A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 174
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default [PTA] Children of Vardamir [IC]

    Prolouge

    Everyone

    Sometimes, you get your best ideas in a dream. Other times, you get cryptic messages and strange visitors.
    This looks like one of the latter, fortunately or not.
    You’ve had this dream before. It starts with a sea of strange shapes- elaborate lines, ribbons of light, spiraling around in a rolling wave of light. You know they’re words, letters, symbols- they mean something, if not to you at the moment. For right now, It’s a familiar place, comforting to you, like coming home. Then, though, you have a guest.
    A bright, white sun of light seems to appear, manifesting itself from the symbols. It’s strange, foreign to your homey dream-world. But it seems to watch you with a mixture of pride, and regret. Then, as soon as it appears, it fades away to nothing, leaving only the sea of runes.
    They’re not the only visitor you have tonight.


    Emilio Keel

    As you drift through the sea of runes, you feel something stir within you. Even as the going gets harder, your mind seems to push through on it's own, shaking off and ignoring the pressure. The current tries to push you, but your dream-self seems to instinctively resist anything in your way. Suddenly, after a tide of resistance, you break free.
    A strange shape, almost like a floating Pokemon, with 2 tails and a strange, head-heavy body floats before you. It flickers with a strange power- no matter how tough you are, it looks like touching it would be a bad idea. It looks unbreakable- like a statue of a Pokemon, hewn of solid willpower. It seems to glimmer a deep ruby-red as it looks you over.
    “I see you’re using my biggest gift admirably.” It says in a light, genderless voice. It floats around you, looking you over. "I have another one ready for you."

    Michalis Cormagent

    As the prescence leaves, the world feels emptier than before. The runes seem to have less luster, less life in them. Oddly, it doesn’t frighten you. As soon as you approach a shape, however, they seem to regain their “essence.”
    Then, out of the runes comes a shape. It looks like a Pokemon, like a small horse. Not yours, though- smaller, more slight but with an undeniable inner might. It seems to charge out of the runes, coming to a stop just in front of you. A mane of reddish-gold runes billows out behind it even as it stops, as though a raging wind is blowing past it.
    “You have honor.” It says, in what sounds like a young tenor’s voice. It seems to tilt its head at you, like a lost dog. “A hero of sorts. It’s not my strength, but I can tell you’ve been through a lot.”

    Cenric Aeldwald

    Suddenly, the runes halt around you. For but a moment, they’re not swirling, magical bearers of change- just letters, potential, nothing more. You no longer see what they could be- but what they truly are. It feels... different, but good. More honest, somehow. Not right, but getting there.
    “Hm.” The stilled runes float to form a strange, three-dimensional outline of a white creature, almost draconic, with strange, flowing hair. It's outlines feel fixed, immovable, yet somehow untouchable. Pure. It seems to size you up.
    “A bit… incomplete, as of yet, but you’ll do. A healthy desire to prove yourself, a little determination... and of course, a touch of reality. Yes, you’ll do just fine.” It says absently, more to itself than you.
    Last edited by Kail Erron; 2013-09-30 at 08:08 PM.
    Stunt check!

    I'm a GM now! (Loud link,Watch your volume)

    Spoiler
    Show
    [PTA] Children of Vardamir (OOC) (IC)

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Children of Vardamir [IC]

    Michalis wakes up, immediately thinking about what that dream could have meant. Who was that voice? What was that figure? His head is running circles around these ideas. Answers.........Answers are what he needed Michalis decided, but how could he figure out answers to a dream?

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTA] Children of Vardamir [IC]

    Emilio peers at the creature. "Your greatest gift? Who... what are you? And what do you mean you 'have another' for me?" He keeps a respectful distance from this being. The shape looks.. somewhat familiar. Maybe. Something that he'd seen once, but Darkrai take him if he can remember where, or when.
    Last edited by Tempest Kitsune; 2013-09-30 at 08:27 PM.
    You want me? Come and get me!

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Children of Vardamir [IC]

    Michalis

    As you think that, a soft humming noise fills your ears, before your mind seems to open. A shape appears in your mind- like a heart, sort of, and somehow like a stylized spade.

    Spoiler
    Show
    You recieved a Mysterious Rune. Strength be yours!


    The same high voice whispers into your ear.

    "To help your strength be not just yours, but your friends's as well. Until next time, partner."

    The prescence fades.
    Last edited by Kail Erron; 2013-10-04 at 08:24 PM.
    Stunt check!

