New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Dallas-Dakota's Dastardly and Devious Dancing Debate of Random Banter #198

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    The song is Moonbow, from Finnish neofolk band Nest. I'll be raving about Nest a lot for a while. Nest is spine-tinglingly good.
    Feyfey, stop knowing more Finnish bands than I do!
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Dallas-Dakota's Dastardly and Devious Dancing Debate of Random Banter #198

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Feyfey, stop knowing more Finnish bands than I do!
    Impossible

Unless you want to come over here and lobotomise me I'd personally advise against that, though.

Well, *I* can't help it. As I've said before; Finns make good music.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    ION: An update on my grandmother - I got a call last night from my father that she passed away. The world lost a wonderful woman today. Thank you for your well wishes, Elemental and Tailiu.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Me, too, which is the reason I haven't been in the mood to stop by these parts since Monday. Getting better, pokemon is helping.
    My continuing condolences to the both of you. I don't really have anything else to say apart from that...

So today, I went to the shops with Mynxae and my sister. Predominantly, the reasons behind our trip was because I promised Mynxae I'd buy him clothing in exchange for him mowing the lawn. However, I also bought myself a shirt and a very nice grey tie. I was going to buy some flannelette shirts, as inspired by Coidzor, but it's the wrong season for them.
    Plus, in addition, I considered future decorating plans and purchased a large, illustrated book on birds. Mynxae also purchased for himself the necessary electronic device such that he may get photos off his phone with ease, so as a result, I am taking a certain photo as I type this post. Apologies for the lateness of it, but here it is:
    And Mynxae forgot the device... One moment while I try not to get killed by the cat this time.
    Spoiler
    Show

Unfortunately, the lighting wasn't able to show the full range of colours, I'd need Sunlight for that, and it is far too late for that.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    No, it is not childish. It is right to feel indignant annoyance or a similar emotion at them changing such a great character.
    Here, here!

I hope you very much enjoy both games. RE 5 is great, well I think so at least. The zombie killing is well done here.
    I'd love it more if I had someone to play it with. I only play the game with another person, because I prefere the comraderie. Same reason I've never gotten to play my borderlands game.

ION: Hi everybody! Just reading school lesson stuff today. Finally caught up on sleep last night, so I feel pretty good. Planning to make taco burgers tonight. Who was it here who taught me of this great idea again? I owe much thanks. Other than that, preparing for this weekends D&D game. A jailbreak, some general roleplay, and exploration of a deep dark castle. That last one is being run by one of the players, training in DMness, and I shall be playing. The second dungeon she has made, and I am terrified. The first was near the end of our last campaign, and we had to try to tackle it 3 times due to repeated character deaths. And we have entered this castle once so far. Had to leave since our brawler was critted by a vicious man-eating plant. So this should be a fun weekend.
    Hiiii. Yes, that was me with the taco burgers! How did they turn out? Much welcome. I was going to have my D & D session yesterday, but with my grandmother I had to cancel, for obvious reasons. Still, I'm sad that we didn't get to play. We're at a major plot point and had to cancel last minute for the last two scheduled sessions. Very excited to see their "Oh ****" faces. Next time I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    So, zombies that are shooting?:small tongue:
    Actually, they do shoot! They have crossbows, bows and arrows, dynamite, and spears they throw...not to mention gross goo or what not. I consequently answer with a shot gun. Because a shotgun can solve every problem. Or at least end it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Well, I may have had to move furniture around for half an hour in order to plug my computer in, but I am now officially moved in! Classes start Monday, and play auditions start two days after that. Fun times ahead!
    Ah, college move in. That was so long ago now for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    So today, I went to the shops with Mynxae and my sister. Predominantly, the reasons behind our trip was because I promised Mynxae I'd buy him clothing in exchange for him mowing the lawn. However, I also bought myself a shirt and a very nice grey tie. I was going to buy some flannelette shirts, as inspired by Coidzor, but it's the wrong season for them.
    Plus, in addition, I considered future decorating plans and purchased a large, illustrated book on birds.
    How is Mynxae? I haven't seen him in awhile gracing the forums. Bartering is not dead! *arm pump* Now if I could only paint a picture for a white gold engagement ring setting... The bird book sounds cool.

