Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Chosen of an Empress (OOC)

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Is the playtest what we're actually using, or just close enough to get the idea?
    It's what I have, and it's only the basics in there that you'll need. The Path you get will be unique.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Spoiler: Things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Damn you Snowfire. I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    T_T I swear, you just made me cry.
    Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire.

<struck dumb>

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

That's a good question. The playtest and the official mythic rules are almost the same, but there are a few differences, so knowing which one to pull from is definitely important. It's also nice to see the gm working so hard for us! *Whispers in a loud stage voice* "Thank you, Snowfire!"

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfire View Post
    It's what I have, and it's only the basics in there that you'll need. The Path you get will be unique.
    All right then.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Honestly the only really super important world ending difference i know of between the two versions is the change to amazing initiative, which was way overpowered. Other then that while i did grab a hard copy of the book i haven't had time to really dig into it.
    Last edited by Dragonus45; 2013-08-30 at 11:03 AM.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanks, Snowfire! Surely, I won't remake Talla now, but it is added to my personal homebrew list)
    Tome of Radiance, a Magical Girl sourcebook for 3.5/PF.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

6. - Top - End - #36

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    Honestly the only really super important world ending difference i know of between the two versions is the change to amazing initiative, which was way overpowered. Other then that while i did grab a hard copy of the book i haven't had time to really dig into it.
    That and all the extra material from the whole book. But yeah, that's actually what I was thinking about. However, the immortal portion from the playtest also seemed stronger, though the book itself has it's own strength in that way: it doesn't matter how much damage you take now, instead you have to have your head separated.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

so snowfire is going via playtest rules and not actual book? ok, i'll DL the playtest as well. (found a PDF of the Mythic rules book)

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks, Snowfire! Surely, I won't remake Talla now, but it is added to my personal homebrew list)
    You're aware that that isn't homebrew, right? It's going to a be a supplement to pathfinder. Published and everything
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Show

<struck dumb>

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

And so I've managed to finish playing with the first unique path and I thought I'd show you the results. These are, I freely admit, more powerful than the standard paths. However, they're also meant to be due to being, well, unique. Let me know what you think, please

So here you go, feast your eyes on the

Queen of Spring

The Path first walked by the Endless Ilya, a Queen of Spring’s power stems fully from the boundless life of the Spirit that joined her power to Ilya before the Lighting. A Queen’s steps fall always upon the plants to which she is bound, leaving behind a carpet of life in even the most deadly wasteland. And as her power grows, the Springtime growth that follows in her wake becomes a potent guardian. It is said that none but those she wishes may approach a Crowned Queen without scars, and those who can do so and not fall to those wounds are few indeed.

The Queen of Spring

Tier
    Path Features
    Mythic Illuminations
    1st
    Verdant Step, Bonus hit points, Path ability
    -
    2nd
    Path ability
    -
    3rd
    Guardian Growth
    4th
    Path ability
    5th
    Path ability
    6th
    Queen’s Raiment
    7th
    Path ability
    8th
    Path ability
    9th
    Scars of the Court
    10th
    Path ability, Crown of Spring

As they increase in tier, a Queen of Spring gains the following abilities.

Mythic Illuminations: At 3rd tier, you may select a single Illumination from your Illuminations Known. All Component effects of the Illumination become Mythic and you may expend Mythic Power equal to your Mythic rank when evoking it to enhance its effects. At 6th and 9th tier, you may select another Mythic Illumination.

Verdant Step (Su): Every stride taken by a Queen causes small plants, grasses, and wildflowers to sprout from the ground, though she can suppress this effect if she desires. While within a plain of tall grass, brush, or similar undergrowth, she may also step through such plant-life and emerge at any other point within the same field (potentially miles away). This ability functions similar to transport via plants, but a Queen can only transport herself and does not require a plant equal to her size. This ability is usable once per day for every three mythic ranks the Queen possesses.

