New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Dallas-Dakota's Dastardly and Devious Dancing Debate of Random Banter #198

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Let us not say rugged, unless the Toxic Avenger be rugged.

How are you feeling now?
    XP

I'm doing good myself, thanks for asking

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dallas-Dakota's Dastardly and Devious Dancing Debate of Random Banter #198

Dimonitus is choking. Thailily! Thailily, quickly! Pour water on his hands. Give him snow to eat. Loosen his mantle. Quick! Quick! Loosen his mantle. Nay, but leave it. It is his garland that hurts him, his garland of roses. The flowers are like fire. They have burned his forehead. Tear it from his head and throw it on the table, Thailily!

Ah! You see, he can breathe now. How red those petals are! They are like stains of blood on the cloth. That does not matter. You must not find symbols in everything you see. It makes life impossible.
    On it! Super Ninja Speed Go!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    I'm not sure what this is, but it's beautiful. IRN: it's EVEN HOTTER today. Heat index is over 100 outside, and my room is essentially an oven, so I'll be staying with my sister. I already tried walking there, but since I'm the MOST directionally challenged, I walked half a mile due the wrong direction, and am now sitting in the one air-conditioned spot on campus, where the power just went out. I'm about to set out again. Wish me luck.
    Oh, my. It sounds rather tense. Good luck!
    Last edited by TaiLiu; 2013-08-26 at 03:46 PM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Oh, my. It sounds rather tense. Good luck!
    I lived! Now I am in their beautifully air-conditioned house, cool and content.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Hooray! A comfort most enjoyable!

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

My condolences, comrade. If it makes you feel better, not having government-sponsored health insurance means that you have enough money not to need it. That's good, yes?
    If only that were the case...
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Oh, I have tons of sleep-music. Newly-discovered Nest is now part of my collection.

That's pretty interesting, actually... I wonder why?
    Well, I'll start with what you mentioned tonight and I'll pester you about other things later if needed.

I have no idea. It's been going on before the war, Finns' love for coffee. I mean, during the time of rationing substitute-coffee was a huge thing as the proper stuff was too expensive and out of reach, and some people still call regular coffee with a nickname "substitute". You know you love coffee when you're willing to drink a watered down version of it made from wood bark.

I'm no coffee drinker myself... Chai tea latte's the only thing I can consume, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    I think my skin may be sensitive, because it always start to itch at the corners of my mouth for me, but yeah, it depends greatly on the pineapple...
    I'm very sensitive to a lot of things! Sometimes pineapple complete tears up my mouth and its corners. Not very nice, but it tastes diviiine.

Ah, that sounds vexing. Feel better soon!
    Thank you, Taiphoon. I hope tonight won't be as bothering. How are you, o' fair being?

It has been so long since I've had a fresh pineapple -- some six or eight weeks since the one we ate at my brother's cabin that was so sweet and so fragrant. All this talk of them has kindled a hunger in me, for the scent that puffs forth from the glistening wetness of its flesh, for the juicy flavour, and for the wet-cloth-ripping-like sound as the shiny plane of the knife descends into its body.

*makes a nest in your hair when you go to bed to preen your eyebrows and tweet silly nonsense that negates anxiety as a strong wind blows away smoke*
    Dearest Kneebs,

I prescribe you two whole pineapples to be consumed in the next four weeks. This is totally essential for your recovery. Dr Mammy Finn knows what's best for you. Get that pineapple down ya throat!

Oh, how lovely of you, my sweetest being! *feeds brambles to you* Be careful not to mess my hair this time, I might not be so keen on building an extension to your wee cottage!
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    ...I'm sad, now. (Also, I think we're brushing on rule violations...)
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Thank you, Taiphoon. I hope tonight won't be as bothering. How are you, o' fair being?
    Likewise. I am alive. And you?

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

Currently, southern Minnesota is actually warmer than Alabama and the same temperature as Texas. And it's only supposed to get warmer throughout the week. And I live at the top of a poorly-ventilated, un-air-conditioned cinder block building.

