New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default The SUE Files III: Basically, Exercising Your Cheese-Forging Genes

Ok, since no one else seems to be doing this even though the last thread got to 50 pages, I decided to do it and to use this title. I think its the most fitting

Basically its about this guy Trekkin's unfortunate experience with one of the worst yet bizarre GM's in the world, or at least the worst and bizarre that I know of. I will not describe this experience myself, as it would be better for you to see for yourself what he is talking about.

I Rolled a Zero, The Blog Wherein The SUE Files is recorded

Spoiler: Past Threads
    Show

Also, keep in mind any Purple text within this thread is not serious at all and is basically us making fun of the GM in question.

Disclaimer: At the request of Trekkin, please do not ask of anything to identify anyone involved, as he wants to keep these stories anonymous for reasons of his own.

if there is anything I need to add to this, please let me know.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2013-09-27 at 11:18 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The SUE Files III: Basically, Exercising Your Cheese-Forging Genes

Well, you might want to point out that, traditionally, dark orchid and comic sans are basically superior alternatives to using pink and standard font.

Other than that, you may want to provide a link to that one campaign someone started because of the SUE Files, as well as, maybe... a glossary of terms? Like, a Best Of compilation of verbal comedy? Yunno, Henderson Blend Coffee, Working Out Your Genes, Cheese Forging, Counterfeit Gold, Nuclear Netting Machine, etc.

Other than that, I think you've got the basics. Maybe a beginner's guide too? Not sure what else we'd need as a generic sort of SUE Files template.
    Last edited by Deffers; 2013-09-27 at 08:55 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Woof.

I can't believe this beautiful train wreck is already onto it's fourth thread. I really have some catching up to do.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tanuki Tales View Post
    Woof.

I can't believe this beautiful train wreck is already onto it's fourth thread. I really have some catching up to do.
    Third thread, actually.

Don't worry, it's basically the same number, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TuggyNE View Post
    Third thread, actually.

Don't worry, it's basically the same number, right?
    I'm counting the original thread.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tanuki Tales View Post
    I'm counting the original thread.
    So was I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

7. - Top - End - #7
    Colossus in the Playground

Yeah...

I get the impression, Tanuki Tales, you're thinking there was a "The SUE Files I" as well as "What am I supposed to do?" But no; it went from "What am I supposed to do?" to "The SUE Files II."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

On the bright side about cheese forges, we know it may be possible to make butter ore and butter swords and butter armor and butter ingots...
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

That's it. I'm putting cheese forges (located in a forgotten dwarven stronghold) in my Pathfinder campaign. Because the dwarven method of making cheese has to include giant cauldrons of bubbling cheese heated by magma.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Colossus in the Playground

MMm, can you make fondue out of that? Or is fondue also banned?

11. - Top - End - #11

No one makes fondue any more, dude. Cheese is clearly the superior choice, otherwise why would they put all that effort into the cheese foundry? Besides, you'd need all kinds of special equipment and training, which I doubt you have.

That kind of thing doesn't grow on trees, you know.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm. Maybe it would be fair to say that Marty hasn't spent much time in the kitchen. He's sort of coming across as a guy that likes food but has no idea of how it's made.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

I'm not sure if I'm in the right place. This is the SUE files, right? because this cheese forging talk sounds like Kingdom of Loathing.

And Dwarves invented fondue. The Swiss acquired it indirectly through contact with the Gnomes of Zurich. (Dwarf-Gnome trade relations are a well established fact)
    This is not to be confused with fondant, which is a halfling invention. Fondant does not require forging.

ellindsey - oh yes... must have cheese forges.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    Hm. Maybe it would be fair to say that Marty hasn't spent much time in the kitchen. He's sort of coming across as a guy that likes food but has no idea of how it's made.
    In nanofabricators. Anything else wouldn't be as awesome.
    Last edited by Joe the Rat; 2013-09-27 at 10:19 PM.
    Why yes, Warlock is my solution for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by obryn View Post
    Active Abilities are great because you - the player - are demonstrating your Dwarvenness or Elfishness. You're not passively a dwarf, you're actively dwarfing your way through obstacles.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Rat View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm in the right place. This is the SUE files, right? because this cheese forging talk sounds like Kingdom of Loathing.

