New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Random Banter #Rawhide knows it's 199

So apparently, the rules being changed on you without you being informed of it in a LoC game is enough to get you kicked from said game these days...

2. - Top - End - #302
    Colossus in the Playground

What's LoC?

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Lords of Creation. A silly thing that I shall not be participating in, in the future. Despite it being entertaining when people actually just want to have fun with it...

4. - Top - End - #304

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomes2169 View Post
    Lords of Creation. A silly thing that I shall not be participating in, in the future. Despite it being entertaining when people actually just want to have fun with it...
    Awe, that's a shame *sends hugs*

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Awe, that's a shame *sends hugs*
    *Returns hugs* So anyway, my insomnia prevented me from getting any sleep last night, so how is everyone else's day? :D *Is at that point in the sleep madness where he's going crazy*

6. - Top - End - #306

NecromancerGuy

So apparently, the rules being changed on you without you being informed of it in a LoC game is enough to get you kicked from said game these days...
    The gods are supposed to be pretty spiteful and petty, after all. Sounds like they got too into character to distinguish between the game and the players.

*Returns hugs* So anyway, my insomnia prevented me from getting any sleep last night, so how is everyone else's day? :D *Is at that point in the sleep madness where he's going crazy*
    *condolences in the form of a pile of sheep plushies* That sucks.

I'm nervous about going to my first metal concert thing. I never really meshed well with the serious metalheads back when I was most like them and now I've become even squarer due to my as yet unnamed terminal condition wherein I'm becoming steadily squarer with every passing day. No idea what this woman sees in me, aside from being some kind of pervirtuoso or something, though that'd be more of a retcon since that was after she had already decided she was into me that she found out about that...

I also helped a person completely new to D&D come up with a melee TWF Rogue 1 for his upcoming 3.5 game. The rest of the players like their skillpoints too, so he didn't have to really stretch himself except where he wanted to do so.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2013-09-27 at 11:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    *accepts hugs*
    No one believes me. They all think I'm crazy.
    Well, I'll show them.
    I'LL SHOW THEM ALL!
    Hey I just said I believe you. Then again, that doesn't ignore the possibility of you being crazy anyway...but all the best people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Awe is bashful Teddy. And it seems you did very much posting. This is grand thing, though I wish I was awake when you were doing your writings.

That's what I used Zevran for.
    I was using that style so often that Zevran was almost useless to me. But when we worked together to stabby stab things...

Well, that's good at least! :3
    Yes it very much is, though I am still just trying to get used to it. My poor chilly fingers!

Well, good luck with it! :3
    Thank you! I shall be letting everyone know how it goes.

Woo! :3

These are both good. I think perspective seems to be your weakest suit right now, but keep drawing and I'm sure you'll get a good hang of it too. I look forward to seeing more of your pieces. :3
    Thank you! I do like some fair and honest criticism, and yes you are right. That's where I got hit on turning in one of those. But I still feel they are my best work.

Down with a cold, which means I snivel, cough, have trouble swallowing due to a sore throat and have more trouble than usual with staying warm. I'm still capable of functioning at reduced capacity, though...
    Oh no an ill Teddy! *tucks in and also brings homemade soup* You can't have too much soup.

I keep misreading this as "flamingo"...
    Oh my gosh Teddy, this is hilarious. Good work though! Really!

ION: Heading out today after more schoolwork and D&D preparation. Should be a fun weekend, tonight they fight the leader of an Erythnul cult, though I still expect him to be stomped even with his magic and undead guardians. Then tomorrow they finish their prison break out and fight the warden, who I gave numerous levels in fighter and also used these feats to make him a real threat, though still I worry. Might throw a couple spell turrets in there with him. So it should be an eventful weekend! Also have the possibility of playing a Dark Heresy game too if we can fit it in on Saturday.

I wish everyone a merry weekend! *throws variety of cookies (and some spicy chicken wings for those spicy food lovers )*
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

8. - Top - End - #308

NecromancerGuy

Obviously we now need to have Flamingo Zodi Flamenco dancing with The Flufflenlaird. Good job, there, Emprah.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2013-09-27 at 11:58 AM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #309
    Bugbear in the Playground

I dreamed of bugs and screamed a lot in my dreams. But one of the cats crawled under the covers and so I woke up with warm cat fur next to my tummy. That was very good and calming.

