New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dallas-Dakota's Dastardly and Devious Dancing Debate of Random Banter #198

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    I find them hard to ignore usually, because my mind tends to dwell on things that scare me. So I do the next best thing: avoid those shows.

Ah okay then. Well yay for your recovery! I'll store the soup ingredients for another time.

I guess that makes sense. Sometimes illness can lead to things being more irritating than normal. I just don't care for those accusations though.

Ah, right then. I am glad it worked out Elemental (need to think of an awesome nickname for you).
    They say such objects strike the Earth rather rarely, that our Sun is incapable of producing such flare, that there are no stars in our vicinity likely to go supernova, that any disease capable of wiping out humans would have been present on the planet since ancient times resulting in either our immunity or resistance, that any new super-disease we have no resistance to would kill its victims too rapidly to spread, etc.
    Fortunately, doomsday scenarios and simulations are just that, scenarios and simulations. Personally, I enjoy watching them because they're interesting.

Indeed. A problem compounded by my becoming more irritable when sick.

Usually Ele seems to be what people fall back on from my experience.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

2. - Top - End - #962
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Dallas-Dakota's Dastardly and Devious Dancing Debate of Random Banter #198

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    They say such objects strike the Earth rather rarely, that our Sun is incapable of producing such flare, that there are no stars in our vicinity likely to go supernova, that any disease capable of wiping out humans would have been present on the planet since ancient times resulting in either our immunity or resistance, that any new super-disease we have no resistance to would kill its victims too rapidly to spread, etc.
    Fortunately, doomsday scenarios and simulations are just that, scenarios and simulations. Personally, I enjoy watching them because they're interesting.

Indeed. A problem compounded by my becoming more irritable when sick.

Usually Ele seems to be what people fall back on from my experience.
    Hmm I suppose that makes a certain sense. I admit that I feel that my fear and annoyance of such programs is mostly irrational, but it does keep me from ever truly enjoying them. Still, I remain very positive that the world will continue to exist.

That is indeed what I am referring to. When I am ill I tend to mostly just be very tired but sometimes I can be grouchy.

Hmm it could work, but I do enjoy inventing nicknames for people when I can, a habit that I think has been intensified by Kneebles skill with nicknaming. I am sure that eventually I will come up with something crazy awesome for you starting with Ele. Of course unless you don't care for such things, then I can desist such actions.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

3. - Top - End - #963
    Troll in the Playground

I would say "Where's my silly nickname arghaubugah", but really, Sheep is short enough. (I don't recall ever thinking of Ele as "Elemental". Mostly because that is not a name, thats a descriptive word I associate with fire and earth/water/air/noun/adverb/butt. )
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2013-09-11 at 11:33 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    • Say what you think.

You know, rules to live by.
    I personally think this is often a bad idea. There are many things I think of that should never be made any more material than transient thought.

Well, that's still rather broad. I believe I can boil down my principles, as it were, to the following points. Anything else I believe belongs in one of these categories, and listing it would just be an exercise in redundancy.
    1. Mean what you say.
    2. Have respect for others.

Do note that this these are not the same as saying "say what you mean" and "respect others".

"Mean what you say" is an instruction to put genuine thoughts and action behind your words. It doesn't mean (or imply) that you should inform people of what you're thinking, or even necessitate that you elaborate on what things you said mean, but it does mean that you should speak as if you intend to act upon your words. (and make it known when that is not the case).

"Have respect for others" is an instruction to honor others' freedoms and person. It doesn't mean that you need to treat everyone with the same level of respect (I speak very differently with my close friends than I do with my professors, for example), but it does mean that you should treat other people with the respect they deserve, taking into account your relationship with the person and any distinctions they may have. (as a mentor/instructor, as an authority figure, as a volunteer or service-oriented person, etc.).

I absolutely shall then. There was a person I knew in the jujitsu classes that knew kendo, but he is long since gone from this town as far as I know. I'll have to find another way to learn.

I have never heard of this concept, and am quite intrigued. To the internet!

...oh wait I am already here.
    *nod* Your college very well may have a kendo club of some sort - it'd be worth checking out.

They're awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Intriguing. I'd be interested in hearing more of that recipe myself.

Understandable. Good luck staying out.