And Dwarves invented fondue. The Swiss acquired it indirectly through contact with the Gnomes of Zurich. (Dwarf-Gnome trade relations are a well established fact)
    This is not to be confused with fondant, which is a halfling invention. Fondant does not require forging.

ellindsey - oh yes... must have cheese forges.
    Yes, I'm afraid you are in basically the correct place.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Kraken View Post
    why would they put all that effort into the cheese foundry?
    Actually, this is a good question-- why would someone put all that effort into a cheese foundry?
    Unfortunately, like all legitimate questions in the SUE system, there will never be a satisfying answer.
    Last edited by The Fury; 2013-09-27 at 10:24 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15

Why Katanas are overrated
    Warning ME3 spoilers: Death of villain who kills a companion
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nKaYXir...%3DnKaYXirzYrc
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Aww, thanks Lord Raziere!

There's a new post.

Incidentally, I think we were going to add a disclaimer to the new thread asking people not to ask for anything that could identify anyone involved -- including the webcomic, since Chief Circle's real name is all over it.

As for what Chief looks like (from the last thread): http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/3639-brilliant.jpg That's more or less similar, albeit with less moustache and more neckbeard. Vamp!Marty...will take more searching.
    Last edited by Trekkin; 2013-09-27 at 10:52 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Oh. That part. The part where some of the people around the issue made me grumpy.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    Oh. That part. The part where some of the people around the issue made me grumpy.
    Yeah. Thus the filling it with other stuff instead, because that part wasn't fun.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    Aww, thanks Lord Raziere!

There's a new post.

Incidentally, I think we were going to add a disclaimer to the new thread asking people not to ask for anything that could identify anyone involved -- including the webcomic, since Chief Circle's real name is all over it.
    edited to add a disclaimer, is that sufficient? or more?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    edited to add a disclaimer, is that sufficient? or more?
    That's perfect. Thanks very much.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Grue View Post
    Have we ruled out the possibility that Marty was in fact not an aerospace engineer but a psych student, and was running an elaborate and lengthy experiment to see exactly how much bull**** a random cross-section of [University Name] students would put up with?

Because, while the above is far-fetched and hard to believe, so is the idea that someone would actually think cheese is made in foundry ladles.
    Probably not, seeing as that would be a profound breach of ethics.

...I said as if Marty would care about such irrelevant matters.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Probably not, seeing as that would be a profound breach of ethics.
    Is a psych student who disregards ethics more or less believable than an aerospace engineer who doesn't understand lift?

23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by The Grue View Post
    Is a psych student who disregards ethics more or less believable than an aerospace engineer who doesn't understand lift?
    Sometimes I wonder if Trekkin and Llechtem are secretly psychologists or cultists or cultist psychologists trying to test internet denizens' reactions to Chief Circle, possibly in an attempt to summon some eldrich being of pure inanity into our world.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Sometimes I wonder that as well, but I decided that I'd rather believe that there's someone that horrible in the world (who may or may not be an elaborate psychology troll) than the idea that a pair did an amazing psychological trolling with the forum.

Although in either WMG psych troll case, all I could say is "well done" and tip my hat in awe.

That or tip my hat in awe towards the resilience of Trekkin and co.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Well, that ended on a rather lame note. Kind of unavoidable, I suppose. CC had to stop this whole "players DOING things" fad in the bud before it ruined his flawless plot.

So, aside from the Epilog, are we going to get more of Marty's PC's 'origin' story? ISTR you mentioned way-back-when that 'he's the sole survivor of an improbable number of things'.

Would you mind if I told RPG.net about this? They could use a good laugh, too.
    Imagine if all real-world conversations were like internet D&D conversations...
    Protip: DnD is an incredibly social game played by some of the most socially inept people on the planet - Lev
    I read this somewhere and I stick to it: "I would rather play a bad system with my friends than a great system with nobody". - Trevlac
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    That said, trolling is entirely counterproductive (yes, even when it's hilarious).

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

What makes me sad is that we are running low on stories of CC. Not that I want Trekkin to have suffered more, but he has a great writing style and has gone through a truly hilarious trouble.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Arbane View Post
    So, aside from the Epilog, are we going to get more of Marty's PC's 'origin' story? ISTR you mentioned way-back-when that 'he's the sole survivor of an improbable number of things'.

Would you mind if I told RPG.net about this? They could use a good laugh, too.
    If I can find it, sure. If not, I can paraphrase what I remember.

And I wouldn't mind.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

I do hope you continue writing for the blog once you run out of CC stuff, because I love reading your stuff.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    I do hope you continue writing for the blog once you run out of CC stuff, because I love reading your stuff.
    I do believe he somewhat recently mentioned that this is not the only horrible campaign he's been in.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    I do believe he somewhat recently mentioned that this is not the only horrible campaign he's been in.
    Not much else to say there.