Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Chosen of an Empress (OOC)

The Blessed Dynasty has held sway over the world of Terra Amata for uncounted generations, ruling from their ancestral bastion of Aria del Sol. By their hands they have wrought a world of peace and holy order, made possible by the Lightning of the Lady's Circle which drove back the Darkness. The first Beacon of the Circle still shines undimmed, dominating the skyline of the Imperial City to this day and holding back the tides that would otherwise swallow all civilization whole under relentless beats. This ward has remained untouched for countless years, inextricably bound to the fates of the Dynasty and its fortunes. It still stands as the greatest symbol of imperial power.

It falls upon those descended from the Progenitor, each a great ruler in their own right, to watch upon the balance of the world and to perform the rites and procedures that keep all citizens safe from the dangers of the hungry darkness. Each member of the Dynasty is said to enjoy an intimate and personal bond with the very soul of the land, this connection compelling them toward justice and benevolence. In any case, the reign of the Dynasty has been so long and fruitful that few remember a time where they did not reign.

You, the Lightbringers of your generation, have been invited by the Imperial Princess herself into the hallowed walls of Aria. It is an honour that none but those of the royal family can bestow, made all the greater by its granting at the time of the Empress’s formal coronation, and even without that it is one that none would even consider refusing. Aria del Sol is the city of a vast and ancient dynasty, and the knowledge held within its walls is unmatched. Its museums and galleries hold ancient wonders from before the turning of the age. Its libraries are the standard by which all wisdom is measured. And its training houses are without peer in all the realm. To those as young as you are, it is the opportunity of a lifetime.

But there are whispers on the wind, rumours of far flung Beacons flickering in the blackest watch of the night. Hushed tones speak of pale shadows in the woods and beyond the light of the roads, moving carefully beyond reach of the pure radiance of the Circle. The Guard has reinforced its detachments, going so far as to actually begin to patrol the roads – an action not taken in decades. And Imperial Princess Alanna, her coronation to occur in the days following your arrival, is very young for all the power and responsibility about to be laid upon her shoulders. Loved by her people for that youth, and the boundless energy that goes with it, but still a woman only barely out of girlhood. And here too there are doubts, whispered faintly around fires and murmured over drinks. For it has been many long years since one so very, very young was called to bear the Lady-White Crown.

Player Character Class Concept Endless Path
    Blackwind1kaze Volten Luminous Spirit Monk 5 Dawnhand
    Dragonus45 Robin Mackay Champion 5 Wandering Flame Phoenix in Glory
    Falcon777 GMPC'd Cadeyrn Erskine Stargazer 5 Dreamer in the Light Starbearer
    jamieth Talla Champ 2/Warder 3 Hell on ice Frozen Champion
    Lix Lorn Mira Empath 5 Who am I? Knight of Memory
    Qwertystop Koyya Champion 5 Guardian Queen of Spring

World History

The Endless and the Dark
    Spoiler
    Show
    Terra Amata is a world of light now, but long ago the story was very different. Before the Lighting, before the Blessed Dynasty raised their Beacons into the skies of the world, before even the first of that sacred Blood were born, your world was full of monsters. Dark stalked the land in all its myriad forms, twisting those things that were not It to serve its purposes. Civilisation was walled towns and villages, suspicious of even the most kindly stranger, with heavily guarded caravans the only safe way between for those not gifted with powerful magical or heroic ability. The cities of that then clung on against the waves sent against them by the Dark, fighting a terrible and endless war against its servants that even the most optimistic of them knew they were slowly losing. For the Dark was relentless. And it spread and regrew far faster than even humanity – with all its prolific nature – could match.

The legends speak of dark nights touched by flame, black skies with not a star among them – for even those eternal lights had been barred from the world – and a slowly fading hope. And it was into this world of falling dreams that the first of the Endless were born. It is said that they were but simple members of their homes, young men and women growing slowly into adulthood with little hope for their own chance to live and have families of their own. But the spark of hope is a hard one, so desperately hard, to smother. And for all their despair, none of those that would become Endless had lost it. Their powers manifested slowly as they grew, little things that none could explain – and much that was never spoken for fear of being branded a creature of Dark – but grow they did, until even the wish to keep secret could not be held.

