Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Moonshae Tales (OOC)

This is the OOC thread for my Moonshea isles game (group 2)

Group 2{table]Player | Gestalt class 1 | Gestalt class 2 | Race | Name
    Alanek2002 | Swordsage | Moonblessed | Water Halfling | Oloril Quoros

Aldurin | Ranger | RHD | Thri-Kreen | Ch'tik Krichak

Janus Jones | Crusader | Dragonfire Adept | Water Orc | Schakri

CryWolfCorrupt | Duskblade | Spellthief | Silverbrow Human | Tuka Falanth[/table]

please discuss any modifications to character sheets, your group has no trap expert but there is a ranger ACF if you want to take that route or a PC with trap skills may yet be selected.

discuss options here and we'll start play on Tuesday (after picking the final PC on Monday).

Those selected may offer their preference of the remaining candidates by PM to me.
    Last edited by only1doug; 2013-09-23 at 07:27 AM.
    Doug

Currently GMing :
    Moonshae Mysteries IC / OOC / Central Map / west rooms map / east rooms map
    Moonshae Tales IC / OOC / Map
    Map of Area

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Moonshae Tales (OOC)

Well acf might be something worth switching to, but it doesn't make sense to know any trapmonkey skills other than taking 20 on a search check by using his face.

If push comes to shove, people can buy healing belts and/or walk it off when such traps are found.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

We don't know what we're up against, though - or when and how much we have access to, buy-wise.

Note: if the DM's cool with it, everybody who DOESN'T have silvery scale armor should totally buy dastana for 25 gp from OA. An extra +1 AC is made of win and awesome.

I need to fiddle with my equipment (just buying adventuring basics, like chalk and such).

Um ... I don't really WANT to, but I *could* take Draconic Vigor as a draconic aura at 3rd. It'll help the out-of-combat healing quite a bit. We'd all get fast healing up to 1/2 of full HP, which is pretty solid.

That said, I don't want to sacrifice too many feats. I'm looking to use the breath weapon as an all-combat nuke using Clinging Breath, which should make our fights WAY more manageable. When everything is entangled and taking 1d6 energy damage/round, it's a lot easier to move around and stomp it (and keep from getting mobbed).

Thoughts, guys? I'm stoked! I'm down to get cracking whenever - hell, I say we go bare-back and fire it up one man down, just to show our skeelz.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

@Alanaek: Your halfling has some issues. You took "non-combatant" as a flaw, which technically lowers your to-hit roll in melee by 2, which isn't factored into your sheet elsewhere. Also, it seems a tough choice given you're going to be a Swordsage, and that you've taken Two-Weapon Fighting and Shadow Hand - both melee-boosting feats. Dex to damage and hitting twice are both nice, but they depend on ... hitting. With a -3/-3 to hit with two weapons and a -1 to hit with ONE weapon in combat, you're going to have a VERY hard time being useful in melee.

I get that you've got the Warlock class to lean on, and that's cool, but grabbing boosts from Swordsage will only take you so far. I might at least consider dropping non-combatant (shaky, which affects ranged rolls, would make more sense, especially since your ranged attack is a TOUCH attack, making it MUCH more likely to hit) and TWF, since you can't take WP Finesse until you have +1 BaB. It's a long road to 3rd level, you know? Also, for a "swordsman," your guy really can't hit much with swords.

@Aladrin: Oh god Battle Jump. Good on you, then! Did you consider doing Barbarian (Lion Totem spirit totem ACF from Complete Champion) to pick up pounce? Your guy is kinda made for it - jump and pounce for 2d4+8 x4 claw attacks? Bye bye, big bad! You could always go Ranger for the next two levels, then start TWF with 2-handed weapons (whatever those goofy crescent sticks are called) on pouncing Battle Jumps by 3rd. By the time Leap Attack rolls around you'll be our cruise missile - just aim and shoot!
    Last edited by JanusJones; 2013-09-19 at 08:35 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    @Aladrin: Oh god Battle Jump. Good on you, then! Did you consider doing Barbarian (Lion Totem spirit totem ACF from Complete Champion) to pick up pounce? Your guy is kinda made for it - jump and pounce for 2d4+8 x4 claw attacks? Bye bye, big bad! You could always go Ranger for the next two levels, then start TWF with 2-handed weapons (whatever those goofy crescent sticks are called) on pouncing Battle Jumps by 3rd. By the time Leap Attack rolls around you'll be our cruise missile - just aim and shoot!
    Also consider that thrown weapons can be used in melee (classic example: daggers) so I can use my crystal not-shivs to do a higher damage and crit range claw replacement if I want. I plan for barbarian on my monster class side as soon as I hit four, as I want to keep full ranger progression for spells and earliest possible access to the combat styles. I won't be going Leap Attack since I won't be going Power Attack unless I'm absolutely sure there's nothing else that is stupidly useful for me.

