New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1502
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends LII: Sin of the Blind Monk

I discovered today that "delay them while I take this tower, then join you guys" is apparently not something half of the teams I play with know how to do. Same with "siege them with our jayce, nid, and caitlin poke then take the naked inhibitor."

It's like they had a switch in their heads labeled "ALL IN NO CAUTION" and "RUN AWAY AND HIDE" with no middle ground

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    I discovered today that "delay them while I take this tower, then join you guys" is apparently not something half of the teams I play with know how to do. Same with "siege them with our jayce, nid, and caitlin poke then take the naked inhibitor."

It's like they had a switch in their heads labeled "ALL IN NO CAUTION" and "RUN AWAY AND HIDE" with no middle ground
    You mean poke champions should poke?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah that's a thing that happens a lot. I've started roaming mid more quickly as an ADC instead of staying to farm after taking the bot lane turret and I think it's helping my win rate. People really don't understand directions like "don't fight 4v5" for reasons that elude me.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Ettin in the Playground

*Things about free champions*
    Thank you, everybody!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Yeah that's a thing that happens a lot. I've started roaming mid more quickly as an ADC instead of staying to farm after taking the bot lane turret and I think it's helping my win rate. People really don't understand directions like "don't fight 4v5" for reasons that elude me.
    Tunnel vision. They don't see it's a 4v5.

All they see is HOLY **** ELISE STUNNED THE TANK WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

6. - Top - End - #1026

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Tunnel vision. They don't see it's a 4v5.

All they see is HOLY **** ELISE STUNNED THE TANK WE CAN DO THIS!!!!
    My favorite is using the Blitzcrank express for a reverse engage.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Barbarian in the Playground

Promotions, huzzah! Apparently jungling is my thing. That and support GP. It's like nobody in my elo ever wards or something.

Also, it's time once again! I'm posting my concept folder for critique.. Leave me feedback, laugh at my inability to design cohesive kits, or stand in awe of my mighty skin idea development skills. Just make sure to tell me why I suck, as opposed to just telling me that I do, because lord knows if I was any good at this Riot would have hired me ages ago, clearly.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Bugbear in the Playground

I've started disliking poke comps at my level because they just don't work. People know not to engage, but they haven't yet learned how to really avoid being engaged upon. There also isn't the skill or communication that I think is required for the bruisers/non-pokers. You still want to take picks as you can get them, but then you need to back out again - and that just doesn't happen.

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    My favorite is using the Blitzcrank express for a reverse engage.
    Heh, I was playing against a Blitzcrank the other day that didn't understand that pull =/= good when you're outnumbered, outfarmed, and pushed to your inhibitor turret.

He decided to hook in our full health Nasus. Needless to say, the game ended about 60 seconds later.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

10. - Top - End - #1030

So, when Jinx is released who's up for getting together a team with Vi and Caitlyn (rest doesn't matter really) and going hunting?
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

11. - Top - End - #1031

Hrm. Interesting that it's "Criminals apprehended" as opposed to "Times apprehended" or something like that. Are there other champions that can count towards it?

Unrelated, does anyone know if there's anywhere you can see builds (runes/masteries) that are used in pro matches?

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Game 1 is a snooze fest ward war for what? 10 minutes? Zzz. Faker didn't look impressive, which I understand is kind of a first for him. Shen v. Jax, was that just outplaying or bad matchup?
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Game 1 is a snooze fest ward war for what? 10 minutes? Zzz. Faker didn't look impressive, which I understand is kind of a first for him. Shen v. Jax, was that just outplaying or bad matchup?
    Spoiler
    Show

I'd love to know how much gold each team spent on vision that game. Because daaaayum.
    Truth resists simplicity.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    FWIW, early on the announcers were basically saying that if Jax didn't get utterly shut down early, he'd pretty quickly get to where he would beat the daylights out of Shen without much trouble.

Edit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I noticed that PoohManDu tended to get instagibbed any time NJS even thought about picking a fight. That couldn't have helped their chances.
    Last edited by Artanis; 2013-09-27 at 11:50 PM.
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I get that they have to hype certain players to create tension and introduce less familiar players with what they might expect from the teams, but downplaying SKT's botlane and hyping the Pray/Cain duo is so questionable. Piglet/Mandu are straight-up a better botlane duo than Pray/Cain, not to mention almost every other bot lane in the world.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Game 2 went a lot better. Felt a lot like Impact was more comfortable on Renekton over Shen.