Everyone
    Thank you for your words of kindness. It's people like you that make these forums what they are - a place to hang my hat and enjoy coming back to. I appreciate all the hugs and support. I'm doing a spot better today, but it's been touch and go. My girlfriend surprised me with dinner when I came back from visiting my Poppop, who is pretty upset at this whole thing.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm, I suddenly realised that I've reached the stage of my life where my different circles of friends suddenly are starting to intertwine. Just today, I noticed that a family friend of ours responded to a game giveaway request posed by a friend of mine from grade 7-9, and one of my high school (equivalent) classmates seems to be in a relationship with a classmate of mine from preschool to grade 6, and I've noticed signs of the same earlier as well. I guess I've just lived here for so long that my roots are starting to fill the proverbial flower pot that is this town...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

How is Mynxae? I haven't seen him in awhile gracing the forums.
    If anything I've been lurking on the odd occasion. Went through a lot of stress and emotional stuff in the past few weeks so I haven't really been on GITP much.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

How is Mynxae? I haven't seen him in awhile gracing the forums. Bartering is not dead! *arm pump* Now if I could only paint a picture for a white gold engagement ring setting... The bird book sounds cool.

Thank you for your words of kindness. It's people like you that make these forums what they are - a place to hang my hat and enjoy coming back to. I appreciate all the hugs and support. I'm doing a spot better today, but it's been touch and go. My girlfriend surprised me with dinner when I came back from visiting my Poppop, who is pretty upset at this whole thing.
    Mynxae is very much not dead. At least as far as I can determine... Perhaps I should check to see if the nerves are working in his neck...
    Well... I did offer to straight up pay him. But no, he wanted to drag me to the shops, and then tried to change the deal because he didn't want to face the consequences. I showed him for trying to get out of buying a second pair of pants...
    Hmm... Have you considered sketching it and/or putting it together using a computer programme?
    It is. There are many illustrations, straight from the original 1931 edition! Naturally, this one is revised.

There are some who say one's home is where one hangs one's hat, but those people tend to live in wardrobes and on little pegs. Humorous quotes from Lemony Snicket aside, the sentiment is very much appreciated by us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Hmm, I suddenly realised that I've reached the stage of my life where my different circles of friends suddenly are starting to intertwine. Just today, I noticed that a family friend of ours responded to a game giveaway request posed by a friend of mine from grade 7-9, and one of my high school (equivalent) classmates seems to be in a relationship with a classmate of mine from preschool to grade 6, and I've noticed signs of the same earlier as well. I guess I've just lived here for so long that my roots are starting to fill the proverbial flower pot that is this town...
    To be fair, Uppsala isn't the biggest place out there, so you are bound to eventually recognise people's names. I for one have lost contact with almost everyone from school, but that is likely because I never go out and don't socially network.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    If anything I've been lurking on the odd occasion. Went through a lot of stress and emotional stuff in the past few weeks so I haven't really been on GITP much.
    Hmm... I was right, you are alive!
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm... I was right, you are alive!
    I'm right next to you, you dingus.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

MYNXAE! Good to see you! Sorry to hear about these things. This summer hasn't really treated me well, myself...(winter for you?)

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

To be fair, Uppsala isn't the biggest place out there, so you are bound to eventually recognise people's names. I for one have lost contact with almost everyone from school, but that is likely because I never go out and don't socially network.
    Yeah, we're a good 200'000 and some, but yeah, it's a rather small town, and I've lived here for all my life, as have many of my friends, so it's no wonder that it's happening now.

Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, we're a good 200'000 and some, but yeah, it's a rather small town, and I've lived here for all my life, as have many of my friends, so it's no wonder that it's happening now.
    I believe I've heard this issue refered to as a "fishbowl". I've had this experience on a much smaller scale when working at a christian campground I've been going to since I was born.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

12. - Top - End - #102
    Colossus in the Playground

*looks around with hair all messed up and still wearing the dress from last night*

I... What...

Well, that was a good night then, I suppose.
    Oh my, sounds like someone had some fun

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Ahh, okay. Also they aren't aliens, though I can see why you'd think as such. The idea is that they're some kind of horrifying parasite thing. Natural creature mutated by SCIENCE.
    Ah yes, Science! I forgot about that, somehow...

World Building Projects:
    Magic

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh how I hate moving, and I've never even done it before!

Are you certain? He might prefer to sleep standing up. You will have to ask him when he arrives.
    It's more tiring than annoying, unless you've got to do it with annoying people. Thankfully, I was the only person moving, so it was relatively easy. Had I gotten any sleep beforehand, I might have even enjoyed it.

Well, perhaps he does, but he seems like a reasonable person, and all of the reasonable people I know prefer sleeping on a bed.

I might be a bit too derpy at the moment to realise this might actually hurt in the morn!
    *snicker*

Well, that was a good night then, I suppose.
    Glad you had fun.

Listening to a song I just got.

