New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: 4E: The Orcus Storyline: Red Box (IC)

Missing? Something? Fjarr asked hesitantly. What do you mean?

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Fallcrest Market

At The Marketplace

Graxaan turns to look at the disk in response to the mans comment. "Missing something?" he thinks, as Fjarr asks the same aloud. His mind races as he looks over the disk, which is still only covered in wolves and goblin weaponry.
    I stream RPG sessions, campaign preparation, and world-building via my Twitch Channel and upload them to my Youtube Channel.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I can't think of anything we're missing," Ezhera said to her companions, "Unless he's talking about, well, Luke, but our friends should be taking care of him." She turned back to the merchant. "I'd be interested in being enlightened as well about what we're missing."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zingbobco000 View Post
    Joe says "Well, I don't think I know what you're talking about but if you would consider this a secret than I'll guess I'll share it with you. I was not raised among dragonborns, I was raised in a halfling tribe, I know nothing about honor, just how to be friendly and give your friends respect, I hope that this doesn't mean that I cannot be in this group, I'm just..." He pauses trying to find the right word, "Different."

At the Church
    "There are no secrets being shared here, only the truth. As for holding it against you, that is for your friends to weigh themselves in their minds." Marla stated with no expression of her own. She then begins to chant again in the Ancient language.

A few minutes later, Marla finishes chanting and tells you you can remove your hands from Luke's shoulders and he only needs rest now. However, as soon as you remove your hands, you all begin to feel light-headed and soon feint.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by darklink_shadow View Post
    Missing? Something? Fjarr asked hesitantly. What do you mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter View Post
    At The Marketplace

Graxaan turns to look at the disk in response to the mans comment. "Missing something?" he thinks, as Fjarr asks the same aloud. His mind races as he looks over the disk, which is still only covered in wolves and goblin weaponry.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterGhandalf View Post
    "I can't think of anything we're missing," Ezhera said to her companions, "Unless he's talking about, well, Luke, but our friends should be taking care of him." She turned back to the merchant. "I'd be interested in being enlightened as well about what we're missing."

At the Marketplace
    "You only have three goblin daggers there, now unless one broke, i would think you would have had four due to them always being in pairs" Parle said while lightly pointing to the disk where the goblin weapons laid.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Fallcrest Market

At The Marketplace

With another glance back at the pile of weapons on the disk, Graxaan thinks aloud for a moment. "Well some of the weaponry did break, when we left the crossroads we had in our possession four daggers and two swords.." He scratches his chin and thinks. "But regarding them being in pairs, they only numbered three when they attacked us on the road."
    Last edited by Bounty Hunter; 2013-09-08 at 05:19 PM.
    I stream RPG sessions, campaign preparation, and world-building via my Twitch Channel and upload them to my Youtube Channel.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

At the Marketplace
    Parle slightly chuckles at what Graxaan had said in which he responded, "No no, you misunderstood. I said the daggers come in pairs unless one breaks, not that goblins attack in pairs. I'm a Scholar after all, i collect information like this to show how this world evolves." Parle then patiently waits for it to click in Graxaan's head while the other merchants around them start to close up shop.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Fallcrest Market

At The Marketplace

"Ah, right..." Graxaan mumbles a bit. "Given the events that have transpired today, you'll have to forgive my misunderstanding. I very dearly need to find the comfort of a bed and a solid days rest." Turning the conversation back to the goblin daggers, Graxaan works the math out loud. "There were three goblins, each had two daggers once we disposed of the threat. However, due to the shoddy craftsmanship, two of them were already broken... which leaves us to the four we have." Graxaan points to the three daggers on the disk. "Wait... where is the other dagger...?" He asks openly of the his two companions with a slightly confused look on his face.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Fjarr scowled at Graxaan. Was it actually three that broken then? I wasn't paying any heed to the looting, I was more interested in our downed man and the wolves. Well, it's no matter. Maybe we left one behind, maybe it was three that broke, or maybe one is still lodge in Luke. Regardless, Fjarr turns to the scholar. Are you interested in buying?

