New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 924252627282930313233343536 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1059
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: OotS Style Art/Fanart Showcase VI

Quote Originally Posted by AsteriskAmp View Post
    Far less ambitious and actually wallpaper sized this time around.

Link to fullsize.
    Spoiler: The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
    Show
    Just beautiful! So is this a real game, or just wishful thinking?
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

2. - Top - End - #992
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    Just beautiful! So is this a real game, or just wishful thinking?
    Thanks. Phantom Hourglass IS a real game. The illustration might have been painted to a dramatized romantic ideal rather than as a true depiction of the idiosyncratic graphical elements of the game in question. With some DS moding and a custom model it might be possible to get Linebeck (the coated character) looking exactly like that though and the opening cutscene has a similar atmosphere and weather.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ogre in the Playground

*sits mystery twins here and runs*
    It feels like forever since I posted anything here, but it makes me sad to see this thread dead and I've been planning on coming back and being active on this forum again so here we are. Also New Avi!

Edit:
    And two versions of the original mystery twins too.

I was very tempted to make kid!Ford my avatar instead of Dipdop but I'm sticking with Dipper.
    Last edited by asdflove; 2018-09-26 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Stanley looks very excited hahaha
    My pronouns are they/them, but I don't care much.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by asdflove View Post
    [snippety]
    It feels like forever since I posted anything here, but it makes me sad to see this thread dead and I've been planning on coming back and being active on this forum again so here we are. Also New Avi!

Edit:

[snippety]
    I was very tempted to make kid!Ford my avatar instead of Dipdop but I'm sticking with Dipper.
    [snip]
    The kid versions look pretty great, adult versions head size doesn't really fit with body size. You might want to have pointier edges using the Extrude Edge/Edge to Fill tool that makes the stroke it's own fill and let's you adjust the corners, particularly for the hair and the overcoat slashed edges.

Waddles looks absolutely adorable.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by asdflove View Post
    <image snip>

Edit:

<image snip>
    <image snip>
    My daughters love this show (although they're currently on a Ducktales kick)! I'll have to share your images with them!
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

6. - Top - End - #996
    Pixie in the Playground

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ogre in the Playground

Very nice work. :-D

8. - Top - End - #998
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Have to say, I'm pretty happy with Kurien's work on this one.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wow Giblet your style perfectly matches the original one!
    I have so much to learn from you! Would you mind divulging some trade secrets?
    Ask me to do your new avatar! (Payment is in cookies)
    "You have to deliver your craziness in little pieces, you can't do it all at once!" -Scrubs

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

The Mod on the Silver Mountain: Raise Thread!
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ettin in the Playground

Many thanks, Peelee!

So I've been working on a bunch of OotS-style drawings for a Dark Sun game, and this is what I've got so far:
    Malcom Rennfar, Itinerant Cleric of Air; Palomi, Former Gladiator turned Preserver; Ayanna, half-giant Gladiator, and E'Chick, Thri-Kreen Telepathist
    Spoiler: Ye Olde Groupe Shotte
    Show

I'm pretty happy with everyone except Mal. He's supposed to look like Malcom Reynolds, but I'm having trouble with the hair.

Spoiler: Old Version
    Show
    Here's a close-up: vs.

Can anyone help me out here?

Edit: Further Progress. Looks a lot better, but still not completely happy with it. (Based off Uncle Squeaky's hair)
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2020-10-04 at 10:17 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Orc in the Playground

Huh, for some reason I don't go into the art forum much and I didn't know this thread existed.

I've tried my hand at making OotS-style characters before; I made one as an avatar while I was playing a game on here, and I made a second for fun before the game fizzled.

The game was intended to span several settings, so these are characters from the one I contributed. Basically, "Shadowrun, but what if furry and also JoJo?"

Vivian "Silver" Reinhardt and her Agathion, Jam Project:

Denise "Excise" Rakontra and her Agathion, Shonen Knife:

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Ettin in the Playground

Due to circumstances beyond my control, E'Chick has become Laj'Kiksa, a gladiator:
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2020-11-05 at 04:02 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Dwarf in the Playground

I love the gradient effect on the shield, Lord Torath, it's a lovely detail. The transparency on the shuriken really add to the piece - there's a lot of little details that really make it stand out, especially when it's full size and not rescaled for your avatar. The idea of tackling a character with four arms, an insectoid abdomen and irregular leg shapes while keeping the OOTS trademark style and silhouette is pretty damn intimidating to me, but you pulled it off really well!
    I draw, and I write sometimes! Drow paladin avatar by me. They/Them

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by deltamire View Post
    I love the gradient effect on the shield, Lord Torath, it's a lovely detail. The transparency on the shuriken really add to the piece - there's a lot of little details that really make it stand out, especially when it's full size and not rescaled for your avatar. The idea of tackling a character with four arms, an insectoid abdomen and irregular leg shapes while keeping the OOTS trademark style and silhouette is pretty damn intimidating to me, but you pulled it off really well!
    Thanks!