It was Ilya, who in later years would earn the title Queen of Spring, who was the first to show herself to the world. The chosen of a fading spirit of nature that had lost much of its power as the Dark corrupted and warped the places from which it sprang, Ilya called upon the powers she had learnt of over the years to stem the tide. The tale is a legend of its own, but is simple. The village that Ilya called home, where she had grown to the edge of girlhood, had been attacked. They had fought valiantly, forcing the Dark to pay for every inch and every life that fell, but in the end their walls fell to the onslaught. And Ilya, something in her refused to let that be so. She walked out into the open, as if to stem the tide alone.

And with fear the child walked, but none showed in her tread
    Too much had been given, her soul rejected dread.
    The life that sang within her, that is what she gave
    To save her village family, to prove she could be brave.

Oh Ilya, Ilya, Ilya, from her step the plants did spring
    And growth unknown in ages, did erupt to do her bidding.
    From the square she walked on, the grass and plants and flower
    Burst in beds uncounted, for this was Ilya’s Power.

Growth untapped and endless
    It rose above the walls
    Sealing all breaches
    And all there of Dark did fall.

Ilya was raised up as a hero by the people of her village, even those who worried most of the Dark’s influence saw what she had done as beyond Its power, but she did not stay with them long. Now awakened, the spirit that she had joined with urged her to seek others like her, for together they might awaken the world herself. So one night she stole away from the walls that she had known her entire life, walking into the wastes without care for the things that lurked within. Her legend tells that a wave of life followed where she walked, plants bursting to life around her and flowering anew, and that those same things protected her against any that would dare to bring her harm.

To other places she went, cities and towns and villages across the world, walking on her own and leaving a trail of life behind her. And in time, in time she found others. Brave and reckless Kiajan, who leapt to her aid upon a road far from home, wielding the power of the Firebird in his hands to drive back the powerful servant of the Dark that had attacked her. Jana, a woman of ice and long forgotten honour, whose every step could be as lethal as a blizzard. A devout man possessed of a shard of flame that would never die as long as the sun might rise, whose fists blazed with that power when he struck and who never gave his name. Tallus and his brother not of blood Kel, who had been blessed by the dragons of silver and gold. Many, a young girl who embodied in herself the nameless faces of an everchanging world. And more even then, for as the Endless joined together, more came to them, pulled by a chain of destiny and an unknown knowing that this was their place.

An army they became in time, born in what could have been the last breaths of a dying world. But that world refused death, refused its fate, and those spirits who had forever walked it gave each of themselves so that that refusal was made real. The Endless marched upon the cities taken by Darkness and drove them back, cleansing the paths they had made and returning – so slowly – the world to a place where it had once been before. But it was not enough, not for them. The Dark had been driven back, yes, but it was not defeated. So the army reformed, all within it now grown to adulthood and strong in their powers. They marched into the heart of the Dark’s power, striking down all that would oppose them, and challenged It itself. The land itself resonated to the beats of that conflict, power unlike any that had been known unleashed upon the Dark to send it screaming and reeling. But the Dark fought back, raising the greatest and most vile of Its servants against the Endless, and bringing the dreadful powers that only It commanded to bear against them as well. And the Endless realised that here, here they were missing…something. Something terribly important. Even then they did not falter, but slowly, slowly, they started to withdraw – for somehow they knew that to defeat this foe, there must be another among them.

It was here that the first of the great Sacrifices of the Endless was given, for even in retreat they knew that they must give something back to the world for their struggle, something that all the world could see. Not all agreed, not all could see, but Tallus and Kel would not accept retreat without something to show for it. Kiajan opened the path for them, blazing ruby fire burning a road to the Dark, and the brothers of sworn word charged. Gold and silver they became, pure reflection of the dragon blessing upon them, and when they struck the very heavens shook. The Gold fell, was flung back and away to its companions. But the Silver refused to be dislodged. Tallus, the Silver Gifted, held against the tide to restore something to the world that had long been taken from it. Flesh and power merged, became one, a whirlwind of furious silver righteousness, lashing out at the Dark to take back what never should have been stolen. And in the end he drove himself, now made a lance of silver, through the heart of the Dark.

He did not slay it, for that was beyond his power. But as himself he faded, the Light of his being streamed up into the black sky. The stars were returned, but not the stars as they had once been. The Endless wept for his loss, but they rejoiced also, for in that moment Tallus had reached beyond what he had been. To be sure, each Endless is a legend their own. But Tallus, the first to die, and so unknowing that his power would be returned in time to the world became more. A Legend that would inspire when told in a way none other did. His was the first Sacrifice for the world, to return the night sky. And even fake stars can stir a world when it was their absence that sent it to slumber.

