Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLVI: Divided We Fall

Main Room

Mechanical Jaw Moff is in the Main Room, flipping through a men's swimsuit catalogue.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cell Block A]

Saahep smiles a bit wider, at that, then practically sings out another line.

"Is that sooooo..?"

Uh oh. That's never a good sign.

"In that case, I'll go ahead and mark you down for 'all of the above'. Since you were going to sell to everyone, presumably. Tell me, do you even know what you're meddling in? Do you even know what our enemies are and do? And how arrogant could you be to think that you'd leave AMEN unscathed?"

She's working on the psychological torture right now. She might get to the physical stuff later if she doesn't like the answers, though.
    Spoiler
    Show

Normal Avatar by Thormag!

Earthbound Immortal Uru avatar by Strawberries

3. - Top - End - #363
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Main Room

Mechanical Jaw Moff is in the Main Room, flipping through a men's swimsuit catalogue.
    [Room of Mains]

Harley follows the Orange Henchman through the base to the Main Room, where she sees the Moff there.

Oh, look, a swimsuit catalog. It looks pretty...manly.

She stands there with her arms folded and clears her throat.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

4. - Top - End - #364

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    [Cell Block A]

Saahep smiles a bit wider, at that, then practically sings out another line.

"Is that sooooo..?"

Uh oh. That's never a good sign.

"In that case, I'll go ahead and mark you down for 'all of the above'. Since you were going to sell to everyone, presumably. Tell me, do you even know what you're meddling in? Do you even know what our enemies are and do? And how arrogant could you be to think that you'd leave AMEN unscathed?"

She's working on the psychological torture right now. She might get to the physical stuff later if she doesn't like the answers, though.
    She seems extremely extremely scared now.
    N-no. I-I didn't e-expect to g-get c-caught..
    Avatar by Gulaghar, thanks so much!

"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtok
    If it'll keep you from linking that abomination ever again, then fine. You're evil enough. You win.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cell Block A]

Saa frowns a moment at the answer, but puts her guise back up quickly enough. And then she attempts, in one sudden, swift move, to thrust her palm into Caelynn's sternum. Hard.

Well, hard enough to shove air out of the lungs. Probably not hard enough to crack bone. Unless Caelynn happens to have osteoporosis.

"That was not what I asked."

Assuming that all has gone to plan so far, she then releases her hold. It's sort of hard to answer questions without being able to breathe, after all.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #366

[Cell Block A]

Saa frowns a moment at the answer, but puts her guise back up quickly enough. And then she attempts, in one sudden, swift move, to thrust her palm into Caelynn's sternum. Hard.

Well, hard enough to shove air out of the lungs. Probably not hard enough to crack bone. Unless Caelynn happens to have osteoporosis.

"That was not what I asked."

Assuming that all has gone to plan so far, she then releases her hold. It's sort of hard to answer questions without being able to breathe, after all.
    Caelynn is caught off guard. Saa may notice her palm hurts slightly
    She is winded, and gasps for breath.
    I didn't know, I don't know, and I expected to get away unscathed because I didn't expect to get caught!
    She still is terrified, but seems a bit angry now.

"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    If it'll keep you from linking that abomination ever again, then fine. You're evil enough. You win.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cell Block A]

You'll have to be a little more specific than that. Would it be pain because Caelynn's just tough enough to shove back a little bit? Does she have some magical effect that lashes out at things striking her? Does she sweat acid?

Of the three, only the magic would be so much as noticed unless the other two were very potent. Saahep's species has a thick layer of scales on top of an exoskeleton, so it takes a lot to actually make her feel pain.

Anyway, Saa returns to her previous disconcertingly-friendly-looking demeanor at that set of answers, seeming pleased now.

"That's better. Now, tell me. You were spying on us. Find anything interesting?"
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #368

[Cell Block A]

You'll have to be a little more specific than that. Would it be pain because Caelynn's just tough enough to shove back a little bit? Does she have some magical effect that lashes out at things striking her? Does she sweat acid?

Of the three, only the magic would be so much as noticed unless the other two were very potent. Saahep's species has a thick layer of scales on top of an exoskeleton, so it takes a lot to actually make her feel pain.