This does bring up a good question for the DM, do the Chatchas count as light weapons when used in melee?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aldurin View Post
    Also consider that thrown weapons can be used in melee (classic example: daggers) so I can use my crystal not-shivs to do a higher damage and crit range claw replacement if I want. I plan for barbarian on my monster class side as soon as I hit four, as I want to keep full ranger progression for spells and earliest possible access to the combat styles. I won't be going Leap Attack since I won't be going Power Attack unless I'm absolutely sure there's nothing else that is stupidly useful for me.

This does bring up a good question for the DM, do the Chatchas count as light weapons when used in melee?
    Not all throwing weapons are ideal for use in melee, the Chatka really isn't designed for this type of use and won't be better than your claws for melee.
    They would however count as light weapons.
    Doug

Currently GMing :
    Map of Area

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

.... *facepalms* Changed the flaw to shaky, which fits the backstory more anyways. And a note about healing, at least for higher levels: I have UMD as a class skill. No points in it yet, but once we have a couple of levels (and WBL to have magic items) I'll have enough to activate wands out of combat.
    Edit: Actually, I need to ask permission for that. Default moon beam doesn't require an attack roll, but offers a save. It only requires an attack roll with the shape invocation I chose, which gets rid of the save.
    Last edited by alanek2002; 2013-09-19 at 10:42 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

thats fine
    Doug

Currently GMing :
    Map of Area

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by alanek2002 View Post
    .... *facepalms* Changed the flaw to shaky, which fits the backstory more anyways. And a note about healing, at least for higher levels: I have UMD as a class skill. No points in it yet, but once we have a couple of levels (and WBL to have magic items) I'll have enough to activate wands out of combat.
    Edit: Actually, I need to ask permission for that. Default moon beam doesn't require an attack roll, but offers a save. It only requires an attack roll with the shape invocation I chose, which gets rid of the save.
    No attack roll? AWESOME. Like a breath weapon, only with a single target. Definitely an improvement on classic Warlock shots, which are already rgeat for being touch attacks. I was thinking that I probably didn't read your class carefully enough, and there would be some way to make the blast into a melee weapon, thereby enabling use of maneuvers and such with touch-attacks fueled by your other class.

If you COULD do something like that, it would be IDEAL, actually!

UMD is always made of win and awesome. I also have it, I believe, and it will be crucial. Wands of Lesser Vigor (750 gp) are 11 hp healed per use (best for downtime healing, not in-combat heals), and I'll of course be using Crusader strikes to help out in the fray.

@Aldurin: Dude, I was suggesting using two arms for ONE two-hander and two arms for another - ergo, full attack pounces, TWF, and two-handed power attack damage with Leap Attack and Battle Jump. The math works like so: -1 to hit for +3 to damage for Leap Attacking with a 2-hander, doubled to a -1 for +6 return. By level 6, when you'd be picking this up, you could get yourself a +36 to damage for a -6 to hit. Sure, you could claw someone MORE, but why bother? Double two-handers would do the job JUST FINE - and with more damage.

Granted, I'd say going with claws would work just FINE, too (especially since you've already invested in Multiattack, that's really the path for you unless you do a tweak or two).

Chatkas, to be honest, are a power hit for you - I wouldn't waste the weight, unless you're just going to be chucking them. In melee, your claws will ALWAYS be better - you have Multiattack, not Multiweapon Fighting. 4 claws > 2 chatkas, every time.