The song opens up with an amplified recording of a cat's purr. It's amazing what that sound does to you. I just slowly melted in my chair into a big, contented, relaxed puddle.

The song is Moonbow, from Finnish neofolk band Nest. I'll be raving about Nest a lot for a while. Nest is spine-tinglingly good.
    *blank stare* ...that sounds awesome.

*looks up song*

Any other songs by them you'd recommend?

Spoiler
    Show
    Interesting... it's much darker than I was imagining it. Still, fancy.

Just so you know, 200,000 people is not a small town at all. Not even remotely close.
    A few odds and ends.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm right next to you, you dingus.
    You should sic the cat on him.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

I believe I've heard this issue refered to as a "fishbowl". I've had this experience on a much smaller scale when working at a christian campground I've been going to since I was born.
    I kinda fail to see what the problem part of this is...

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Just so you know, 200,000 people is not a small town at all. Not even remotely close.
    Heh, well, it isn't really small per se, seeing how we're the fourth largest city in Sweden and so on, but this town feels much smaller in spirit, and it's not very city-esque at all).

Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

*blank stare* ...that sounds awesome.

*looks up song*

Any other songs by them you'd recommend?
    Well... all of them

Last Vestige of Old Joy is pretty good; with John Haughm of Agalloch on guest vocals.

Hunt is interesting, with a sort of almost black metally distortion.

There's a song called Otterheart which is nondescript and quiet, but I just find it very soothing and floaty.

It's all just so good

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    I learned a new "word" recently:

Liginamite
    I had to watch that, wow that was strange.

Here, here!

I'd love it more if I had someone to play it with. I only play the game with another person, because I prefere the comraderie. Same reason I've never gotten to play my borderlands game.

Hiiii. Yes, that was me with the taco burgers! How did they turn out? Much welcome. I was going to have my D & D session yesterday, but with my grandmother I had to cancel, for obvious reasons. Still, I'm sad that we didn't get to play. We're at a major plot point and had to cancel last minute for the last two scheduled sessions. Very excited to see their "Oh ****" faces. Next time I hope.
    I know right? Why oh why would they change the beloved cookie monster? It's like taking Pikachu and turning him in a rapping mouse about how to be a good kid...no thank you.

I would gladly join you in the game were it possible. Sadly, leaving this area is usually quite difficult. But I know what you mean, the AI isn't great, especially at some later parts. I enjoy playing as Sheva. Her kicking melee attacks look so cool.

They came out great! My grandma and I loved them, and now it has motivated me to look up more recipes online and try my hand at much more cooking. Used tomato and salsa and shredded cheese for extra taco-ness. The cheese actually said that it was for taco use on the bag. I am still sorry for the overall sad situation, but hope you and your friend have fun come your next session. Should be doing D&D stuff tomorrow with friends, and hopefully no one will will get crushed by vicious plants this time.

It is such a strange thing to see, isn't it? When all my friends started to know my other friends I was getting really confused. It all worked out though, mostly. I'd love for my friends in the area to meet all of you though!

Eh, 200,000...my town is nowhere near that size. Maybe if you took all 6 surrounding towns and put them together...might get there. I live in a very small community all in this one valley, so the fishbowl mentioned fits here absolutely.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

19. - Top - End - #109

Oh, hey, for those of you curious, ear situation!

I have a massive throat infection, which may of spread to the ear. And my ear is clogged pretty badly with wax and blood. So I'm taking antibiotics, to clear the throat. Then when that's done, I am to pour olive oil into my ear for four days, and once THAT'S all done, then we can get my ear flushed.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

I have a massive throat infection, which may of spread to the ear. And my ear is clogged pretty badly with wax and blood. So I'm taking antibiotics, to clear the throat. Then when that's done, I am to pour olive oil into my ear for four days, and once THAT'S all done, then we can get my ear flushed.
    PM sent. stuff

21. - Top - End - #111

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    PM sent. stuff
    I should clarify. I mean "maybe some blood". I say that because (as mentioned in my PM response) that a doctor told me you can get small blood mixed in with ear wax due to the inevitable stresses and touches to the inner ear, ie by putting your damned finger in it. It's just a thing that happens. This has happened to me before after all

Additionally I'd be in intense pain if it was as serious as a burst eardrum
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2013-08-23 at 11:46 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

Impossible

Unless you want to come over here and lobotomise me I'd personally advise against that, though.

Well, *I* can't help it. As I've said before; Finns make good music.
    I actually bothered myself to listen to the song and realised I've heard it a year or two back, just never looked much further into the band.

Finns are perfection. All heil Finnish music.

