New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default 13th Age: What forum does it go in?

Some of you may not be familiar with 13th Age the (relatively) new d20 system designed by Jonathan Sweet and Rob Heinloo.

It's really neat and I'd like to discuss it but I'm not sure where to post about it.

Does it go with 3.5/d20 or does it qualify as "Other Systems"? It's very much a d20 fantasy game but it is indie published. So where does it go?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: 13th Age: What forum does it go in?

Do you think it's "compatible" with 3.5e and Pathfinder? Then put it there.
    If it's more like a different game, put it into "other".
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Technically, compatibility has nothing to do with it. If it's based on d20, and it's fantasy, it goes with D&D 3e/3.5e/d20 (which is why I am never gonna open a Blue Rose discussion, since it will get lost underneath all the D&D threads).
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

The Mod Wonder: I'll b bring this up with the other Mods. Since C&C tends to gravitate to "Other Systems" despite being a d20 fantasy game, I'd lean towards 13th Age winding up there; Numinera definitely does.

And, as a note, Pathfinder STILL belongs in the 3.x section. A good portion of any trip through the boards is moving 3.x and Pathfinder threads back to where they belong. PLEASE pay attention to that.
    Last edited by LibraryOgre; 2013-09-03 at 11:42 AM.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.