But yes, I plan on surviving.
    Just so you know, 30*C is normal for summer here. As in, 85*F-95*F is summer in VA (sans lots of rain or good luck), fullstop. Now, 100*F is a little more impressive, but that's happened a couple of times here this summer too, and we got no such warning.

The Texas people here will be laughing at you, because what you've got now is almost cool compared to what they get.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I sometimes have issues with pineapples too. The issue is that "I do not currently have pineapple inside me, and that's terrible".
    Indeed.

Hehehehehe. This reminds me, I'm feeling far too ill to go out and buy myself a pineapple. Gah. I just love buying a whole pineapple and then waiting for a day or two for it to ripen, and then cut it in bits and consume it in utter euphoria! My favourite fruit! *drools*
    Aw... Feel better, Finn. :\

What can I say, even with a broken face I know how to work it. Is it in bad taste to play up the pity angle just a little bit? It sure brought out his nurturing side.

AMADOU, DID YOU ENJOY YOUR GRAN RESERVA ROOT MARM?! YOU DIDN'T TELL ME IF YOU HAD ANY!
    *snicker* Not at all, although you can't keep me from finding it amusing that you did.

I don't remember having any, although it sounds quite delicious; you must pass me some over here after I eat dinner.

I'm very sensitive to a lot of things! Sometimes pineapple complete tears up my mouth and its corners. Not very nice, but it tastes diviiine.
    ...I've never had this problem with pineapples. Occasionally they'll be somewhat tart, but other than that, they cause no additional difficulty for my mouth.

ION: Out of necessity, I believe I'll be returning to my midnight to 8am sleep schedule... This would sadden me, but I'll enjoy the extra sleep.
    A few odds and ends.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Congratulations-as-proxy, FinnLassie, for Finland taking all three places in the Mobile Phone Throwing world championships!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Likewise. I am alive. And you?
    A little light headed, a tad tired, but alive and dandy!

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    ...I've never had this problem with pineapples. Occasionally they'll be somewhat tart, but other than that, they cause no additional difficulty for my mouth.

ION: Out of necessity, I believe I'll be returning to my midnight to 8am sleep schedule... This would sadden me, but I'll enjoy the extra sleep.
    Lucky bastard... Not allergic to anything... Can eat pineapples... Fool!

You better enjoy it. I mean, hell, you haven't had the best sleeping schedule at all during the summer! Brush your teeth and sleeeeeeep.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Congratulations-as-proxy, FinnLassie, for Finland taking all three places in the Mobile Phone Throwing world championships!
    Obh obh! All the silly things my fellow countrymen get up to...
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

What can I say, even with a broken face I know how to work it. Is it in bad taste to play up the pity angle just a little bit? It sure brought out his nurturing side.
    Whee, I'm glad to hear your date went well! I hope you had a lot of fun! :3

You speak genuinely, Teddifer. You have perhaps yourself emerged all the stronger from your mental perturbations earlier this summer, and purchased this wisdom at its dear universal price of suffering.
    Well, I think the correct tense is "are emerging", because I'm far from out of this yet. I've taken to refering to my condition as stable but fragile, but I've come upon a period of mood swings, so I guess I'm not sure about how much stability I can truthfully claim to possess...

I'm currently going through a lot of emotions as well. Good and bad, they've all come upon me at once and there hasn't been a moment without any for several days. It's a bit overwhelming, but I accept them nevertheless, for I haven't felt this much for a long, long time...

But fret not, I will keep striding until I've fully emerged, stronger than I ever was! :3

"With respect to the good Teddy's wishes, Mr. Speaker, I purport that all of us present wish to hear his pronunciation become silly after a few drinks; for it will cheer our hearts if his accent thicken, and he lapse for spells into his native tongue which delights and amazes our ears. I therefore move that he be obliged to have a few more sips than his reservations would normally permit: for the entertainment of all, and the greatest good."
    Well, Swedish is a very... enunced language (for lack of a better word), so don't expect my (actually rather present) accent to become any more prominent under the influence...

