New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1502
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends LII: Sin of the Blind Monk

Quote Originally Posted by EternalMelon View Post
    Mumblers make up 25.61 % of Vlads Infiltrators by my count.

5/30 Silver Is
    5/23 IIs
    14/39 IIIs
    5/27 IVs
    13/45 Vs (Djinns here though, and I expect alot of mumbers in Silver are just too lazy to climb/can't escape bads).
    My count is:
    I - 9
    II - 10
    III - 16
    IV - 9
    V - 19

Plus an additional 10 of us who're graduates of the league.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Ettin in the Playground

Mumblers make up 25.61 % of Vlads Infiltrators by my count.

5/30 Silver Is
    5/23 IIs
    14/39 IIIs
    5/27 IVs
    13/45 Vs (Djinns here though, and I expect alot of mumbers in Silver are just too lazy to climb/can't escape bads).
    Meh, I've never bought the 'can't escape bads' excuse.

Sure, I'll bitch about it too, especially recently when I went on a losing streak because of it and actually lost a rank, but now I'm slowly back on the climb again. If you deserve to be higher, you'll climb higher.

Statistically, since YOU presumably are not a bad/troll/afker, there is only a 4/9 (44.44% chance) that the bad/troll/afker will be on your team, and a 5/9 chance (55.55%) that he will be on the enemy team. Over a large enough sample bads/trolls will actually benefit you.

Of course the key there is large enough sample - just don't get frustrated at a string of losses - because you'll have a string of wins as well, you just attribute the wins to you being awesome rather than a troll or baddie on the other team (as is human nature). My 7 game losing streak was preceded by (with a few more wins/losses in between) a 14 game win streak. I'll admit straight up that 2 games in particular in that streak my team did NOT deserve to win.

Short summary? Bads are more likely to be on the other team. Keep playing your best every game, and you'll rise to your appropriate level.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    [snip]Keep playing your best every game, and you'll rise to your appropriate level.
    And then some, as you level will slowly rise with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by true_shinken View Post
    With a roar of effort, I make everyone agree with EternalMelon.
    Traa-tan by Demastro

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Firbolg in the Playground

Meh, I've never bought the 'can't escape bads' excuse.
    I agree. I've gotten a few bads, but the balance of probability indicates that eventually I'd win more Silver V games than I lose. I'm just lazy.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

5. - Top - End - #1235

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    I agree. I've gotten a few bads, but the balance of probability indicates that eventually I'd win more Silver V games than I lose. I'm just lazy.
    Dou with me! I'll carry you, because obviously I'm a better player than you because I'm a higher rank!
    Traa-tan by Demastro

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Troll in the Playground

So, maybe I'm imagining things, but I think my teamspeak hates me. without running teamspeak (the place for me for finding other EUW players and friends) my Lol runs fine. with it no matter what my connection is, no matter if I run othe rprograms or not, my lol just lags like it has an old lady in fornt of it. I haven't found a way to switch ports (maybe that's it) and on trying to find a sulotion to the problem I found an unrelated issue about the scrLk key which I don't use anyway. Sad thing is, now I still don't have anyone to play with over VOIP since having lag issues (where chainging Zyra's e and r won't even work and where she walks funny) is too bad to just roll with it.

Oh, and don't give me the playground mumble crap since the only people I see there are playing NA...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    Oh, and don't give me the playground mumble crap since the only people I see there are playing NA...
    There's a handful of mumblers who're only on mumble because we dragged them on with us. If you cultivate a European activity on the server, there'll be one.

Hell, I'm pretty sure there's a good few playgrounders who only transitioned to being mumblers because I personally dragged them on.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    There's a handful of mumblers who're only on mumble because we dragged them on with us. If you cultivate a European activity on the server, there'll be one.

Hell, I'm pretty sure there's a good few playgrounders who only transitioned to being mumblers because I personally dragged them on.
    I tried. It didn't stick, if anything it made the EUW (I know they were there) change to NA
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd suggest finding a new place to meet players. Such as chat areas or forums. And then using a new chat program. But since it seems that didn't work for you, if you already have the friends and just need a new chat client, go with raid or skype. Both are simple and quick.
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Troll in the Playground

But free Elise dude. You're the quintessential pubstomper, Gold should be worth the free Elise.

(Though you can get gold in TT in 1,5 hours too...)
    Last edited by Winthur; 2013-10-01 at 12:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    I tried. It didn't stick, if anything it made the EUW (I know they were there) change to NA
    Tried what, exactly?

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Ettin in the Playground

Dou with me! I'll carry you, because obviously I'm a better player than you because I'm a higher rank!
    OMG that problem has gotten so bad lately.

I've kept a count. So far I've had no less than THREE Platinum players duo qued with bronze players (you can tell because you can look in their history and they were playing ranked games with the same person).

So far not a single one has managed to win the game. It's always the same thing - the bronze player feeds, and the platinum player does fine, but just can't carry basically a 4v5. One of the bronze guys was in the jungle, didn't gank a single lane, and was level 5 when I hit level 7 as the support.

I seriously think that you should be banned from duo queing with anybody that is more than 1 tier away from you (i.e. if you're Plat III, you can't duo with somebody below Gold III, if you're Diamond IV, you can't que with anybody below Plat IV).

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Ettin in the Playground

I seriously think that you should be banned from duo queing with anybody that is more than 1 tier away from you (i.e. if you're Plat III, you can't duo with somebody below Gold III, if you're Diamond IV, you can't que with anybody below Plat IV).
    If they're going to make it a rule, they can just hardcode it in, in this case.

Personally, I'd rather see Duo Queues go away entirely.