I need to just start doing that, really, since I'm rubbish with the lyrics themselves unless I'm actively memorizing. Horrible to sing along in the car to songs with. XD
    I'll make an attempt to procure it, then - if I can get access to proper kitchen pans and the like, then I may or may not attempt to bake some sometime this year. (or I could just wait until I go home...)

Shouldn't be particularly hard.

*nod* Well, I'm good with lyrics to some stuff, but that's only songs I'm particularly familiar with - I don't normally listen for the lyrics, so I pick up the melody easily but am lost with regards to the words when it comes to actually singing... I'm good at memorization, though, so it's not too difficult for me to get lyrics down once I start working at 'em.

Sounds like a plan. And a good plan at that because it involves food.

Odd... They presented it that way from the beginning when we did it... I'll put it down to variations in teaching styles from chemistry teacher to chemistry teacher.

Strange. I would have thought seasons would have been a much more obvious point of reference where you are due to the greater variability in the weather from Summer to Winter and back again.
    Indeed.

*nod* Probably. I really liked my chem teacher, though - she was great. Probably one of my favorite teachers of the ones I had in high school.

Perhaps, but I'm better with numbers and events than I am with trying to remember the seasons.... plus, the seasons change every year.

But the difficulty that arises from that is that these definitions of Law and Chaos are societal constructs, not fundamental facets of the cosmos. They are more differences in opinion concerning governance wherein people have different views concerning what restrictions are reasonable, with some taking the view that all restrictions are unnecessary.
    And once one realises that Law and Chaos are just titles given to significantly more complex ideas, they lose all reason for cosmological backing.
    I suppose I'm just opposed to the idea of alignments in general...

Somehow, I don't think anyone makes money from philosophy.
    Only if you read them that way. Personally, I think those definitions work quite well (particularly for Law - I think Chaos is a bit ill-defined just about everywhere) as far as cosmological constructs go; all you have to do is attempt to read them that way. Philosophy is mutable, so to speak - it can often mean many things at once, and the best part is trying to read what you mean into what someone else says.

Well, they do, they just give it a different name... and I believe we've begun to toe the forum rules with this particular bit. >.>

Oh dear... That is quite a lot of drama... Morbid curiosity compels to inquire as to more details, but the rest of my mind has politely suggested I probably shouldn't. Damn... Now that I've mentioned that I don't think it's a good idea to know, I now feel like I have to know...
    I'll leave it up to you whether you desire to provide further information.

As for the matter of the bureaucratic difficulty. A misplaces letter was behind the whole thing. Everything has been sorted out most amicably.
    Ask and ye shall receive. I'll only elaborate as other people see fit to demand information from me - I've not got the time to write them all up now. (some of them have more interesting stories than others :smallerwink:)

Ah, good, then.
    A few odds and ends.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Bugbear in the Playground

We talking nicknames? Very well, I will accept "The CrunkMaster General"

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

6. - Top - End - #966
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ah okay then. And good that you were close to the school at least. I want my school to send me to the beach...
    Heh. My old school was closer. A block and a half away from the water, that one was.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #967
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I have had my ears flushed.

I CAN HEAR EVERYTHING.
    Yay!

8. - Top - End - #968
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    I would say "Where's my silly nickname arghaubugah", but really, Sheep is short enough. (I don't recall ever thinking of Ele as "Elemental". Mostly because that is not a name, thats a descriptive word I associate with fire and earth/water/air/noun/adverb/butt. )
    I like trying to make interesting nicknames for others, and especially love when others make them for me. It's just a quirk of mine. For now you are Sheep until something more creative comes to my sleepy brain.

*nod* Your college very well may have a kendo club of some sort - it'd be worth checking out.

They're awesome.
    It might...if it wasn't an art school that I am taking online.

I am currently looking at a recipe and they don't seem hard to make. The problem will be if I do not care for them, because I cannot predict how I know for sure would (maybe that killer DM friend, she loves spicy food), and I would hate to waste them.

Also on the topic of nicknames, you already seem to have a great list to pick from. Ami works in a jiffy, but AmiDrex seems cool and I absolutely love His Drexellency. Pure brilliancy.

Quote Originally Posted by AllIHaveIsCrunk View Post
    We talking nicknames? Very well, I will accept "The CrunkMaster General"
    Hehe alright this is too awesome to not use. To me you are now definitely The CrunkMaster General.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Heh. My old school was closer. A block and a half away from the water, that one was.
    Dang now this I find to be very fortuitous. Did it just happen to be that way, or did you choose the school for that reason? Either way I am very jealous. We have a lake but it is a fair distance from my old high school and at the moment is more of a large pond than a lake.