Spoiler
    Show
    And...Impact is back on Shen? Expression on Renekton? Wha? Also, taking Benqi's(sp?) Lee is an interesting move.
    Last edited by Godskook; 2013-09-28 at 12:47 AM.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Colossus in the Playground

Najin Sword vs. SKT T1:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nagne plays a mean Gragas, I have to take back what I said about him vs. Gambit, at least as a whole. I'm impressed by someone other than Faker making Gragas look worth picking and Nagne making himself worth a damn.

I expect this would've been about the same with Gambit vs. SKT T1 too if Gambit won the quarters. Both are the hot/cold-kinda teams that either win or lose big. Gambit would've of course done more with mid/top/jungle and less with the duo but overall I would expect a 3-2 either way. And this was definitely Najin Sword showing that they are good enough to be here.

It's worth noting that both teams played the picks/bans really bad as blue. First picks were practically always rendered worthless, and purple won 4/5 games. The "hype picks" weren't performing at all. Shen and Ahri both did very little due to pressure on lane & mediocre match-ups, and Corki didn't do much that other ADs couldn't have done. The only game where Corki was really impressive at all was G4, but that was more Piglet and Pooh than the champions. It's also worth noting that there were on average 2 ADC bans per game, and Corki was only banned once throughout the series. Also interesting is that Zyra/Corki preferred over Leona/Corki; odd, especially with Ahri in the games, G1 showed just how Leona shines against assassin comps. Cain definitely chickened out there, and I think the series could've been different if he played more Leona.

An interesting note, Lee Sin being huge every time he's picked but he only begun to be picked high towards the end of the series. I think G4 was the first time he was firstpicked after dominating the first games.

On a closing note, I'm once again reminded of just why the Blind Pick is so awesome at OGN; no bans/picks goes very far to remove the side advantage, and we'd get to see Pray on Twitch which he didn't get to play at all, and mirror match-ups. It's a fair way to end a series where the advantage of the sides is removed. I do hope it'll be implemented in west in single elimination rounds in the future. And they should stop posting stuff like "Champ X has a 100% win rate in this tournament"; if a team has a 90% win rate, that doesn't mean a whole lot.

Few things about the individual games: Sword forced 2v1 in losing lanes G2. They went through huge effort to get the 2v1s and they lost. Same happened vs. Gambit. Why don't people realize Sword can't play 2v1s! Also, Jax is shut down in a 2v1 just as well as by Renek and Renek farms better there, and is more useful with less farm. And Lee Sin is the superior jungler for the 2v2 too! SKT T1 literally couldn't hope for better lane match-ups in that game and then NjS goes out of their way with deep wards and losing waves of XP to make it happen? WTF!

G3 there was that one moment where Faker kited Expession at the end of the teamfight. Something the commentators missed, the Charm hit a minion, not Expession. Got him 25 gold but very nearly got him killed. Huge misplay if I've ever seen one though granted, that Charm was superhard to hit due to minion/Expession positioning and the angle + Charm hitbox.

G4 Pooh on Zyra participates in an invade with Deadly Bloom instead of Grasping Roots? WTF! Then they fail to secure the kill, **** up and give one instead and then Lee Sin proceeds to be Lee Sin while Piglet/Pooh completely outplay Pray/Cain on a bad match-up. Incidentally, this showcased the weaknesses of Thresh perfectly (he has to get in there and sometimes he can't afford it; his contributions outside all-ins and ganks are minor).
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Najin Sword vs. SKT T1: *big spoiler block*
    I absolutely and utterly agree with you about their "X% Win Rate" thing. In fact, as a Mathematician (with a degree and everything!), I found it downright offensive when they used only two games (or worse, only one game) as a sample size
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    G3 there was that one moment where Faker kited Expession at the end of the teamfight. Something the commentators missed, the Charm hit a minion, not Expession. Got him 25 gold but very nearly got him killed. Huge misplay if I've ever seen one though granted, that Charm was superhard to hit due to minion/Expession positioning and the angle + Charm hitbox.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think they noticed, they just didn't harp on it very much. During Kobe's breakdown of the play afterwards I'm fairly certain he says that the Charm was used "to secure the last-hit."
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2013-09-28 at 10:42 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1040

Quote Originally Posted by Duos View Post
    Leave me feedback, laugh at my inability to design cohesive kits, or stand in awe of my mighty skin idea development skills.
    Spoiler: Gorecraw, the Macrovore
    Show

Spoiler: Lore Review
    Show
    Not really sold on this one. It's basically "Hey look! Something scary we have control over!" There's nothing wrong with it, per se, but we've see the idea a lot, and it's not any more interesting now than it was the first 3-4 times Riot's tried it

Spoiler: Abilities
    Show
    First things first: Gorecraw looks like a sustained damage AD assassin, although he also looks like a burst damage assassin (we'll get into that later).