As for Ranger, if that's how you want to go, do it! The spells aren't worth the investment, though - it's pretty much about the feats, skills, and the +1 BaB/level. Plus, to be honest, the feats are pretty worthless for you - you don't need TWF, since you have Multiattack, and going for Rapid Shot seems silly. There are some interesting ACFs out there, though, if you have something specific in mind ... ?

Me, I'd go Barb at first for pounce (which would DRAMATICALLY up your ouch factor, as you could battle jump for FOUR double-damage attacks!), then pick up martial adept levels (go go Warblade power!) for more versatility in combat (and some nice defensive stuff, like the Concentration-based save boosters, Iron Heart Surge, etc.).

Man, talking through the builds has made me wanna start tweaking Shackri! Still, I'm trying to restrain myself and keep it simple: straight DFA/Crusader all the way, focused on battlefield control, party-face, and in-combat healing/smashing.

Keep the dialogue up, guys! Let's make this team ROCK SOLID!

Oh, and let's talk tactics! Sounds like the Moonblessed will be able to just HIT. Is it a Ref save? If so, my entangling exhalation will back you up nicely. Targets get hit with a -4 Dex penalty AND a -2 to hit, meaning ranged attacks will be at a -4 and their Ref save will be down by 2. At least until 3rd level, you probably won't want to go anywhere near melee combat. Even fixing your flaw still only leaves you with a +1 to hit, which ain't much chance. You're going to want to snipe until 3rd, which means take a hard look at your maneuvers and feats and try to pick them in a way that will let you be relevant and useful till you can start swinging a sword. Otherwise, Swordsage is just dead-weight. Sudden Leap is a good pick; I might go for Counter Charge, Mighty Throw, and Stone Bones. After that, you've mostly got stuff that relies on you hitting something, which will be tough for you - consider what you could do to fix the issue.

Which brings me to durability. Our resident Thri-kreen has a low, LOW AC - and he's a front-liner. As a bit of a glass-cannon, what can we do to shore up AC? Also, just for your consideration, a level of Crusader could make him a badass healer in his own right - the Martial Spirit stance would get us 8 hp/round while he charged and stomped baddies!

I will be picking up Leading the Charge next level, which will make the kreen NASTY if he can pounce (add my martial adept level to charge damage - even at 2nd, this means +2 to all four claws, and it will just keep going up: +4 damage/level!).

Thoughts?
    Last edited by JanusJones; 2013-09-19 at 01:58 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Moonblessed can hit, with a reflex save for half, within 30ft. the invocation i took allows me to touch attack within 250ft no save. I will be ending up with very good AC as next level I get wis to ac, at level 6 I get an invocation that will give me Armor of darkness at will. So I will be able to mostly tank. However, using a sword shape of the moon beam...
    only1doug! what type of action is it to cast moon blade? depending on that, I could use that as one of my two weapons at level 7, and avoid the money sink of enchanting both.
    Last edited by alanek2002; 2013-09-19 at 02:30 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Dude, the level 6 and level 7 stuff is gravy and all, but seriously, consider what to do NOW. Level 6 and 7 - even LEVEL 3 - are far, far away right now. First step: immediate survival. Long term builds are great, but rarely get realized. I HOPE this game lasts that long, but in my experience few do. What can you do to make yourself a little more relevant immediately? Example: child of shadow is awesome, too true, but you might actually get a melee hit in if you flank with Island of Blades once in a while. Granted, you might just want to stay the hell away from melee, but then why TWF and Shadow Blade? Indeed, why Swordsage?

Also, checking your class, I'm a bit curious - if your reading is that the class requires no attack roll, does that mean you get "iterative attacks" with something that ISN'T an attack? That seems against the basic structure of the rules - nothing like that exists elsewhere in d20. I think the ability may be intended as a touch attack, which would make it a more appropriate Warlock parallel (especially since it out-does Warlock by dealing more damage to shifted critters).

Shadow Radiance at will, by the way, is totally worth it. Blinding + dazzling every round? Are you KIDDING? You could be a BEAST of a support caster with that tasty little nugget. Blinding every round would effectively destroy any opposition - if entangled, they're at 1/2 speed, and blinding would 1/2 that again, remove dex bonuses (on top of entangling for -4 Dex, -2 to hit), give them a 50% miss chance ... ouch. It's actually a pretty broken at-will ability. Makes me wonder why the class builder bothered with a 5 ft. Glitterdust at 6th level (really, who the hell would bother when you get a 20 ft. blind + dazzle within 110 ft. + 10 ft./level at FIRST?!).

