New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 203536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1502
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends LII: Sin of the Blind Monk

So I just had an interesting game. It was a 5v5 with some guy who was streaming. Would of been alright but I chose my AP masteries instead of jungle >_>

So long story short, 50 people watching his stream saw probably my worst jungling I've done since I started jungling.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    Then Veigars cool downs should be increased early-game, according to you.
    Mid-game he already has enough problems with most bruisers who have a gap closer and Mercuries threads.

Not to mention that if you use strategy, he becomes useless lategame. Just make sure your casters don't get near him until he has dropped the stun or enough of his combo that he can't one shot you. After that he's dead in the water for enough time already. Why do you think he's almost never played in high elo? Thank Riot that at my Elo (Silver III) I can still play him as a sniper sometimes in ranked. (In normal queu, I stomp with him unless I get camped or hard-countered)

Honestly though, you're right. He does not need mana changes. What should be done is make the stuncage smaller, slightly less cooldown and slightly less range. This would make Veigar more usefull to teamfights in regards to zoning instead of grabbing one person, unleashing your burst upon them and going ''well, I really hope I don't die to the rest of them'' because you can do nothing else but try to walk away and/or flash which with the current amount of gapclosers in the game is pretty much undoable.

Perhaps change his passive from Chalice(which makes me not want to buy that item, even though Athene's is wonderfull on him) to something which would amount to ''After focussing vast amounts of damage, some of it lingers in his body, toughening him for a short duration, with it lessening over time.'' Which would make it easier for him to walk away after his burst yet not make him tanky as he has reasonably high cooldowns.
    Veigar has the same problem as Annie/Brand/Viktor/all those champions who are kind of the same, which is that as a burst mage who doesn't have mobility, extreme range, or extreme utility, his numbers need to be so high for him to be balanced that his laning would be absolutely the worst thing to play against.

As is, I just really hate him because I'm super-bad against targeted stuns, which is why I'm glad that no one (especially at high elo) plays him. I always die to the enemy jungler ~level 3 vs Veigar, although I have the same problem against Annie.

I think the best way to fix the interesting parts of Zilean while removing the bad parts is to remake his W and Q. E is one of his more interesting abilities, and his ult is pretty interesting, but his Q is too powerful in lane and his W has the aforementioned resetting-your-best-ability issue.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosOS View Post
    So after trying her on the PBE I have to say Jinx is disgustingly powerful, her DPS is nuts and she has decent zone control with her W and E. Then of course her ult is just a straight up massive damage global finisher, only note is its hitbox is not nearly as wide as say an ezreal or ashe ult, but it moves much faster than either once it gets moving.
    Sounds like Draven.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Almost 20, so looking to get some TierIII runes. Currently have about 18k IP saved up, and 400 RP somehow. I have no set role, just trying alot of different characters. My go to right now is which ever support is on the free rotation, and mainly stay away from Mid. I have played very little Jung or Top, so will be playing that a fair bit to check it out

Ive read that general good all around ones are

Yellow, Greater Seal of Armor. Blue Greater Glyph of Magic Resist. Red, Greater Mark of AD. I've read a bit about people who get the 1 Crit chance rune, which I think is a fun idea for early game, which color would that be best in? No clue on Quints. Am I on the right general track? I plan on throwing $10-20 at the game to get a few champs. Thinking Jax (popped my LoL cherry, and had fun with him) and Thresh (my fav support so far), and keep trying some to see what i like.

Also, thanks for the info Reinboom, I played my first game then spent a few mind trying to figure out how I messed up my res:)
    Last edited by Hullabaloo; 2013-10-02 at 08:37 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hullabaloo View Post
    Almost 20, so looking to get some TierIII runes. Currently have about 18k IP saved up, and 400 RP somehow. I have no set role, just trying alot of different characters. My go to right now is which ever support is on the free rotation, and mainly stay away from Mid. I have played very little Jung or Top, so will be playing that a fair bit to check it out

Yellow, Greater Seal of Armor. Blue Greater Glyph of Magic Resist. Red, Greater Mark of AD. I've read a bit about people who get the 1 Crit chance rune, which I think is a fun idea for early game, which color would that be best in? No clue on Quints. Am I on the right general track? I plan on throwing $10-20 at the game to get a few champs. Thinking Jax (popped my LoL cherry, and had fun with him) and Thresh (my fav support so far), and keep trying some to see what i like.