So, it is midnight, I am very tired and finding it hard to type, but really I don't feel like sleeping. Maybe after another hour or two. Anyone else sleepy?
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    My silly nickname is 'Skeep', or at least that's what a few of you tend to call me. I don't even remember where or when that started, to be honest.

10. - Top - End - #970

Hehe alright this is too awesome to not use. To me you are now definitely The CrunkMaster General.
    Just imagine me with a post bag. Inside the post bag is swagger.

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

11. - Top - End - #971
    Troll in the Playground

I slightly disagree, sorry Finny. While spicy food is very much delicious and I would not turn it down unless quite full, I believe that sweet food is the most superior. I haven't yet found a cake or cupcake so rich that I couldn't handle it. Woot for sweet tooth!
    I will wholeheartedly ignore your disagreement, wee Hal. Because, in fact, sweet food is the most inferior thing that this planet holds - many, many delicious things come before sweets! Granted, I do like having cake like twice a year and good heavens waffle biscuits are divine, but if I had to lose sweet things from my consumable repertoire, I wouldn't be that bothered to be honest. The sweeter something is the more intolerable it becomes!

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Oh, and your boyfriend will forever be your small, golden-chested bird in my mind... :3

Tehehe, the first one is so silly. Also, Snel Hest...
    Hehehe, thanks to your picture it's what I think as well!

The guys who do these are brilliant. What's Snel Hest?

I have had my ears flushed.

I CAN HEAR EVERYTHING.
    ZOOZIE CAN YOU HEAR MEEEE

but please don't hear my thoughts.

I'll sleep properly when I no longer have any schoolwork to attend to.

*nod* Well, I don't know if I've eaten at what you'd consider "proper" Indian food or not, but what I've had was pretty damn hot. (not so much to make the food inedible, but enough to deter everyone but myself from eating the hot stuff).

Well, mostly I've just got more family than you do, I think. A larger volume of drama is to be expected. I will say that this only concerns new developments (or things that were present before but have yet to have much of an impact) since I've been gone - there are plenty of other things that were going on before I left.

Have you ever had spicy brownies? They are possibly the best dessert I've ever eaten - an excellent mix of spicy and sweet. Very good stuff. I might bug my stepmom for a recipe at some point...
    I can't wait for the time when exam season starts... We'll see how you'll be then.

After hearing about all the cool food that my best friend got on her trip to India with her school, I've been longing to get proper Indian food... *gazes to the sky and lets out a longing sigh*

Oh, I have a big load of family, it's just that we don't really communicate with the larger part unless there's a wedding or a funeral. I know that my relatives that live in the east have a whole bunch of shenanigans going on, as well as my grandma's siblings around the west, but we're able to stay out of them due to living somewhere completely else.

Ooh, spicy brownies... I want to try these some day, sound awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    My brother once managed to break his (then) future wife's car by putting gasoline in rather than diesel.
    Ack, that's a classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

12. - Top - End - #972
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    I just had the oddest homework assignment I have yet had:

Write a page.

No topic specified, no limit on how many topics. I checked, and there was no accidental omission. So I did a bit on My Precepts (as in "that's 'Fancy' for Principles," not sure why I put it that way) and then a bunch of questions.

I'm now starting to worry about it, because the first class of that (not including the first-day where it's basically just passing out the syllabus and such) was "everybody take these four personality tests". Self-consciousness and worry abound.
    I sense a government conspiracy!

I think those guidelines would be most preferable.
    Heh, yeah. For most people, it isn't quite as important to get the perfect lighting in their room as just living a nice and comfortable life without too much hassle with the details. You should only really bother with the physics if you're trying to light up something highly complicated or just hugely into Feng Shui...

Thank you, I shall check them out. See what works.
    Also, I just now realised that I no less than twice put the Imgur link inside [IMG] tags... *facepalm*

Heh, I would say yes to a degree. We haven't even done much of her dungeon yet. I can't wait to see what else lies in store.
    Be sure to tell us if something exciting happens! :3

It is basically the same with me for sadness, though in anger I do prefer to be left alone. I usually calm pretty quickly though so not very long alone.
    Yeah, I tend to seek a lot of solitude both when sad and angry, but I think a hug would mean lot nevertheless...