I have no idea. It's been going on before the war, Finns' love for coffee. I mean, during the time of rationing substitute-coffee was a huge thing as the proper stuff was too expensive and out of reach, and some people still call regular coffee with a nickname "substitute". You know you love coffee when you're willing to drink a watered down version of it made from wood bark.
    The same was true here in Sweden as well, with substitute coffee made from roasted grains and bark, and while we're not number one like you Finns, we rank pretty close to the top in the coffee-drinking league as well. I won't look up the statistics, but I think we're number two, actually.

Not that I contribute to that figure. Coffee tastes too bitter and I don't really need the caffeine...

Yeah, it's one of my favourite fruits, no doubt about that... :smallfeeblebear:

ION:

That was not what I wanted to happen just before I go off to bed. That was really, really not what I wanted to happen just before I go off to bed. I... I don't think I can sleep now...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

They're all perks, yes!

Rough. I'm happy to live where I live...

And yeah, trypanophobia is a problem...

Seems so. :smallyum:

Yay for health improvement indeed! :3

*hugs*
    Good, very good perks! I always think people should only have as much responsibility as they can handle, and not a bit more, because then things get dangerous.

If that is the word for the fear of having blood taken this yes, it is terrible, but not something I am willing to do anything about. I'll just have to manage. I heard that next year there were gonna be different plans for how Medi-Cal works and I may be eligible. Let's hope so.

I'm not a fan. I like pineapple juice but not pineapples themselves. Weird, I know.

Yes yay! I had small stomach issues again and seem to not have the appetite that I usually do, other than that though I am quite well. *huggles*

My condolences, comrade. If it makes you feel better, not having government-sponsored health insurance means that you have enough money not to need it. That's good, yes?

Pineapple is good. Not as good as lemon, but fairly tasty.
    I wish that was the case. Not quite though. Still I shall manage.

I will...have to try it again at some point. Maybe. See if my tastes changed.

Here is a budgie in a slinky for your comfort, since I have no other medicine to offer just now.
    Spoiler
    Show

My date went fabulously, thank you, and in the mean time I insist that you have some wine now. It will make you feel better for a time.
    That is just so adorable. Thank you for it. I am feeling quite better now, except for an odd lack of appetite. I had a part of a burger today, that is all, and it is a burger I can usually eat completely and still be quite hungry.

Yay for you and your date! Need a celebratory smiley... *sips a bit of each wine* Yay!

Yay for this! And the same here. Yay for cool air everyone.

ION:

That was not what I wanted to happen just before I go off to bed. That was really, really not what I wanted to happen just before I go off to bed. I... I don't think I can sleep now...
    Aww dear Teddy what has gone wrong? Will hugs help with it?
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    Good, very good perks! I always think people should only have as much responsibility as they can handle, and not a bit more, because then things get dangerous.
    Yeah... I could actually handle more responsibility, but at the same time, it's much more fun if I don't have to worry too much about it... :smallfeeblesmile:

If that is the word for the fear of having blood taken this yes, it is terrible, but not something I am willing to do anything about. I'll just have to manage. I heard that next year there were gonna be different plans for how Medi-Cal works and I may be eligible. Let's hope so.
    It's the word for the fear of needles, which at least is what I'm inflicted with. If it's rather a fear of blood, I'd assume it's called hemophobia. I don't know what a specific fear of having your blood taken would be called, though...

I'm not a fan. I like pineapple juice but not pineapples themselves. Weird, I know.
    Well, pineapple juice doesn't really taste exactly like pineapples, just like apple juice doesn't really taste like eating an apple, so it's not all too weird how you can like one but not the other...

Yes yay! I had small stomach issues again and seem to not have the appetite that I usually do, other than that though I am quite well. *huggles*
    Loss of appetite is a syndrome I know all too well. I wish you the best of luck with regaining it. :smallfeeblesmile:

*hugs*

Aww dear Teddy what has gone wrong? Will hugs help with it?
    I... don't want to talk about it...