Firstly, before we do anything else, let's figure out his optimum damage combo. That appears to be R-E-auto-auto-W-Q-auto-E (which should be up again by now)-auto. This takes him approximately 3.5 seconds, and deals 790+3.2 Bonus AD, plus another 1.8-2.4 Bonus AD from the passive, plus 5 (+0.02 Bonus AD) of their maximum hit points.

Assuming a reasonable 300AD on him (as he's an assassin, basically), that's 790 + 1210 (ratios + bleed from 200 bonus AD and 300 AD total), plus 11% of their maximum health (242 on a 2,200 health target). Plus the 3 auto-attacks, for 900 more. So his potential burst is at about 3142.

Talon's burst, for reference, is about 900 + 1000 + 540 (so 2440) in the same window if everything hits. This goes up to 2880 if we assume he gets off 2 Qs during that time.

Gorecraw, however, has a few further benefits. He has an insane AoE slow of up to 85% at 600 range, on a low cooldown (that will practically be 3.5 seconds or less in a fight), and this ability not only serves to allow him to chase indefinitely (remember: 85% slow and 85% ms boost for 2 of the 3-3.5 seconds the ability takes to come off of CD), but also increases the damage that his passive does by .3 AD per attack.

He also has two low-cooldown jumps and a attack range extension, to further make sure his target is never actually able to escape. Finally, he has one of the highest base AD in the game, meaning that you could build something like Black Cleaver/Triforce/Bloodthirster/Ravenous Hydra/Boots/Frozen Mallet, end up with 2485 health, 295 bonus AD, Triforce procs, lifesteal, even MORE chasing and slowing power, another AoE damage proc, and armor shred. My damage numbers above don't come close.

His cooldowns are low enough that he's got both crazy burst and crazy sustain in a fight. You can't run from him, but he can deal so much damage that staying to fight isn't much of an option either, especially since he has a stun (and can lay on the damage during that time). His jungle is probably pretty decent, his ganks are insane (two jumps, a huge slow, and a extra-range 1.5 second stun), and his ability to pick carries will be pretty absurd as well.

All in all, I think Gorecraw just has to much going for him, especially as far as chasing power goes. I don't think anyone running from him actually has a chance of escaping, and if the only counterplay is always ALWAYS run as a group I'm not sure the champion is in a good spot. Imagine this thing invading a jungle, for example: if he's winning the fight you're just dead, as you can't run from him. If he's losing, however, he just stuns you, starts running, then hits you with a huge slow that gives him movement speed, and KEEPS running.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

21. - Top - End - #1041

Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I absolutely and utterly agree with you about their "X% Win Rate" thing. In fact, as a Mathematician (with a degree and everything!), I found it downright offensive when they used only two games (or worse, only one game) as a sample size
    Riot should issue an apology to everyone who knows what a degree of freedom is.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1042

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think they noticed, they just didn't harp on it very much. During Kobe's breakdown of the play afterwards I'm fairly certain he says that the Charm was used "to secure the last-hit."
    Spoiler
    Show
    One of them was calling it the clutch play during the replay though so someone definitely missed it.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2013-09-28 at 01:36 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Riot should issue an apology to everyone who knows what a degree of freedom is.
    I would've said "Margin of Error".

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Banned

Spoiler: Verdesol, the Earthtender
    Show
    Spoiler: Lore
    Show
    So...plant Anivia. Or something. I'd suggest that instead of focusing on the mystery, you play up either a defining trait or the backstory more. Nice tie-in with Annie, though I can't imagine how the two of them would interact.

Show
    Starting with the low-level view: Q is a bit of a nothing skill (Heimer passive and Song of Celerity active on 24-36s CD?), with a lack of gameplay that makes it hard to balance, and the vision passive (itself a sometimes game-changer) interacts strangely with his other abilities that outrange it. A lot depends on the AOE of R, which isn't specified, but I'm guessing something like Nunu ult. AD ratios on Mud Shot and Sinkhole feel extremely weird--fluff and mechanics don't match.