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Fallcrest Market - Graxaan Ironhide

At The Marketplace

Quite positive that there were in fact four daggers and two swords still useable when they left the crossroads, Graxaan remains lost in thought for a moment as he replays the events in his mind from the crossroads until now. In this moment Fjarr speaks up, reminding him of their need to be hasty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjarr
    .......regardless; Are you interested in buying?
    Snapping out of his thoughts the dragonborn turns back to the merchant; "Yes, we wouldnt want to hold you up any longer, it looks like all the other merchants have pretty much closed for the day. Would you be interested in either the weaponry or the wolf pelts and meats?

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

At the Marketplace
    Parle nodded in response to the two. After quickly looking over the animals and weaponry he said, "I can offer you 5 gold pieces and 5 silver pieces."

Private @Zing, Ardur, Tman, and Asteron
    Spoiler
    Show
    Watch your Inbox, i'll be sending you changes to your characters that you'll need to fix on your sheet

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Fallcrest Market - Graxaan Ironhide

"Eight gold pieces...". The Dragonborn counters the merchant quickly. "I understand your need to make a profit, but you can easily fetch three gold for each wolf between the meat and fur. The weapons aren't much, I understand, but that's nine gold pieces at the least from the wolves. We took great care in transporting them here as you can see, and they're scarcely a few hours old."

Spoiler
    Show
    Just throwing this out, in case you want it:

Diplomacy: [roll]1d20+9[/rol]

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Guess who cant type

Diplomacy: (1d20+9)[20]

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Parle stops to think for a second and then responds with, "Hmm good offer but i am not a fool. My final offer for you is this: 6 gold pieces and 5 silver pieces. I have no intention of selling the meat as it provides me with food, and depending on how well things go for you, you may want to check back with me later. I'm your best bet at a fair price."

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

Graxaan mulls it over for a moment before speaking again. "Six gold pieces and fives silver pieces for the wolves and weapons now... on the condition that should we return from our adventure bearing more goods, we dont play the silly haggling games and you give us a fair deal; one that allows for both parties to make the profit to be had. And with this you have our word that we come to your shop first, rather than any other fine establishments." The dragonborn halfway motions to the, now mostly empty, marketplace tents around them and then extends a clawed hand towards the man to see if he accepts these terms.

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy : (1d20+9)[25]
    Last edited by Bounty Hunter; 2013-09-09 at 11:37 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

"hmm..." Parle says thinking it over until finally he agrees and shakes the dragonborn's clawed hand. "Agreed, now why don't you bring the stuff here into my warehouse so you can be on your way, alright?" Parle moves from the stall to the building right behind his stall and unlocks the door waving for them to bring the stuff in.

The walls on this warehouse are neatly organized and even dust and dirt free. While some of the walls bear Jars of different liquids or materials, other walls hold books that could possibly be read.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm... that's a lot of books. Who on the Material could ever read so many books in one lifetime. Fjarr comments, more to himself than anyone else. With a shrug, he sets to unloading the wolves. What all do you study, Mr. Cranewing?

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

At the Marketplace
    Parle had removed items off of a table for the stuff to be placed upon. "Why, I study and make note of the entire world my friend" he says with a smile. "I am fortunate enough to talk to adventurers like yourselves from time to time to learn how certain creatures now act. I've also collected maps of different areas that build on the world as we know it."

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

The whole world? Ha, well I bet you have some stories to tell and interesting theories to discuss, then, haven't you? I'm sorry, in our haste to close a deal, I believe we out ran our manners. I am Fjarr Kahla. It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Cranewing. Fjarr rubbed his hands together and then on his robes before offering a claw. I'd say I'd have likely made you my preferred merchant even if my friend hadn't already made promises on my behalf without my consent. It really is nice to have meet an intellectual man such as yourself. Perhaps some other time you can show me these maps, or share some insight into the world.