Today I need to fix the flat front tire of my bike. I walked it home a mile or two and that is why I made a warm foot bath for Kymme and his broken bike. Biking a lot makes your feet forget what it's like to walk.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

10. - Top - End - #310
    Troll in the Playground

By the way, does anyone want to join a PBP privateer D&D 3.5 game I'm DMing on giantitp? A player has not shown up, and the campaign barely started.
    Last edited by Cuthalion; 2013-09-27 at 01:11 PM.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

11. - Top - End - #311
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    TOO. MANY. FEELS?
    FAR. TOO. MANY.
    All-caps, one-word sentences are fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    I assure you, the squirrel mafia does not exist. Furthermore, I am either a large barbarian or a small greenish dragon. I could not be a member of the squirrel mafia if I wanted to. Also, they do not exist.
    Well I know for a fact that the squirrel mafia hires badgers. So why not dragons? Besides, no one but a member of the squirrel mafia would be so insistent on their nonexistence!

Like you weren't already crazy.
    But seriously, man, that's rough. *brohugs*
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I read all the comics in the last week while at work, just finishing now. I guess now I'll have to be productive

13. - Top - End - #313

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    By the way, does anyone want to join a privateer D&D 3.5 game I'm DMing? A player has not shown up, and the campaign barely started.
    PbP, Skype, what?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDirt View Post
    I read all the comics in the last week while at work, just finishing now. I guess now I'll have to be productive
    Welcome to the fold.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2013-09-27 at 01:10 PM.
    Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #314
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    PbP, Skype, what?

Welcome to the fold.
    Eh, sorry. It's Pbp on the forum.

Baaa.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

Eh, sorry. It's Pbp on the forum.

Baaa.
    Maybe, given time to work out a character sheet.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

SO!

I learned last night that my grandmother is in the early stages of dementia.

(Dad's jokes that she forgets the rules to card games each hand suddenly became a lot crueller. Just glad I haven't heard them in like a year...)

And I'm not really sure how to react.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2013-09-27 at 01:45 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

17. - Top - End - #317
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Maybe, given time to work out a character sheet.
    Just so you and anyone else knows, a divine caster would be best. Melee's covered.

ION: JUST FOUND CHICKEN EGGS!! Three of them, hidden one just laid, so the other two might be bad.
    Last edited by Cuthalion; 2013-09-27 at 02:05 PM.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    SO!

I am sorry to hear this! I am kind of in the same boat as you are. My grandmothers health is really, really, getting bad. She raised me since age three so she is basically my mother! She smoked cigarettes from age 12 all the way to age 70 so her lungs are shot. It has been rough watching the slow and painful decline in her health. She now has to be connected to an oxygen tank 24/7.

All I can tell you is, just keep loving her. I tell my grandmother everyday how much I love her and that I enjoy her being around.

ef

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ettin in the Playground

Well to clarify, I do a lot of planning as well, but since Feng Shui (the system we're playing in) is a lot about spontaneity and the players deciding their own path, I'm not as structured as I normally would be.
    *nod nod* Well, that's good, I suppose. One probably ought to be a little better-organized than I am, anyway.

EDIT2:
    Thank you forum for taking away all multi-quotes I made since starting this post. I really appreciate it.
    That annoys me so much. I hate the limit on them too. Sometimes I'd like to respond to more than 10 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Also Also, Amidus (I thinkith) looks all reserved and becloaked. It looks silly.
    Wait, I'm in that picture?

*looks again* Nah, has to be someone else. I've got long hair, and I always wear jeans and a t-shirt. Coidz, perhaps?

I keep misreading this as "flamingo"...
    -snip-

*tries to respond with a poem, gets stuck on a few rhymes, realises that his cold-addled brain could get stuck on this forever, gives up*
    Heheheh, brilliant!

Well, whenever I get stuck with a rhyme, I change the entire line. Some things just aren't worth spending the time coming up with a meaningful rhyme to.

96%? I doubt those values include dropouts anyone who gave up (or otherwise realised they wanted to do something else) and dropped out...

Are you kidding me, endings are the worst!
    No wait, trying to make the middle move over into the ending is the worst. When you're actually there, you should be fine... [/rambles]
    As I thought, I misremembered the statistic. (I'm pretty sure there's a 96% for something here, though). The six-year graduation rate for the university is 82%. (which fails to take into account the people that take longer than six years to graduate, but it's accurate enough).

Endings to songs are easy. Worst comes to worst and you don't know what to do - fade out.

Well, step one for me is to imagine it as poorly drawn to start with. It lowers my expectations and gives it an extra layer of humour on top.

Heh, that's great! Given, they may've brought it up just because they know it's a hard step for the students, but still... :3
    I have negative expectations. I'm just happy when I'm motivated enough to draw something at all.