Anyway, Saa returns to her previous disconcertingly-friendly-looking demeanor at that set of answers, seeming pleased now.

"That's better. Now, tell me. You were spying on us. Find anything interesting?"
    It would feel like she had hit a wooden shield. It's magical in origin.
    No. I literally had just teleported in here when I was caught.

~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cell Block A]

Ah. Well, she'd feel that simply due to the amount of pressure involved, but it wouldn't really hurt. It'd probably just feel like a mildly surprising amount of resistance, like shoving someone who's a bit heavier than they look.

The Thrax's smile shifts into more of a smirk. Seems she's given up on that playing nice game. Which is probably a mercy, really. It's significantly less creepy, though fear still isn't an inordinate reaction.

"Too bad. Might've been fun to have a bit of dirt on my compatriots. Ah well.

Now, one question remains: What should I do with you? You're pretty much useless for actual information.

On the other hand, nobody sent you. Which means that nobody's going to come looking for you. And, well, my list of victims is a little bit on the sparse side, if you catch my meaning..."
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #370

[Cell Block A]

Ah. Well, she'd feel that simply due to the amount of pressure involved, but it wouldn't really hurt. It'd probably just feel like a mildly surprising amount of resistance, like shoving someone who's a bit heavier than they look.

The Thrax's smile shifts into more of a smirk. Seems she's given up on that playing nice game. Which is probably a mercy, really. It's significantly less creepy, though fear still isn't an inordinate reaction.

"Too bad. Might've been fun to have a bit of dirt on my compatriots. Ah well.

Now, one question remains: What should I do with you? You're pretty much useless for actual information.

On the other hand, nobody sent you. Which means that nobody's going to come looking for you. And, well, my list of victims is a little bit on the sparse side, if you catch my meaning..."
    Caelynn's eyes widen
    Please... No... I-I'll do anything you want! I can g-give you info on HALO! J-just please d-don't kill me!
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-11-15 at 03:24 PM.

~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cell Block A]

Saa grins evilly.

"Who said I was going to kill you? No, I thought of a way you could be useful after all. AMEN's lost a lot of its fear and respect recently, and that's a bad thing.

I'm not going to kill you, not down here. That's just blood without purpose. I'm going to demonstrate why random heroes and fools shouldn't **** with AMEN, and then I'm going to let you walk off.

To be an example for others."

...Uh oh.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #372

[Cell Block A]

Saa grins evilly.

"Who said I was going to kill you? No, I thought of a way you could be useful after all. AMEN's lost a lot of its fear and respect recently, and that's a bad thing.

I'm not going to kill you, not down here. That's just blood without purpose. I'm going to demonstrate why random heroes and fools shouldn't **** with AMEN, and then I'm going to let you walk off.

To be an example for others."

...Uh oh.
    Caelynn just attempts to back away from Saahep into the back wall to get as far away from her as possible.
    She's extremely terrified

~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cell Block A]

In what might be the most glaringly wrong shift yet, Saa puts the motherly smile back on as she takes a step foward.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. No more words? No more excuses? Nothing useful? Surely you didn't expect me to just say 'Okay, we're done, you can go now', did you?

We're the Association for the Malicious, Evil, and Nefarious, and we didn't get that way by letting people off with a slap on the wrist and a second chance."

From there, the Thrax telegraphs a right hook...

...before suddenly pulling back and attempting to thrust her left knee into the Faunus' Solar Plexus instead. If that's successful, she follows through with her right hand in an attempt to get Caelynn in a chokehold.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #374

[Cell Block A]

In what might be the most glaringly wrong shift yet, Saa puts the motherly smile back on as she takes a step foward.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. No more words? No more excuses? Nothing useful? Surely you didn't expect me to just say 'Okay, we're done, you can go now', did you?

We're the Association for the Malicious, Evil, and Nefarious, and we didn't get that way by letting people off with a slap on the wrist and a second chance."

From there, the Thrax telegraphs a right hook...