Guardian Growth (Su): The area affected by your Verdant Step increases in size, to a 5’ radius spread for every 2 mythic ranks that you possess. The plants spawned by this ability also become larger, vines and small bushes adding to the carpet of grass and flowers. Those hostile to a Queen count these areas of growth as difficult terrain. A Queen can also expend a use of Mythic Power to rouse any plants within 5’/mythic rank to protective life. This ability acts as the spell Spike Growth, except that those dealt damage save vs entanglement. A failed save bestows the slow effect as Spike Growth to all non-Mythic enemies. The DC for this effect is (10 + Evoker Stat Mod + Mythic Rank).

Queen’s Raiment (Ex): A Queen cannot go into battle without her armour, and so it is with a Queen of Spring. Until now she has been forced to rely on the armour of metal or light, but now she transcends such things, casting them away in favour of a glorious sheath of fresh, green wood.

By expending 3 uses of Mythic Power, a Queen of Spring may call forth the Raiment of her station. Nature erupts around her in a glorious bloom, the plants beneath her feet sprouting upwards into armour of springtide itself that protect as nothing else can. She gains a DR 10/Epic, and gains immunity to trip and bull rush attempts made against her. In addition, the shell of green wood and blossom around her renders her immune to ranged attacks, including spells that require a ranged touch attack.

This ability lasts until the end of the encounter.

Scars of the Court (Su): A Queen of such power as this is capable of far more than a younger one, the plants that protect her empowered by her strength to be truly lethal to those that would harm her. When she expends a use of Mythic Power to use Guardian Growth, movement across the area deals 1d4 piercing damage per Mythic Rank, bypassing non-Mythic DR, for every 5’ of movement across the area. In addition, a Queen can expend a further use of Mythic Power to bring forth the terrifying verdant needles of spring in her protectors, inflicting bleed damage equal to her Mythic Power die on any damaged by this effect.

Bonus Hit Points: Whenever you gain a Mythic tier, you gain 6 bonus hit points. These hit points stack with themselves, and do not affect your overall Hit Dice or other statistics.

Path Ability: At 1st tier, and every marked tier thereafter, select one new path ability from the following list or from the list of universal path abilities (see Mythic Adventures, p. 20). Once you select an ability, it can’t be changed. Unless otherwise noted, each ability can be selected only once. You must meet the minimum tier requirement before selecting an ability.

Channel Power (Su): You gain the ability to channel raw power into an Illumination you evoke. Using this ability requires you to expend one use of mythic power while evoking an Illumination. Any damage dealt by the Illumination is increased by 50%. In addition, if the Illumination has a duration greater than 1 round, the duration is doubled. Any saves required by the Illumination are made at a –4 penalty, although mythic creatures reduce this penalty to –2. This spell ignores any spell resistance the targets have, and any damage it deals bypasses the targets’ energy resistances or energy immunities. You must be at least 8th tier before selecting this ability.

Endless Light (Su): You increase your Evoker Level by two, even if that means increasing your EL above your HD. You must be at least 7th tier before selecting this ability

Enduring Illuminations (Ex): You can extend the duration of any Barrier or Surge by evoking the same Illumination on the existing target, adding the second duration to any duration that remains on the first evoking. This does not otherwise alter any variable effects of the original evoking. If the Illumination allows a saving throw, the target can make a saving throw to avoid extending the effect.

Eternal Monarch (Ex): When below 0 hit points you don’t fall unconscious and don’t take damage from acting normally. You do not die until your total number of negative hit points is equal to or greater than three times your Constitution score.

Mythic Costume (Ex): You gain a Mythic Costume Element for each three Avatar Tiers you possess (minimum 1). Mythic Elements may be freely changed whenever an evoker changes their Costume Elements.

Mythic Evoker (Ex): You may calculate the basic number of Mythic Illuminations you have access to as if they were Mythic Magic and you were an Archmage or Hierophant. You must be 3rd tier or higher before selecting this ability.