And yes please do. This advice is for when I hit terminal sads, though hoping that does not happen, and I require that good people know this because I will unlikely remember when in the grip of ubersad. Again, hoping that does not happen.
    Yeah, I would very much prefer everyone to be happy, but it's good to have backup plans for when things go haywire nevertheless... :3

Hehe...okay then flight it is. Arrival in Sweden will take quite some time though.
    Hehehe, yeah. Heavier-than-air flight is useful, because as soon as you manage to actually get airborne, maintaining a high speed is much easier than on the ground. You'd still only manage something along the lines of a 20th of the speed of a commercial airliner, though, so expect a few weeks of continual flying to get here...

Oh, and did I mention that there's an Atlantic pond in the way? I hope you can stay aloft for long without landing...

Oh dear, that sounds very unfun. We will both be sure to eliminate all vile parasites and detritus within our chambers this week then!
    Nah, my room is actually pretty easy to hoover, so that's okay. I'm just lazy and don't do it very often...

Hmm doesn't seem so here.
    Well, I think it was a temporary issue, possibly caused by an erroneous version being cached at an inopportune moment, because now it's gone away for me as well...

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    UNDERSTOOD!
    Heh, now I imagine TaiLs as a military private screaming in the face of Zodi the drill sergeant... ;3

Today, my bio teacher forgot about me and left me alone on the beach. During class.

I don't even...
    Heh, that sounds no little absent-minded. Good thing it sorted itself out... :3

ION: Guys, remember that massive project worth 50% of my Honors History grade last year, that I started doing the night before it was due with all my planning thrown out the window because I hadn't noticed a requirement invalidating what I had planned? The one that was due the day after school finished as to date has been the only school project I've ever stayed up through the night to work on?

I just got it back. 100/100

**** yes.
    If you try to say anything about not being smart after this, I'm going to come over1, wrap up that project of yours and hit you in the head with it repeatedly until you take it back!

1There may be up to a 1-year delay

Are you sure? I can't recall exactly, but I always assumed it was either a turtle or a tortoise...
    Indeed. Screen savers were so much more fun in those days... Nowadays the options are so limiting and uninteresting. But I'll live because I have more exciting things to do on my computer these days. However, I should see if I can get the old maze somehow, just for nostalgia.
    Yes, I'm pretty sure. I'm a bit iffy on the details on whether the rat disappeared if you hit it, but I know for sure that it had me imagine that we were a cat running around in the maze, and that wouldn't make sense if the rat was a tortoise...

Given, it wasn't of the best resolution, so it's highly likely that someone of us may've mistaken it for something else. After all, you didn't even see it in most mazes, as it always was somewhere else (but you could track it if you turned on the map)...

Well, it made sense in my head. I considered something even more obscure, but then I realised that that would be pointless and crazy.
    It makes sense to me as well, it just took me a while to draw the connection...

Oh, and before I proceed, I should point out the difference between "compliment" and "complement". A compliment is an expression of praise or admiration, a complement is something that makes something else perfect or complete. They're very similar which is why most people who speak English can't remember either.
    I made a conscious effort to pick the right one, and yet I mixed them up? *facepalm*

No problem. I have always been fond of such pictures and you create with a quality to them that is difficult to articulate into words.
    Naw, thanks! :3

In related news: Yes. My experiments indicate that things taste better, and smell better, when served in a glass vessel. I would like to thank Kneenibble for giving me an excuse for getting the glassware out.
    What type of vessels do you use as a reference? I can understand plastic or metal, as well as wood and leather (but those are uncommon), but porcelein or glazed earthenware shouldn't be too different if that's what you're using...

As for the matter of the bureaucratic difficulty. A misplaces letter was behind the whole thing. Everything has been sorted out most amicably.
    That's great! :3

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Hehehe, thanks to your picture it's what I think as well!
    :3

The guys who do these are brilliant. What's Snel Hest?
    A Swedish meme which raged a three or four years ago. I don't know where it came from, but I think this is the original picture...

Last edited by Teddy; 2013-09-12 at 07:33 AM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

13. - Top - End - #973
    Colossus in the Playground

ZOOZIE CAN YOU HEAR MEEEE

but please don't hear my thoughts.
    I can hear you, and you don't have to yell XP

I can only hear thoughts if I put my ear up to your forehead, don't worry

14. - Top - End - #974
    Ogre in the Playground

Good late morning everybody.