Oh my, sounds like someone had some fun
    I uh, I might have... Uh... What makes you have this expression? *rolls eyes*

Also *hugs*, hope you get well soon!

Had I gotten any sleep beforehand, I might have even enjoyed it.

*snicker*

Glad you had fun.
    Well, no one told you that you have to stay up all night and only sleep for 1 hour, you know.

Hey, hey, no laughing!

Ceilidhs are always a pile of good fun... This time there actually might be an accessible video to it...
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

23. - Top - End - #113

I uh, I might have... Uh... What makes you have this expression? *rolls eyes*

Also *hugs*, hope you get well soon!
    Thanks *Hugs*

Also, because your words implied something..."interesting" happened

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

I know right? Why oh why would they change the beloved cookie monster? It's like taking Pikachu and turning him in a rapping mouse about how to be a good kid...no thank you.

I would gladly join you in the game were it possible. Sadly, leaving this area is usually quite difficult. But I know what you mean, the AI isn't great, especially at some later parts. I enjoy playing as Sheva. Her kicking melee attacks look so cool.

They came out great! My grandma and I loved them, and now it has motivated me to look up more recipes online and try my hand at much more cooking. Used tomato and salsa and shredded cheese for extra taco-ness. The cheese actually said that it was for taco use on the bag. I am still sorry for the overall sad situation, but hope you and your friend have fun come your next session. Should be doing D&D stuff tomorrow with friends, and hopefully no one will will get crushed by vicious plants this time.
    Oh god, no.

If you had an online connection, a Xbox Live membership and an XBOX360, we might be able to. Otherwise, yeah, likely not an option.

Yes! Glad they came out so well, and that it's inspired you to cook more! I'd try chicken parmesian or chicken cordon bleu for other recipes that are hard to do wrong, and taste excellent.

As for D & D, its a campaign I'm running for 4 players, and this summer has not been kind to our schedule. We're a little over half done the campaign and we started last October/November range. Good luck on not getting crushed. Bring Durkon and he'll help get rid of those pesky plants.

ION: I'm excited to be doing a competitive playthrough of Majora's Mask tomorrow with a friend of mine in Montana.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

Aw... Feel better, Zodi. :\

Finns are perfection. All heil Finnish music.

Well, no one told you that you have to stay up all night and only sleep for 1 hour, you know.

Ceilidhs are always a pile of good fun... This time there actually might be an accessible video to it...
    Pfft. Swedish music is equally as good, if not better.

They did not as such, no. I wasn't actually planning on getting much sleep to begin with, so... eh.

*nods* Oooh, video!

*snicker* Heheheheheheh
    A few odds and ends.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

Sounds like a not fun process. Never heard of the olive oil in the ear thing, though. That sounds...unpleasant.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks *Hugs*

Would you like a cup of hot chocolate? *snaps the kettle on*

Well, let's just say I had far too many influencing my mind and ended up dancing with a whole bunch of people, including the college's director's son... No pressure.

Pfft. Swedish music is equally as good, if not better.

They did not as such, no. I wasn't actually planning on getting much sleep to begin with, so... eh.

*nods* Oooh, video!

*snicker* Heheheheheheh
    *stab*

That's not a good way to plan things, going with the unhealthy option first...

Well, if not video, then maybe photos. Ugh. I dunno. I need to ask around, especially about last week's photos as someone was there with a very fancy camera and I know I heard the shutter go when I was in front of that damned thing.

Go and be amused somewhere else, eejit!
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

I actually bothered myself to listen to the song and realised I've heard it a year or two back, just never looked much further into the band.
    ...dammit.

I'll just have to find even more obscure music! Aha!

29. - Top - End - #119

Would you like a cup of hot chocolate? *snaps the kettle on*

Well, let's just say I had far too many influencing my mind and ended up dancing with a whole bunch of people, including the college's director's son... No pressure.
    That sounds delicious

Ahh, okay. Just dancing, okay

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Plus, in addition, I considered future decorating plans and purchased a large, illustrated book on birds. Mynxae also purchased for himself the necessary electronic device such that he may get photos off his phone with ease, so as a result, I am taking a certain photo as I type this post. Apologies for the lateness of it, but here it is:
    And Mynxae forgot the device... One moment while I try not to get killed by the cat this time.
    Spoiler
    Show

Unfortunately, the lighting wasn't able to show the full range of colours, I'd need Sunlight for that, and it is far too late for that.
    Sounds fun!
    My girlfriend surprised me with dinner when I came back from visiting my Poppop, who is pretty upset at this whole thing.
    D'aw.
    Ah. My condolences, comrade.

Oh, my. I hope the experience isn't too painful for you!