New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends LII: Sin of the Blind Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Hullabaloo View Post
    I'm guessing this is LoL? Spoilered as it shows the winner in a funny way. The site and adds are probably NSFW.

:)
    I don't really find it funny, honestly.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

2. - Top - End - #572
    Troll in the Playground

It's also not LoL.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hullabaloo View Post
    I'm guessing this is LoL? Spoilered as it shows the winner in a funny way. The site and adds are probably NSFW.

:)
    Nope that's starcraft.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ettin in the Playground

I thought it funny in a dry sense of humor.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ozone v Gambit

Spoiler
    Show
    Ozone FINALLY showing how they earned a spot at worlds. Ran a double AD comp very, VERY well in their first clean game this series to destroy Gambit without dropping a tower.

I don't know how much they'll be able to run the double AD comp, since it doesn't work against all comps and I'd expect future opponents to be looking for it now. Still, this game shows that they're starting to pull together. I dunno if it's that they're over the jet lag, are getting used to the food, or what, but they looked so much better, and that game should give them a huge confidence boost.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    You had Kennen against yourself in lane.
    In general Aatrox just really hates AoE and excels at skirmishes.
    He still has a really good engage on people despite being a melee carry. Dives really well.
    He's strong, just can't be picked into everything.

Also, zany tales of my ranked games: my MMR is so high that I played my silver promo matches with Platinum players, got to Gold V, almost got to Gold IV and then immediately started losing games. It's so sad when in a single game you have a Platinum III that picks Ryze into Ahri and then fails and a Silver V Nami who takes your best position from you with her crappy duo queue partner from Plat II and goes Clarity.

Seriously, when I saw Clarity, I really considered dodging. ._.
    I'll see your Silver V and raise you a Platinum IV Qued with a Bronze II in one of my recent games. Who picked jungle Warwick, didn't even ATTEMPT a gank, and despite staying in jungle the entire time and not getting counter-jungled, was still level 5 when our bot lane was level 7.

Icing on the cake? We were actually winning slightly, until the game basically ended when I suffered my first DC in months.

Seriously, high-low duo ques piss me the **** off. The low ELO guy is being thrown into games that are at a level he simply can't play at, and the high ELOer is essentially forcing a 4v5 and hoping he can carry. I have yet to see a high-low que actually win.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2013-09-19 at 10:22 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Banned

Fnatic Vulcun
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, uh, get outplayed. Mancloud and Zuna lost lane by themselves and then Fnatic completely anticipated their roam. After that, well, Vulcun's comp was almost a mirror of Fnatic's (except with less frontline), so they couldn't leverage any sort of counterplay.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Dwarf in the Playground

So. Fnatic looking the strongest in Group B.

Predictions
    Spoiler
    Show

Will get to next phase:
    OMG and SKT1
    Fnatic and Gambit
    Last edited by FireJustice; 2013-09-20 at 12:55 AM.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Troll in the Playground

Fnatic x Ozone:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ozone bringing it home with the worst champ draft of the tournament despite Fnatic only having two bans. It's very unlikely that Ozone will make it past Groups unless Gambit drops one or two more games.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    Fnatic x Ozone:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ozone bringing it home with the worst champ draft of the tournament despite Fnatic only having two bans. It's very unlikely that Ozone will make it past Groups unless Gambit drops one or two more games.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The double mid to keep XPeke down was a good idea, especially when they roamed top for the double kill. Then DaDe threw away the advantage by feeding two unnecessary kills to the AD/Support. Ozone couldn't sustain pressure on towers afterward and from there, once the assassins got fed, it was all over. Kassadin/Zed is pretty brutal.

Ozone almost got the lane matchups they wanted. I assume they were trying for Zac in the 1v2 lane, because Zac against Zed just lets Zed farm without much threat.

DaDe has definitely looked like the Achilles heel of Ozone with a poor champion pool and debuting champions and then sucking at them. Mata hasn't really impressed me either.
    Last edited by Joran; 2013-09-20 at 01:10 AM.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Seriously, high-low duo ques piss me the **** off. The low ELO guy is being thrown into games that are at a level he simply can't play at, and the high ELOer is essentially forcing a 4v5 and hoping he can carry. I have yet to see a high-low que actually win.
    I'm actually starting to wonder if duo queuing is a complete waste of time when it comes to climbing the ladder. Like we said a few pages back, I actually believe that the high-low duo queue works best IF the low guy isn't playing an important role and the high guy can get into a position where he can snowball.