Well, yesterday I had a full day of volunteer work, and today is the day for my last appointment before my schedule calms down.

Anyways, what else has been happening with me?

- I actually somehow managed to get my little sister to read The Hobbit.

- I had a piece of cinnamon burst bread. Yummy.

- It has been rained for the past few days. So at least I can take a break from watering the plants!

So, how are you guys doing?

15. - Top - End - #975

I have weeded the part of the garden where the compost was sitting. Aphids are not good to breathe. And I cannot move the weeds yet. When I pulled up the weeds with aphids I dropped them and went away to get better air. When I came back I saw a blue insect case on the leaves. The case has seven spots. It's going to be a ladybug. I don't want to throw ladybugs out. They have plenty to eat here. So there is a pile of pulled weeds in the middle of my garden.

I did not see the praying mantises but we have those too. They are cute when they are the size of a fingernail. Now they are bigger than a finger. Not as cute. But cuter than the spider the size of a quarter with four yellow dots on its black belly that set up a huge Halloween web and I almost put my face through it.

I found a dead dragonfly in the backyard with its head cut off and laying next to it. That's not normal. Normal dead dragonflies are just dead and whole. The head doesn't fall off first.

I also found in the backyard a fancy coin from a church event. Not a fancy coin but I don't know what to call it. It's not money and it isn't valuable. It is big and heavy and fun to flip so I think kids were playing with it in another back yard and just flipped it too hard. But how do I go around and ask people on another street about what church they go to? That's not church to do. I don't think just asking them if they gave their kids a fancy coin to play with is going to work.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

16. - Top - End - #976

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    praying mantises

I found a dead dragonfly in the backyard with its head cut off
    I think these two things are linked somehow. JUST A GUESS.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Troll in the Playground

I can hear you, and you don't have to yell XP

I can only hear thoughts if I put my ear up to your forehead, don't worry
    ARE YOU SURE

W-well I suppose it's good you're not in a short distance f-from me...

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeburn View Post
    Well, yesterday I had a full day of volunteer work, and today is the day for my last appointment before my schedule calms down.

Ooh, what kind of volunteer work if I may ask?

I'm tired and hungry. Need to go to the shop... I feel like having some crisps, mmh. And ice cream. Yeah. Tonight's an ice cream night.

I think these two things are linked somehow. JUST A GUESS.
    "Detective Zoozie at your service" ...
    Last edited by FinnLassie; 2013-09-12 at 02:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

18. - Top - End - #978
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AllIHaveIsCrunk View Post
    Just imagine me with a post bag. Inside the post bag is swagger.
    This idea gets even better.

I will wholeheartedly ignore your disagreement, wee Hal. Because, in fact, sweet food is the most inferior thing that this planet holds - many, many delicious things come before sweets! Granted, I do like having cake like twice a year and good heavens waffle biscuits are divine, but if I had to lose sweet things from my consumable repertoire, I wouldn't be that bothered to be honest. The sweeter something is the more intolerable it becomes!

Ooh, spicy brownies... I want to try these some day, sound awesome.
    Awe this idea makes me sad. I quite enjoy sweetness, it is connected to a lot of my cherished memories. Though I can concede there is a certain point where too much sweetness is had and yes, it does taste overbearing. I could easily live without sweets, but I would likely be ubersad for a few weeks or months at first.

However I do remember one type of taste that I do prefer to sweet. Salty! It makes me think of roasted chicken, top ramen noodles, and some pastas. Hail to saltyness! Though again that is another thing where too much is too much.

Hmm well I shall remember then to inform you when I plan to make the spicy brownies then, so I shall not be alone in trying them out. Somehow.

Heh, yeah. For most people, it isn't quite as important to get the perfect lighting in their room as just living a nice and comfortable life without too much hassle with the details. You should only really bother with the physics if you're trying to light up something highly complicated or just hugely into Feng Shui...
    Ha that does sound like me, keep my lighting simple. I don't know the first thing about Feng Shui, I just want my room to represent me. Not doing well though with that closet, but I do have game posters and a ceramic wreath of bears with a sign saying "I <3 Bears". That's at least a bit of me.