Servant of Light (Su): You do not take any additional damage from a critical hit, but any other effects that trigger on a critical hit still affect you normally. In addition, you always fail any check made to confirm a critical hit. You must be at least 6th tier or higher before you can select this ability.

Sustained by Spring (Su): If you spend at least 1 hour in prayer or meditation you require no food, water, or sleep for 24 hours. This time can be the same time you use to prepare spells. You must still rest 8 hours to regain spells but you are not subject to fatigue or exhaustion due to a lack of sleep. Additionally, once per day you may expend one use of mythic power as a full-round action to refresh yourself as if you had rested for 8 hours for the purposes of regaining spells and healing heal hit point and ability damage.

Crown of Spring: At 10th tier, a Queen’s power blossoms into full realisation, and she takes up at last the Crown of Spring. She gains DR 10/Epic, and when summoning her Raiment a crown of gold Snowdrops forms upon her brow to signal her station. Her Raiment’s DR stacks with her natural, and she adds acid damage equal to her mythic dice to all attacks made whilst it is summoned.

In addition, whenever a Queen of Spring’s Guardian Growths fell an opponent of equal or higher HD, she may gain an additional use of Mythic Power. She may also gain a use of Mythic Power whenever her Guardian Growths fell a Mythic opponent, regardless of HD. She may not gain more uses of Mythic Power than her maximum with this ability.
    Last edited by Snowfire; 2014-06-04 at 06:51 PM.
    Show

<struck dumb>

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire. Somewhere around "awe". I actually slowly smiled not on purpose (contrasted to most of my facial expressions).

<struck dumb>
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #41

And so I've managed to finish playing with the first unique path and I thought I'd show you the results. These are, I freely admit, more powerful than the standard paths. However, they're also meant to be due to being, well, unique. Let me know what you think, please

So here you go, feast your eyes on the

Queen of Spring

Spoiler
    Show
    The Path first walked by the Endless Ilya, a Queen of Spring’s power stems fully from the boundless life of the Spirit that joined her power to Ilya before the Lighting. A Queen’s steps fall always upon the plants to which she is bound, leaving behind a carpet of life in even the most deadly wasteland. And as her power grows, the Springtime growth that follows in her wake becomes a potent guardian. It is said that none but those she wishes may approach a Crowned Queen without scars, and those who can do so and not fall to those wounds are few indeed.

The Queen of Spring

{table=head]
    Tier
    |
    Path Features
    |
    Mythic Illuminations

1st|
    Verdant Step, Bonus hit points, Path ability
    |
    -

2nd|
    Path ability
    |
    -

3rd|
    Guardian Growth
    |

4th|
    Path ability
    |

5th|
    Path ability
    |

6th|
    Queen’s Raiment
    |

7th|
    Path ability
    |

8th|
    Path ability
    |

9th|
    Scars of the Court
    |

10th|
    Path ability, Crown of Spring
    |
    [/table]

As they increase in tier, a Queen of Spring gains the following abilities.

Mythic Illuminations: At 3rd tier, you may select a single Illumination from your Illuminations Known. All Component effects of the Illumination become Mythic and you may expend Mythic Power equal to your Mythic rank when evoking it to enhance its effects. At 6th and 9th tier, you may select another Mythic Illumination.

Verdant Step (Su): Every stride taken by a Queen causes small plants, grasses, and wildflowers to sprout from the ground, though she can suppress this effect if she desires. While within a plain of tall grass, brush, or similar undergrowth, she may also step through such plant-life and emerge at any other point within the same field (potentially miles away). This ability functions similar to transport via plants, but a Queen can only transport herself and does not require a plant equal to her size. This ability is usable once per day for every three mythic ranks the Queen possesses.