For that matter, SCREW Armor of Darkness at 6th - PRISMATIC MIST AT WILL?! That's just ... broke-tarded. Seriously - consider: you can get any TWO of those effects ANY round they're in the mist ... and those effects include SLOW, DAZE, and CONFUSION. Sure, 1d6 acid, 1d4 fire, and 1d8 electricity are lame, but 4-8 are made of WIN and AWESOME. Check it: if I entangle 'em, they move 1/2 speed and CAN'T RUN OR CHARGE.

Entangle + mist = fight over. At 6th level. Daaaaaang.

Of course, if you are determined to do the whole "shadow warrior" thing on the front-lines, go nuts (Armor of Darkness is nothing to laugh at for a melee monster!). I'm just pointing out that your build isn't strategic - you've got options you aren't taking advantage of. Armor of Darkness makes you stay limited to single targets - you're defended, but in terms of offense, you're sticking one thing with your sword per round as opposed to blanket bombing everybody in a 30 ft. burst, potentially making them lose their actions completely (a la Daze and Confusion, not to mention the ouch of Slow or 1d4 Str damage).

The 250 ft. blast shape just lets you hit at range - which Shadow Radiance can do, too, and better yet, Shadow Radiance hits a 20 ft. burst with an effect that makes enemies USELESS. Just drop one of those baddies behind us front-liners and it's a quick business mopping up the entangled, blinded, pathetic messes left over.

On other invocations, holy crap Moonwalk is ridiculous. Place on a Battle Jumper and WIN. Jesus, the Solid Fog variant is so broken it warrants a re-write - DFAs already DESTROY with chilling fog, and these guys have a version they can shape however they like AND all their friends can waltz through it, no problem?

Sheesh.

I'd argue for a touch-attack blade - Moonblade - as a Shape invocation. It's by no means broken, and attribute boosts wouldn't work for it (a la Eldritch Glaive), so no Shadow Blade damage ups. On the other hand, it might let you deliver martial maneuvers with TOUCH attacks as opposed to regular rolls, which would make you a level-appropriate, gestalt-level-powered melee combatant (if that's what you're going for!).

With that said, I will say again: SHADOW RADIANCE for the WIN! BLIND and DESTROY!

Granted, there's nothing a Swordsage can do to even come CLOSE to such an effective move at this level - or even at higher levels without a specific build strategy. Multiple-target de-buffs are always more effective and useful than single target, roll to hit, damage-based abilities. Damage is just not that useful unless it's KILLING damage (a la our Kreen friend), since it does nothing to diminish the enemy's capacity to hurt and kill the party. De-buffs, on the other hand, can cripple the enemy, making them easy-peasy to destroy. And again, rolling to hit is not your thing - even come 3rd level, auto-hits with de-buffs will still WAY out-class your Swordsage abilities.

It's worth noting, though, that if you do go Shadow Radiance and decide NOT to just spam it every round, it will have a good long-term effect on melee combat. Round 1 = blind'em and move in. Round 2 = start slicing while they blink (effectively adding 1 to your AC). Also, you could throw in some Swordsage boosts so you could blind and slice in the same round.

Sorry if I'm rambling, y'all! I love building and refining characters, and it gets my creative juices flowing to think through mechanics.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Why swordsage? Because the last time I let myself multiclass I ended up with a twisted amalgam of 6 classes by level 11. I under optimize on purpose. Though you are right, the swordsage build was for starting at 6ish in a non gestalt... I'll look at his manuvers, and see what I can swap around to make him more effective right now.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

clearly i need to give closer examination to those invocations.

lets start by saying don't break the game by spamming shadow radiance.
    Doug

Currently GMing :
    Map of Area

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

I feel you, man - I always have to dip 15,000 times just to realize my concepts - so annoying! But the thing is, with gestalt if you choose well, you don't need to do anything - just play your two classes! I'm thinking you chose the classes based on theme - moon and shadow, yes? But mechanically, they're not working - the Moonblessed is a ranged support/battlefield control caster, and the Swordsage is a sneak/melee striker. They only work if Moonblessed can back up or otherwise improve the Swordsage's tactics (as opposed to making them obsolete).