Also, I just now realised that I no less than twice put the Imgur link inside [IMG] tags... *facepalm*
    Heh I thought something was odd about that. Still, by quoting you I saw what site you meant, so it's no big deal.

Be sure to tell us if something exciting happens! :3
    Well alright then. I'll let all of you know how many PC's we lose this time.

Yeah, I tend to seek a lot of solitude both when sad and angry, but I think a hug would mean lot nevertheless...
    It's true, hugs are good. But everyone has their own ways. And I prefer not to be engaged when angry, mostly so I don't say anything cruel that I will regret. Still, my anger does pass quickly. I bet most people here would have a hard time thinking of me as a person that is easy to anger, but it's true.

Yeah, I would very much prefer everyone to be happy, but it's good to have backup plans for when things go haywire nevertheless... :3
    Yes, it is just being prepared!

Hehehe, yeah. Heavier-than-air flight is useful, because as soon as you manage to actually get airborne, maintaining a high speed is much easier than on the ground. You'd still only manage something along the lines of a 20th of the speed of a commercial airliner, though, so expect a few weeks of continual flying to get here...

Oh, and did I mention that there's an Atlantic pond in the way? I hope you can stay aloft for long without landing...
    Heh okay so it will be very difficult. See why I thought of teleportation first?

Nah, my room is actually pretty easy to hoover, so that's okay. I'm just lazy and don't do it very often...
    True, who really like cleaning their room? However mine has a very unfinished wood floor that needs work on, and the aforementioned terrible closet of books, papers and paraphernalia. Gotta do something with some of that.

Well, I think it was a temporary issue, possibly caused by an erroneous version being cached at an inopportune moment, because now it's gone away for me as well...
    Yeah, well as long as it worked out eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeburn View Post
    Good late morning everybody.

Anyways, what else has been happening with me?

- I actually somehow managed to get my little sister to read The Hobbit.

- I had a piece of cinnamon burst bread. Yummy.

- It has been rained for the past few days. So at least I can take a break from watering the plants!

Good morning Drake! Oh man am I envious of that rain. We need it up here desperately. It's been hot and ucky and so I have stayed mostly in my home, which leads to a slight feeling of coopedness. On the other hand I'm never bored. Talking to people here, schoolwork, D&D work, and other games. My time can be easily filled. So that is how I am doing.

Also, what is cinnamon burst bread? It sounds delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    I have weeded the part of the garden where the compost was sitting. Aphids are not good to breathe. And I cannot move the weeds yet. When I pulled up the weeds with aphids I dropped them and went away to get better air. When I came back I saw a blue insect case on the leaves. The case has seven spots. It's going to be a ladybug. I don't want to throw ladybugs out. They have plenty to eat here. So there is a pile of pulled weeds in the middle of my garden.

I did not see the praying mantises but we have those too. They are cute when they are the size of a fingernail. Now they are bigger than a finger. Not as cute. But cuter than the spider the size of a quarter with four yellow dots on its black belly that set up a huge Halloween web and I almost put my face through it.

I found a dead dragonfly in the backyard with its head cut off and laying next to it. That's not normal. Normal dead dragonflies are just dead and whole. The head doesn't fall off first.

I also found in the backyard a fancy coin from a church event. Not a fancy coin but I don't know what to call it. It's not money and it isn't valuable. It is big and heavy and fun to flip so I think kids were playing with it in another back yard and just flipped it too hard. But how do I go around and ask people on another street about what church they go to? That's not church to do. I don't think just asking them if they gave their kids a fancy coin to play with is going to work.
    Hmm sounds like some good work done! Be proud of Taet everyone!

Aww poor dragonfly! But yeah, Zodi may be right about the circumstances behind that one, maybe.

Uh-huh...odd. I didn't know churches gave out coins. None of the ones I ever went to did. I wish you well with handling that situation, because I have absolutely no clue what to do in that case.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #979

So, my manly ELB is off to his second-to-last TKD class before going for his . . . black prelim grading, and he pops in to say something to Bees before he's off, and he's in with me chatting (speaking at me) and both listening to 'Oh Happy Day' from Sister Act, and he pretty much drops everything he's doing (he's got five minutes before class starts) to mouth along to the song, looking happy as a clam.
    ELB: owns two dozen or so musicals, a score of zombie films, collects 40k minis and mags, loves fantasy novels, Disney films, anime and gaming - to the point where he's famous on his TOR server - and cultivates a badass beard and can kick people's arses with ease.
    He's awesome, cool with himself, and knows it.