Guardian Growth (Su): The area affected by your Verdant Step increases in size, to a 5’ radius spread for every 2 mythic ranks that you possess. The plants spawned by this ability also become larger, vines and small bushes adding to the carpet of grass and flowers. Those hostile to a Queen count these areas of growth as difficult terrain. A Queen can also expend a use of Mythic Power to rouse any plants within 5’/mythic rank to protective life. This ability acts as the spell Spike Growth, except that those dealt damage save vs entanglement. A failed save bestows the slow effect as Spike Growth to all non-Mythic enemies. The DC for this effect is (10 + Evoker Stat Mod + Mythic Rank).

Queen’s Raiment (Ex): A Queen cannot go into battle without her armour, and so it is with a Queen of Spring. Until now she has been forced to rely on the armour of metal or light, but now she transcends such things, casting them away in favour of a glorious sheath of fresh, green wood.

By expending 3 uses of Mythic Power, a Queen of Spring may call forth the Raiment of her station. Nature erupts around her in a glorious bloom, the plants beneath her feet sprouting upwards into armour of springtide itself that protect as nothing else can. She gains a DR 10/Epic, and gains immunity to trip and bull rush attempts made against her. In addition, the shell of green wood and blossom around her renders her immune to ranged attacks, including spells that require a ranged touch attack.

Scars of the Court (Su): A Queen of such power as this is capable of far more than a younger one, the plants that protect her empowered by her strength to be truly lethal to those that would harm her. When she expends a use of Mythic Power to use Guardian Growth, movement across the area deals 1d4 piercing damage per Mythic Rank, bypassing non-Mythic DR, for every 5’ of movement across the area. In addition, a Queen can expend a further use of Mythic Power to bring forth the terrifying verdant needles of spring in her protectors, inflicting bleed damage equal to her Mythic Power die on any damaged by this effect.

Bonus Hit Points: Whenever you gain a Mythic tier, you gain 6 bonus hit points. These hit points stack with themselves, and do not affect your overall Hit Dice or other statistics.

Path Ability: At 1st tier, and every marked tier thereafter, select one new path ability from the following list or from the list of universal path abilities (see Mythic Adventures, p. 20). Once you select an ability, it can’t be changed. Unless otherwise noted, each ability can be selected only once. You must meet the minimum tier requirement before selecting an ability.

Channel Power (Su): You gain the ability to channel raw power into an Illumination you evoke. Using this ability requires you to expend one use of mythic power while evoking an Illumination. Any damage dealt by the Illumination is increased by 50%. In addition, if the Illumination has a duration greater than 1 round, the duration is doubled. Any saves required by the Illumination are made at a –4 penalty, although mythic creatures reduce this penalty to –2. This spell ignores any spell resistance the targets have, and any damage it deals bypasses the targets’ energy resistances or energy immunities. You must be at least 8th tier before selecting this ability.

Endless Light (Su): You increase your Evoker Level by two, even if that means increasing your EL above your HD. You must be at least 7th tier before selecting this ability

Enduring Illuminations (Ex): You can extend the duration of any Barrier or Surge by evoking the same Illumination on the existing target, adding the second duration to any duration that remains on the first evoking. This does not otherwise alter any variable effects of the original evoking. If the Illumination allows a saving throw, the target can make a saving throw to avoid extending the effect.

Eternal Monarch (Ex): When below 0 hit points you don’t fall unconscious and don’t take damage from acting normally. You do not die until your total number of negative hit points is equal to or greater than three times your Constitution score.

Mythic Costume (Ex): You gain a Mythic Costume Element for each three Avatar Tiers you possess (minimum 1). Mythic Elements may be freely changed whenever an evoker changes their Costume Elements.

Mythic Evoker (Ex): You may calculate the basic number of Mythic Illuminations you have access to as if they were Mythic Magic and you were an Archmage or Hierophant. You must be 3rd tier or higher before selecting this ability.