Also, thanks for the info Reinboom, I played my first game then spent a few mind trying to figure out how I messed up my res:)
    Crit red will give you the most for a single rune besides a quintessence.

The best of each color to get in my opinion are
    Red: flat AD, flat arpen, flat mpen, hybrid pen, and attack speed.
    Yellow: flat armor,flat mana regen
    Blue: flat or scaling magic resist (your choice here) flat ap or ap/level (your choice again)
    Quints:flat ad, flat ap, movement speed.

You wont have enough for all of these runes, you just have to get what you can that will work for the most champions and get the specialized ones later.
    Last edited by zmasterofjersey; 2013-10-02 at 08:59 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hullabaloo View Post

You get 400 free RP when you hit like lvl 5 so thats where that came from.

And yea, you have the general idea on a good set of starter runes, armor yellows, Magic Resist blues, AD Reds, and movespeed quints are good. Should cost you around 7600 IP total for it if my math serves me correctly.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zmasterofjersey View Post
    Crit red will give you the most for a single rune besides a quintessence.

The best of each color to get in my opinion are
    Red: flat AD, flat arpen, flat mpen, hybrid pen, and attack speed.
    Yellow: flat armor,flat mana regen
    Blue: flat or scaling magic resist (your choice here) flat ap or ap/level (your choice again)
    Quints:flat ad, flat ap, movement speed.

You wont have enough for all of these runes, you just have to get what you can that will work for the most champions and get the specialized ones later.
    To expand on this post:

Note that in the current meta, magic penetration marks have been rendered somewhat obsolete by hybrid penetration marks because almost all casters enjoy using autoattacks for harass purposes making their laning phases slightly stronger while not detracting much from their late game damage output. However, the difference isn't that great and hybrid penetration marks are extremely costly at 820 IP per rune.

I, myself, run Hybrid Pen marks on every support with any sort of poke damage that doesn't scale much with AD (so not Thresh), which includes Zyra, Sona and Lulu. Auto harass is very underrated on supports and these runes can really help win a trade.

The runes you should definitely prioritize and buy them first are Armor yellows and Magic Resist blues. They're pretty much the best, most universal runes around. They allow you to not get destroyed in trades in lane and can correct some positional mistakes. They're also useful throughout the whole game. Armor yellows also make you able to jungle without killing yourself. Most players run those runes on the majority of their runepages.

I wouldn't buy flat AP blues or if I did, I'd buy like a combination with AP/lvls, such as 4x flat AP and 5x AP/lvl or some such. AP/lvl blues outscale flat AP pretty fast and unlock a better late game especially if Deathcap is involved. Still I wouldn't prioritize AP blues, they're not nearly as universal while being more expensive than the Magic Resist runes.

If you like most people have only 2 pages and are only starting out you can get by with just a generic AD and a generic AP page, which will look like:
    AD reds, Armor yellows, Magic resist blues, AD quints
    and
    M.Pen or Hybrid Pen reds, Armor yellows, Magic resist blues, AP quints

Notably you don't have to buy 9 runes of the same type for every runepage so you only have to buy 1 set of Armor and Magic resist runes and you're set for life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    Rewind is the biggest thing about bombs that is dumb, so I'm really confused by you projecting it all onto bombs instead of Rewind.
    Because bombs are dumb and dont revive people. W makes you revive faster.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    A bomb is a bad choice for close range combat.

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Ettin in the Playground

You have that backwards. R CD is so long because of W; in essence, W makes you revive slower.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

You have that backwards. R CD is so long because of W; in essence, W makes you revive slower.
    You haven't played 40% CDR Blue buff level 16 zilean.

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, and that's how I got out of Silver II :3

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    Yeah, and that's how I got out of Silver II :3
    I didn't say it was good, I said it was fun, and your ult is on a short CD.

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Troll in the Playground

Rune advice:

Yellows are flat armor. Later, you can grab leveled HP runes and use them on bruisers and tanks who build a bunch of resists anyway. Very few of the other ones are worth getting: small amounts of health regen are fairly bad compared to the damage you can absorb with these defensive runes, energy regen is only useful on Kennen, and GP10 sacrifices too much survivability.