And yes, hugs are always welcome. Especially now. :smallfeeblesmile:

*hugs*
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Yeah... I could actually handle more responsibility, but at the same time, it's much more fun if I don't have to worry too much about it... :smallfeeblesmile:
    Whichever works for you really. I am not afraid to admit that I hate responsibility. I accept it, and have it, but do not like it.

It's the word for the fear of needles, which at least is what I'm inflicted with. If it's rather a fear of blood, I'd assume it's called hemophobia. I don't know what a specific fear of having your blood taken would be called, though...
    Oh, well then yeah that would work. I hate needles. It also has to do with something I believe in, that I shouldn't go into here. But it makes the thought of having blood drawn so much worse to me.

Well, pineapple juice doesn't really taste exactly like pineapples, just like apple juice doesn't really taste like eating an apple, so it's not all too weird how you can like one but not the other...
    Hmm that is very smart. Thank you, that makes a lot of sense. And now I can rationalize why I like strawberry milk and loathe strawberries...

Loss of appetite is a syndrome I know all too well. I wish you the best of luck with regaining it. :smallfeeblesmile:

*hugs*
    I really hope so too. I don't care for the feeling at all.

*hugs*
    Very well, I shall not push you to explain. I would just like to assist however I can. *clones self and give mass huggles or hug conga line, whichever sounds better*

I tend to follow a certain little idea, in that people who go out of their way in life and be nice to me are good people, even at least to a degree. I don't know you well or many other people here, but you have all been very nice; to me therefore you are friends, and I do all I can to assist in times of worry and sadness and hardship. And share cookies when I make them. *hugs and cookies for all*
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Huh. I never knew such a thing existed...!
    A little light headed, a tad tired, but alive and dandy!
    Excellent!
    ION:

*hugs*
    My condolences and empathises, comrade. *Hugs!*
    I wish that was the case. Not quite though. Still I shall manage.
    Indeed; that is all we can do, I suppose. May good fortune see you soon, comrade.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

I always, ALWAYS wake up to the nearby clocktower's 8AM dingdongdingdongggssss and it drives me nuts.
    I wish I could wake up at eight with that degree of regularity. But alas, there are no clock towers around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Speaking of pineapples though, have any of you ever had grilled pineapple before? What about on a burger?
    On a burger? No. Grilled? Yes. But it is definitely not my preferred method of having pineapple.

Well, if no house is further away than 150 metres from all other, I think that'll qualify as a "småort" by our standards, which just means it's a complete nowhere...

Hmm, it may be so that they're shipped partially unripened to better preserve them during the journey, and that they haven't quite gotten the chance to ripen their fullest over here yet...

Well, buy it together with other fresh greens then.
    Of course all the houses are near each other as the town is surrounded by the forest that bears its name. It's a nice little place, I wholeheartedly suggest visiting it if you just so happen to be driving through that part of the world.

The advantage of shipping them unripe is that they would ripen during the trip, rather than waiting until they're ripe before shipping which would result in them possibly being overripe at the destination. Preservation may come into it, but the fruits that are shipped long distances usually keep well anyway.

That would require walking home with a box of various fruits and vegetables. In the sun. I don't like pineapple that much.

editedit

*nibbles Elemental gently about the ear, chirruping in a distracting fashion, while a few agents sneak into his things to swipe his ring*
    Such deceptions will never work! Besides, I don't keep it among my possessions.
    However, while you are here, I shall set water to boil for tea and search the cupboards for fruits and grains such that your expedition to my household need not be completely in vain.

Just so you know, 30*C is normal for summer here. As in, 85*F-95*F is summer in VA (sans lots of rain or good luck), fullstop. Now, 100*F is a little more impressive, but that's happened a couple of times here this summer too, and we got no such warning.

The Texas people here will be laughing at you, because what you've got now is almost cool compared to what they get.
    Apparently, people from colder climates find the heat exceptionally difficult. Personally, I wouldn't know anything about that as I am a Queenslander, and one needs to be resilient towards Summer. Though I will admit that anything over forty causes me to become essentially useless.