Servant of Light (Su): You do not take any additional damage from a critical hit, but any other effects that trigger on a critical hit still affect you normally. In addition, you always fail any check made to confirm a critical hit. You must be at least 6th tier or higher before you can select this ability.

Sustained by Spring (Su): If you spend at least 1 hour in prayer or meditation you require no food, water, or sleep for 24 hours. This time can be the same time you use to prepare spells. You must still rest 8 hours to regain spells but you are not subject to fatigue or exhaustion due to a lack of sleep. Additionally, once per day you may expend one use of mythic power as a full-round action to refresh yourself as if you had rested for 8 hours for the purposes of regaining spells and healing heal hit point and ability damage.

Crown of Spring: At 10th tier, a Queen’s power blossoms into full realisation, and she takes up at last the Crown of Spring. She gains DR 10/Epic, and when summoning her Raiment a crown of gold Snowdrops forms upon her brow to signal her station. Her Raiment’s DR stacks with her natural, and she adds acid damage equal to her mythic dice to all attacks made whilst it is summoned.

In addition, whenever a Queen of Spring’s Guardian Growths fell an opponent of equal or higher HD, she may gain an additional use of Mythic Power. She may also gain a use of Mythic Power whenever her Guardian Growths fell a Mythic opponent, regardless of HD. She may not gain more uses of Mythic Power than her maximum with this ability.
    Wooooow. Dang, you are really good at making these. This is totally getting me pumped up for the actual game (despite the fact that this isn't Cadeyrn's path).

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

You're aware that that isn't homebrew, right? It's going to a be a supplement to pathfinder. Published and everything
    Oops, totally missed it, but now that I look at it... this is from the people who made Psionics for Pathfinder, right? Eagerly waiting for the final result!

Also, the Queen of Spring looks properly awesome. One small thing, though, it is probably worth a link to your Avatar of Light path for rules on Mythic Illuminations and Costume Effects in fact... in fact,
    HERE.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

PF Psionics was by Dreamscarred Press, Mythic is actually by Paizo.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, I wasn't talking about Mythic; I was talking about the Tome of Batle rework by Dreamscarred which Snowfire linked to me.

Extended signature

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah XD that's what i get for trying to understand something when it isn't the true understanding to begin with XD

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Second completed Path get! Dragonus, this one's for you. Burn baby burn.

Any comments on relative balance are greatly appreciated, although please keep in mind this Path revolves around pure DPS.

Phoenix in Glory

Walked first by the Endless Kaijan, the Phoenix in Glory is a path which the truest incarnation of spiritual flame granted to that reckless apostle of fire to aid in the fight against the Dark. Unlike any fire known, that of a Phoenix in Glory is brilliant ruby in colour and can never be extinguished unless its source is felled. These are the flames that opened the path for the charge of Silver and Gold, and all of Dark remember and fear them to this day.

The Phoenix in Glory

Tier
    Path Features
    Mythic Illuminations
    1st
    Wings Inflamed, Bonus hit points, Path ability
    -
    2nd
    Path ability
    -
    3rd
    Jewelled Flame
    4th
    Path ability
    5th
    Path ability
    6th
    Firebird Triumphant
    7th
    Path ability
    8th
    Path ability
    9th
    To Light the Heavens
    10th
    Path ability, Of Fire and Majesty

As they increase in tier, a Phoenix in Glory gains the following abilities.

Wings Inflamed (Su): The phoenix is by nature a creature that faces the Dark directly when set against it, and so it is of little wonder that the first gift of this Path is one with which to strengthen the blows of its chosen. The blows of a Phoenix in Glory are wrapped in fire, blazing against the night and the Dark which stalked it before the Lighting. A Phoenix in Glory adds half his Mythic Rank in Mythic Dice in fire damage to all his attacks, and may also add his Mythic Rank to any damage dealt by spells or abilities that deal fire damage.

