New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Random Banter #Rawhide knows it's 199

Quote Originally Posted by LooksAtYouFunny View Post
    So... mostly out of interest and because I cant find a more appropriate place for it..

Are there any graphical games on these forums? (in the Play-by-post style)
    I've looked through a lot already.. but it does seem that Text based games in established systems are the norm here, if not the only thing... am I wrong and blind or just missing them when I click through the things?

Best Regards -LAYF-
    Hm. What exactly do you mean by "graphic games?"
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    A person who is a friend of mine and someone Finn knows in real life apparently.
    Huh. Is Dvil from Finland or something?

2. - Top - End - #122
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post

I'm assuming he means visuals are involved.

I don't know! I know he's in...England or something, if I recall. It's been awhile since we've talked.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

I'm assuming he means visuals are involved.
    Ah. Still vague!
    I don't know! I know he's in...England or something, if I recall. It's been awhile since we've talked.
    Ah! FinnLassie is somewhere close to there, I think.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Pixie in the Playground

LaZodiac got it.. some kind of visuals that are actively updated in each game...
    a couple of samples from my own games on another forum:

Spoiler
    Show

And adventure game, 3 players.

An RTS'ish game, 5-20 players

An all can vote, horror game.

And off cause text to accompany it....
    Last edited by LooksAtYouFunny; 2013-09-24 at 09:06 PM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

LaZodiac got it.. some kind of visuals that are actively updated in each game...
    a couple of samples from my own games on another forum:

Spoiler
    Show

And off cause text to accompany it....
    Oh, neat. I don't think so, though; it's mostly text, with the occasional grid.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mynxae! We want news about the rental!

Make it look scary, and add some sort of device that'll make loud noises...

Indeed. It is very nice!
    Next door has a new baby and three other people on this street are working on their classic cars today. We have plenty of loud noises. Yellow car is louder than a train a mile away. This is the truth. I couldn't hear the train any more once the yellow car started running.

So... mostly out of interest and because I cant find a more appropriate place for it..

I've looked through a lot already.. but it does seem that Text based games in established systems are the norm here, if not the only thing... am I wrong and blind or just missing them when I click through the things?

Best Regards -LAYF-
    That is an interesting idea! But it makes the screen very wide.

I have seen people make pictures for a post but only one picture. Not something to draw every time. If things get silly enough here someone will draw a picture of the scene.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

7. - Top - End - #127
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh, neat. I don't think so, though; it's mostly text, with the occasional grid.
    Hmm.. that's what I suspected, sad.. Just thought I'd look into it... since you do seem to have many GM's and even more games around here...

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    That is an interesting idea! But it makes the screen very wide.

I have seen people make pictures for a post but only one picture. Not something to draw every time. If things get silly enough here someone will draw a picture of the scene.
    Og.. yea... I see that the forum does not have the "re size" function.. that was why I put it in a spoiler...
    but its only the big image that does that.. the small image did fine :)

Hmm.. yea.. not really what I meant... I was thinking games where every update has its own images... Its just favorites of mine
    (honest reason is that I have a disorder not unlike dyslexia, so.. text writing is just not my thing)

Hmm... maybe I should start a game here some time and see what people think of it...

Thanks for the quick replies....

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm... maybe I should start a game here some time and see what people think of it...
    You should! An image-based game would certainly be exotic, compared to the more text-based ones around here.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Mynxae! We want news about the rental!
    Sorry I got distracted by spending the afternoon with my sister and her boyfriend's Mum, who is extremely awesome and wants to help me find a boyfriend.

Inspection went great last night, place looks good, application has been sent in and they said they'll let us know if it's approved by tomorrow.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    Heh sure, I shall tell you of the fun.
    Yay! :3

Yay silly sweet Teddy. I am now much less of the sleepy but I do thank you for these snuggles.
    You're welcome! :3
    *snuggles more*

Yes indeed! Who knows, it could be the skill that saves lives.
    Well, if you have access to a tractor, that's not even a far fetch. I mean, you can use it to pull cars out of a ditch or fallen trees off the road, for example...

Well, this is okay. I still have other games on the brain to focus on. Fallout New Vegas, maybe another play of Dragon Age. Both are rather long.
    Yeah. I never managed to play all the way through Dragon Age, I got so fed up with meeting yet another darkspawn hoard that it kind of lost the charm...