14. - Top - End - #1244

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    But free Elise dude. You're the quintessential pubstomper, Gold should be worth the free Elise.
    It would be, if I didn't own all the champions already and have 21k+ IP lying idle currently.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Ogre in the Playground

Welp. Just hit 30. Time to farm a crapload of IP for runes (and a few more ADC/Sup champs even tho I suck at both roles)
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mrcarter11 View Post
    I'd suggest finding a new place to meet players. Such as chat areas or forums. And then using a new chat program. But since it seems that didn't work for you, if you already have the friends and just need a new chat client, go with raid or skype. Both are simple and quick.
    I just thought of something related to this, could we set up a Chat room in the league client for Gitp that you can set to join automatically when you sign on?

17. - Top - End - #1247

-snip-
    I was actually making a joke about my rank being better than Djinns even though hes a way better player then me.

Also, Dou queues shouldn't ramp the elo up so high. It would be nice to be able to dou with some friends around your level and not be treated as a higher rank then you are.
    Traa-tan by Demastro

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Welp. Just hit 30. Time to farm a crapload of IP for runes (and a few more ADC/Sup champs even tho I suck at both roles)
    Playing a role helps one become significantly less sucky in it.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

19. - Top - End - #1249

Actual conversation in a ranked game. Swain got himself ahead and helped me snowball the other lanes with super ganks. (Vi ult into a Swain root is ridiculous)

Vi (me): That Swain is one badass mother-
    Soraka: Shut your mouth
    Vi: Just talkin' about Swain
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Playing a role helps one become significantly less sucky in it.
    Tried many a time. Support triggers my ADD and I lose interest in the game, and I just have no talent for ADC (probably due to me being better at melee champs then ranged in general).
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Troll in the Playground

It would be, if I didn't own all the champions already and have 21k+ IP lying idle currently.
    but the skin tho.

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Actual conversation in a ranked game. Swain got himself ahead and helped me snowball the other lanes with super ganks. (Vi ult into a Swain root is ridiculous)

Vi (me): That Swain is one badass mother-
    Soraka: Shut your mouth
    Vi: Just talkin' about Swain
    Excellent.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Colossus in the Playground

Tried many a time. Support triggers my ADD and I lose interest in the game, and I just have no talent for ADC (probably due to me being better at melee champs then ranged in general).
    Be more aggressive on the lane then. No problem with ADD. And again, range/melee is a thing you can learn. Mebbe takes few hundred games, whatever, a drop in the ocean and you want the IP anyways. It can be rewarding to learn other roles and styles anyways, and tends to improve your play in your original role too.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

24. - Top - End - #1254

Use your ADD as a weapon.
    Your job as support isn't just keeping the carry safe and poking (Zyra, btw, is a very 'active' support, try her). You're also in charge of vision monitoring. You need to always check the minimap, see where there's gaps, help your jungler make calls, and ping areas that are suspicious.

edit- oh, and what does everything think of Cleaver vs Hydra for your extended-core offensive item on Renekton?
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2013-10-01 at 01:43 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zmasterofjersey View Post
    I just thought of something related to this, could we set up a Chat room in the league client for Gitp that you can set to join automatically when you sign on?
    I just created the channel "GITP" and you've always been able to set chat rooms to "auto join on startup". Its in the gearbox menu in the top of chat.

26. - Top - End - #1256

edit- oh, and what does everything think of Cleaver vs Hydra for your extended-core offensive item on Renekton?
    Cleaver, you get the brutalize anyway. maybe Hydra if your doing really well/to split push, but id recommend the BC anyway. Its just so good on him.
    Traa-tan by Demastro

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm going to echo the others and say that if you're losing interest in the game while playing support, you're probably going about it wrong.

Your job as a support is to simultaneously, in no specific order of importance:
    • Protect your carry
    • Zone the enemy laners
    • Poke the enemy laners if you're that sort of champion,
    • Watch how they're moving to find a good opening for an engage
    • Keep track of ward timers
    • Try to keep tabs on the enemy jungler,
    • Keep tabs on your own jungler
    • Call mias for every lane
    • Try to predict when a lane is trying to gank another one
    • Ward your lane
    • Ward up near dragon, and if you feel like it, at the enemy blue
    • Watch for when the enemy places a ward, then let your carry and jungler know (you don't even have to have vision in the bush/fog of war they put it in--as long as you can see them, there's a noise and puff of light where they place it)
    • And probably a bunch more that I forgot about

(Or at least that's how I try to play support).

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Ettin in the Playground

Cleaver seems more popular and its build path is probably strongest for him(Bruta is cheap and effective). Works really well in teamfights because of the debuff.

Hydra is stronger if you're split pushing, I think, and the dueling potential is stronger due to the lifesteal and auto-reset.

Last Whisper is what I could've sworn efdf recommended last time he said something about the Croc in thread.

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    Cleaver seems more popular and its build path is probably strongest for him(Bruta is cheap and effective). Works really well in teamfights because of the debuff.

Hydra is stronger if you're split pushing, I think, and the dueling potential is stronger due to the lifesteal and auto-reset.

Last Whisper is what I could've sworn efdf recommended last time he said something about the Croc in thread.
    I see cleaver vs. LW like this: do I have people besides myself (as Renekton) and the ADC who deal AD as their main source of damage? If yes, eventually get BC, if not, get LW. Honestly with Renekton though, I'm usually building 4 tanky items and boots before I even think about getting either or, maybe getting a Brutalizer early game depending on how well my lane goes.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

30. - Top - End - #1260

I don't mind them communicating in meme's so much as I mind them communicating in ridiculously OUTDATED memes. Seriously - that one is YEARS old.
    Yeah, but he'll probably run for governor again next election.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein