Level:Brd 1, Sor/Wiz 1

Components:V, S
    Casting Time:1 minute
    Range:Touch
    Target:One living creature touched
    Duration:See text
    Saving Throw:None
    Spell Resistance:Yes

You send a phantasmal message to a creature you are touching in the form of a dream. At the beginning of the spell, you must name the recipient or identify him or her by some title that leaves no doubt as to identity. You then enter a trance, appear in the intended recipient’s dream, and deliver the message. The message can be of any length, and the recipient remembers it perfectly upon waking. The communication is one-way. The recipient cannot ask questions or offer information, nor can you gain any information by observing the dreams of the recipient.

Once the message is delivered, your mind returns instantly to your body. The duration of the spell is the time required for you to enter the recipient’s dream and deliver the message.

If you are awake when the spell begins, you can choose to wake up (ending the spell) or remain in the trance. You can remain in the trance until the recipient goes to sleep, then enter the recipient’s dream and deliver the message as normal. If you are disturbed during the trance you awaken, ending the spell.

Creatures who don’t sleep (such as elves, but not half-elves) or don’t dream cannot be contacted by this spell.

You are unaware of your own surroundings and of the activities around you while in the trance. You are defenseless both physically and mentally (always failing any saving throw) while in the trance.

Edit: Reworded first sentence to clarify range.
    Last edited by ideasmith; 2013-08-29 at 03:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newtkeeper View Post
    Dude, we're geeks. Overanalysis is our job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingel View Post
    You are funny, ideasmith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadskye View Post
    I really like the way the Awareness school came about. I created a Detection subschool, which you reinterpreted into a conceptually distinct Awareness subschool. Then I misinterpreted what you meant and created yet another conceptually (slightly) distinct Awareness subschool. Teamwork!
    My Extended Signature