New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1502
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends LII: Sin of the Blind Monk

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    See, the funny part is that if the jungle had been anyone but Yi, I would consider that a potentially legitimate team comp.
    seriously would you ****ers please stop trying to make gp support a thing

it's dead

give up

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    her teamfighting is easier.

also she's da best, took you long enough.
    You should have watched me carry that last game. It was pretty funny how terrible my team was. Luckily my Ez wasn't retarded. Its really important to have a damage source that isn't yourself and also isn't retarded.

edit: How good is Wits end on Irelia?

edit 2: the best part about Irelia is the whole "i get to choose my targets" thing. that's the worst about most roles I think, Tanks and Carries can't really choose their targets, but Assassins can.
    Last edited by toasty; 2013-10-01 at 01:15 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I actually groaned when I read that part of patch notes...

Server: Na
    Gitp name: zmasterofjersey
    Lol name: GhosTazer

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Troll in the Playground

but really, i wonder why they're doing the mana fixes so slowly. they're pretty much all necessary and several champions are still kind of crippled by mana.

zil still has 130 mana Q's and 125/150/175 mana R's, veigar's WER cost a total of 455 at max ranks, soraka's W and R cost 200 and 250 mana, respectively. Janna's QER costs a sum of 460. fiddlestick's cheapest basic ability still costs 105 mana on top of his 250 mana ultimate. viktor lacks an item slot with which to handle a lot of niche needs (like mana), so his 225 mana ulti tends to wreck his pool. there are just so many ults today standardized at 100 mana that playing champions who are way off of that mark is off-putting.

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    edit: How good is Wits end on Irelia?
    it's okay, i tend to get 90% of my mr from some combination of merc treads and spirit visage. you could get it as a third damage item against extremely heavy AP comps (final build of triforce botrk wit's end spirit visage randuin's mercs, for example) but largely it just doesn't have a place due to how efficient her other options are. seriously, triforce, botrk, and spirit visage are some of the most potent items in the game right now and irelia is amazing with all of them.

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    seriously would you ****ers please stop trying to make gp support a thing

it's dead

give up
    Hey, at low Elo's if you ward and contribute -something- to the lane other than raw DPS, you can be played as support. Doesn't particularly mean you're a -good- support, but hey.

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Ettin in the Playground

Had a game last night that contained an Akali who, as Farix aptly described it, "was playing way below her pay grade". It's pretty difficult to win when one enemy can charge a 5-man squad, get focus-fired by every single one of them, and walk away with 3 more kills and half her HP left

I have to say that I'm pretty proud of my team though: we outplayed the rest of the enemy team well enough that a single kill on that Akali was basically a guaranteed Inhibitor, and our last-gasp assault managed to bring down a Nexus turret before Akali broke our backs for good
    Last edited by Artanis; 2013-10-01 at 07:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Bugbear in the Playground

An option to disable camera movement on revive has been added to the Game section
    Wait, what? This was already an option. I've had camera movement on revive disabled for months now...

Quote Originally Posted by zmasterofjersey View Post
    I actually groaned when I read that part of patch notes...

Server: Na
    Gitp name: zmasterofjersey
    Lol name: GhosTazer
    Added

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    seriously Riot? You now communicate in memes? *flips desk*

this is actually agreat feature. For the rest I'd think this is a good patch, tha tis, until Jinx hits play...
    I don't mind them communicating in meme's so much as I mind them communicating in ridiculously OUTDATED memes. Seriously - that one is YEARS old.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    Had a game last night that contained an Akali who, as Farix aptly described it, "was playing way below her pay grade". It's pretty difficult to win when one enemy can charge a 5-man squad, get focus-fired by every single one of them, and walk away with 3 more kills and half her HP left

I have to say that I'm pretty proud of my team though: we outplayed the rest of the enemy team well enough that a single kill on that Akali was basically a guaranteed Inhibitor, and our last-gasp assault managed to bring down a Nexus turret before Akali broke our backs for good
    It's known as smurfing. I kind of do it, I've made low-level accounts so I can play with and help a couple friends learn the game so they don't get tossed against people that would slaughter them starting out.

Honestly the way they have the system now, though, people that win every one of their early games are quickly moved up in MMR so you shouldn't encounter many past about level 10 or so.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

10. - Top - End - #1210

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Nadevoc View Post
    Wait, what? This was already an option. I've had camera movement on revive disabled for months now...
    It was formerly an option just in the config .txt file, not in the options menu.

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Thanks guys, I got Tristiana last night and gave her a try. (FYI, I used a freshly made and forgotten hotmail account to friend them on facebook, and then just entered the code in the in game store).

She is pretty fun, got stuck with a bad group my first two times, which was fine as I was still learning, so I looked 'decent' compared to some of the others. The third had a bit better group and put the C in ADC.