...before suddenly pulling back and attempting to thrust her left knee into the Faunus' Solar Plexus instead. If that's successful, she follows through with her right hand in an attempt to get Caelynn in a chokehold.
    Caelynn lifts her left arm to block the right hook really, really fast. Twice as fast as a usual person would. Then she gets kneed.
    The wooden shield feeling is felt again, and Caelynn cries out in pain and is winded. Then she's in a chokehold.
    Please...stop...
    She's crying a bit now.

~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cell Block A]

Saahep's adrenaline is pumping in force now: If the effect hurt her before, it certainly doesn't now. Plus she's accounting for the information and bracing properly for the "armor" now anyway.

Heck, she's downright excited now. It's been a while since she's done anything so personally violent; usually she fights with her actual weapons, and it's actually quite liberating to be using her own body to inflict pain.

Oh, and her wings have instinctively unfolded to make her look bigger and more intimidating. There's barely even enough room for them to spread in the cell, and the ends are poking outside the bars. Bonus points for blocking DarkOrange's line of sight, too.

Really, she's probably not even aware that she's doing it, much less that it's negating her backup plan.

As for Saa herself, she's given up on trying to keep herself cool and collected, and at this point sports a manic grin, her sharp teeth completely bared. She's trying to hold Caelynn just high enough up on the wall so that her feet aren't touching the ground, and squeezing hard enough that she might find it difficult to perform the breathing that's required to put up a fight, but not so hard that she's suffocating to death or completely unable to speak. Talking like this is probably rather difficult, but she could probably gurgle out some intelligible words with effort.

Her other hand pulls a jagged obsidian-edged knife free from a sheath at her hip, though she doesn't use it quite yet.

"And why should I? Why are you worth anything to anyone?!"

Spoiler
    Show

Alright, from an OOC perspective, here's what Saa is planning:

Basically, she intends to use her sharp, jagged knife to carve messages about not messing with AMEN and words like "Spy" into some visible areas with a jagged knife, then leaving them untreated so that they scar.

She also plans to carve an antimagic rune into the small of her back in a similar manner, so she can't teleport around or use any other personal magic until it's removed somehow.

From there, there's two ways of finishing this that I haven't decided on yet.

The first is being sold into slavery, and putting some money in Saa's pocket at another's misery. I know you already have a character who's been a slave, though, and this might not be a good way to go for that reason.

The other, potentially much more harrowing, idea was that Caelynn would be stripped nude, and a long gash drawn along her gut so that she would be forced to hold her intestines in until the wound heals. Then she'd be basically shoved out the front door into freedom...

...while the henchmen get some practice with their aim. Moving quickly would be a good idea, in that case.

Obviously all of these things are semi-permanent and in some cases very gruesome or even potentially character-changing consequences, so I thought I'd run it all by you before anything happens.

If you'd prefer this toned down, of course, just let me know. The above would be in-character for Saa, but I wouldn't want to ruin your characterization for my own.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #376
    Troll in the Playground

Cell Block A

A Moff seems to have slipped in at some point to observe the proceedings. He's just standing and leaning against the wall, watching the prisoner torture. As you do.

He can be skipped unless directly addressed.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #377

[Cell Block A]

Saahep's adrenaline is pumping in force now: If the effect hurt her before, it certainly doesn't now. Plus she's accounting for the information and bracing properly for the "armor" now anyway.

Heck, she's downright excited now. It's been a while since she's done anything so personally violent; usually she fights with her actual weapons, and it's actually quite liberating to be using her own body to inflict pain.

Oh, and her wings have instinctively unfolded to make her look bigger and more intimidating. There's barely even enough room for them to spread in the cell, and the ends are poking outside the bars. Bonus points for blocking DarkOrange's line of sight, too.

Really, she's probably not even aware that she's doing it, much less that it's negating her backup plan.

As for Saa herself, she's given up on trying to keep herself cool and collected, and at this point sports a manic grin, her sharp teeth completely bared. She's trying to hold Caelynn just high enough up on the wall so that her feet aren't touching the ground, and squeezing hard enough that she might find it difficult to perform the breathing that's required to put up a fight, but not so hard that she's suffocating to death or completely unable to speak. Talking like this is probably rather difficult, but she could probably gurgle out some intelligible words with effort.