Spoiler
    Show
    Good old diplomacy to raise influence levels!
    (d20+5)[18]

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Parle shakes his hand while saying, "nice to meet you Fjarr, but yes, if you ever have time, i'd be glad to show you some of my maps and tell you some interesting facts about this world and some about the elements even." He then continued to even help with unloading the rest of the stuff to speed things up.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Fallcrest Market - Graxxaan Ironhide

In Parle's Warehouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjarr
    I'd say I'd have likely made you my preferred merchant even if my friend hadn't already made promises on my behalf without my consent.
    "All a part of business...it was important that we reach agreeable terms so that we could be rid of the goods and focus on the more important matters at hand. A sentiment that I'm sure the scholar could appreciate, considering everyone else had already closed up shop for the evening and he found himself still in the street haggling over a few dead wolves. I remind you that the agreement made was to the benefit and profit of all parties involved, to include you, and looks to provide further profit both monetarily and otherwise." The dragonborn unloads the final wolf carcass from the floating disk and takes a moment to look around at the items in the warehouse around him as the others finish up with the weapons, hoping to soon collect the payment and be on their way. Hopefully the others were as successful as they had been and had brought the body to the temple in time, if not gone so far as having started whatever ritual was required. How they'd ever afford it with the few measily gold they've manage to scrape up though...

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

At the Marketplace: Parle's Warehouse

Parle handed 6 gold and 5 silver pieces to Graxaan but asked politely, "I've learned of one Dragonborn's name, would it be possible to learn the rest?" He smiled politely as he then grabbed a few small things off of different shelves and placed them carefully in a backpack that he would later take with him.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ezhera stepped forward and extended a hand."I am Ezhera, Githzerai and psion," she said. "It is a pleasure to have met you. I'm sorry I didn't speak more; this has been a long, hard day for me. "

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Fallcrest Market - Graxxaan Ironhide

In Parle's Warehouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Parle
    "I've learned of one Dragonborn's name, would it be possible to learn the rest?"
    Graxaan counts the coins quickly before handing a single gold piece to each Fjarr and Ezherra, the drops the rest into a pouch on his belt. Extending a now-open hand towards the merchant, after he places the things into his backpack, Graxaan nods and introduces himself proper. "Graxaan ... cleric in the service of Pelor... a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah, no doubt you'll be visiting the Church of Pelor here next, am i correct?" Parle asks after nodding and shaking both of their hands. He then gathers up his backpack from the table and then presses on the corner of the table. He then walks away politely ushering the three out of the warehouse as he leaves and closes the door while still listening to what they might be saying, all while politely smiling.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

We are, if you are headed that way. Well, even if you aren't we would still be. That phrase is strange. We need to take this gold to pay for a revival, unless the church is feeling generous. Fjarr eyes the coin in his palm, then holds it in his claw for a moment before slipping it into his belt pouch.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

At the Marketplace
    "Ah, yes. Well, a donation to the church is always appreciated in many ways", Parle said as he started to walk toward the direction of the church. "I have a few moments, I can pay my respects to one of the many gods. Though i don't worship him like you Graxaan, I still respect him as a god..." Parle slowly then trails off in thought.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm? Fjarr grunts, questioningly. Who do you respect but not worship?

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Streets Of Fallcrest - Graxaan Ironhide

Their business completed; Graxaan marches through the streets at a brisk march. Half paying attention to the town and villagers around him, and half listening to the two behind him discuss dieties.
    Last edited by Bounty Hunter; 2013-09-11 at 12:54 AM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darklink_shadow View Post
    Hmm? Fjarr grunts, questioningly. Who do you respect but not worship?
    (And here was me expect Graxaan would have chimed in... Oh well)

Parle looked slightly confused at this, "do you not know who your fellow adventurer worships?" Parle then politely pointed toward Graxaan.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Streets Of Fallcrest - Graxaan Ironhide

(Was a quick post from phone sorry.)

As the group talks to their new acquiantance they near the Church of Pelor, a large stone building on the opposite side of the King's Road than from the Fallcrest marketplace. As Graxaan turns back to the group to comment on the sheer size of the building, he notices Parle had just said something and pointed to him. "I dont think he was asking about me sir, I think he was asking about you. He should know where my allegiance lies, especially considering I mentioned it, not ten minutes ago." As if for emphasis, he taps a single claw on the holy symbol of Pelor hanging on a chain around his neck.