Blue are flat or scaling MR, depending on preference. AP and leveled AP are possibilities but definitely not priorities. Some pro players run a few mana regen blues on ADCs like Ezreal and Varus because they don't need much MR in lane and they'll get exploded by an AP late anyway (plus Zed is vogue anyway and doesn't do noticable magic damage).

Reds should just be AD if you're getting one rune page. Everybody likes AD (well, except Karthus). After that, junglers tend to use AS for clear speed and AP characters like HPen. ADCs can use one crit rune if you like, and other ADs usually are better with ArPen than AD but it's not terribly much of a difference until late game.

Quints depend on role. Move speed is a good general choice (especially for jungle and mid), GP10 for most supports, flat HP is pretty strong especially with resists from runes or build, ADCs like 2-3 lifesteal and 0-1 AD quints to sustain and last-hit, and AP quints are the best way to get AP without sacrificing your MR.

Since you mentioned playing support a lot, I'd go:
    Armor Yellows
    MR/lvl Blues
    GP10 or Move Speed Quints
    AD or Hpen Reds

In roughly that order.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    Rune advice:

Yellows are flat armor. Later, you can grab leveled HP runes and use them on bruisers and tanks who build a bunch of resists anyway. Very few of the other ones are worth getting: small amounts of health regen are fairly bad compared to the damage you can absorb with these defensive runes, energy regen is only useful on Kennen, and GP10 sacrifices too much survivability.

Blue are flat or scaling MR, depending on preference. AP and leveled AP are possibilities but definitely not priorities. Some pro players run a few mana regen blues on ADCs like Ezreal and Varus because they don't need much MR in lane and they'll get exploded by an AP late anyway (plus Zed is vogue anyway and doesn't do noticable magic damage).

Reds should just be AD if you're getting one rune page. Everybody likes AD (well, except Karthus). After that, junglers tend to use AS for clear speed and AP characters like HPen. ADCs can use one crit rune if you like, and other ADs usually are better with ArPen than AD but it's not terribly much of a difference until late game.

Quints depend on role. Move speed is a good general choice (especially for jungle and mid), GP10 for most supports, flat HP is pretty strong especially with resists from runes or build, ADCs like 2-3 lifesteal and 0-1 AD quints to sustain and last-hit, and AP quints are the best way to get AP without sacrificing your MR.

Since you mentioned playing support a lot, I'd go:
    Armor Yellows
    MR/lvl Blues
    GP10 or Move Speed Quints
    AD or Hpen Reds

In roughly that order.
    For my support page I run with:

Armor Yellow
    MR Blue
    Armor Red (mainly until I can unlock a 3rd rune page, because AD and HPen isn't great for all supports)
    GP10 Quints

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Armor Red (mainly until I can unlock a 3rd rune page, because AD and HPen isn't great for all supports)
    There isn't a single support on whom I would mind having AD runes if I were to play on a budget. HPen runes are more debatable but still p. good.

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Singed vs Nasus is really boring.

On the other hand: Singed vs Nasus is funny when lichbane rushing Diana (?) ganks your lane 3 times (not J4, the guy with the lock-down ult when singed has no flash) and you just ult away and laugh as your team takes dragon.

On the other hand: Wither+Creepblock+tower = annoying.

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Ettin in the Playground

I told you Thrantar!
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Ettin in the Playground

Singed vs Nasus is really boring.

On the other hand: Singed vs Nasus is funny when lichbane rushing Diana (?) ganks your lane 3 times (not J4, the guy with the lock-down ult when singed has no flash) and you just ult away and laugh as your team takes dragon.

On the other hand: Wither+Creepblock+tower = annoying.
    Nah, you want boring? Shen vs Zac.

Wet noodle fight, nobody ever dies.