I would imagine it would. Do you do much musical writing on the computer?
    No, but when I'm in a really good mood, I use to suffix my greetings with a '♫' to show that I'm more or less singing it... :3

Thanks, I tried very hard on that one. I enjoyed writing it, though I believe it may have used up the majority of energy I have reserved for witty banter. It may be a while before I am able to speak with such eloquence again. So for now, I am content enough to lounge.
    Well, you don't have to be eloquent all the time. Personally, I'm waiting for the great autumn firework to inspire me into writing up something beautiful... :3

Hmm.. yea.. not really what I meant... I was thinking games where every update has its own images... Its just favorites of mine
    (honest reason is that I have a disorder not unlike dyslexia, so.. text writing is just not my thing)

Sounds like a good idea! I'm sure there are more than just you around who'd be interested. :3
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Best Regards -LAYF-
    There've been things like you mention from time to time in the Arts and Crafts section. There's also the Battle Royale, which is more collaborative storytelling (not sure if it's still going?). Alternatively you could try starting something up in structured games.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Well, he seems to kill 2-3 chalks per lecture, so it's nothing extreme, but it's persistent, and he looks a bit silly when he stops to look down at the piece of the chalk which just snapped and fell to the floor, before he shrugs and goes on with his lecture...

Well, for as long as you make as you aren't disconent with the pace, that shouldn't be a problem...

I think it worked pretty well, at least as a standalone...
    Hrm... still, that seems a bit odd, given that mine doesn't go through nearly that many, and he strikes the blackboard quite hard with them. Hrm... How long are your lectures? Perhaps mine simply doesn't have the time in 50 minutes to go through a few pieces of chalk.

Not yet, although I suppose I'll see how it goes.

Well, I meant the awkward differences between the first/third lines and the second/fourth lines. 2/4 would flow more naturally with seven syllables, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    I'm exhausted. Dead. Tired. Extremely wound up.

*curls up in corner, steals any blankets that have been left there and disappears underneath them*
    *tosses you a blanket and a pillow*

Feel better, Finn...

Best Regards -LAYF-
    Hrm... there is that one thread... not a whole lot of people posted in it, and it was mostly freeform, but it's pretty similar to what you had in mind. I'll go find it.

Here you go.

I don't know! I know he's in... England or something, if I recall. It's been a while since we've talked.
    They both live in Scotland, or else Dvil has to travel quite a ways to meet Finn in real life. I believe Dvil is Scottish, although I could be wrong.

ION: So, last night I took a couple hours to go record an idea I've been knocking around for a while, and walked away unfinished with just over 18 minutes of music. I don't know how this happened. I suppose I'll try to finish that tonight or tomorrow.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2013-09-25 at 08:22 AM.
    A few odds and ends.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Pixie in the Playground

@Amidus Drexel
    Cool stuff.. thanks for the link... that actually makes me wonder why this have not been taken further...
    But in general, I don't see many forums out there with games like that...

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

Too much effort, I'd guess.

But then, I've always been a lazy bugger.

Speaking of which, damn I'm tired. Working and studying at the same time just kills.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Hrm... still, that seems a bit odd, given that mine doesn't go through nearly that many, and he strikes the blackboard quite hard with them. Hrm... How long are your lectures? Perhaps mine simply doesn't have the time in 50 minutes to go through a few pieces of chalk.
    2 * 45 minutes with a 15 minute break inbetween, so ours seem to be roughly on par...

Not yet, although I suppose I'll see how it goes.
    Well, at worst you'll end up feeling lonely, and in that unfortunate case you'll probably figure out a way to be more proactive about it...

ION: So, last night I took a couple hours to go record an idea I've been knocking around for a while, and walked away unfinished with just over 18 minutes of music. I don't know how this happened. I suppose I'll try to finish that tonight or tomorrow.
    Ohh, sounds interesting! Good luck! :3
    Last edited by Teddy; 2013-09-25 at 10:56 AM.

Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

You're welcome! :3
    *snuggles more*
    Awwwe...

Well, if you have access to a tractor, that's not even a far fetch. I mean, you can use it to pull cars out of a ditch or fallen trees off the road, for example...
    It's official, I need a tractor someday. I could be a hero!