One group I had Teemo support, and he was actively CSing in lane, making it much harder to time last hits. Is it typical for randoms (level 19 currently, not ranked) support to expect CS? Ive played typically with Philo Stone and working on warding and setting up kills in the laning phase. The second group was a 0-8 start top, with Alister as my support. Was not pretty, but quick at least.

Third we had 4 people fighting for top, so 2 decided to come bottom. I ran from that pair and ended up AS/AD mid. Got pushed pretty hard and spent alot of time under my tower. But got some decent CS and around 10 started getting some nice items and hiding behind cho. 15-18 was really fun, loving that range and AS.

12. - Top - End - #1212

At level 30, the support in a group of randoms will generally follow the meta and go 0 CS support.

Up until as late as level 25 (guesstimate... it's been awhile for me) you'll somewhat frequently see people who don't follow the meta - this will generally manifest in either double top with no jungle, or a double bot lane (instead of a bot lane with a support - the difference being they pick a non-support oriented champ and take CS).

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Seen alot of double top, which is fine as lots of people lack the runes (or knowhow) to jung well. Done some good ADC duo bottom, great early pushing. But this guy said he was support, but I think just wanted to gear up? It was a pain because he kept pushing the lane, and not warding, even after 6 he rarely mushroomed the river or tribush.

On Tristana, Ive seen alot of builds that dont put any points in Rapid Fire until 8 or even later, focusing on the jump and Explosive Shot. Whats the point of not even putting one point in?

ie
    http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...na-build-guide
    http://www.lolpro.com/guides/tristan...iper/abilities

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    I don't mind them communicating in meme's so much as I mind them communicating in ridiculously OUTDATED memes. Seriously - that one is YEARS old.
    Old references are best references, I don't know what you're talking about.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hullabaloo View Post
    On Tristana, Ive seen alot of builds that dont put any points in Rapid Fire until 8 or even later, focusing on the jump and Explosive Shot. Whats the point of not even putting one point in?
    Attack speed works a bit like CDR - it's more valuable when you already have some, from leveling and/or buying an AS item. And since you're boosting autoattacks, it's really nice to have some AD and Crit there too so those attacks are an actual threat. Finally, Jump and Explosive Shot are really good lane tools for harass, escape, and all-in moments. Basically low-level Tristana acts more like a mage; you put points into Rapid Fire when you want to make the transition over to AD carrying

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

interesting, thanks. The base power of 'e' is pretty good, even with no AP early, so Ive been using that. But the one point in 'q' gives a 30% AS, which seems like it could be more useful laning, then a second point in 'w' which changes cool down from 22->20, so typically still one use per fight, and no change to the slow?

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Ettin in the Playground

Tristana's early game tends to be about her bursting abilities with her high base damage on E and W for all-ins. The first point in Rapid Fire is really lackluster because your auto attacks aren't really beefy enough to back it up yet. How to properly skill Tristana has been debated a lot before, and I'm not sure which version is currently in vogue, but generally, it comes down to how soon you want to transition from being a laner(Max E and W) to a teamfighter(Max Q).

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Attack speed works a bit like CDR - it's more valuable when you already have some, from leveling and/or buying an AS item.
    Attack speed *DOES NOT* work like CDR. AS has linear growth(like almost ever basic stat), CDR has super-linear growth(it scales with itself, basically). Hell, the more AS you have already, the less attractive getting more AS usually is because the AS you already have makes buying ArPen, Crit, and AD more enticing than buying that AS item(A point that's mostly irrelevant when it comes to choosing when to level up Trist's Q as she doesn't have the option to rank up a different auto-attack steroid skill).
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Ettin in the Playground

interesting, thanks. The base power of 'e' is pretty good, even with no AP early, so Ive been using that. But the one point in 'q' gives a 30% AS, which seems like it could be more useful laning, then a second point in 'w' which changes cool down from 22->20, so typically still one use per fight, and no change to the slow?
    If my math and understanding of attack speed are right then a 1-point Q gives about 2 extra attacks over the duration. That isn't a whole lot of extra damage if you're stacking AP instead of stuff like AD and crit and whatnot.
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Barbarian in the Playground

Finished got carried through my Placements, got something unexpected:
    Spoiler
    Show

Its not Vlads Infiltrators that's surprising, its the Silver three from 10 games thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by true_shinken View Post
    With a roar of effort, I make everyone agree with EternalMelon.
    Traa-tan by Demastro

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Ettin in the Playground

If my math and understanding of attack speed are right then a 1-point Q gives about 2 extra attacks over the duration. That isn't a whole lot of extra damage if you're stacking AP instead of stuff like AD and crit and whatnot.
    Thing is, this is early game, before you have time to stack anything.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalMelon View Post
    Its not Vlads Infiltrators that's surprising, its the Silver three from 10 games thing.
    @Reina, can we get that renamed into Burlew's Infiltrators or The Playground's Infiltrators? I mean seriously, dang near *EVERYONE* who's silver in this thread is in that silver league. Totally not serious.
    Last edited by Godskook; 2013-10-01 at 10:09 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Thanks for all the info, something for me to think about. In reference, Ive mainly been building her ADC as opposed to AP, but this is early game I'm talking about. Mainly at lv 3, a point in 'q' (and then waiting until 'e' is maxed for more points there) vs a second point in 'w' and no points in 'q' until 8.

