New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

confused Help with Duskblade

This is my first post on this website, be gentle.
    I've been playing with my cousin (DM) for about 2 years now. We have had a long break but bringing it back up soon.
    I have my full character sheet posted here.
    I need help with how to maximize my potential to maximize damage output. I could also use some help with his progression into epic levels, cap is 30. His cap is 29 because of the level adjustment.

For those who don't click the link, my character is a goliath duskblade 14 (ECL 15), and has ability to cast 4th level spells. When fully buffed out, here are his stats:
    HP 150
    AC 22 (50% miss chance with Cloak of Greater Displacement with 50% miss chance)
    BAB 14 (Attack bonus of 22 when maxed buff with +2 Greatsword)
    STR 26
    DEX 10
    CON 16
    INT 18
    WIS 15
    CHA 8

He is giving me the option to swap out 1 feat (EDIT: He is limiting Power Attack to +5 BAB rather than full value. Also Arcane Strike, a feat I do not possess, he limited it to one spell rather than the ridiculousness I tried to convince him letting me do here.

KNOWLEDGE DEVOTION
    SOMATIC WEAPONRY
    ARCANE DISCIPLE
    POWER ATTACK
    LEAP ATTACK
    CLEAVE
    IMPROVED CRITICAL

Possible Prestige classes/classes to branch to:
    Your input here?
    Last edited by Khaotickk; 2013-10-08 at 08:46 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Help with Duskblade

Only +5 PA? If your DM hates high damage output that much, you might not want to try to optimize your damage.

Anyway, I'm not an expert with Duskblades, so I'll just direct you to this handy handbook, which has tips for everything except PrCs (which a Duskblade doesn't really need). Comparing your build with the Iconic Duskblade makes me think you're doing alright, although I would swap out Cleave for Arcane Strike, and ask if I could write an LA Buyoff into my backstory.