Jammy sod.

EDIT: I totes didn't forget he had a preim before he real grading, honest.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2013-09-12 at 02:20 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

20. - Top - End - #980

ARE YOU SURE

W-well I suppose it's good you're not in a short distance f-from me...

"Detective Zoozie at your service" ...
    Yup, I'm pretty sure

Hmm, now I'm curious what your thoughts may hide
    Though don't worry, I won't utilize my power or anything.

Sherlock Zodihomes!

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    So, my manly ELB is off to his second-to-last TKD class before going for his . . . black prelim grading, and he pops in to say something to Bees before he's off, and he's in with me chatting (speaking at me) and both listening to 'Oh Happy Day' from Sister Act, and he pretty much drops everything he's doing (he's got five minutes before class starts) to mouth along to the song, looking happy as a clam.
    ELB: owns two dozen or so musicals, a score of zombie films, collects 40k minis and mags, loves fantasy novels, Disney films, anime and gaming - to the point where he's famous on his TOR server - and cultivates a badass beard and can kick people's arses with ease.
    He's awesome, cool with himself, and knows it.

Jammy sod.

EDIT: I totes didn't forget he had a preim before he real grading, honest.
    I've gotta ask, what's an ELB? Also, good luck to him and stuff!

21. - Top - End - #981

NecromancerGuy

Elder little Brother, IIRC. Most likely the middle-ish child?

A Swedish meme which raged a three or four years ago. I don't know where it came from, but I think this is the original picture...

Am... Am I supposed to want to lay into that and hack it to bits with some kind of axe or sword?
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2013-09-12 at 03:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

22. - Top - End - #982
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I've been to so many concerts this year. *flails desperately*

Spoiler
    Show
    • Bad Religion - April 4th
    • Bayside - May 26th
    • Alkaline Trio - May 26th
    • Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers - June 28th
    • Paul McCartney - July 14th
    • twenty one pilots - September 11th
    • Panic! at the Disco - September 11th
    • Fall Out Boy - September 11th
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

23. - Top - End - #983
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    I've been to so many concerts this year. *flails desperately*

Spoiler
    Show
    • Bad Religion - April 4th
    • Bayside - May 26th
    • Alkaline Trio - May 26th
    • Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers - June 28th
    • Paul McCartney - July 14th
    • twenty one pilots - September 11th
    • Panic! at the Disco - September 11th
    • Fall Out Boy - September 11th
    Nice! Which was your favorite?

ION: I WANT MY CHICKENS TO LAY EGGS WHY AREN'T THEY LAYING EGGSSSS.....
    Last edited by Cuthalion; 2013-09-12 at 03:07 PM.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

24. - Top - End - #984

Nice! Which was your favorite?

ION: I WANT MY CHICKENS TO LAY EGGS WHY AREN'T THEY LAYING EGGSSSS.....
    Because summer's almost over and as such the chicken's are out of eggs? Like, I mean, I'm PRETTY sure that chicken's don't try to mate during winter, so no need to create eggs.

25. - Top - End - #985
    Troll in the Playground

Because summer's almost over and as such the chicken's are out of eggs? Like, I mean, I'm PRETTY sure that chicken's don't try to mate during winter, so no need to create eggs.
    No... they're still pullets, but one has a big comb and nice red wattles. It's been 22 weeks, and there's about to be an egg, because she's also squatting, but.... gah! I. Am. Impatient....
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

26. - Top - End - #986

He's doing pretty well, and is fairly confident that he'll pass his prelim and get onto the grading proper in a few months.

Elder little Brother, IIRC. Most likely the middle-ish child?
    Yep, and he's second of four. In order there's Curly (me), ELB (because I can't think of another name for him), Bees (formerly LB (Littlest Brother)) and then the Sister. It's hard to be a middle child with even numbers.

Am... Am I supposed to want to lay into that and hack it to bits with some kind of axe or sword?
    Yes, you are. Possibly with your eyes squeezed shut and squeaking like a small female child when faced with a giant spider in the bathroom sink.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

27. - Top - End - #987

No... they're still pullets, but one has a big comb and nice red wattles. It's been 22 weeks, and there's about to be an egg, because she's also squatting, but.... gah! I. Am. Impatient....
    Ahh, okay. I...don't know what the comb and wattles has to do with anything, but sounds neat!