The only solo queue game i've lost in the past 3 days was with a high-low duo queue with the low guy playing jungle. He was completely outclassed by their jungler, was playing Jax and did next to nothing constructive after the laning phase had finished.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Colossus in the Playground

World Champs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, I'm not sure if anybody else has been paying attention but notice how blue side has like 80% win rate between the NA/EU/KR/CH teams?
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    I thought it funny in a dry sense of humor.
    I found it funny in a Brut sort of way.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Talesin View Post
    I'm actually starting to wonder if duo queuing is a complete waste of time when it comes to climbing the ladder. Like we said a few pages back, I actually believe that the high-low duo queue works best IF the low guy isn't playing an important role and the high guy can get into a position where he can snowball.
    The problem is, especially if you're duoing and the enemy team is therefore better, there is no role you can stick a bad guy in without problems.

I know from experience.

Top? They feed and enemy snowballs.
    Mid? Same.
    Jungle? Say goodbye to the prospect of good ganks. The enemy jungler may end up countering, too.
    Bot ADC? Better win early, 'cause you can't do much late if your ADC is dying every which way.
    Bot support? Welcome to Lost Lane, The Movie.

Exaggerated a bit, of course, but the issue with having someone bad* on your team is that it's always bad for the team.

The only way high-low queue works is when the low guy can actually do well in a higher level game. I ended up in a high-gold/low-plat solo queue game a while ago, and I was able to keep up and be useful. While I'm not used to it, I can work with the kind of things I saw happen there. When I duo queue Ranked on NA with my Gold friend, I generally do well enough despite that account being on...Silver V, I think?

*I use this as a relative term. If I'm queued with challenger tier people, I'll be that guy. If a Bronze V who's in the right league is queued with me, he'll be that guy, etc.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

15. - Top - End - #585

Meh, I'd just stick them to bottom as support, tell my AD to play real passive, play mid, snowball mid and then snowball bot with ganks/TPs.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    Fnatic x Ozone:
    Spoiler
    Show
    At this point Ozone still CAN make it, but it requires them to win both of their last 2 games AND Gambit to drop one of theirs. If that happens, they force a tie. If Gambit drops both, then Ozone is in (because one of their wins will be against Vulcun).

Vulcun is in a similar position - except they're playing both Gambit and Ozone, so if they win both games they force a tie at a minimum.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    World Champs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, I'm not sure if anybody else has been paying attention but notice how blue side has like 80% win rate between the NA/EU/KR/CH teams?
    Spoiler
    Show
    What is the actual advantage of having one side versus the other that conveys this sort of ratio?

Is it just the menu/view difference or are we talking about a genuine advantage the positioning of dragon, baron or the buff camps?

Edit: Added spoiler tag. Not 100% sure it needed it but better safe..
    Last edited by Talesin; 2013-09-20 at 08:41 AM.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ettin in the Playground

Meh, I'd just stick them to bottom as support, tell my AD to play real passive, play mid, snowball mid and then snowball bot with ganks/TPs.
    And then it ends exactly as it did when somebody tried that with me a few games back. The AD gets continuously bullied out of lane and the support feeds kills, while getting the crap ganked out of him because he doesn't ward, and in teamfights probably can't land any of his abilities usefully. Low ELO supports lose games just as badly, they're just a little less obvious about it.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

19. - Top - End - #589

Quote Originally Posted by Talesin View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    What is the actual advantage of having one side versus the other that conveys this sort of ratio?

Is it just the menu/view difference or are we talking about a genuine advantage the positioning of dragon, baron or the buff camps?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Still spoilering this since it could be a spoiler with regards to World Champs results. Basically:
    - Blue side has the first pick. Currently with so many high priority picks especially for mid, this is huge. You might notice how ManCloud has only done well on Ahri; that's specifically 'cause they've had the first pick to get her. Same goes for Zed. The second picking team has many forced bans unless they're comfortable playing against Zed, Fizz, Ahri, Kassadin or whatever, and their counterpicks can be banned by the Blue Side team which really screws over the ban phase.
    - This is what happened to Lemondogs vs. TSM, for example; they left Zed open vs. TSM 'cause they are comfortable with Fizz vs. Zed but then TSM banned Fizz and while LD got Ahri, TSM had Vi/Zed against whom only Fizz works (a more nuanced midlaner could've potentially survived the lane; Xpeke, Froggen or Alex Ich could've probably survived that since they wouldn't have went for the tower that aggressively, but it's still brutal).
    - Just map technical matters, blue side has an easier time stealing Dragons because of the Dragon wall, and also duolane near Dragon has an easy access to Golem farm if they fall behind. This advantage is mirrored by Purple top lane but since duolanes usually want to be near Dragon in the midgame, it's still relevant if not quite as much as back in the day.