And is it weird that now that I see half your username written vertically, I now feel like making an acrostic poem that makes use of those letters? I just need to think of something that starts with X that isn't xylophone. Xenial, Xanthippe, xylem, xanthophyll, etc.

I am much the same with tomatoes. I hate eating them, but I will gladly consume tomato soup, pasta sauce made with tomatoes and tomato sauce on what it goes well with.

ION:

Oh dear... What has happened?

*hugs*
    Oh... In that case my previous question is invalidated. I wish you the best of luck. If you need us, we'll be here for you.
    *hug*

Oh, well then yeah that would work. I hate needles. It also has to do with something I believe in, that I shouldn't go into here. But it makes the thought of having blood drawn so much worse to me.
    At least needles are more convenient than having one's blood extracted with a knife. Personally, I have no advice as to how to make the process easier to stand, but I will say that one cannot expect to be comfortable with the process immediately. It will always be physically uncomfortable unfortunately.

@Kneenibble: It is indeed good to hear that your date went well. Hopefully it is a sign that your recovery continues unabated.

Anyway... News from the world of Elemental: I've come down with something and I feel a touch ill. Which is very inconvenient as I need to finish drawing an avatar for someone, clean the ceiling of the kitchen and the dining room, empty a cupboard in my room and continue to sort through boxes.
    On the one hand, I did manage to find a book that contained photos of my grandma and great aunt when they were young. Apparently, the population of the town they grew up in was small enough for them to feature in a photographic record.
    Fortunately, Mum gets home from her trip tomorrow.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

Yay unpaid overtime for the rest of the week.

This is so awesome
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Why you little.. You did get lucky!

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

19. - Top - End - #229
    Orc in the Playground

Ouch. Can you document your boss asking you for overtime? You should always ask your boss for proof-in-writing of work orders. This way you can get a lawyer should you need one. I always make it clear to my employees that: 1, I expect them to complete only exactly their assignment; and 2, they should try to spend only company time working on their assignment.

Source: I'm a boss.

Unfortunately, I have to admit that though I can do this now because I'm in R&D, I used to be on the trading floor, and unpaid overtime was expected there due to the difficult nature of the work.

For my part of random banter, I had possibly the worst nightmare last night. Do you know what's scary? Thinking there's a serial killer in the house with your family, and not being able to do anything about it.

I will never laugh again at those incredibly cheesy horror movies...

20. - Top - End - #230
    Banned

ION:

*hugs*
    I'm so sorry, Teddy. It's all my fault.
    (Yes, I do know for certain that I'm to blame, and no I don't want to talk about it either. I feel disgusted enough with myself as it is)
    Last edited by Skeppio; 2013-08-27 at 03:54 AM.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by faircoin View Post
    Ouch. Can you document your boss asking you for overtime? You should always ask your boss for proof-in-writing of work orders. This way you can get a lawyer should you need one. I always make it clear to my employees that: 1, I expect them to complete only exactly their assignment; and 2, they should try to spend only company time working on their assignment.

Source: I'm a boss.

Unfortunately, I have to admit that though I can do this now because I'm in R&D, I used to be on the trading floor, and unpaid overtime was expected there due to the difficult nature of the work.
    Heheh. Nope, verbal request only. Thing is, I work in a high-pressure modelling (er, code modelling that is) environment, and working on at home after hours is certainly not uncommon. This time the overtime request is just explicit. We're going live next week, so it's understandable I guess. It's just not fun :/
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

I wish I could wake up at eight with that degree of regularity. But alas, there are no clock towers around here.

Apparently, people from colder climates find the heat exceptionally difficult-
    Well, it's not very nice when you get to go to bed at 5 in the morning. I did fall asleep again rather quickly, but I suppose I'm not feeling dandy at all purely thanks to being ill. My head's filled with oooooze. *loud sneeze*

*raises hand up* Me me me me! Anything over 25°C is impure torture!

-- work in a high-pressure modelling --
    Now I can't get the image of your avatar striking a pose at the end of a catwalk out of my mind...
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground

Attempting for the first time to play catch up...

