New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1833343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1502
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends LII: Sin of the Blind Monk

Well, looks like my ISP is putting the brakes on my budding LoL career: between about 10am to 8pm local time, I can't risk playing because I run a 50/50 risk of them randomly deciding to disconnect me for no reason (not that I have any possible way to fix, at any rate). I've had the game for less than a week and my ISP has already earned me a multi-hour leaver ban
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    Well, looks like my ISP is putting the brakes on my budding LoL career: between about 10am to 8pm local time, I can't risk playing because I run a 50/50 risk of them randomly deciding to disconnect me for no reason (not that I have any possible way to fix, at any rate). I've had the game for less than a week and my ISP has already earned me a multi-hour leaver ban
    Have you talked to your ISP?

I had a somewhat similar problem a couple weeks ago when I moved into my house, I got a tech out, and he fixed the problem, it turns out that they had the bandwidth jacked up higher than the line could actually support, so it was causing serious lag spikes. Haven't had a DC since then - in fact, a couple days ago, when the Riot servers went crazy, I think I was the only person in a GiTP game that was NOT lagging.

Get them to check the line and they may be able to fix it.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2013-10-01 at 03:04 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Ettin in the Playground

You may also want to check who else is using your line - a couple years ago I suddenly had major lag playing WoW, and it turns out the guy next door had pirated into my line and was running a torrent downloading program 24/7. If you have family members on computers, a lot of people don't understand that certain programs continue to use up a LOT of bandwidth if they leave them running.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Have you talked to your ISP?

I had a somewhat similar problem a couple weeks ago when I moved into my house, I got a tech out, and he fixed the problem, it turns out that they had the bandwidth jacked up higher than the line could actually support, so it was causing serious lag spikes. Haven't had a DC since then - in fact, a couple days ago, when the Riot servers went crazy, I think I was the only person in a GiTP game that was NOT lagging.

Get them to check the line and they may be able to fix it.
    I'll do that if I get a chance...and if my boss ever gets back to me on exactly who the ISP is

You may also want to check who else is using your line - a couple years ago I suddenly had major lag playing WoW, and it turns out the guy next door had pirated into my line and was running a torrent downloading program 24/7. If you have family members on computers, a lot of people don't understand that certain programs continue to use up a LOT of bandwidth if they leave them running.
    It's company housing, so a lot of people use it, but only intermittently, and I'm pretty much the only one who uses it for more time than it takes to check email and maybe browse facebook for a little while.

The drops are also generally clustered around noon and 5pm, regardless of whether there's three people here or twelve. Since those are the times when a lot of people would be logging on (during lunch break and when getting home from work, respectively), my current theory is that the ISP's servers just blow goats and get overloaded.
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    but really, i wonder why they're doing the mana fixes so slowly. they're pretty much all necessary and several champions are still kind of crippled by mana.

zil still has 130 mana Q's and 125/150/175 mana R's, veigar's WER cost a total of 455 at max ranks, soraka's W and R cost 200 and 250 mana, respectively. Janna's QER costs a sum of 460. fiddlestick's cheapest basic ability still costs 105 mana on top of his 250 mana ultimate. viktor lacks an item slot with which to handle a lot of niche needs (like mana), so his 225 mana ulti tends to wreck his pool. there are just so many ults today standardized at 100 mana that playing champions who are way off of that mark is off-putting.
    I'm pretty late on this but please Riot no mana reduction on Zilean and Veigar. Being bombed out of lane is only ok because he runs out of mana doing it, and that stun has way too much range

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

No, don't leave me! You're the only guy around my level. Don't make me play with the 30s again! It's scary up there.

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Ettin in the Playground

So I have this theory that I call "Airmanning". Basically, its the idea that an important part of the learning process is putting someone to a task that's so far beyond their current capability(but something that can be done) that the most reasonable reaction is to say "You gotta be kidding me". Then, having seen what's possible, it somehow simplifies the learning curve where they currently are.

Its similar to something Eld said a while back that "Talent breeds talent".
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll do that if I get a chance...and if my boss ever gets back to me on exactly who the ISP is

It's company housing, so a lot of people use it, but only intermittently, and I'm pretty much the only one who uses it for more time than it takes to check email and maybe browse facebook for a little while.

The drops are also generally clustered around noon and 5pm, regardless of whether there's three people here or twelve. Since those are the times when a lot of people would be logging on (during lunch break and when getting home from work, respectively), my current theory is that the ISP's servers just blow goats and get overloaded.
    Yeah if its a company line there nothing you're going to be able to do about it.

They have a set bandwidth (usually stupidly low for the amount of people using it), and they aren't going to pay to increase it unless EVERYBODY is complaining.