Yeah. I never managed to play all the way through Dragon Age, I got so fed up with meeting yet another darkspawn hoard that it kind of lost the charm...
    You make a fair point. It's on of my favorite games ever but not at all for the combat. And the lag on computer gets horrible.

No, but when I'm in a really good mood, I use to suffix my greetings with a '♫' to show that I'm more or less singing it... :3
    Oh that's so cute! Such a happy little greeting.

Well, you don't have to be eloquent all the time. Personally, I'm waiting for the great autumn firework to inspire me into writing up something beautiful... :3
    Right, but sometimes it is quite fun to try to be. Hmm what exactly is this autumn firework of which you speak?
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Derp, derpderpderp, derp. That will be all.

So then, how are y'all doing?

18. - Top - End - #138

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomes2169 View Post

You seem less derpy than normal.

I'm fine. Not that you'd know, since you never come over and talk to me and I can't get into your anti-prison.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Barbarian in the Playground

I don't normally venture into this particular thread but today, without warning, my ears suddenly started burning
    Add me on Steam!

Amazing albatross avatar by the lovely and very talented Ceika

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dvil View Post
    I don't normally venture into this particular thread but today, without warning, my ears suddenly started burning
    HI DVIL.

Who are you?!?!?!?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

21. - Top - End - #141

I'm an international man of mystery is who I am
    Add me on Steam!

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

I'm an international man of mystery is who I am
    I guess that's completely true. How are you this fine evening?
    Last edited by FinnLassie; 2013-09-25 at 02:58 PM.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

23. - Top - End - #143

I guess that's completely true. How are you this fine evening?
    Tired and wanting my bed. Yourself?
    Add me on Steam!

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

Tired and wanting my bed. Yourself?
    Pretty much the same. Although I can't do what I desire, for I forgot that I'm back to uni so I actually have work to do for tomorrow... Crap.

ION: I suck at pool.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

25. - Top - End - #145

Haha! I have no work yet. But I'm entertaining guests and so I have to stay up
    Add me on Steam!

26. - Top - End - #146

I am waiting to hear if I need to do jury duty. It feels weird. I have not seen a court since I went there on a school trip and we could not take notes and so it was hard to follow.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    You seem less derpy than normal.

I'm fine. Not that you'd know, since you never come over and talk to me and I can't get into your anti-prison.
    I know, derp?

Hey, you have an anti-prison too. And besides, I might accidentally meet your room mate, and from what you tell me, that meeting would end up with one of us on the run for homicide via nitroglycerin. Hint, it would not be him.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Colossus in the Playground

Pretty much the same. Although I can't do what I desire, for I forgot that I'm back to uni so I actually have work to do for tomorrow... Crap.

ION: I suck at pool.
    Ouch, good luck Finn! And don't worry, it just takes practice.

Haha! I have no work yet. But I'm entertaining guests and so I have to stay up
    Ooof, good luck with that! Also hello it's been awhile.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Awwwe...
    :3

It's official, I need a tractor someday. I could be a hero!

You make a fair point. It's on of my favorite games ever but not at all for the combat. And the lag on computer gets horrible.
    Yeah, what really put a nail in my coffin was when all the darkspawn mages gained the ability to cast Crushing Prison (or whatever it was called), since it's a sure insta-kill against you unless you have a mage with the invulnerability sphere spell availible...

Oh that's so cute! Such a happy little greeting.
    Yep, and I can use it on other occations too! ♫

Right, but sometimes it is quite fun to try to be. Hmm what exactly is this autumn firework of which you speak?
    When all the trees switch hue and the forest across our local valley blooms out in a light show of marvelous colours! :3

*imagines a seagul with flames sprouting out of its head*

Show

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomes2169 View Post

Hello hello! I do well, leisurely I would suppose. Guess I should get to that schoolwork soon though.

Ah so you are the one who is spoken of! Greetings and salutations!

I am waiting to hear if I need to do jury duty. It feels weird. I have not seen a court since I went there on a school trip and we could not take notes and so it was hard to follow.
    Yikes that sounds rather unpleasant. I am sincerely hoping you are spared that, for now at least. And I'm the same actually. Took one trip back in middle school, have no remembrance of why, and it has since slipped to the back of my cranium, drawn out only by your reminder. I think I passed a different court a couple times, never really went in though.

I suggest, as with all problems, that you find the solution on the internet. Just look and see what typical court proceedings are like. Might help you know what to expect.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!