Can I have a role call please?
    Last edited by Snowfire; 2015-02-26 at 08:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Spoiler: Things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Damn you Snowfire. I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    T_T I swear, you just made me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire.

<struck dumb>

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Chosen of an Empress (OOC)

Present and accounted for!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Cadeyrn Erskine, er, Falcon777, reporting for duty!

Funny thing was, I JUST got online and saw that this thread was up. Am totally excited about it.
    Last edited by Falcon777; 2013-08-25 at 03:57 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Meow I am here
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Meow I am here
    *unleashes catnip upon Lixie*

I'll get working on the personalised story progressions for y'all
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Show

<struck dumb>

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

(rolls about in catnip)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Here and calling bold black text for speech.

8. - Top - End - #8

"If we are calling text colors....well, I choose THIS! Lol, it's straight blue.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

DarkOrchid is my colour.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

There is, unfortunately, no blend of green and gold that looks good.

So I'll take Dark Green.
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

*Kneels in a most formal bow* "My life and my blades are yours to command, Your Majesty!"
    Tome of Radiance, a Magical Girl sourcebook for 3.5/PF.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

I'll go with the dark red.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Um, jamieth, I'd be really grateful if you'd change your colour to something a bit darker. Cyan is going to hurt my eyes.

Something like this maybe?
    Show

<struck dumb>

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Sure, no problem.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

s0 everyone's accounted for, so as Mushu would say:

Mushu: "Citizens, I need the link Please."
    Citizen: "*gasp* Who are you?"
    Mushu: "*deep voice* Your worst nightmare..."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Just getting your story progressions together. We'll be using the Mythic system to account for most of it, but each of you will be getting a unique Path to follow. Currently in the process of writing them up.
    Show

<struck dumb>

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfire View Post
    Just getting your story progressions together. We'll be using the Mythic system to account for most of it, but each of you will be getting a unique Path to follow. Currently in the process of writing them up.
    Ohhh, that sounds really interesting.
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

18. - Top - End - #18

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfire View Post
    A unique path you say? DEFINITELY interesting.

Edit: That means that you have to make those paths up, huh? Well, with your creativity, I'm sure they'll all be suited to the characters, or at least the classes.
    Last edited by Falcon777; 2013-08-28 at 08:55 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

What is the Mythic system?
    My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #20

It is a playtest that Paizo is using to imitate epic levels without actually going above level 20. I'm pretty sure you can download the pdf for free from their website.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Actually not anymore - the playtest is over, and the actual book is out, and it is definitely not free. I don't remember the playtest rules well enough to say whether they changed much, though.

And personal Mythic paths are AWESOME.

Extended signature

22. - Top - End - #22

Well, shucks. I'll have to go check out the Paizo site to see if anything has changed.

*Downloading...downloading...downloading...* lol
    Last edited by Falcon777; 2013-08-28 at 11:24 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

If anyone has a PDF copy of that that I could look at, I'd apprecie it, plus how does one become a pazio playtester?

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, sharing the PDF is technically illegal, so you can either buy it from Paizo or roll your Google-fu :-)
    As for playtest, it was open to everyone (the playtest rules were sold by Paizo for a low price of zero), but I think it got pulled out when the playtest ended.

Extended signature

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm talking about the playtest version.
    But again, how does one become a playtester for pathfinder products.

26. - Top - End - #26

I have no idea how someone becomes a playtester for paizo. The mythic playtest was open to anyone willing to download it.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Pazio never told me! DX

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

For anyone who never had a chance to check it out the concept behind the mythic system the idea is very similar to divine ranks, only instead of just being a number its a gestalt ten rank psuedo class that you level by doing epic and awesome things.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

So, just as some news. First off, I'm putting the finishing touches on about half of the mythic progressions I've got to make for this. I should have them all done sometime this weekend, so I'm setting a provisional start date for Tuesday (gives me some time for me to get everything set).

Second, for jamieth; you may want to have a peek at this. It will probably be of interest to you

And finally, can everyone who doesn't have the playtest Mythic pdf go here.
    Show

<struck dumb>

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Is the playtest what we're actually using, or just close enough to get the idea?
    My Homebrew