New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 264142434445464748495051
Results 1,501 to 1,505 of 1505
  1. - Top - End - #1501
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Dysfunctional Rules IV- It's like a sandwich made of RAW failure!

Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    Thicket of Blades says 'If you move, provoke AoO'. Movement has its own tag of 'If you move in these fashions, provoke AoO'. All Thicket does is broaden the conditions for how things provoke.

Consider thus: if I am in your threatened area, you have Thicket of Blades and Combat Reflexes, and I take a double move to get away from you, do you get two AoOs? I don't think anyone here except maybe you will say "yes".
    You're saying it is a completely different condition -- that's not my argument at all. I'm just saying the logical consequence of that is two provokes for movement. Now, Thicket certainly doesn't say it is broadening the traditional conditions, which is kind of necessary if you are broadening something. You are saying it is something NEW. That means there's a Thicket provoke and a regular movement provoke.

Now you are trying to backpedal and say "oh, but it's not REALLY a different condition, except that it is, but it doesn't provoke on its own, unlike all other conditions, except that it does, but it doesn't provoke with the traditional movement provoke -- FOR SOME INEXPLICABLE REASON"

Anyhow, now you are just making up rules here. Thicket either is repeated traditional provoke conditions or it is a new condition. It doesn't say it is broadening the conditions, so it isn't. You can't just make up this "broadening" clause when it doesn't exist.

In either case, no one has yet explained how either interpretation means stuff with "this movement does not provoke an AoO" is somehow invalidated -- because none of that stuff talks about leaving a square or the begining of leaving a square, all the protections just say "this movement doesn't provoke" and that's that. So I don't see how Tumble, Bull Rush, etc provoke under Thicket when they explicitly say their movement doesn't provoke.

Again, I don't think the "thicket has its provoke condition" makes any sense. Because the Provoke it describes works EXACTLY like traditional movement provokes in all ways. What triggers it and when it happens is EXACTLY the same. The only difference is that it doesn't allow 5-foot steps and Withdrawals to avoid the provoke. If you removed those clauses, then all you would have is a rewording of traditional movement provoke mechanics and nothing more.
    Last edited by Drachasor; 2014-02-26 at 01:11 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1502
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drachasor View Post
    You're saying it is a completely different condition -- that's not my argument at all.
    Actually... I think you two might be agreeing with each other.

Anyways, take a whiff of that new thread smell.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

3. - Top - End - #1503
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Post Re: Dysfunctional Rules IV- It's like a sandwich made of RAW failure!

Quote Originally Posted by The Viscount;16512143The favored soul dead level ability faith healing (found [url=http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cwc/20070227x
    here[/url]) allows you to heal 1 point (scaling to more) of damage when making a first aid check. There doesn't seem to be anything preventing you from making first aid checks until your target is topped off.
    From archive of article
    Quote Originally Posted by Favoured Soul
    Faith Healing (Su): Starting at 1st level, a favored soul can selectively channel a small amount of divine energy when handling the wounds of a dying creature.
    From that first sentence, this ability ONLY applies to a creature that is dying.

Quote Originally Posted by SRD Injury and Death
    At from -1 to -9 hit points, you’re dying
    The ability does not trigger on creatures at 0 or more hit points, a very hard limit preventing top-off abuse, right in the RAW. The maximum this ability to bring HP up to is, at level 16, -1+3=2.
    However, on the same RAW reading, it can be repeated as many times as necessary to bring a creature out of negative HP.

Dysfunctionality: BUSTED

4. - Top - End - #1504
    Titan in the Playground

Erm, this is quite an old thread. We are on Thread VII already, which can be found here.

Also, thread necromancy — well obviously.
    π = 4
    Consider a 5' radius blast: this affects 4 squares which have a circumference of 40' — Actually it's worse than that.

Completely Dysfunctional Handbook
    Warped Druid Handbook

5. - Top - End - #1505
    Titan in the Playground

*sniff*

Anyone else smell rotting thread or is it just me?

EDIT: It's not just me.
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2015-05-22 at 04:41 AM.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.