New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Need home brew help

I want to know how to make homebrew classes on giant in the playground like the setup and all that shizzle in other words I NEED HOMEBREW HELP.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Need home brew help

I know how you feel. I just started posting stuff a few weeks ago and I didn't know how to do ANY of it. (even though it says I've been a member for like 3 years but shhhhhhh)

Here's a few tips:

When posting about a Homebrew class, remember to post it in the SAME format the classes are presented in the Player's Handbook (Or similar source material, depending on what system you're using)
    You don't need to include all the fluff about what races work well with the class or what kind of backgrounds they can have. But the core mechanics should be formatted like the Player's Handbook.
    In regards to posting a table. The way I figured it out was looking at someone else's base class. Clicked on the quote button, and scrolled down to where it said something like "{table=head]". THAT's how I figured out how to post tables. (when I'm feeling particularily lazy, I just copy and paste other tables into my post and change the numbers and abilities as needed, but don't tell anyone)
    If you want to see what I mean, click on the link to my Havoc Knight, and click the quote button.
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305278

Other than that, all i can say is read other people's posts to say how they utilize the various tools on the forum.
    Homebrewers Extended Signature Yep, no more room in my actual signature ... on the bright side though, now I have room for a cool quote!
    If I had one ...
    Custom Avatar by ShadowySilence - He's a cool guy.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Go to the Notable Threads thread stickied at top (just below articles previously appearing), it has a few threads dedicated to helping the most important ones in my opinion being the Guide to Homebrewing (table formats you can copy paste for a lot of things) and Table Pre-sets and table making tutorial. I got started when Guide to Homebrewing was the best table making guide and I think somebody had to point me to it, the other has ones preset for certain BAB/good save combinations, but Guide is still easier for a full-casting class as it has a casting template.

Those two threads (and the PHB) should cover the setup pretty well.

Also a piece of advice I got when I first started posting classes, don't spoil the class table or special abilities (unless one has a sidebar style thing) it makes the class easier to read and critique if you do not.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2013-09-29 at 07:54 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Also a piece of advice I got when I first started posting classes, don't spoil the class table or special abilities (unless one has a sidebar style thing) it makes the class easier to read and critique if you do not.

Now they tell me
    Homebrewers Extended Signature Yep, no more room in my actual signature ... on the bright side though, now I have room for a cool quote!
    If I had one ...
    Custom Avatar by ShadowySilence - He's a cool guy.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheFamilarRaven View Post
    Now they tell me
    You did better than I did my first time, I put them in two separate spoilers.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

thx guys i love how timely people reply on this forum