I'm doing something similar with DFA/Crusader, honestly. The thing is, the DFA is working to support Crusader - my breath has a 3 round recharge when I use it to blanket the battlefield, so I breathe, then run in and smash/heal until I can breathe again. Later on, I'll pick up Humanoid Shape and use it to boost AC, get some nice in-combat moves (nothin' says lovin' like Tren shape for AC and -2 to saves!), and have movement forms to suit the occasion (yay for burrow/fly/etc.!).

You just need a better combo. I think Swordsage is badassed with Shapeshift Druid, personally - shift into some nasty, nat AC monster with high physical stats and use maneuvers! Woo! Cast spells to pre-buff, or save a few for when **** goes south.

Cleric works, too - use Divine Metamagic, Extend and Persist to buff fun spells and jump in swinging.

Barbarian, Warblade, etc. all work. Heck, Warlock with Darkness and the feat Blend Into Darkness means you can Hide In Plain Sight - WIN if you're into ducking in and out of combat, sticking and moving.

For you though, you've got some attribute issues as far as melee goes at 1st. You can always just lean on Moonblessed and wait for third level, but GO WITH SHADOW RADIANCE. It's win no matter WHAT you do.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Melee issues aren't as big as they seem right now, as I still get dex to damage, and most enemies at this level have low ac. And I don't plan to get shadow radiance. Too much is good at this level, and With the MAD of my Character, I don't have much chance of making it stick.
    However, I forgot something. Its true that swordsage doesn't get much love at low levels, And I'll likely just be using the iterative attacks with the moonblessed at higher levels, I don't have a problem with switching Swordsage out then.
    All I'd have to do at this point is change two words in the backstory, the weapon, and some skills. My character focuses on the moonblessed side anyways, swordsage was a bonus. Hrm.... ACK! You bit me with the optimization bug! darn youuuuu.

EDIT: Only1doug.... Should I?
    Last edited by alanek2002; 2013-09-19 at 05:39 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

less than ideally for one possible applicant (not that i hold out much hope of him getting his sheet right): spellthief would actually synergise quite well with moonblessed, provided you use ranged touch attacks to spellsteal and providing additional skillpoints and class features / skills to fill a need in your group.
    Doug

Currently GMing :
    Map of Area

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Re: You're doing it wrong.

I think you forget the fact that I can use weapons in my second set of arms. So that'd be 4 Chatchas or two Gythkas (or the two ends of both of them, making for four attacks). Having the TWF featline is a big deal for me (it autoconverts to MWF for Kreen and other arm-blessed creatures), as it will let me make better use of the pile of attacks I have on hand AND allow me to add iteratives later on. Power Attack and Leap Attack are still subject to my choice of optimization, so no need to make a big fuss about it. The squishiness may be an issue, but if I use all for arms on one Gythka for a Battle Jump then I end up doing 2d20+20 damage before critical hits, so everything else will squish harder.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

While it does maintain the MAD, and spell thief does warrant mention, I'll switch to a warblade, Or something else with full BAB, as the full BAB really helps moonblessed due to iterative attacks.
    Thought about it for a few minutes, but I still think I can do more with Warblade. Even if it will be unoptimized, it will still be fun, and I can do fun stuff with it.

Would you let me change my race to the La 0 racial progression of feytouched? (note that I don't have to take the level in it.) Being small will not help me right now.

Edit: Sword and Board! Upoptimized! MWAAHAHAHA!
    Edit2: The moon blade spell has the following text.
    However, if you are proficient with any type of sword, you can wield the beam as if it were any type of sword and thus gain the benefits of any special sword skill you might have, such as Weapon Focus.
    Attacks with the moon blade are melee touch attacks.
    Does that mean it works for maneuvers or not?
    Last edited by alanek2002; 2013-09-19 at 07:40 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Re: You're doing it wrong.