    I'm a GM now! (Loud link,Watch your volume)

    Spoiler
    Show
    [PTA] Children of Vardamir (OOC) (IC)

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Children of Vardamir [IC]

    Michalis examines the mysterious rune and thinks about what the voice told him. "Be my friends also, who are my friends?". Michalis wonders if the friends the voice was talking about might be able to help him on his quest......."Look at yourself, trying to interpret dreams. What are you a Musharna? That's all it was.....just a dream.". Michalis thought to himself

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Children of Vardamir [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tempest Kitsune View Post
    Emilio peers at the creature. "Your greatest gift? Who... what are you? And what do you mean you 'have another' for me?" He keeps a respectful distance from this being. The shape looks.. somewhat familiar. Maybe. Something that he'd seen once, but Darkrai take him if he can remember where, or when.
    The creature flips over itself, blinking red again.
    "I am the strength of kings. I am the hope of peasants. I hold back and lead to the end. I am willpower itself. As for my gift..."
    It floats over to you, before suddenly glowing like a blazing fire. A symbol appears in your mind, somehow like a heart, somehow like a stylized brace.
    "Let your will to go on bring back the same in others."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Obtained Mysterious Rune. Let your will be might.


    As the being starts to vanish, it seems to smile. "Be well, Child." The way it pronounces it makes it sound almost like a title.
    Last edited by Kail Erron; 2013-10-04 at 08:25 PM.
    Stunt check!

    I'm a GM now! (Loud link,Watch your volume)

    Spoiler
    Show
    [PTA] Children of Vardamir (OOC) (IC)

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTA] Children of Vardamir [IC]

    Emilio wakes with a gasp, prompting an irritated huff from Firestorm as the Charmander's sleeping position is disturbed, as well as an inquisitive chirrup from Squall, the Puffluff perched in the rafters. Emilio drags a hand down his face. "Sorry guys. Just... a really weird dream." The Charmander huffs again, his oddly scaly skin rasping slightly as he re-settles himself. Emilio absently pats the Char's flank, before looking towards the window to see if the sun had started to rise yet.
    Last edited by Tempest Kitsune; 2013-09-30 at 08:40 PM.
    You want me? Come and get me!

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Children of Vardamir [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Is Ohtar's coast an acceptable starting spot for you all?
    Stunt check!

    I'm a GM now! (Loud link,Watch your volume)

    Spoiler
    Show
    [PTA] Children of Vardamir (OOC) (IC)

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTA] Children of Vardamir [IC]

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Works fine for me
    Last edited by Tempest Kitsune; 2013-09-30 at 08:45 PM.
    You want me? Come and get me!

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Children of Vardamir [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    where is it? I don't see it on the aatos map

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Children of Vardamir [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowz1797 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    where is it? I don't see it on the aatos map
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's under the Iussus section.
    Stunt check!

    I'm a GM now! (Loud link,Watch your volume)

    Spoiler
    Show
    [PTA] Children of Vardamir (OOC) (IC)

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Children of Vardamir [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah that's fine, we'll say for now Michalis is there to try and strengthen himself for his revenge

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Children of Vardamir [IC]

    Michalis and Emilio

    The sun has barely cleared the horizon, and soon starts to stretch its fingers through the windows. It's just lucky you're out of the main woods or else it'd still be dark. Ohtar's kinda rough like that. Well, in a lot of ways. But that's all right.
    Stunt check!

    I'm a GM now! (Loud link,Watch your volume)

    Spoiler
    Show
    [PTA] Children of Vardamir (OOC) (IC)

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Children of Vardamir [IC]

    Michalis calls for Catria and she flutters down and perches on his shoulder. They then proceed to walk outside and check up on Camus

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Children of Vardamir [IC]

    Cenric starts and looks at the figure
    "Who, who are you? What do you mean " I'll do just fine"? What do you want?"

    Despite himself, his fists stiffen in preparation.


    Spoiler
    Show
    It's fine with me.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Children of Vardamir [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by gman391 View Post
    Cenric starts and looks at the figure
    "Who, who are you? What do you mean " I'll do just fine"? What do you want?"

    Despite himself, his fists stiffen in preparation.


    Spoiler
    Show
    It's fine with me.
    It seems to start itself as it looks directly at you for the first time.
    "Nothing much, Child. Just thinking aloud. I do have a gift for you, though."
    The way it says "child" sounds almost like a title rather than a simple statement.
    Stunt check!

    I'm a GM now! (Loud link,Watch your volume)

    Spoiler
    Show
    [PTA] Children of Vardamir (OOC) (IC)

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Children of Vardamir [IC]

    "Child? Gift? Who are you?" Cenric is wary. This doesn't seem like Arceus...

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Children of Vardamir [IC]

    Michalis wonders what he will do today, maybe go to a nearby forest and search for some Pokemon to train Camus and Catria against.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is that cool?

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Children of Vardamir [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Yup, that's cool.