Her other hand pulls a jagged obsidian-edged knife free from a sheath at her hip, though she doesn't use it quite yet.

"And why should I? Why are you worth anything to anyone?!"

Spoiler
    Show

Alright, from an OOC perspective, here's what Saa is planning:

Basically, she intends to use her sharp, jagged knife to carve messages about not messing with AMEN and words like "Spy" into some visible areas with a jagged knife, then leaving them untreated so that they scar.

She also plans to carve an antimagic rune into the small of her back in a similar manner, so she can't teleport around or use any other personal magic until it's removed somehow.

From there, there's two ways of finishing this that I haven't decided on yet.

The first is being sold into slavery, and putting some money in Saa's pocket at another's misery. I know you already have a character who's been a slave, though, and this might not be a good way to go for that reason.

The other, potentially much more harrowing, idea was that Caelynn would be stripped nude, and a long gash drawn along her gut so that she would be forced to hold her intestines in until the wound heals. Then she'd be basically shoved out the front door into freedom...

...while the henchmen get some practice with their aim. Moving quickly would be a good idea, in that case.

Obviously all of these things are semi-permanent and in some cases very gruesome or even potentially character-changing consequences, so I thought I'd run it all by you before anything happens.

If you'd prefer this toned down, of course, just let me know. The above would be in-character for Saa, but I wouldn't want to ruin your characterization for my own.
    I... Have... Very... Influential... Allies
    Caelynn gurgles.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd prefer her not to have the rune carved and the intestine thing,
    But I don't mind either of those ways.

~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cell Block A]

The Moff goes unnoticed by Saa, though Olive waves at the newcomer! How nice. If only because it's a distraction from watching somebody breaking down in there.

"Oh? Do tell! I'd love to hear this..."

The thrax still sports her threatening posture and manic grin, though she relaxes her grip slightly, if only so that it becomes easier to speak. That's not to say that she's entirely dropped the threat of direct physical torture. In fact, she makes sure to flick the knife so as to emphasize that.

Spoiler
    Show
    That's fine, since the rune's easy enough to just overlook and the disembowelment was mostly just an extra dash of cruelty on a misery sundae. Depending on how the allies thing pans out, she just might end up getting away without the worse stuff anyway.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #379

[Cell Block A]

The Moff goes unnoticed by Saa, though Olive waves at the newcomer! How nice. If only because it's a distraction from watching somebody breaking down in there.

"Oh? Do tell! I'd love to hear this..."

The thrax still sports her threatening posture and manic grin, though she relaxes her grip slightly, if only so that it becomes easier to speak. That's not to say that she's entirely dropped the threat of direct physical torture. In fact, she makes sure to flick the knife so as to emphasize that.

Spoiler
    Show
    That's fine, since the rune's easy enough to just overlook and the disembowelment was mostly just an extra dash of cruelty on a misery sundae. Depending on how the allies thing pans out, she just might end up getting away without the worse stuff anyway.
    Ritzy Mccane and Tobias Vulpin.
    (That's the name of the leader of HALO, right?)
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-11-15 at 05:20 PM.

~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cell Block A]

Saa's face falls into a sneer as she tries to lift the Faunus even higher.

"Lies. Never even heard of Ritzy, so I doubt he matters, but Tobias? He's in charge of HALO. You know, the organization that you claimed to have no association with not so long ago. You're an embarrassment to spies everywhere: You can't even keep your own damn alibis straight.

You'd better start talking now or I'll start peeling up your nerves cord by cord until you do."
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #381

[Cell Block A]

Saa's face falls into a sneer as she tries to lift the Faunus even higher.

"Lies. Never even heard of Ritzy, so I doubt he matters, but Tobias? He's in charge of HALO. You know, the organization that you claimed to have no association with not so long ago. You're an embarrassment to spies everywhere: You can't even keep your own damn alibis straight.

You'd better start talking now or I'll start peeling up your nerves cord by cord until you do."
    You asked who sent me, not who i was associated with! I wasn't sent by HALO to spy! I don't DO that sort of thing for them!
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-11-15 at 05:37 PM.