It was a moment of "today's going to be one of those days, isn't it?" for me, but yeah.

Actually, that would be !!Zodi!!
    Actually actually, that would be...
    ‼Zodi‼
    ‼Zodi‼
    ... animated to flash in rapid succession...
    I will defer to your superior knowledge of DF.

I am alternating between procrastinating and doing my work.

I'm nervous about going to my first metal concert thing. I never really meshed well with the serious metalheads back when I was most like them and now I've become even squarer due to my as yet unnamed terminal condition wherein I'm becoming steadily squarer with every passing day.
    Did someone say Metal?!?!?

What sort of metal show is it? I mean, there's a big difference in going to say, a hardcore show than there is in going to a power metal show or a doom show, for example.

I will say that unless you're really afraid of any sort of injury, mosh. Moshing is fun, so long as there aren't too many drunken *******s in the pit. Unless you're horribly brittle, there's no big chance of you getting seriously hurt, either. Some stiff joints and maybe a bruise or two.

By the way, does anyone want to join a PBP privateer D&D 3.5 game I'm DMing on giantitp? A player has not shown up, and the campaign barely started.
    I'd love to, but I haven't the time. Sounds like fun!
    A few odds and ends.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

Just so you and anyone else knows, a divine caster would be best. Melee's covered.

ION: JUST FOUND CHICKEN EGGS!! Three of them, hidden one just laid, so the other two might be bad.
    Would an arcane caster work, or is that covered too? A concept's been bouncing for a while involving Geometer and possibly Runesmith. No, not trying to pass off the runes as also being spellglyphs, though that would be pretty cool.
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Would an arcane caster work, or is that covered too? A concept's been bouncing for a while involving Geometer and possibly Runesmith. No, not trying to pass off the runes as also being spellglyphs, though that would be pretty cool.
    The closest to a caster we have is a beguiler. A glass cannon or healer are probably your best bets.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Probably. Didn't pay much attention to it. Browsing on my Kindle Fire isn't the most rewarding experience.
    Given, if you were flying over land, it may have been a ground antenna connection instead, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    Zodi McGitPer cancels some task: On fire.
    I took a vow when I was only 6 years old to never pass up a DF reference.
    Dwarf Fortress references are the best (together with some other works, but shush ). Whenever I need to adress someone by a trait because I don't know the name, I will call that person Urist Mc[Trait]. Also, whenever a lot of things are squezed into the same space, they're planepacked. There couldn't be a more appropriate word.

Sore throats are the worst. Hope you feel better soon!
    Well, my throat has gotten a little better in the evening, but my cough has gone, if not more frequent, at least more violent. I hope I won't cough my lungs out, because that would be a terrible shame...

Could you make the flamingo a Flamenco flamingo?
    No, but I suppose I could make it flaming...

Flamingo Zodi may be the best interpretation of me I have ever seen.
    Hehe, thanks! :3

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    Awe is bashful Teddy. And it seems you did very much posting. This is grand thing, though I wish I was awake when you were doing your writings.
    Honestly, I kinda like it when the responses to what i write take a while. Not to say that I want people to hold off responding to me, but it gives me a bit of breathing space when people are asleep.

Plus, when everyone's asleep, they won't notice the fact that it can take several hours for me to write down a response... *whistles*

I was using that style so often that Zevran was almost useless to me. But when we worked together to stabby stab things...
    Hehehe, I imagine...

Yes it very much is, though I am still just trying to get used to it. My poor chilly fingers!
    Put on your gloves, kid! ;3

Thank you! I shall be letting everyone know how it goes.
    Woo! :3

Thank you! I do like some fair and honest criticism, and yes you are right. That's where I got hit on turning in one of those. But I still feel they are my best work.
    Yeah, the perspective and perhaps a little on getting the perfect hue out of the lead, but otherwise it's good! :3

Oh no an ill Teddy! *tucks in and also brings homemade soup* You can't have too much soup.
    *is full*

But yeah, my cough is getting more frequent, so I think I'll head to bed early tonight. Need to help my body recover...

Oh my gosh Teddy, this is hilarious. Good work though! Really!
    Thanks!