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    So first mugged.. Then getting a date. You get all the luck. Nah, happy for you Nibbles! Fortune came out of the misfortune. Perhaps you'll get lucky.
    Someone mugged our Kneen? Who do I have to sit on with my gigantic, cuddly, marsupialed self? (and when did you say that you had, I can't believe I missed it!)

Glad you were able to use the damage to your advantage, but I'd prefer it not to be a needed tactic in the future, what with the cause of the damage. Also, I'm sure you would have been quite charming on your own accord!

Well, imagine youself walking with you lips pushed as deep as possible into a glass filled nigh to the brim and walking around with that because just staying in the kitchen is boring (and you'll need to wash your face afterwards anyway)...
    This made me laugh. Oh derpy. When I was young, that's how I drank things. It was messy, which meant it was the best way to drink it.

Are you people eating radioactive pineapple? I've never had that problem. Course, the ones we get here are relatively fresh.

I would totally buy myself one, except it's such a chore actually preparing one. I feel as if I need an icepick. Or at least a diamond-bit rotary saw.

Weird heat here too. I actually woke up earlier because of it. That hasn't happened in a while.
    I know! I've never had problems with pineapple! *shrugs* Guess some are more sensative?

I use a serated kitchen knife and it works just fine. Then again, you're talking to someone who makes fruit baskets out of watermelons on a regular basis. Oh man. Now I wanna make one... Jack-o-lanterns are coming soon, too!

I don't wake up from heat unless I'm dying of thirst. But I sure do have issues going to sleep!

Pineapple is good. Not as good as lemon, but fairly tasty.
    Oh, lemons. I love lemons. Sour is my favorite flavor.

Wombattius, are you recovered from the turmoil of your disastrous road trip?
    Alas, last week was the worst I'd had in awhile: what with the failed trip and my Grandmother passing away, but luckily the car repair was only $180, and it's running back to normal. I'm still a bit funky, and that money had to be taken out of the ring fund for my proposal, so . Also, we were able to get a full refund for the Horrid Hotel. So I guess it could have been worse.

I'm not sure what this is, but it's beautiful. IRN: it's EVEN HOTTER today. Heat index is over 100 outside, and my room is essentially an oven, so I'll be staying with my sister. I already tried walking there, but since I'm the MOST directionally challenged, I walked half a mile due the wrong direction, and am now sitting in the one air-conditioned spot on campus, where the power just went out. I'm about to set out again. Wish me luck.
    Agh! That sounds terrible. (sets up three fans to blow at you over the internet)

Well, I think the correct tense is "are emerging", because I'm far from out of this yet. I've taken to refering to my condition as stable but fragile, but I've come upon a period of mood swings, so I guess I'm not sure about how much stability I can truthfully claim to possess...

I'm currently going through a lot of emotions as well. Good and bad, they've all come upon me at once and there hasn't been a moment without any for several days. It's a bit overwhelming, but I accept them nevertheless, for I haven't felt this much for a long, long time...

But fret not, I will keep striding until I've fully emerged, stronger than I ever was! :3

Well, Swedish is a very... enunced language (for lack of a better word), so don't expect my (actually rather present) accent to become any more prominent under the influence...

The same was true here in Sweden as well, with substitute coffee made from roasted grains and bark, and while we're not number one like you Finns, we rank pretty close to the top in the coffee-drinking league as well. I won't look up the statistics, but I think we're number two, actually.

Not that I contribute to that figure. Coffee tastes too bitter and I don't really need the caffeine...

ION:

Glad to see some forward movement. Despite what some people might say, feeling is a good thing. We're all rooting for you here.

I've always been curious to learn about Swedish. Its one of those languages that you don't hear about often, that I'd like to know more about. For instance - is it like any language? Or is it out there on it's own? I know virtually nothing about it, I'm embarassed to say.