I think you forget the fact that I can use weapons in my second set of arms. So that'd be 4 Chatchas or two Gythkas (or the two ends of both of them, making for four attacks). Having the TWF featline is a big deal for me (it autoconverts to MWF for Kreen and other arm-blessed creatures), as it will let me make better use of the pile of attacks I have on hand AND allow me to add iteratives later on. Power Attack and Leap Attack are still subject to my choice of optimization, so no need to make a big fuss about it. The squishiness may be an issue, but if I use all for arms on one Gythka for a Battle Jump then I end up doing 2d20+20 damage before critical hits, so everything else will squish harder.
    It auto-converts to MWF? Did NOT know that! Also, I'm still missing why you're doing both MWF and Multi-attack - just as backup for weaponless times? And how do more than two arms add more Strength bonus?

And seriously, man - your build is already a one-hit killer. Anything with multiple arms at FIRST LEVEL with BATTLE JUMP is crazy already.

No offense intended, and I hope none taken. I like thinking about builds, and just was checking out our arsenal, so to speak.

I wanted your guys thoughts on my dude, for that matter - reach vs. sword and board, for starters, but also whether to go Draconic Aura - Vigor at 3rd or extend the length of my entangle effect by grabbing Clinging Breath. That would let me add as many rounds to my breath as I'd like, allowing for full-combat entangles, but would mean no re-applications during combat.

@Alanek: The Spellthief idea is solid, but requires attack rolls (SA specifies attacks, which nothing that doesn't have an attack roll - like my breath weapon - qualifies for). Agreed that Warblade would offer iteratives, plus you could take WP Finesse from first - always a win for a Dex-heavy character! I guess one other cool possibility that hasn't been mentioned would be Scout, which rocks for letting you move + shoot each round (but bones you on the iteratives). It would also add bonus dice to your shooting, and would work well with battlefield support casting later: drop a mist, then run and gun while the baddies blunder about. You could even, if you don't mind, do the Scout + Ranger thing and grab Swift Hunter at 6th so that you could have all the BaB you need AND stacking skirmish dice. I'd do a Glimmerskin Halfling (they're dragon-blooded), then throw on Dragonfire Strike. On a Scout/Moonblessed, you'd be shooting a 3d6 touch attack every round with a move - not shabby.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

RE: Lots and lots of text.
    Sticking to a Warblade//Moonblessed. Going a Diamond mind/iron heart/white raven for maneuvers, and using moonblade to have a decent damage while doing so. Come on, you know you want more white raven tactics... and Iron heart surge.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Everyone wants more Iron Heart Surge.

Sooooo ... seeeexy ....

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Having the TWF featline is a big deal for me (it autoconverts to MWF for Kreen and other arm-blessed creatures).
    Do you have a source for that? I haven't seen anything.

Not that I'm adverse to the idea, just hadn't seen it anywhere.
    Doug

Currently GMing :
    Map of Area

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

And again - how are you getting +1/2 Str bonus per arm you use on a 2-hander? I've never seen the rule, and if it's the case it's WIN!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by only1doug View Post
    Do you have a source for that? I haven't seen anything.

Not that I'm adverse to the idea, just hadn't seen it anywhere.
    From the SRD entry for MWF:

This feat replaces the Two-Weapon Fighting feat for creatures with more than two arms.
    The line exists for every counterpart feat of that line except for Two Weapon Defense, which doesn't have a multi-weapon equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    And again - how are you getting +1/2 Str bonus per arm you use on a 2-hander? I've never seen the rule, and if it's the case it's WIN!
    Savage species page 42, though looking more closely at the paragraph you actually have to make the weapon in question masterwork to allow it to support multiple arms (to adjust the length and all that), so I guess I'll settle with slightly less overkill until I can afford that.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

WOW. I totally missed that clause in SS. HOLY CRAP! That's ... crazy-sauce!

Dang-a-lang a ding dong. Yeah, do THAT. Get a 4-handed sword. That's made of win. Also means pounce isn't necessary. Like, at all.

Granted, pounce would get your 2d4+8 four times - and four rolls to-hit > one, plus 4-32 + 32 = 36-68. Still, DAMN on that 4-handed sword! Pump your Strength and the returns are NUTS. Every 2 points means a +2.5 damage, or +5 on a battle jump - SOLID. I'm imagining a sword with a grip so long it looks like a polearm ... or with lots of wiggly curves to allow hands the easiest and best grip ... hell, now I'm wondering how you'd make a weapon's grip for a Kreen's claws ...