As for gameplay--if Verdesol goes solo lane, he'll go top, and max W unless Q regen turns out to be OP early game, and he'll max Q anyway as support. Jungle, well, his clear time will never suck when he has autos, and his ganks are good. He has a lot of AOE ability damage for an AD bruiser--compare Jarvan. The main issue I have is that I want to play him as a bruiser, but Q is just not a fit. That, and I think he does a little too much with his other abilities.
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2013-09-28 at 02:02 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    Spoiler: Gorecraw, the Macrovore
    Show

Spoiler: Lore Review
    Show
    Not really sold on this one. It's basically "Hey look! Something scary we have control over!" There's nothing wrong with it, per se, but we've see the idea a lot, and it's not any more interesting now than it was the first 3-4 times Riot's tried it

Show
    First things first: Gorecraw looks like a sustained damage AD assassin, although he also looks like a burst damage assassin (we'll get into that later).

Firstly, before we do anything else, let's figure out his optimum damage combo. That appears to be R-E-auto-auto-W-Q-auto-E (which should be up again by now)-auto. This takes him approximately 3.5 seconds, and deals 790+3.2 Bonus AD, plus another 1.8-2.4 Bonus AD from the passive, plus 5 (+0.02 Bonus AD) of their maximum hit points.

Assuming a reasonable 300AD on him (as he's an assassin, basically), that's 790 + 1210 (ratios + bleed from 200 bonus AD and 300 AD total), plus 11% of their maximum health (242 on a 2,200 health target). Plus the 3 auto-attacks, for 900 more. So his potential burst is at about 3142.

Talon's burst, for reference, is about 900 + 1000 + 540 (so 2440) in the same window if everything hits. This goes up to 2880 if we assume he gets off 2 Qs during that time.

Gorecraw, however, has a few further benefits. He has an insane AoE slow of up to 85% at 600 range, on a low cooldown (that will practically be 3.5 seconds or less in a fight), and this ability not only serves to allow him to chase indefinitely (remember: 85% slow and 85% ms boost for 2 of the 3-3.5 seconds the ability takes to come off of CD), but also increases the damage that his passive does by .3 AD per attack.

He also has two low-cooldown jumps and a attack range extension, to further make sure his target is never actually able to escape. Finally, he has one of the highest base AD in the game, meaning that you could build something like Black Cleaver/Triforce/Bloodthirster/Ravenous Hydra/Boots/Frozen Mallet, end up with 2485 health, 295 bonus AD, Triforce procs, lifesteal, even MORE chasing and slowing power, another AoE damage proc, and armor shred. My damage numbers above don't come close.

His cooldowns are low enough that he's got both crazy burst and crazy sustain in a fight. You can't run from him, but he can deal so much damage that staying to fight isn't much of an option either, especially since he has a stun (and can lay on the damage during that time). His jungle is probably pretty decent, his ganks are insane (two jumps, a huge slow, and a extra-range 1.5 second stun), and his ability to pick carries will be pretty absurd as well.

All in all, I think Gorecraw just has to much going for him, especially as far as chasing power goes. I don't think anyone running from him actually has a chance of escaping, and if the only counterplay is always ALWAYS run as a group I'm not sure the champion is in a good spot. Imagine this thing invading a jungle, for example: if he's winning the fight you're just dead, as you can't run from him. If he's losing, however, he just stuns you, starts running, then hits you with a huge slow that gives him movement speed, and KEEPS running.

On the lore: Yeah, it's fairly generic; about the only thing different is that we only have one (two?) champions from the Plague Jungles area so far. But call me a sucker for monstrous champions.

On the kit: hmmm. I may have miscounted his numbers. But you do reveal a problem; I hit his base stats. He's still super, super squishy, especially since he has below-average armor growth due to R passive, but I also hit his base AD and his AD growth to ensure he needs items to do well as an assassin.

I cut the slow and range on Maul by 10%/rank (maxes at 40% now and has 200 less range) and removed the stun on Reaping Bite. This cuts down on his CC a bit and makes him more reliant on his team to keep his target locked down but still leaves him capable of ganking overextended lanes.

Also, Reaping Bite has a flat 16% CD and Maul's CD is up by 7 seconds across the board, along with losing half of the CDR passive. This should help the sustained vs burst problem, I wanted something capable of jungling but Q max probably makes that possible anyways. I also hit the damage on Maul and the Ult (base damage on Maul and scaling on the ult.)

Thanks for the feedback, Djinn! Helpful as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    Spoiler: Verdesol, the Earthtender
    Show
    Spoiler: Lore
    Show
    So...plant Anivia. Or something. I'd suggest that instead of focusing on the mystery, you play up either a defining trait or the backstory more. Nice tie-in with Annie, though I can't imagine how the two of them would interact.