To be perfectly honest though, this is heavily based on Rich Berlew's A Monster for Every Season: Autumn. The body shape is from his "Mantis Folk", while the abdomen is from his Giant Preying Mantis. The equipment is all mine, though.

The gradient effect on the shield (and his eyes) is from Inkscape. I'm still trying to figure out how to change the color on it.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Pixie in the Playground

Started the tutorial a couple days ago...
    This is kind of rough compared to everyone else's (I mean, wow!), but here it is. My ranger character for a game I'm currently in.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sandslinger View Post
    This is kind of rough compared to everyone else's (I mean, wow!), but here it is. My ranger character for a game I'm currently in.
    Not bad. One thing most people do is round the corners and ends of your lines. I'd also recommend making your thinner lines (hood crease and sword hilt) maybe twice as thick as they currently are.

I'm on something of a Dark Sun kick:

And here's Palomi riding her kank:

I think some stirrups might be in order.
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2020-11-17 at 10:29 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1008

Quote Originally Posted by Sandslinger View Post
    Pretty awesome! Though if you want to use it as an avatar, you might need to resize it. I think the limit is 120x120, getting it there should make it fit perfectly.

Not bad. One thing most people do is round the corners and ends of your lines. I'd also recommend making your thinner lines (hood crease and sword hilt) maybe twice as thick as they currently are.

I'm on something of a Dark Sun kick:

And here's Palomi riding her kank:

I think some stirrups might be in order.
    I like the buggy theme you got going.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2020-11-17 at 11:10 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ettin in the Playground

Got some more done. Here's a riding Inix:

...being ridden by a half-giant:

...and with a regular human and kank for scale:

No mekillot. Yet.

20. - Top - End - #1010

Oh thems pretty. I like.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanks, Peelee!

Still no mekillot. Here's a Crodlu instead:

With a Saddle:

And with other creatures for scale:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1012

And with other creatures for scale:
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's a pretty awesome adventuring party there, ya know.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    That's a pretty awesome adventuring party there, ya know.
    Thanks! It'll be even better when I can swap out the thri-kreen gladiator for a thri-kreen psionicist.1 Sadly, they will never get to adventure with each other, since they're all part of my Dark Sun Character Tree. Four PCs, and I swap them out on different adventures. Any time one of them levels up in an adventure, I can level up one of the ones that had to sit it out.

We're currently using psionics rules where you have to completely exhaust your opponent's PSPs before you can get in their head and do sneaking things, and the 'preferred' method of doing so costs you more PSPs than you strip off your opponent.
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2020-11-28 at 04:28 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Pixie in the Playground

confused Re: OotS Style Art/Fanart Showcase VI

Hi, folks. I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post on; I couldn't seem to find a better match. I recently decided to try my hand at rendering out the OoTS crew, but in non-OoTS style. I decided to start with V, because I like a challenge.

Any feedback is welcome.

PS: The original is much higher-res, but I'm not sure how large an image I can post here in the Playground. If you want the big 'un, it's at https://www.tabletopskills.com/images/Vaarsuvius.png

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Malinthas View Post
    Hi, folks. I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post on; I couldn't seem to find a better match. I recently decided to try my hand at rendering out the OoTS crew, but in non-OoTS style. I decided to start with V, because I like a challenge.
    I love the folds in the lower fabric and just above the cinched waist, it really adds to the solidity of their form! The lowered right hand feels natural too, the layout of the fingers is perfect. If you're directly asking for feedback - and I had to spend a good while studying the bigger picture to find anything that could be improved, it's a really well-rendered model - the only thing I would note would be in the space where the arm hole meets the sleeve in the left arm; the fabric everywhere else is lovely and flowing, but it feels tucked in there. You've got a seam drawing it in but I would just extend the fabric a couple of smidgens out at the bottom. Either way, I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest of the party, if you do continue!

May I ask what program you rendered them in, and how long it took?
    I draw, and I write sometimes! Drow paladin avatar by me. They/Them

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Pixie in the Playground

I used Carrara to render the image. It took somewhere just North of two hours from start to finish.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Pixie in the Playground

Sorry that this took so long, but real life intervened. I decided on doing Haley next. I'm open both to constructive criticism, and to suggestions for the next member of the Order to render.

I might even consider ancillary characters, if someone has a particularly desperate need (and assuming I have the appropriate assets/skills).

Full-size original at https://www.tabletopskills.com/images/Haley.png

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Pixie in the Playground

Got another one done; halfway through the Order, now. I chose to render Roy with what I think of as "Belkar face." As always, constructive feedback welcome.

Full-size at https://www.tabletopskills.com/images/Roy.png

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Pixie in the Playground

And, here's Elan!

Full-size version: https://www.tabletopskills.com/images/Elan.png

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Pixie in the Playground

Durkon Thundershield? Check! I had a real issue with the plate armor; it was hard to find. Still, I think it came out all right. Only one member left now!

Full-size at https://www.tabletopskills.com/images/Durkon.png