Unless you can get a private line, yeah, you could be screwed except late at night or early in the morning.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Farix View Post
    No, don't leave me! You're the only guy around my level. Don't make me play with the 30s again! It's scary up there.
    Not sure what level you are, but I'm 19 (IGN Sosrey, typical EST 10PM-12PM play time). But I still have not picked a group of champs or role yet (although I enjoy support), so every Tuesday I become a newb again.
    Last edited by Hullabaloo; 2013-10-01 at 03:43 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    So I have this theory that I call "Airmanning". Basically, its the idea that an important part of the learning process is putting someone to a task that's so far beyond their current capability(but something that can be done) that the most reasonable reaction is to say "You gotta be kidding me". Then, having seen what's possible, it somehow simplifies the learning curve where they currently are.

Its similar to something Eld said a while back that "Talent breeds talent".
    I REMEMBER MY POINT NOW! (long story)

I feel that not only do people get to see what the goal is, but also why its the goal. For example, 1v1ing sofa will teach you that:
    1. Sofa is a really good 1v1 player.
    2. Getting as many last hits, and autos on the enemy, are really important
    3. The power of controlling the minion waves
    4. Zoning is great
    5. You can take a lane back if your good enough
    6. Item choice (and timing) is important

Sure, I got stomped by sofa tons of times, but I've adapted what I've been stomped by into my play, and it has made my play get better by a wide margin. By playing something I knew I had no way of winning, it highlighted why I had no way of winning.
    Quote Originally Posted by true_shinken View Post
    With a roar of effort, I make everyone agree with EternalMelon.
    Traa-tan by Demastro

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah if its a company line there nothing you're going to be able to do about it.

They have a set bandwidth (usually stupidly low for the amount of people using it), and they aren't going to pay to increase it unless EVERYBODY is complaining.

Unless you can get a private line, yeah, you could be screwed except late at night or early in the morning.
    What I meant was that it's a normal apartment and (as far as I know) a normal internet line, it's just all paid for by the company.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Titan in the Playground

So, apart from Nasus, which melee character would benefit well from Tri-force now?
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    So, apart from Nasus, which melee character would benefit well from Tri-force now?
    Pretty sure Jax hates it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

14. - Top - End - #1274

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Jax, Shyv, Udyr..... Irelia... off the top of my head. Although it is fighting Bork for the slot, getting both would make deal.....

TONS OF DAMAGE!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH
    Edit: im not a avid bruser player, so I'm not the most informed. Skarner too?
    Last edited by EternalMelon; 2013-10-01 at 04:03 PM.
    Traa-tan by Demastro

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Farix View Post
    If you want to play a lower level game I have a low-level I've used for a couple friends that started the game. I think he's level 7 or 8 right now. Just message me when I'm on if you want to play a game or want advice/help.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2013-10-01 at 04:09 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Ettin in the Playground

What I meant was that it's a normal apartment and (as far as I know) a normal internet line, it's just all paid for by the company.
    Not usually, actually. In a normal apartment complex, each line is individual and paid for by individuals - unless there is a problem with the trunk, if one guy is lagging everybody won't necessarily be lagging.

For company run housing they tend to have ONE big line for the whole building, with everybody on the same line. That's whats causing the massive lag spikes at peak time - everybody is on the same line, it's like a house where 2 parents and 3 kids are all trying to use the connection at once.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

17. - Top - End - #1277

Not usually, actually. In a normal apartment complex, each line is individual and paid for by individuals - unless there is a problem with the trunk, if one guy is lagging everybody won't necessarily be lagging.

For company run housing they tend to have ONE big line for the whole building, with everybody on the same line. That's whats causing the massive lag spikes at peak time - everybody is on the same line, it's like a house where 2 parents and 3 kids are all trying to use the connection at once.
    Just an FYI, double posts are usually frowned upon here, try and use the edit function to edit in things you wanna say. If your quoting/responding to someone, use the little "s beside quote, then edit your post.
    Traa-tan by Demastro

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Ettin in the Playground

It is a normal apartment complex. A couple of the apartments just happen to have the company's name and payment info on the contracts. Everybody else in the complex is a regular individual or family.
    Last edited by Artanis; 2013-10-01 at 04:19 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EternalMelon View Post
    Jax, Shyv, Udyr..... Irelia... off the top of my head. Although it is fighting Bork for the slot, getting both would make deal.....

TONS OF DAMAGE!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH
    Edit: im not a avid bruser player, so I'm not the most informed. Skarner too?
    Skarner could buy it but not really. It gives him some stats but he kinda prefers tankier stats. Kinda the same prob with Udyr and Shyv, though they can afford it off the toplane. Shen uses Triforce really well too. Then there's like Poppy, Alistar, etc. that are kinda out of the left field but use it reasonably well.

Long, long ago people used to get it on Nasus and Trundle but eh, idk about that. Full tank on Nasus is probably better. Trundle...no clue, honestly. Feels he contributes a bit too little as a full tank but he's kinda squishy with a DPS item.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Ogre in the Playground

the options menu rework that reinboom's team did is going live, too. congrats.
    Thanks!

@Reina, can we get that renamed into Burlew's Infiltrators or The Playground's Infiltrators? I mean seriously, dang near *EVERYONE* who's silver in this thread is in that silver league. Totally not serious.
    I can only imagine how strange that might be in regions not accounted for here. "Burlew? 뭐?"