Show
    Starting with the low-level view: Q is a bit of a nothing skill (Heimer passive and Song of Celerity active on 24-36s CD?), with a lack of gameplay that makes it hard to balance, and the vision passive (itself a sometimes game-changer) interacts strangely with his other abilities that outrange it. A lot depends on the AOE of R, which isn't specified, but I'm guessing something like Nunu ult. AD ratios on Mud Shot and Sinkhole feel extremely weird--fluff and mechanics don't match.

As for gameplay--if Verdesol goes solo lane, he'll go top, and max W unless Q regen turns out to be OP early game, and he'll max Q anyway as support. Jungle, well, his clear time will never suck when he has autos, and his ganks are good. He has a lot of AOE ability damage for an AD bruiser--compare Jarvan. The main issue I have is that I want to play him as a bruiser, but Q is just not a fit. That, and I think he does a little too much with his other abilities.
    On the lore: I could either play up the 'primal force of nature' angle or the 'benevolent protector' angle. One of those might give him more character.

On the kit: So, either more AP ratios, less AD ratios, or swap out Q and remove some of the kit's utility? either way, it does make more sense lore-wise. And I do agree about Q- it's basically Shurelia's, and I've never really been satisfied with the balance of the skill, solely because of it's non-interactivity.
    Last edited by Duos; 2013-09-28 at 03:53 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1046

Anyone have any ranked advice? Im currently sitting at the bottom of Silver I after a horrible loss streak that dropped me from my promotion series. I'm currently duoing with a buddy (going adc with him usually being forced to support), but it just seems we constantly get matched with someone who loses lane horribly or is extremely abrasive and prevents good teamwork from occurring. I never feel like I can stomp bot lane effectively enough to carry the rest of team.

Mostly just venting, but any actual advice would be greatly appreciated.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    Fnatic Royal WAT. Uzi consistently up 100 CS on Puszu, but DEM CYANIDE PEKE PLAYSSS

28. - Top - End - #1048

Spoiler
    Show
    Kinda sad about the G2 TBH. That was a legitimate steal by Royal; Fnatic had the game won in spite of the huge L1 deficit but Desperation Baron worked. G3 was how G2 should've gone if not for the L1 stuff.

Also, Puszu is so far behind not necessarily due to farming but rather due to playing so much alone and safe vs. jungler/solo. Notice how much Yellow roams. That's a trade-off; they trade Puszu's farm for plays/kills but that's certainly going in their favor at the moment since whenever Yellowstar roams there's always some key fight that he wins for them. It really screws over Royal's attempt to roam and kill early on.

Strategically, Fnatic has completely outplayed Royal every game. Level 1 deficit/2v1 has just ****ed Fnatic over two games out of 3 (and yeah, xPeke being unable to CS with Fizz vs. Ori; worth noting he did the same to Alex Ich's Fizz in groups, though a kill turned that around).

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Banned

Well, it's fairly accepted among most ranked players that duoqueuing hurts your chances of winning not insignificantly, so avoiding that would work well.

I'm a top lane player, so if I wanted to advance in ranking I'd play champions like Zac and Wukong. Strong laners and initiators who can control the pace of the lane, and later the game, are valuable.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    Kinda sad about the G2 TBH. That was a legitimate steal by Royal; Fnatic had the game won in spite of the huge L1 deficit but Desperation Baron worked. G3 was how G2 should've gone if not for the L1 stuff.

Also, Puszu is so far behind not necessarily due to farming but rather due to playing so much alone and safe vs. jungler/solo. Notice how much Yellow roams. That's a trade-off; they trade Puszu's farm for plays/kills but that's certainly going in their favor at the moment since whenever Yellowstar roams there's always some key fight that he wins for them. It really screws over Royal's attempt to roam and kill early on.

Strategically, Fnatic has completely outplayed Royal every game. Level 1 deficit/2v1 has just ****ed Fnatic over two games out of 3 (and yeah, xPeke being unable to CS with Fizz vs. Ori; worth noting he did the same to Alex Ich's Fizz in groups, though a kill turned that around).
    Spoiler
    Show
    I disagree about Puszu. I think the causality is backwards: Yellowstar is roaming because they can't handle the 2v2. Fnatic has had to push their strategies to the max because Royal is just outplaying them in the micro.
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2013-09-28 at 05:59 PM.