ION: Heading out today after more schoolwork and D&D preparation. Should be a fun weekend, tonight they fight the leader of an Erythnul cult, though I still expect him to be stomped even with his magic and undead guardians. Then tomorrow they finish their prison break out and fight the warden, who I gave numerous levels in fighter and also used these feats to make him a real threat, though still I worry. Might throw a couple spell turrets in there with him. So it should be an eventful weekend! Also have the possibility of playing a Dark Heresy game too if we can fit it in on Saturday.
    Tehee, sounds fun! Tell us how it goes! :3

Obviously we now need to have Flamingo Zodi Flamenco dancing with The Flufflenlaird. Good job, there, Emprah.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    I dreamed of bugs and screamed a lot in my dreams. But one of the cats crawled under the covers and so I woke up with warm cat fur next to my tummy. That was very good and calming.
    Naww, how cute! :3

Quote Originally Posted by MrDirt View Post
    Or you can stay here and talk to us lot. It's a great way to kill any productivity whatsoever...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

The closest to a caster we have is a beguiler. A glass cannon or healer are probably your best bets.
    All right. Can't actually do anything til Sunday so... I'll probably have a sheet sometime next week, depending on how much unforeseen Real Life stuff happens.
    My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ettin in the Playground

Working on a project that goes along with the order of the stick, which points out references and things within the comic, or to real life things. Trying to think of a good name for it....

The companion guide to OotS?

The Reference Compendium?

The Things You Missed Guide?

I've been going through a lot of "I didn't realize this" threads to accomplish some of this....anyone have any suggestions?
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

25. - Top - End - #325

[QUOTE=Amidus Drexel;16110644*looks again* Nah, has to be someone else. I've got long hair, and I always wear jeans and a t-shirt. Coidz, perhaps?[/QUOTE]

It's HT.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Working on a project that goes along with the order of the stick, which points out references and things within the comic, or to real life things. Trying to think of a good name for it....

The companion guide to OotS?

The Reference Compendium?

The Things You Missed Guide?

I've been going through a lot of "I didn't realize this" threads to accomplish some of this....anyone have any suggestions?
    The Obscure Reference Guide For Those Under 18 (and for you older folk who may be losing a few screws )

Though "The Things You Missed" Guide works too, ESPECIALLY if you include foreshadowing in it. Please include foreshadowing in it.

26. - Top - End - #326

NecromancerGuy

Did someone say Metal?!?!?

What sort of metal show is it? I mean, there's a big difference in going to say, a hardcore show than there is in going to a power metal show or a doom show, for example.

I will say that unless you're really afraid of any sort of injury, mosh. Moshing is fun, so long as there aren't too many drunken *******s in the pit. Unless you're horribly brittle, there's no big chance of you getting seriously hurt, either. Some stiff joints and maybe a bruise or two.
    Kamelot. So I think Power? At least that's what I recall being told by the woman dragging me there. I was informed that I was unlikely to be shivved and more likely to be attacked by a teenaged girl if I let slip the wrong thing, much like a boyband/teen heartthrob deal.

I suspect that my glasses would get broken and I'd have to take it out of the hides of the people around me, since I'd be unlikely to identify who broke my glasses in the mosh pit while blinded. And if I went into a mosh pit while blind I'd probably end up in a fist-fight anyway.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2013-09-27 at 02:54 PM.
    Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    SO!

(Dad's jokes that she forgets the rules to card games each hand suddenly became a lot crueller. Just glad I haven't heard them in like a year...)

I'm very sorry HT. I don't really know what to say...I guess ef's is the best advice. Just love her all you can. And...well I guess all I can say otherwise is that we are all here for you, as many of us as I can speak for.

Honestly, I kinda like it when the responses to what i write take a while. Not to say that I want people to hold off responding to me, but it gives me a bit of breathing space when people are asleep.

Plus, when everyone's asleep, they won't notice the fact that it can take several hours for me to write down a response... *whistles*
    Ah I see then. I tried keeping up with some faster posting yesterday, and I can see where a breather would come in.

Put on your gloves, kid! ;3
    Where? All I have are the work gloves I sometimes borrow from my grandma when cleaning the yard or helping with other work.

Yeah, the perspective and perhaps a little on getting the perfect hue out of the lead, but otherwise it's good! :3
    Thank you! I shall certainly be trying to improve. Ah but for now essay focus, drawing is for a later time.

*is full*

But yeah, my cough is getting more frequent, so I think I'll head to bed early tonight. Need to help my body recover...
    Aww well okay then. Rest and heal Teddy, that would be good for you.

Tehee, sounds fun! Tell us how it goes! :3
    I certainly shall. Gotta see how they mess up my plans this time.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Guys. Look what I bought.

Spoiler: I'm such a dork.
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

29. - Top - End - #329

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Guys. Look what I bought.

Spoiler: I'm such a dork.
    Show
    Love it. *wood five*
    Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground

No new ladies showed up. Only new male members. =( *sheds a single tear*
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~