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    He's doing pretty well, and is fairly confident that he'll pass his prelim and get onto the grading proper in a few months.

Yep, and he's second of four. In order there's Curly (me), ELB (because I can't think of another name for him), Bees (formerly LB (Littlest Brother)) and then the Sister. It's hard to be a middle child with even numbers.
    That's good! Also, yay for finding out what things are

28. - Top - End - #988
    Titan in the Playground

Ha that does sound like me, keep my lighting simple. I don't know the first thing about Feng Shui, I just want my room to represent me. Not doing well though with that closet, but I do have game posters and a ceramic wreath of bears with a sign saying "I <3 Bears". That's at least a bit of me.
    Heh, yeah, all I know of Feng Shui is what I've learned from the rules book of the eponymous roleplaying game...

Also...
    Not doing well though with that closet, but I do have game posters and a ceramic wreath of bears with a sign saying "I <3 Bears". That's at least a bit of me.
    a ceramic wreath of bears with a sign saying "I <3 Bears"
    :3

Heh I thought something was odd about that. Still, by quoting you I saw what site you meant, so it's no big deal.
    Yeah, hardly the whole world, but it's amazing how easily sidetracked one's mind may be at times. I mean, if just thinking of the name Imgur is enough to reroute thinking of the [URL] button to click the [IMG] button instead...

Well alright then. I'll let all of you know how many PC's we lose this time.
    Yay! :3

It's true, hugs are good. But everyone has their own ways. And I prefer not to be engaged when angry, mostly so I don't say anything cruel that I will regret. Still, my anger does pass quickly. I bet most people here would have a hard time thinking of me as a person that is easy to anger, but it's true.
    Hehehe, yeah, I can't quite make myself a mental image of you being angry...

Yes, it is just being prepared!
    Yup!

Heh okay so it will be very difficult. See why I thought of teleportation first?
    Hehehe...

True, who really like cleaning their room? However mine has a very unfinished wood floor that needs work on, and the aforementioned terrible closet of books, papers and paraphernalia. Gotta do something with some of that.
    Well, it's quite satisfying to do, but it's not something I want to do often...

Well, the name "Snel Hest" is actually an intentional misspelling of "snäll häst", which translates to "nice horse" (nice in the sense of being good), so do with that whatever you want...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

29. - Top - End - #989

NecromancerGuy

Ahh, okay. I...don't know what the comb and wattles has to do with anything, but sounds neat!
    Sexual maturity, I believe. Or at least a different life stage. IIRC, pullets are juvenile chickens of the female persuasion, though it depends on whether you're talking about egg-laying or age, since they either become hens when they start laying eggs or when they turn 1 year old.

Well, the name "Snel Hest" is actually an intentional misspelling of "snäll häst", which translates to "nice horse" (nice in the sense of being good), so do with that whatever you want...
    ...I don't know what Jak er means, but it sounds dirty and I don't want to do it to any horse, especially not a nice horse. Especially since there's no such thing as a nice horse. Bad horses? Yeah, those exist.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2013-09-12 at 03:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

30. - Top - End - #990

Dang now this I find to be very fortuitous. Did it just happen to be that way, or did you choose the school for that reason? Either way I am very jealous. We have a lake but it is a fair distance from my old high school and at the moment is more of a large pond than a lake.
    Why would I pick a school based on it being close to a nice location? But no, t'was incidental. I live on a narrow peninsula, there is basically only one direction to go in order to not walk into water within a mile at most. My old school was situated downtown, in our two-street wide downtown, which is only ever two blocks away from the water at any time. It's actually a bit of a problem, they had to move the police station because it was in danger of falling into the bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    My silly nickname is 'Skeep', or at least that's what a few of you tend to call me. I don't even remember where or when that started, to be honest.
    <raises hand> Started it. I am the silly nicknamer!

If you try to say anything about not being smart after this, I'm going to come over1, wrap up that project of yours and hit you in the head with it repeatedly until you take it back!

1There may be up to a 1-year delay
    Oh please. Only an idiot would have procrastinated for that long.

ION: Oh significant figures, how I hate thee. I'd be counting the ways, but I'm tired enough of any form of numbers at all by now.

IOON: MoonCat went to school today with bells on. Literally.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show