Joe's. There's frozen veggies. And fried rice is supposed to be made with cooked and cooled rice.

I hate smells that have no cause. Food has got to be worse though to make you hope for food and then not have any.

I have tried to drop hints about Sesame Street when around the friends of kids but none of them seem to pick up on it.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    Oh no. It is fast food. The meat and sauce is frozen and I can buy it at Trader Joe's. There's frozen veggies. And fried rice is supposed to be made with cooked and cooled rice.
    Blasphemy! *Ka-Tackle.*

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you much Teddy. It's a lot of little things that add up to be big...like some stories my grandma was telling me about her father, and let me tell you he sounds like a a**hold monster. I want to kill him, but he's already dead. So I want to do something to the grave, but I can't because he was buried with my grandma's mom and she sounds pretty alright. And I do know that desecrating the dead is terrible and awful and rude, but this guy truly deserves it. A pure misogynist who was horribly abusive and hated my grandma for reasons you shouldn't hate anybody. Which makes me think about my problems with humanity and society, which makes me more mad and apathetic. Gah. And then my Fallout New Vegas keeps freezing. So you know, things.

Rarely are hugs too much for me. I'll let you know if they are. That time is not now. *snuggles*
    I see. Well, for as long as you don't act upon them, your fantasies will hurt no one, so don't let your thoughts drag you down.

And small things grow in eachother's presence, that's the truth...

*hugs*

EDIT: Ooh while I was writing I got hello'd! Probably will make them tomorrow. I am starting to feel more cheery but I have to draw eggs today.
    Hello'd? Make what? Good thing you feel better! And those eggs, are they for your drawing class?

Yeah, that timing was priceless.

Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    A fine salad indeed. The dressing? Caramel.

ION: An update on my grandmother - I got a call last night from my father that she passed away. The world lost a wonderful woman today. Thank you for your well wishes, Elemental and Tailiu.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

ION: An update on my grandmother - I got a call last night from my father that she passed away. The world lost a wonderful woman today. Thank you for your well wishes, Elemental and Tailiu.
    That's sad to hear, although I suppose it was expected. How are you taking it?

*hugs*, if you accept them.

Show