I don't like coffee, and don't drink it ever. I'm told it's an aquired taste, but if I don't like something the first time, logic dictates I don't try it again until I do. I suspect that better in time thing is more the dependence on the caffiene anyway...and that others like the taste.

Me, I love SMELLING coffee. It's really a much better experience than consuming it.

Poor Teddy. ::Hugs:: Whatever it was, I hope it goes away and you're able to drift off swiftly.

Blasted stomach. I have several friends (including my girlfriend) who have mystery stomach issues. I think my girlfriend said she once found out it was a thyroid issue. Perhaps this is the case with you? Are there any foods that are always good for your stomach, or always bad?

Hmm that is very smart. Thank you, that makes a lot of sense. And now I can rationalize why I like strawberry milk and loathe strawberries...
    That or it could be a texture thing. I don't like melons, because they are slimy. And I don't like apple skin because its tough and tasteless, and detracts from my enjoyment of the apple.

I tend to follow a certain little idea, in that people who go out of their way in life and be nice to me are good people, even at least to a degree. I don't know you well or many other people here, but you have all been very nice; to me therefore you are friends, and I do all I can to assist in times of worry and sadness and hardship. And share cookies when I make them. *hugs and cookies for all*
    Pleased to be one of your friends! The feeling is mutual. Should you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here to shoulder complaints, hug when needed, consol when devestated, laugh when funny stories persist, brainstorm with when creative or chat to when bored. Also, would that be a cookie I can add to my internet worth, or OMNOMNOMNOM cookies?

This is so awesome
    I'm detecting a lot of blue emenating from this post. What you need is a good sprinkling of some green ($). Are they requiring you to work, but paying you regular hours? Is there any way to dispute this? Or is this common practice at your place of employment?
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2013-08-27 at 07:29 AM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

24. - Top - End - #234

Aaaaaaagh I hate being sick. I really want to help Mom work but I've gotta recover. Ah well, it's been....I don't know how many days since I started antibiotics, the pill bottle looks to be half empty so lets say five. So five more days! And then 4 more days!

25. - Top - End - #235
    Firbolg in the Playground

So I'm sitting in a kitchen listening to two forty-year olds trying to describe the exact physics of "twerking."

There are no words.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

*raises hand*

What's twerking, Miss Mooncat? I don't actually know.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    So I'm sitting in a kitchen listening to two forty-year olds trying to describe the exact physics of "twerking."

There are no words.
    That's what you get for letting the Miley Cyrus discussion infect RL.

*hugs*
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

28. - Top - End - #238

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    *raises hand*

It's...some kind of stupid hip gyration dance thing. I have no idea.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I am much the same with tomatoes. I hate eating them, but I will gladly consume tomato soup, pasta sauce made with tomatoes and tomato sauce on what it goes well with.
    This I can understand fully. Glad I am not the only one with these interesting tastes. For me it is primarily strawberries, but also pineapple and apples to a degree. Most fruit really.

At least needles are more convenient than having one's blood extracted with a knife. Personally, I have no advice as to how to make the process easier to stand, but I will say that one cannot expect to be comfortable with the process immediately. It will always be physically uncomfortable unfortunately.
    Yes I can imagine that being a great deal harder to stand than a needle. Unfortunately I fear both, in a way. Not knives, no I don't fear them unless some psycho person holds them. But just losing blood at all is a very very bad thing.

Anyway... News from the world of Elemental: I've come down with something and I feel a touch ill. Which is very inconvenient as I need to finish drawing an avatar for someone, clean the ceiling of the kitchen and the dining room, empty a cupboard in my room and continue to sort through boxes.
    On the one hand, I did manage to find a book that contained photos of my grandma and great aunt when they were young. Apparently, the population of the town they grew up in was small enough for them to feature in a photographic record.
    Fortunately, Mum gets home from her trip tomorrow.
    Aww hope you feel better soon Elemental! Got over my sickiness for the most part now we must wish well for you. *hugs* Quite a bit on your plate there, I know the feeling.

This is so awesome
    Yes, this is fantastic. Poor Fey...sorry for your much overworkedness. I do hope it is somehow made up to you later in some such way.