Most important advantage is the first pick tho. Dragon positioning is kinda big but not that big and that's mirrored by Purple with regards to Baron, though obviously ninja Dragons happen more than ninja Barons. Also, the blue junglers who wanna utilize the wall do need some mobility skill (but all modern heavily played junglers aside from Nasus have a mobility skill).

And then it ends exactly as it did when somebody tried that with me a few games back. The AD gets continuously bullied out of lane and the support feeds kills, while getting the crap ganked out of him because he doesn't ward, and in teamfights probably can't land any of his abilities usefully. Low ELO supports lose games just as badly, they're just a little less obvious about it.
    Which is why it's your job as the mid to carry the botlane. Mid's such a strong role precisely 'cause it can carry other lanes if you control the map aggressively. AD getting bullied out? Gank earlier.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2013-09-20 at 08:17 AM.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Still spoilering this since it could be a spoiler with regards to World Champs results. Basically:
    - Blue side has the first pick. Currently with so many high priority picks especially for mid, this is huge. You might notice how ManCloud has only done well on Ahri; that's specifically 'cause they've had the first pick to get her. Same goes for Zed. The second picking team has many forced bans unless they're comfortable playing against Zed, Fizz, Ahri, Kassadin or whatever, and their counterpicks can be banned by the Blue Side team which really screws over the ban phase.
    - This is what happened to Lemondogs vs. TSM, for example; they left Zed open vs. TSM 'cause they are comfortable with Fizz vs. Zed but then TSM banned Fizz and while LD got Ahri, TSM had Vi/Zed against whom only Fizz works (a more nuanced midlaner could've potentially survived the lane; Xpeke, Froggen or Alex Ich could've probably survived that since they wouldn't have went for the tower that aggressively, but it's still brutal).
    - Just map technical matters, blue side has an easier time stealing Dragons because of the Dragon wall, and also duolane near Dragon has an easy access to Golem farm if they fall behind. This advantage is mirrored by Purple top lane but since duolanes usually want to be near Dragon in the midgame, it's still relevant if not quite as much as back in the day.

Most important advantage is the first pick tho. Dragon positioning is kinda big but not that big and that's mirrored by Purple with regards to Baron, though obviously ninja Dragons happen more than ninja Barons. Also, the blue junglers who wanna utilize the wall do need some mobility skill (but all modern heavily played junglers aside from Nasus have a mobility skill).

Which is why it's your job as the mid to carry the botlane. Mid's such a strong role precisely 'cause it can carry other lanes if you control the map aggressively. AD getting bullied out? Gank earlier.
    The problem with the Blue/Purple Baron/Dragon mirror is that Dragon is contested so much earlier that it can still turn a game around. Not very many teams can be said to have already lost the game by the first Dragon kill.

With Baron, on the other hand, in most games one team already have a big advantage by the time either side will try to do Baron, so the terrain advantage is much less pronounced.

Honestly I'd like to see the game switch to Double Dragon (heh heh ) Roaming Baron.

As in, for the first 30 minutes (or any play-tested time will do), Dragons spawn in both points. After the time is up, the dragon's won't despawn, but after the next one dies, a Baron will spawn in its place. Only one Baron can be spawned at a time - the other spawn will be a Dragon.

So far at Worlds there have been 15 Blue Side wins vs 10 Purple Side wins.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2013-09-20 at 08:58 AM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

21. - Top - End - #591

I really don't like the idea of double dragons.

Dragon creates a contestable objective. That's kind of the point of it.

Consider that right now, if a team doesn't feel safe contesting dragon, they'll usually just trade it for top tower. They end up a bit behind on the trade gold-wise, but much less so than if they'd not gotten an objective.

If there were a dragon on both sides of the river, every time Team A went for a dragon, Team B would just go take the other. There'd be no need to contest a dragon. You wouldn't get an advantage by taking one since the other team would just take the other.