~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cell Block A]

Saa frowns: Caelynn's right, technically, and that really annoys her. Still, it's an opening to work with. The Thrax releases her grip, dropping the faunus to her feet.

"Alright then, indulge me: What DO you do for HALO, and why shouldn't I just kill you where you stand and bargain off your soul to one of the Demons or Devils around here?"

Saahep's wings fall back to normal about now, too. Getting the wind knocked out of her proverbial sails kind of killed her mood.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #383

[Cell Block A]

Saa frowns: Caelynn's right, technically, and that really annoys her. Still, it's an opening to work with. The Thrax releases her grip, dropping the faunus to her feet.

"Alright then, indulge me: What DO you do for HALO, and why shouldn't I just kill you where you stand and bargain off your soul to one of the Demons or Devils around here?"

Saahep's wings fall back to normal about now, too. Getting the wind knocked out of her proverbial sails kind of killed her mood.
    Caelynn collapses on the ground.
    she is defiantly silent.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-11-15 at 06:17 PM.

~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cell Block A]

Saa smiles again. It's fairly neutral, unlike her previous creepy, manic, and smirking types. She wants to play the quiet game? Saahep can play the quiet game.

The quiet game is easier when you're the one with the knife, though. Said knife is presently being swung with intent to draw a long, shallow, diagonal gash across Caelynn's chest. Through clothes and all.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #385

[Cell Block A]

Saa smiles again. It's fairly neutral, unlike her previous creepy, manic, and smirking types. She wants to play the quiet game? Saahep can play the quiet game.

The quiet game is easier when you're the one with the knife, though. Said knife is presently being swung with intent to draw a long, shallow, diagonal gash across Caelynn's chest. Through clothes and all.
    The blade is not blocked.
    Caelynn cries out in pain.

~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cell Block A]

A deep breath: The smell of fresh blood. Wonderful!

Saa smirks again.

"Hey, I can do this all day. Or I could strap you down, find my tweezers, and physically peel your nerves out of your body one at a time, but that's a huge hassle. Granted, I don't know too much about your species' anatomy, but finding out is half of the fun, eh?

Or you could just talk, but hey, let's not go crazy here. I've been looking forward to some good, old-fashioned torture for a while now."

Another slash in the opposite direction, to punctuate the point.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #387

[Cell Block A]

A deep breath: The smell of fresh blood. Wonderful!

Saa smirks again.

"Hey, I can do this all day. Or I could strap you down, find my tweezers, and physically peel your nerves out of your body one at a time, but that's a huge hassle. Granted, I don't know too much about your species' anatomy, but finding out is half of the fun, eh?

Or you could just talk, but hey, let's not go crazy here. I've been looking forward to some good, old-fashioned torture for a while now."

Another slash in the opposite direction, to punctuate the point.
    Caelynn cries out in pain again.
    I'm not telling you anything.

~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cell Block A]

The Thrax shrugs.

"That's what you say now. You might feel differently a few weeks from now, after I'm done passing you around the base. Some of these members are real deviants, you know that? I mean, I don't shy away from dirty business, but I'm downright friendly by comparison.

I mean, heck! I even gave you a few chances to share before I so much as put a scratch on you!"

No new wounds this time. She's going to let the existing ones bleed and fester, though.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #389

[Cell Block A]

The Thrax shrugs.

"That's what you say now. You might feel differently a few weeks from now, after I'm done passing you around the base. Some of these members are real deviants, you know that? I mean, I don't shy away from dirty business, but I'm downright friendly by comparison.

I mean, heck! I even gave you a few chances to share before I so much as put a scratch on you!"

No new wounds this time. She's going to let the existing ones bleed and fester, though.
    I bet my gauntlets that won't happen.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-11-15 at 08:06 PM.

~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

30. - Top - End - #390
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Cell Block A]

Not to say that this isn't fun. But I need to do some special feeding to rebuild. So I'm Asking. Can I Have her instead?

Eyes start opening on the walls with the black threads.
    Last edited by D_Lord; 2013-11-15 at 07:03 PM.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.