Well, it's not very nice when you get to go to bed at 5 in the morning. I did fall asleep again rather quickly, but I suppose I'm not feeling dandy at all purely thanks to being ill. My head's filled with oooooze. *loud sneeze*

*raises hand up* Me me me me! Anything over 25°C is impure torture!
    More sickness, this is not good. A lot of people here are or were sick. Flu season? I wishes you great recovery Finny. *gives handkerchief*

I do not remember the formula to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit (silly American me ) But from what little I can remember I can honestly agree with you. Needs more cold weather here!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Attempting for the first time to play catch up...

Alas, last week was the worst I'd had in awhile: what with the failed trip and my Grandmother passing away, but luckily the car repair was only $180, and it's running back to normal. I'm still a bit funky, and that money had to be taken out of the ring fund for my proposal, so . Also, we were able to get a full refund for the Horrid Hotel. So I guess it could have been worse.
    Yeah I know how it feels trying to keep up with what goes on here.

Well small blessings do help in times of trouble I feel. I hope. I wishes you well Mighty Wombat. And I can't help but to feel absolutely d'awww when I read about you saving up for your proposal. So sweet!

Blasted stomach. I have several friends (including my girlfriend) who have mystery stomach issues. I think my girlfriend said she once found out it was a thyroid issue. Perhaps this is the case with you? Are there any foods that are always good for your stomach, or always bad?
    I suppose it is possible, but no I can't really think of particular foods to me that are always bad. Closest is donuts which I sometimes feel unwell after eating. After that it is purely a case by case basis per eating. I'll look into it though.

That or it could be a texture thing. I don't like melons, because they are slimy. And I don't like apple skin because its tough and tasteless, and detracts from my enjoyment of the apple.
    Oh I am absolutely certain it is a texture thing. I know that is why I do not like to eat strawberries or coconuts, the texture is so off. As well as some other foods. I tend to like the first bite into an apple for the crunch but afterwards I hate trying to eat the skin, I really do.

Pleased to be one of your friends! The feeling is mutual. Should you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here to shoulder complaints, hug when needed, consol when devestated, laugh when funny stories persist, brainstorm with when creative or chat to when bored. Also, would that be a cookie I can add to my internet worth, or OMNOMNOMNOM cookies?
    Awwwe thank you muchly Wombat. I know the difficulty of making friends. Most of my life it has been pretty tough to. So know, I tend to treasure kind people more than in times past. Hugs are always appreciated, that is how wonderful they are. And these are of the OMNOMNOMNOM variety. I give out the internet worth cookies only individually and for much win, rather than for heartwarming. Though only now do I see this as a strange distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Aaaaaaagh I hate being sick. I really want to help Mom work but I've gotta recover. Ah well, it's been....I don't know how many days since I started antibiotics, the pill bottle looks to be half empty so lets say five. So five more days! And then 4 more days!
    Darn the sickness strikes again! Well has been striking I guess. Either way Zodiac I wish you the best in your healing. Shall I do a healing chant?

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post

There are no words.

Wow, just wow. I thought my grandma and mom were odd yesterday...

ION: Morning or some such to all! Woke up a bit earlier than I had planned so I may need to nap later. Possibly. Or not. Also got to hang out with my mom, sister, and other grandma yesterday. The circumstances of our meeting up were so accidental and nearly impossible to recreate that I have to believe that there was a bit of fate in it. If I had not stopped to eat, or walked to one bus stop then another, or left my friend's a bit earlier or later...no meeting, no hanging out and catching up. And it was quite pleasant, small stomach troubles aside. Guess it was mostly just the illness from Friday and had been trying to fully shake it the last few days. Feeling alright now, other than tired.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    *raises hand*

I don't know. I looked it up on urban dictionary, but from what I gleaned from their conversation, the definition I heard was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    That's what you get for letting the Miley Cyrus discussion infect RL.

*hugs*
    I didn't!

Wow, just wow. I thought my grandma and mom were odd yesterday...
    Meh.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show