Jewelled Flame (Su): The flames of a Phoenix burn like none other in existence, fiercely resisting any attempt to snuff them out and blazing against the night in ways few can even understand. A Phoenix in Glory gains the ability to tap into this primordial flame, using his own mythic strength as fuel to kindle an inferno without end. By expending a single use of Mythic Power, one walking this path may call forth to their side the ruby flame that never dies. All fire damage dealt by a Phoenix in Glory is converted to holy damage. This effect lasts for (Evoker Stat Mod) rounds. In addition, the Phoenix gains Fire Resistance 10/Mythic Rank.

Firebird Triumphant (Ex): A Phoenix is far more than simply fire given form. The crimson fires that empower it are only a part of its nature. The Phoenix represents the freedom within fire, the ability to soar even when the world tries to bring you down into the dark. A Phoenix’s Glory is not just that of Flame, but also that of freedom itself.

By expending three uses of Mythic Power, a Phoenix in Glory becomes one with the shard of flame lodged deep within him. Wings of blazing fire erupt from his back, burning away darkness around him and lifting him to the sky upon flaming beats. Any non-Mythic Darkness effects within 60’ of the Phoenix are instantly dispelled, regardless of level, and the Phoenix gains a fly speed of 10’/Mythic Rank with Perfect Manoeuvrability. Any nonmagical weapon that strikes him is instantly vaporised by the sheer power of the Phoenix’s fires (no save) and any magical weapon with an enhancement bonus less than half his Mythic rank must make a fortitude save vs (10 + Evoker stat mod + 1/2 Mythic Rank) or be destroyed also, dealing no damage. In addition, the rippling patterns of flame borne from his wingbeats grants him a deflection bonus to AC equal to his Mythic Rank.

To Light the Heavens (Su): The power of a Phoenix’s flame is not something that can ever be truly stopped. At its most terrible, their ruby flame can set the very sky alight and it was this most deadly of their flames that burned away all of Dark between the Endless and the Dark itself so many long years ago, so that those blessed of Silver and Gold could reach it.

When expending a use of Mythic Power to activate their Jewelled Flame ability, a Phoenix in Glory may spend a second use of Mythic Power to bring forth the inferno that is a Phoenix’s death cry. All fire damage dealt while under the effect of Jewelled Flame becomes maximised. In addition, the unending crimson blaze of their power enhances any fire damage they deal such that it sears through the Fire Resistance of any non-Mythic creature. Creatures with immunity to fire take half damage (regardless of if they are Mythic).

Bonus Hit Points: Whenever you gain a Mythic tier, you gain 4 bonus hit points. These hit points stack with themselves, and do not affect your overall Hit Dice or other statistics.

Unending Flame (Ex): When below 0 hit points you don’t fall unconscious and don’t take damage from acting normally. You do not die until your total number of negative hit points is equal to or greater than three times your Constitution score.

Fire Sustains You (Su): If you spend at least 1 hour in prayer or meditation you require no food, water, or sleep for 24 hours. This time can be the same time you use to prepare spells. You must still rest 8 hours to regain spells but you are not subject to fatigue or exhaustion due to a lack of sleep. Additionally, once per day you may expend one use of mythic power as a full-round action to refresh yourself as if you had rested for 8 hours for the purposes of regaining spells and healing heal hit point and ability damage.

Of Fire and Majesty (Ex): At 10th tier, the blazing heart of a Phoenix becomes clear for all to see, even when not roused to battle. They gain a permanent fly speed equal to half that granted by Firebird Triumphant and all fire damage dealt by them is treated as holy damage. The Phoenix gains DR 10/Epic, and their Fire Resistance improves to Immunity. When calling upon Firebird Triumphant, a Phoenix in Glory realises fully the freedom granted by their patron, manifesting as a continuously active Freedom spell. In addition, once per encounter, they may spend a use of Mythic Power whenever they would deal fire damage to an opponent to intensify the damage as the D&D 3.5 Intensify Spell Metamagic.