I still say the Chatkas only make sense with MWF, and Multiattack doesn't seem necessary if you're going the weapon route. Got no suggestions for a replacement feat, though! EDIT: Maybe Expeditious Dodge, from Races of the Wild? +2 Dodge AC when moving, so your massive charges wouldn't leave you at a tender 12 AC?

Oh! On the subject of AC, if you're cool with it, Doug, we could suit up with some Dastana from Oriental Adventures. Well, I can't, cause it won't stack with my Husk, but my friends here could! +1 AC for some funky bracers - they do cost 25 gold, so you'd have to figure out beginning equipment costs.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I don't mind the dastana's but it may end up being your downfall....

Obviously I'll be amping up any creatures in the adventure from baseline (as baseline monsters wouldn't even be a speedbump to you) so the more amped up you are, the more amped up the monsters will end up.

That's part of the reason for +10 Hps at L1, to reduce the rocket tag aspect at low levels and still let me amp up the enemies.

The other group are currently finding out, as I have replaced the 8 Cr1/8th creatures they should be facing now with 6 CR 1/2 ones.

I'm planning on giving you each separate adventures and you may come across tales of each others derring-do upon occasion.
    Doug

Currently GMing :
    Map of Area

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Ack. You missed my question...
    May I change my race to feytouched, to accompany the switching of swordsage to warblade?

Note:Mwahahaha! I have already spreadsheeted maneuvers for the warblade! I shall have everything!

Edit.... I just realized.... I built a Jedi.
    Last edited by alanek2002; 2013-09-20 at 11:15 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Ack. You missed my question...
    May I change my race to feytouched, to accompany the switching of swordsage to warblade?

Note:Mwahahaha! I have already spreadsheeted maneuvers for the warblade! I shall have everything!

Edit.... I just realized.... I built a Jedi.
    Ah, I saw that question and was reading the text, then got distracted and forgot.
    I don't like the fey touched because it gives too much for LA0, if you had to take the level it would be ok.

How about the half fey (next entry) I actually prefer that (and you don't have to take it at L1)
    Last edited by only1doug; 2013-09-20 at 01:37 PM.
    Doug

Currently GMing :
    Map of Area

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

While it does maintain the MAD, and spell thief does warrant mention, I'll switch to a warblade, Or something else with full BAB, as the full BAB really helps moonblessed due to iterative attacks.
    Thought about it for a few minutes, but I still think I can do more with Warblade. Even if it will be unoptimized, it will still be fun, and I can do fun stuff with it.

Would you let me change my race to the La 0 racial progression of feytouched? (note that I don't have to take the level in it.) Being small will not help me right now.

Edit: Sword and Board! Upoptimized! MWAAHAHAHA!
    Edit2: The moon blade spell has the following text.
    Does that mean it works for maneuvers or not?
    I'll need to read up on moon blade. Your group is much more optimised than the other one btw.
    Doug

Currently GMing :
    Map of Area

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Erm... I blame pun pun for the optimization! In all honesty though, my character won't match the damage(or optimization) of the other two, most likely. But he will be versatile, and have many options besides charging. He'll also be the party face... :D Speaking of which, consider This diplomacy fix (by Rich Burlew himself)? It'll help if I get too many ranks in it.

About the Moon Blade: As I read it, it functions much like eldritch Glaive, swapping any damage mentioned in the spell for the moonblessed blast damage. The concentration check for casters after being hit is a plus, but if they're in melee with us trying to cast, they have bigger problems. Only major difference is that it seems to stay for more than one round, so after the first round I can start using maneuvers with it. (I hope!)

And about race: can I use the racial base for the Aasimar? Same link as before. on a side note: It does not require you to take the racial class levels, later, though you can if you want. So it is a La 0 race with a +2 Charisma, a few minor benefits that I don't care if you take away, if I can just have a race with a Charisma bonus!

And sorry for discussing all this/Remaking my character after original recruitment ended...
    Last edited by alanek2002; 2013-09-20 at 05:37 PM.