Random happy incident:
    Made it so that you can now "stick" chat so that while browsing the chat history, new messages won't send you to the bottom. This took rewriting a huge portion of chat. It's the reason why it wasn't done before (though not for lack of a few people trying). This'll probably be in 3.13.
    Hurrah for lull times after big projects and dares by xelnath.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Titan in the Playground

Awesome. That'll be much appreciated.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Colossus in the Playground

Last patch seems to crash for me if I have LoLReplay installed. Works without installing it. Also, I'll monitor this for tomorrow, but roundabout 220 names from my /f list (everybody in General) seem to have vanished. I find this slightly peculiar.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinboom View Post
    I can only imagine how strange that might be in regions not accounted for here. "Burlew? 뭐?"
    That wouldn't be a big issue since the League we're talking about renaming is strictly an NA League.

Random happy incident:
    Made it so that you can now "stick" chat so that while browsing the chat history, new messages won't send you to the bottom. This took rewriting a huge portion of chat. It's the reason why it wasn't done before (though not for lack of a few people trying). This'll probably be in 3.13.
    OMFG YOU'RE AWESOME
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Ettin in the Playground

It is a normal apartment complex. A couple of the apartments just happen to have the company's name and payment info on the contracts. Everybody else in the complex is a regular individual or family.
    Oh, yeah, then talk to him about it and see what the bandwidth is - maybe you can work something out where you pay for increased bandwidth or something.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Laudandus View Post
    I'm pretty late on this but please Riot no mana reduction on Zilean and Veigar. Being bombed out of lane is only ok because he runs out of mana doing it, and that stun has way too much range
    it would be a good opportunity to make zilean less stupid in general

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Titan in the Playground

So, I'm toying with the idea of a triforce on new olaf. Having tried him out, and liking what I saw, I was thinking that with the new E reducing cooldown every time he attacks, he can get a strike in every 3-4 seconds, and then procing Triforce, allowing his next basic attack to do a lot more damage. It also gives him good chasing with the phage effect, and of course attack speed and crit chance are good as well.

I'm thinking tanky with a side of Triforce and lifesteal (Preferably Bloodthurster). What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2013-10-01 at 05:34 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Laudandus View Post
    I'm pretty late on this but please Riot no mana reduction on Zilean and Veigar. Being bombed out of lane is only OK because he runs out of mana doing it, and that stun has way too much range
    Then Veigars cool downs should be increased early-game, according to you.
    Mid-game he already has enough problems with most bruisers who have a gap closer and Mercuries threads.

Not to mention that if you use strategy, he becomes useless lategame. Just make sure your casters don't get near him until he has dropped the stun or enough of his combo that he can't one shot you. After that he's dead in the water for enough time already. Why do you think he's almost never played in high elo? Thank Riot that at my Elo (Silver III) I can still play him as a sniper sometimes in ranked. (In normal queu, I stomp with him unless I get camped or hard-countered)

Honestly though, you're right. He does not need mana changes. What should be done is make the stuncage smaller, slightly less cooldown and slightly less range. This would make Veigar more usefull to teamfights in regards to zoning instead of grabbing one person, unleashing your burst upon them and going ''well, I really hope I don't die to the rest of them'' because you can do nothing else but try to walk away and/or flash which with the current amount of gapclosers in the game is pretty much undoable.

Perhaps change his passive from Chalice(which makes me not want to buy that item, even though Athene's is wonderfull on him) to something which would amount to ''After focussing vast amounts of damage, some of it lingers in his body, toughening him for a short duration, with it lessening over time.'' Which would make it easier for him to walk away after his burst yet not make him tanky as he has reasonably high cooldowns.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Titan in the Playground

Last edited by Silverraptor; 2013-10-01 at 05:36 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Bugbear in the Playground

Random happy incident:
    Niiiice, thanks

That wouldn't be a big issue since the League we're talking about renaming is strictly an NA League.
    Really depends how it's coded; I can see ways it could be coded where you can't just change the name of one league, you'd have to switch the name in the list of possible names

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    Then Veigars cool downs should be increased early-game, according to you.
    Mid-game he already has enough problems with most bruisers who have a gap closer and Mercuries threads.

Not to mention that if you use strategy, he becomes useless lategame. Just make sure your casters don't get near him until he has dropped the stun or enough of his combo that he can't one shot you. After that he's dead in the water for enough time already. Why do you think he's almost never played in high elo? Thank Riot that at my Elo (Silver III) I can still play him as a sniper sometimes in ranked. (In normal queu, I stomp with him unless I get camped or hard-countered)
    Unless he gets shut down early, late game Veigar's combo can actually obliterate pretty much everyone if he blows both DFG and ult. He's hardly useless.

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

it would be a good opportunity to make zilean less stupid in general
    For the record I like this idea. The reason that LoL is a popular and fun game is because it has 100+ heroes that are each supposed to be fun and unique, and Zilean's ult truly is unique, and actually, his entire kit is really awesome. They just need to adjust numbers or something pls.