Whenever a Phoenix in Glory fells an opponent of equal or higher HD via the medium of fire or holy damage they may gain a use of Mythic Power. They may also gain a use of Mythic Power whenever they kill or render unconscious any Mythic foe in the same manner. They may not gain more uses of Mythic Power than their maximum with this ability.
    Last edited by Snowfire; 2014-06-04 at 06:50 PM.
    Show

<struck dumb>

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Ah...
    all fire damage dealt by them is treated as holy damage.
    Whenever a Phoenix in Glory fells an opponent of equal or higher HD via the medium of fire damage (or holy if under the effects of Jewelled Flame) they may gain a use of Mythic Power.
    Seems redundant? Why not just 'fire or holy'?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Ah...

Seems redundant? Why not just 'fire or holy'?
    Thank you Lixie. Changed.
    Show

<struck dumb>

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

No problem, glad to help.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

I...I...I...I love it, but i do worry it could turn out to be rather on the strong side.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    I...I...I...I love it, but i do worry it could turn out to be rather on the strong side.
    Well, I've changed the Epic Metamagic use to a once/encounter ability and I'm juggling the idea of dropping the additional fire damage on attacks to just Mythic Dice. Not sure though.

Also, really happy you like it
    Last edited by Snowfire; 2013-09-01 at 05:40 AM.
    Show

<struck dumb>

22. - Top - End - #52

Lot's of fiery power. Quite interesting, though the path abilities aren't any different (except in name) from the queen of spring. Was that intentional?

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Lot's of fiery power. Quite interesting, though the path abilities aren't any different (except in name) from the queen of spring. Was that intentional?
    Yeah, that was. The primary means of customisation that I'm finding in Mythic Paths is via the medium of locking certain abilities into the path that go beyond what normal path abilities could do.

Still gives some choice, but gets the gist of it all across. Next up is going to be a fight between Many and Jana's paths...
    Show

<struck dumb>

24. - Top - End - #54

I don't quite follow what you are saying, but that doesn't necessarily mean that I disagree with it. I just found it odd that there weren't any differences (except) in name when it came to path abilities, especially since there are (significant) differences in the regular mystic paths. The fact that we are all evokers, though, is a strong contributing factor to having similar path abilities...well, at least in my opinion.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

I don't quite follow what you are saying, but that doesn't necessarily mean that I disagree with it. I just found it odd that there weren't any differences (except) in name when it came to path abilities, especially since there are (significant) differences in the regular mystic paths. The fact that we are all evokers, though, is a strong contributing factor to having similar path abilities...well, at least in my opinion.
    And that'll teach me to try explaining things whilst distracted. But yeah, you've pretty much got the heart of it. All of you - barring blackwind - are Evokers. So there's going to be similarities.
    Show

<struck dumb>

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, Snow's saving mine for last probably because mine is different XD

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    Yeah, Snow's saving mine for last probably because mine is different XD
    xD

Actually I'm more leaning towards saving Cadeyrn's for last. Mainly so I can drive Falcon mad with anticipation
    Show

<struck dumb>

28. - Top - End - #58

xD

Actually I'm more leaning towards saving Cadeyrn's for last. Mainly so I can drive Falcon mad with anticipation
    I KNEW IT!!!!! I WAS TOTALLY TELLING MYSELF THAT SNOW WAS WAITING ON MY PATH BECAUSE I'M PRACTICALLY DROOLING OVER HERE IN ANTICIPATION!!!!

lol

Not really, you can take your time.
    Last edited by Falcon777; 2013-09-01 at 01:30 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

xD

lol, i only figured mine would be last because i'm the only one that didn't choose to go Evoker XD

30. - Top - End - #60

For those of you that like epic music, here's something that I will probably link to later on in the game when we are having an epic battle:

"TO GLORY!!!!"

And another: "A hero will rise!"
    Last edited by Falcon777; 2013-09-01 at 04:04 PM.