Yeah, it's possible that you'd manage to get an unanswered dragon if you managed to get two kills or something right beforehand, but that's not the point of dragon. It's SUPPOSED to be a contested objective. It's supposed to be something you need to respond to, but it's also supposed to give a team that's ahead or has some form of power advantage a way to leverage its lead by either forcing an engage or giving an advantage.
    Last edited by Nadevoc; 2013-09-20 at 09:34 AM.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Titan in the Playground

Twenty minutes in. You're against a Ashe and Alistar with Nami supporting you. So far the battle has gone evenly. In your moment of pondering while last hitting suddenly Alistar catches Nami off guard and Ashe manages to freeze all of Nami's water powers. Condemning Ashe for her cold blooded sins you shoot her into a wall with a fierce bolt. Nami has recovered and starts backing away from Alistar. Firing rapidly upon Alistar you pierce his thick skin and no green shrug will do him any good. Alistar attempts to flee from justice, but your bolts pierce his thick skin with true rightenous. Ashe tries to cover Alistar with cold arrows, they slow the blood in your veins but Nami splashes them toghetter. One last bolt and you'l
    Spoiler
    Show
    ROAAAAAAWR.

In surprise, your aim is off and you miss. Looking around you wonder what in the nights name that was but you see nothing. Too loud to be Dragon, you're too far away anyway. Returning your crossbow to aim you see Alistar almost away. But with a risky flash and tumble you catch him with the power of the night.
    Grongratulating you with a job well done, Nami heals you and you walk back to the turret to safely return to the fountain of life.

Once back at the fountain you find Fiddlesticks coming back to life. The fountain of life rejuvenates everything they say, but the green glow in his eyes was almost gone and his movements seemed twitchy.

Asking him if he knew what the roar was, he shakily answers ''I h-have given many people fright for their life...but that thing....That Thing. We must plead to the league and all work toghetter to contain it or there will be no hope for all of runeterra.''

Sitting in silence for a minute, pondering new items to buy and the words spoken, you look up. Followed by a rumble and a similar roar to the one previous Nocturne dives into the base through his own shadows. Barely alive he begins healing, but he remains silent.

Nocturne, the eternal nightmare was always a silent one. After regaining his health and power, he speaks.
    ''This....thing...It is not my doing. We merely have been fighting a hand or a head all along...''

Fiddlesticks added ''No justice or night will guard us from this thing, only paranoia and our combined might.''

Looking determined, you start to walk back to your battlegrounds as Jax comes in bruised and beaten..

"I think the damn Baron just ate my finest lamppost.''

Yes, yes I like the idea of a roaming baron.

You know what, worked it out a bit (little bit) in a bit and put it on the forums as a alternative map: http://community.na.leagueoflegends....mq0/d/XlIAasjA

All input more then welcome!
    Last edited by Dallas-Dakota; 2013-09-20 at 11:34 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

23. - Top - End - #593

Planetar

Spoiler
    Show
    At this point Ozone still CAN make it, but it requires them to win both of their last 2 games AND Gambit to drop one of theirs. If that happens, they force a tie. If Gambit drops both, then Ozone is in (because one of their wins will be against Vulcun).

Vulcun is in a similar position - except they're playing both Gambit and Ozone, so if they win both games they force a tie at a minimum.
    Gotta spoiler box any worlds discussion yo

Spoiler
    Show
    Anyways, I've done the math, assuming Mineski goes 0-8. Ozone is at least tied for second place if Fnatic wins against Gambit, and secures it if they beat vulcun. In fact, the only scenario that does NOT involve Ozone being at least tied for second is if Gambit wins both games and Vulcun beats Ozone.

Vulcun legitimately does need to win both games to be in, however that only gets them into a tie with Ozone (if FNC beats GMB), or with Ozone and Gambit (If GMB beats FNC).

As a matter of fact, the only way a tie of some sort DOESN'T Happen is if FNC beats GMB and then SSO beats Vul, or if GMB beats FNC, SSO beats Vul, and Vul beats GMB.

Again, all that analysis assumes Mineski to be a free win.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Orc in the Playground

@Dallas-Dakota:

I'm afraid I didn't get your post, Dallas. Seems like a fanfic of sorts (and a nice one, indeed), but what's it about exactly? Not sure if it's baron (roaming and nomming?) or just another fed enemy champion...
    "Stop talking." - Roy
    Surprised Champion Predictor of the Rastakhan Rumble's Card Rating Competition in the Playground - "I could predict pretty much anything, besides winning this competition!" - Myself, probably

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosOS View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    Anyways, I've done the math, assuming Mineski goes 0-8. Ozone is at least tied for second place if Fnatic wins against Gambit, and secures it if they beat vulcun. In fact, the only scenario that does NOT involve Ozone being at least tied for second is if Gambit wins both games and Vulcun beats Ozone.