    The creature gazes at you. "I am the truth."
    Then, a burst of molten symbols flows from its tail. It stretches its neck upwards, and roars.
    A symbol appears in your mind- almost like a heart, but somehow like a stylized spectacle.

    Spoiler
    Show
    You got the Mysterious Rune. Yes, it'll do.

    The creature looks down at you, having finished it's roar, and begins to fade away.
    "Stay true, Child of legend."
    The dream fades, and you wake to the sun rising. Huh.

    Spoiler
    Show
    And I think I'm done for the night. See y'all!
    Last edited by Kail Erron; 2013-10-04 at 08:26 PM.
    Stunt check!

    I'm a GM now! (Loud link,Watch your volume)

    Spoiler
    Show
    [PTA] Children of Vardamir (OOC) (IC)

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Children of Vardamir [IC]

    Cenric wakes up.
    "What in Arceus' Holy Name was that?"

    In his hands is a mysterious rune.
    "...They said the outside world was strange, I didn't think it was this strange"

    "Shro?" Kelly the Shroomish shook herself awake looking at Cenric
    "It's okay girl, come on lets go and see the ocean."
    "Shro!"
    Cenric smiles at the Shroomish and starts his day.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTA] Children of Vardamir [IC]

    Emilio kips to his feet, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. Passing out the last of the provisions that he'd managed to sneak off the boat with him, he sighs. "Well you two, looks like there's nothing for it but to see if we can find a Conclave office here and look into getting some kind of work. I've got enough dosh left to heal you if needed, and pay our way into the system at least, with a tiny bit left over for food." Both pokemon nod seriously, before he recalls them, making sure that the pokeballs are well-hidden from sight.

    He's heard enough stories about how people who use symbol magic are treated here from the old-timers back home, best to not invite trouble if it could be helped. Hopefully the dagger on his belt would be enough to keep the more desperate scavengers away, while his threadbare, salt-stained clothing would keep the more well-to-do pickpockets from thinking he was a mark worth pursuing.

    Leaving the inn, he'll get directions from innkeeper on where he might be able to find the local Conclave offices, and then make his way there, eyes alert, and hand ready to go for his dagger if needed.
    Last edited by Tempest Kitsune; 2013-10-01 at 11:57 AM.
    You want me? Come and get me!

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Children of Vardamir [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    I have made some additions to the area, and will hopefully be able to cobble up a small map or something. New to this version are several smaller creeks and rivers, as well as the town you mostly seem to be starting in.


    Everyone

    The town of Scelta is situated a few miles away from both coastline and forest, though the town suffers from having only the prescence of a few smaller rivers nearby. Still, the townsfolk make do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowz1797 View Post
    Michalis wonders what he will do today, maybe go to a nearby forest and search for some Pokemon to train Camus and Catria against.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is that cool?
    Michalis

    The weather seems nice out, and luckily there's plenty of woodlands around here- the southeastern part of Ohtar may be in the open, but the largest forest in Iussus's outskirts come just behind you. There should be plenty of creatures.

    Quote Originally Posted by gman391 View Post
    Cenric wakes up.
    "What in Arceus' Holy Name was that?"

    In his hands is a mysterious rune.
    "...They said the outside world was strange, I didn't think it was this strange"

    "Shro?" Kelly the Shroomish shook herself awake looking at Cenric
    "It's okay girl, come on lets go and see the ocean."
    "Shro!"
    Cenric smiles at the Shroomish and starts his day.
    Cenric

    Thanks to your travels, you've come close to the sea. While Ohtar(and most of Iussus, for that matter) don't have a reputation for sun-drenched coasts like the Syreni Islands, once you're outside the forest, the coastline's as good as any. The Vernear coast is only a few miles away, nothing to a seasoned traveller like yourself.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tempest Kitsune View Post
    Emilio kips to his feet, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. Passing out the last of the provisions that he'd managed to sneak off the boat with him, he sighs. "Well you two, looks like there's nothing for it but to see if we can find a Conclave office here and look into getting some kind of work. I've got enough dosh left to heal you if needed, and pay our way into the system at least, with a tiny bit left over for food." Both pokemon nod seriously, before he recalls them, making sure that the pokeballs are well-hidden from sight.

    He's heard enough stories about how people who use symbol magic are treated here from the old-timers back home, best to not invite trouble if it could be helped. Hopefully the dagger on his belt would be enough to keep the more desperate scavengers away, while his threadbare, salt-stained clothing would keep the more well-to-do pickpockets from thinking he was a mark worth pursuing.