And lichbane Diana is actually pretty decent, because she can stay on top of you with her R very easily (has no cooldown if she hit you with Q before hand), and she can hit most of the lichbane procs.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2013-10-02 at 02:53 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

And lichbane Diana is actually pretty decent, because she can stay on top of you with her R very easily (has no cooldown if she hit you with Q before hand), and she can hit most of the lichbane procs.
    yeah but lichbane rush is terrible compared to Abyssal or Hourglass rush. You want your onhit items after you have some other core items. Furthermore, Lichbane rush to camp singed top is a terrible idea. You'll never burst me (its a sustained build) and you'll never be able to catch me because I have a speed boost and you have no hard CC.

Zac v Shen is effectively the same thing as Singed v Nasus.

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Nah, you want boring? Shen vs Zac.

Wet noodle fight, nobody ever dies.

Riotplz make pasta Zac.

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zmasterofjersey View Post
    Riotplz make pasta Zac.
    I feel like they should make Plushie Zac a skin.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Personally I'd like a zac that was all dressed up. Like give him a fancy hat or something. I mean, a blob is inherently hard to dress, but still, that could be kinda cool.

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Ettin in the Playground

Personally I'd like a zac that was all dressed up. Like give him a fancy hat or something. I mean, a blob is inherently hard to dress, but still, that could be kinda cool.
    I feel like Zac could have a whole line of food-related skins.

Chocolate/Vanilla Pudding Zac.

Jello Zac.

Ice Cream Zac.

Whipped Cream Zac.

Fudge Zac.

Caramel Zac.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Troll in the Playground

AD and HPen isn't great for all supports
    There are exactly zero supports that aren't going to harass or all-in at some point in the lane.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Titan in the Playground

Soraka would disagree. Why try to trade when you can just make all the trading your adc does come out positive?
    Not that she's in a good enough place anymore to do so, but still.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Ettin in the Playground

Jello Zac
    Ooh! Ooh! BILL COSBY COSTUME!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Troll in the Playground

Soraka would disagree. Why try to trade when you can just make all the trading your adc does come out positive?
    Because pushing W and right-clicking aren't mutually exclusive. Last time I played Soraka the enemy Sivir spent the entire game with half a health bar.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm going to ignore the ignorance involved with you assuming I've never tried one of the old-school champions in the ~2600 normal queue games I've played.

How is that relevant? This isn't a 'skill' thing, this is basic mechanic theory. I just need to look at the kit and go "yup, that's the problem, right there".

Zilean's ult with rewinds on CD(requires you to be alive, which isn't always the case)(requires you to not save rewind for double-bomb, which is your best burst -and- DPS option) gets his ult down to 28-29s. Compare to Kayle's lvl 16 ult at full CDR, which has a flat 36s CD. Zilean's ult seems better, until you realize that there's too many caveats on Zilean's(and death timers are high enough that both ults are up for every 5v5 teamfight regardless), to the point where in practice, he's probably going to take 40-50s to get it back, and even then, they can just hard-code his ult to have a CD similar to Kayle's and do away with Rewind, and his entire kit becomes healthier for the change.

Not that she's in a good enough place anymore to do so, but still.
    Because, fun fact, Soraka can't do that by just pressing W anymore. Hell, she might not be able to do that by autoing and using Q and E too anymore either, depending on the game.
    Last edited by Godskook; 2013-10-02 at 04:59 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm going to ignore the ignorance involved with you assuming I've never tried one of the old-school champions in the ~2600 normal queue games I've played.

How is that relevant? This isn't a 'skill' thing, this is basic mechanic theory. I just need to look at the kit and go "yup, that's the problem, right there".

Zilean's ult with rewinds on CD(requires you to be alive, which isn't always the case)(requires you to not save rewind for double-bomb, which is your best burst -and- DPS option) gets his ult down to 28-29s. Compare to Kayle's lvl 16 ult at full CDR, which has a flat 36s CD. Zilean's ult seems better, until you realize that there's too many caveats on Zilean's(and death timers are high enough that both ults are up for every 5v5 teamfight regardless), to the point where in practice, he's probably going to take 40-50s to get it back, and even then, they can just hard-code his ult to have a CD similar to Kayle's and do away with Rewind, and his entire kit becomes healthier for the change.

Because, fun fact, Soraka can't do that by just pressing W anymore. Hell, she might not be able to do that by autoing and using Q and E too anymore either, depending on the game.
    That is why ryze sucks, if he didn't have built in cdr his cooldowns would be lower.