Vulcun legitimately does need to win both games to be in, however that only gets them into a tie with Ozone (if FNC beats GMB), or with Ozone and Gambit (If GMB beats FNC).

As a matter of fact, the only way a tie of some sort DOESN'T Happen is if FNC beats GMB and then SSO beats Vul, or if GMB beats FNC, SSO beats Vul, and Vul beats GMB.

Spoiler
    Show
    if gambit wins both games ozones performance doens't matter.
    for it to be anything but gmb/fnc. gmb needs to lose to fnc, and then osone or vulcan needs to 2-0 their remaining games.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Firbolg in the Playground

So I got four quadras in ARAM today with Yi.
    Except our team had no tanks so it eventually ground to a loss.
    And at the end their Kha got a penta.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

27. - Top - End - #597
    Troll in the Playground

Lol @ Laudandus on Imaqtpie stream getting dongered by roaming Thresh and being stuck with uncarriable Hotshotnidaleegg in team. True elo hell.
    Mordekaiser for president.

28. - Top - End - #598

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Legoshrimp View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    if gambit wins both games ozones performance doens't matter.
    for it to be anything but gmb/fnc. gmb needs to lose to fnc, and then osone or vulcan needs to 2-0 their remaining games.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If gambit wins both their games, Ozone also is capable of winning both games as neither team is playing the other. That then means the two are tied 6-2, also making Fnatic tied at 6-2 with them. Plus, Ozone and Gambit are 1-1 against eachother anyways.

EDIT: I'm a derp, though Ozone was 4-2 not 3-3.
    Last edited by ChaosOS; 2013-09-20 at 01:25 PM.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    Lol @ Laudandus on Imaqtpie stream getting dongered by roaming Thresh and being stuck with uncarriable Hotshotnidaleegg in team. True elo hell.
    That was the elo-helliest game I've played in forever. Hotshot DC, wardless Zyra, and a Cho'Gath lane opponent which pretty much limits me to farming in lane. Oh well I'll win this next game

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosOS View Post

Spoiler
    Show

Incorrect.

Spoiler
    Show

If Gambit wins 2, it doesn't matter, both Ozone and Vulcun cannot contest 2nd (assuming Fnatic beats Mineski).

If Vulcun wins both, it means it is not possible for Vulcun-Ozone to tie. Vulcun and Ozone play each other - it is not possible for both teams to win 2.

The only way a meaningful tie could happen between Vulcun and Ozone is if Mineski wins a game - which pretty much everybody thinks is a laughable probability.

Assuming Mineski loses to Ozone, that means for Ozone to tie Vulcun, Vulcun has to beat Ozone and lose to Gambit. But that means Gambit has 5 wins, so the tie is for 3rd place, which is meaningless.

The only way to tie for 2nd is if Gambit dumps both their games, and Vulcun/Ozone only win 1.

So that means for a 3 way 2nd place tie, Fnatic has to beat Gambit, Vulcun has to beat Gambit, Ozone has to beat Vulcun, and Mineski has to beat Ozone.

Chances of that are pretty close to zero.

For a 2 way tie

Spoiler
    Show
    I assume Fnatic is going to beat Mineski, putting them at 6 wins and untouchable by Ozone and Vulcun.

Then it basically all hinges on the Gambit games. If they win both, it doesn't matter, Ozone and Vulcun lose.

The ideal situation for both Ozone and Vulcun would be Fnatic beating Gambit.

Then Vulcun just needs to beat Gambit to tie for 2nd, and win 2 to guarantee 2nd place.

Overall,

Spoiler
    Show

I think Vulcun is actually in a better place, because one of their games is against Gambit. If they win both, by definition it means they are at a minimum tied for 2nd, and if Fnatic beat Gambit, they are in clear 2nd.

Ozone, on the other hand, could win both, but still lose if Gambit wins both their games.

Basically, both teams need Gambit to lose at least 1 game - but Vulcun is playing them, Ozone is not.

So Vulcun is playing tougher teams than Ozone, but they make their own destiny, while Ozone is dependent upon the outcome of 2 Gambit games they have no control over.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2013-09-20 at 01:55 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!