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    Even assuming you don't have to move (and thus waste part of Q's duration), a 1-point E is going to get you more single-target damage than a 1-point Q for similar mana and a lower cooldown.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1223

@Reina, can we get that renamed into Burlew's Infiltrators or The Playground's Infiltrators? I mean seriously, dang near *EVERYONE* who's silver in this thread is in that silver league. Totally not serious.
    Mumblers make up 25.61 % of Vlads Infiltrators by my count.

5/30 Silver Is
    5/23 IIs
    14/39 IIIs
    5/27 IVs
    13/45 Vs (Djinns here though, and I expect alot of mumbers in Silver are just too lazy to climb/can't escape bads).
    Last edited by EternalMelon; 2013-10-01 at 10:23 AM.
    Traa-tan by Demastro

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Ettin in the Playground

13/45 Vs (Djinns here though, and I expect alot of mumbers in Silver are just too lazy to climb/can't escape bads).
    Yo.

It also doesn't help that I don't really care about ranked save for when there's a free skin involved, moreso if it's for a champ I like.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm in Jax's Elite. WHAT UP.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

26. - Top - End - #1226

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    I'm in Jax's Elite. WHAT UP.
    I like the fact that Kook went from Silver Vlads Infiltrators to Gold Vlads Renegades. Can't excape the Vladamir.
    Cause he has Rylais
    Traa-tan by Demastro

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Titan in the Playground

Finished got carried through my Placements, got something unexpected:
    Spoiler
    Show

Welcome to the group, I'm pretty much the same placement as you I believe.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

28. - Top - End - #1228

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    Welcome to the group, I'm pretty much the same placement as you I believe.
    Thanks. Aslo:
    League of Legends LIII: Vladamirs in the Playground
    Last edited by EternalMelon; 2013-10-01 at 10:56 AM.
    Traa-tan by Demastro

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Ettin in the Playground

Warning: incoming venting.

Spoiler
    Show
    So, here's a strategy query for you.

Say you and a buddy try using a particular tactic. You and said buddy get your butts kicked. So you and said buddy rush back to where it happened and try a second time. You get your butts kicked a second time. So you immediate try a third time, and just as immediately get a third consecutive woodshed beating. Tell me, what is the proper course of action:

A) Try something different, such as using a different tactic, going somewhere else, or asking for help, or...
    B) Keep tower-diving a Volibear until the enemy team has a 13-2 kill lead less than 10 minutes into the game

This was one of the rare occasions where I actually sympathized with somebody rage-quitting when our mid gave up and left. I was so frustrated that I voted "No" on the inevitable surrender vote just to make those two suffer a little bit more.

Seriously, it wasn't a matter of skill. Unskilled players would get their butts kicked, but they'd eventually realize that they were outmatched. These two just kept doing the LEEROY JENKINS thing until we were doomed.

I did give the Volibear an Honorable Opponent mark though, since he was actually apologizing for stomping us so badly.

...sorry, had to get that out of my system.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Warning: incoming venting.

Spoiler
    Show
    So, here's a strategy query for you.

Say you and a buddy try using a particular tactic. You and said buddy get your butts kicked. So you and said buddy rush back to where it happened and try a second time. You get your butts kicked a second time. So you immediate try a third time, and just as immediately get a third consecutive woodshed beating. Tell me, what is the proper course of action:

A) Try something different, such as using a different tactic, going somewhere else, or asking for help, or...
    B) Keep tower-diving a Volibear until the enemy team has a 13-2 kill lead less than 10 minutes into the game

This was one of the rare occasions where I actually sympathized with somebody rage-quitting when our mid gave up and left. I was so frustrated that I voted "No" on the inevitable surrender vote just to make those two suffer a little bit more.

Seriously, it wasn't a matter of skill. Unskilled players would get their butts kicked, but they'd eventually realize that they were outmatched. These two just kept doing the LEEROY JENKINS thing until we were doomed.

I did give the Volibear an Honorable Opponent mark though, since he was actually apologizing for stomping us so badly.

...sorry, had to get that out of my system.

Damn. That does suck.

Also: I'm Silver, I'm not in Vlad's Infiltrators. I am a hipster, apparently.