    Leaving the inn, he'll get directions from innkeeper on where he might be able to find the local Conclave offices, and then make his way there, eyes alert, and hand ready to go for his dagger if needed.
    Emilio

    In order to function well, fortunately, any organization like the Conclave has to have offices almost everywhere. Unfortunately, thanks to the group's membership magic being Symbol Based, the townsfolk look upon any announced Conclave offices with suspicion... until, of course, they're needed.

    On the upside, thanks both to this town's non-cosmopolitan nature and the fact that the Conclave is useful, the group doesn't seem to meet with much discrimination, or even particularly serious disapproval. It shouldn't be too hard to find offices. When you ask the innkeeper for directions, he merely points you towards the eastern outskirts of town, not giving you any trouble. Clearly, he's had others come through before. Encouraging.
    Last edited by Kail Erron; 2013-10-01 at 05:57 PM.
    Stunt check!

    I'm a GM now! (Loud link,Watch your volume)

    Spoiler
    Show
    [PTA] Children of Vardamir (OOC) (IC)

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTA] Children of Vardamir [IC]

    Emilio will head towards the eastern edge of town, eyes open for both the signs of the Conclave, as well as any potential signs of trouble, to him or someone else. A favor owed could oftentimes be far more valuable than coin after all.
    You want me? Come and get me!

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Children of Vardamir [IC]

    Cenric will continue to go to the sea, he takes a meandering route with a Shroomish following him.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Children of Vardamir [IC]

    Michalis will venture into the forest, he sends Catria up to the skies to help him spot Pokemon while he rides Camus through the woods

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Children of Vardamir [IC]

    Tir

    Before your eyes, the runes all around you begin to circle around you, forming great tides of possibility. Slowly, their light grows, driving back the darkness that had fallen in place of the being.

    With one final push, the light shoves darkness out of view. And from the push springs a strange creature, made of runes.

    Its smallish head seems to be backed with huge, V shaped ears. Its body is small and round, and the whole thing gives off a vibe of cheerful energy.

    "And that's the win! It's symbolic!" It chirps, its voice feminine. "Hiya, Child!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm sorry about the wait, Gem_Knight.
    Stunt check!

    I'm a GM now! (Loud link,Watch your volume)

    Spoiler
    Show
    [PTA] Children of Vardamir (OOC) (IC)

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Children of Vardamir [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Roll for Perception, everyone!


    Quote Originally Posted by Tempest Kitsune View Post
    Emilio will head towards the eastern edge of town, eyes open for both the signs of the Conclave, as well as any potential signs of trouble, to him or someone else. A favor owed could oftentimes be far more valuable than coin after all.
    Emilio

    The town is somewhere between rustic and primitive, thanks to the people's dislike of Symbol Magic. There's probably at least 1 psychic and definately a few Mystics around, mostly in government. But the grand majority of the people are just that- ordinary folks, who could surely use conclave services.

    Quote Originally Posted by gman391 View Post
    Cenric will continue to go to the sea, he takes a meandering route with a Shroomish following him.
    Cenric

    As you head out of the city via the southeast, you come onto a pleasant sort of path, with dusky reddish soil. Trees scattered around the path shift in the wind, which carries just a taste of the sea.


    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowz1797 View Post
    Michalis will venture into the forest, he sends Catria up to the skies to help him spot Pokemon while he rides Camus through the woods
    Michalis

    Camus nickers softly as you ride out of town to the northwest, where you can see the immense trees of the Great Forest's outer edge even from a mile away. In between are a few miles of bush and far smaller trees- like the forest's ripples, almost.
    Stunt check!

    I'm a GM now! (Loud link,Watch your volume)

    Spoiler
    Show
    [PTA] Children of Vardamir (OOC) (IC)

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Children of Vardamir [IC]

    Michalis still continues riding towards the forest, however is now scanning the brush and small trees for any signs of movement

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTA] Children of Vardamir [IC]

    Emilio doesn't let himself relax. Ordinary people can be just as deadly given the right circumstances as the best of the Crews.

    Perception - (1d20+1)[17]
    You want me? Come and get me!

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Children of Vardamir [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowz1797 View Post
    Michalis still continues riding towards the forest, however is now scanning the brush and small trees for any signs of movement
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roll 1d20+Wis for Perception


    Quote Originally Posted by Tempest Kitsune View Post
    Emilio doesn't let himself relax. Ordinary people can be just as deadly given the right circumstances as the best of the Crews.

    [roll0]
    You notice with some surprise that the west fields are conpletely still- the domesticated work pokemon seem to be held frozen by something. In the very distance, you can just make out a hazy figure in a black coat and a long, tattered red scarf. He seems to be watching you with a mixture of boredom and haughtiness.
    Stunt check!

    I'm a GM now! (Loud link,Watch your volume)

    Spoiler
    Show
    [PTA] Children of Vardamir (OOC) (IC)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •