New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [PrC] Over-Sized Master

A nice, all rounded class here.

Suggest give +1 to grapple and balance at lvl 2, and increase to +2 to both at lvl 4? I like the combat tactics... read on that thread for more...
    We the Unwilling,
    Lead by the Unqualified,
    Have been doing the Unimagineble
    For so Long, with so Little,
    That we shall now attempt the Impossible
    With Nothing!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

I think this class has shaped up pretty well, although I don't get the grapple bonus: How can someone specializing in huge weapons grapple? (Holding a weapon and a person are amazingly different.)

The only other issue I might have would be that the Monkey Grip tree is just a little too boring. You might consider dropping the 5th level Monkey Grab (You'll always take a -1 penalty with larger weapons, it should never be exactly as easy to use as a normal sized weapon) and replace it with an "Oversized Weapon Trick," wherein you can choose from a list of special abilities making use of your large weaponry.

Oversized Reach (Ex): As a swift action, you can extend your large weapon's reach by 5 feet, although it can no longer attack adjacent opponents. You can switch back as a swift action.

Overpowering Weapon (Ex): Whenever you score a critical hit with your large weapon, you increase the extra damage dealt by your strength modifier by an additional multiplier.
    Gnoll Paladin with Zanbatou Avatar by Oregano.

Homebrews:

Quote Originally Posted by ExHunterEmerald
    Incidentally, Armadillo, I'd suggest you were hit by a spark of inspiration, but that would knock your armor off.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

I thought about using reach, but that would let the character a bit powerful, as he would have a lot more critical hits. The grapple bonus, is just to fill up space really. It's more a joke class than a serious one. That's why by the end you have no penalty at all. Like the Tempest is now, I guess.
    I'll think about these suggestions.

Member of the Hinjo fan club. Go Hinjo!
    "In Soviet Russia, the Darkness attacks you."
    "Rogues not only have a lot more skill points, but sneak attack is so good it hurts..."