Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Bob&jim&coco

1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Bob&jim&coco

R'ta'nakk'k nods as the others leave and vanishes himself, teleporting to the God's hall. The Fallen angel flies away to the south. The shadowy stain on the ground remains however, but takes no action.

The Solar remains hesitant about if it is allowed to join in the battle below, but desperately wanting to.
    Current Avatar made by Pessimismrocks for the Battle for the little world - Fields of Blood game!

Spoiler: Past Avatars
    Show

Awesome Avatar made by Meirnon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    We took a thread that was supposed to be a diplomatic negotiation and first contact, and turned it into Darth Ghaeris' rampage...

Extended Homebrewer's Signature

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

Solana, what you do is up to you. I don't have power to compel your decisions, and no one demanded any particular action from you.

Do what you think best. I'll be doing my best with diplomacy. I hope we meet again soon.

Fight well, my friends!

Sophia then teleports to the god room to join the negotiations.
    Thanks to Pesimismrocks for my awesome avatar, and Gaiyamato for the game that inspired it!
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Able' Xanthis View Post
    This is what a properly motivated caster is like, people. Concussive explosions able to rip the front end of a hummer in twain and Chilling is using them to filter out those who don't make the cut. Those unworthy of his true magistic might.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Gaiyamato
    Show
    Gaiyamato, when you have a moment could you respond to my spoiler in post #234? It wasn't clear, but those questions were for you. Thanks.
    Last edited by Deadline; 2013-10-10 at 06:57 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Gaheris grimaces as he lunges and tears at the Dark Emporer with his lance, he was doing damage, but he could tell the infernal thing was healing at a rapid rate, he was losing blood himself, and he could feel it underneath his tunic, welling up and dripping off the saddle.

He was sore, ached, and tired, but he kept going, with the hope, the prayer that he could defeat this thing...

With Her ladies help! He thought to himself.

And then she left.

He couldn't believe it, his patron, his God, the power that he had dedicated his life to.....just left.

Left him there alone, to fight these insurmountable odds, to fight this....Dark Emperor, she left him...

He slouched off his horse and tried to rise, the weight of his armor and fatigue holding him back but he managed to stumble to his knees, almost knocked back by the proverbial blow to his faith,

"What? How....could she? How could she leave us here? Why?...." he mumbled through his visor, holding a hand up slowly to his opponent.

He shook his head, no longer armed, he took his helm off and threw it aside.

"Why?" he asked himself again, why would you leave!

He raised onto one knee, leaning on it for support, looked at his opponent and then back to his men.

Dried tears show rivers of clean skin on his dirty sweat stained cheeks, no longer is weeping, no longer regret shows in his eyes, determination, determination and a hatred that is fueled by anger.

His mount, the Celestial charger Galydriel whinnies and backs up a step, sensing something strange, some...disconnect.

The troops all around seem to pause for a second, realizing something is about to happen, some with fearful faces for what is to come, some to naive to realize, others shaking heads at the loss, while others merely stare in mute silence.

Shaerin clad in her battle mail and her half helm looks onwards curious as to what is happening, in all her life, she had never seen Gaheris unhorsed, this Dark Emperor must be a mighty combatant indeed, and then she saw it, the faint pulse, the strange reaction of Galydriel....She began to scream but it was too late.

Gaheris looked to the Dark emperor and said "I forfeit my life, as I my god has forfeited me, take me and I will lead your armies for you, my kingdom will be yours!"

He drops his head and reveals his neck for the killing blow.
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2014-07-27 at 11:35 AM.
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

“Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi”
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

The great dark spear Thanifex rose high into the air and fell down with a loud crunch and a sickening squelch, piercing the heart of Gaheris. For a moment there was nothing, then a wall of force shock-waved from Gaheris' body. Even the Dark emperor took a step backward in shock.

Thanifex writhed free of Gaheris, a black ooze that was once the heart of Gaheris coming with it, pooling onto the ground with a sickening stench. An evil green light welled up from the ground about Gaheris, filling his corpse with energy.

"Rise Gaheris, destroyer of the Gods, despoiler of the realms." came from seemingly out of nowhere - or maybe it was Thanifex itself?

Gaheris' eyes snapped open, now empty sockets burning with green ectoplasmic fire.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

You gain the death knight template.
    All levels of Paladin can be switched with anti-Paladin. Any Paladin prestige class may be swapped with Blackguard. You gain Tormented Knight for free.

You may also swap all spellcasting for the non-spellcasting Paladin (Complete Warrior) instead. If you do so you gain the feat Apostate (Elder Evils) for free.

If you keep your spellcasting and swear yourself to another God/cause then you gain Mad Faith (Heroes of Horror) instead (who you swear to will determine the level of 'depravity'.
    Last edited by Gaiyamato; 2013-10-10 at 07:22 PM.
    Current Avatar made by Pessimismrocks for the Battle for the little world - Fields of Blood game!

Show

We took a thread that was supposed to be a diplomatic negotiation and first contact, and turned it into Darth Ghaeris' rampage...

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Gaheris slowly rises, to the shock and astonishment of his men, Shaerin and others.

He looks up to the sky and raises his head bellowing out loud:

"Ta'nakk'k the Ancient One! I pledge my service to you, may you guide my arm to sever the worshipers of all that is good!"

He slowly turns around, his green fiery eyes waving and spitting fire as he looks at his troops, now almost at the point of breaking.

"KNEEL!"

He simply says, commanding his men.

Spoiler
    Show

Not sure how you want to handle his Cohort.
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2013-10-10 at 07:33 PM.
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

The laughter of R'ta'nakk'k fills the battlefield and the skies darken once more.

I ACCEPT MY NEW CHAMPION! LET ALL KNEEL BEFORE YOU - EVEN THE EMPEROR!!!

EDIT:
    The Emperor kneels down before Gaheris.
    Last edited by Gaiyamato; 2013-10-10 at 07:43 PM.

Show

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

This hex now permanently suffers the effects of lingering evil(BoVD):

Permanent Purple rain - that does not affect evil spellcasters.
    Permanent Unhallow spell.
    all of the plant life in the area withers and dies. This hex is now a desert hex.
    All of the civilians gain the "Desert" type (See SRD).

All NPCs in the region gain the Evil Brand feat for free and gain the Corrupted Template (BoVD). All of the dead rise as plague zombies.
    PCs may now chose to change their alignments to whatever Evil they wish and can serve Gaheris still if a champion. I wont force it on you though.
    If you do you gain the Evil Brand feat for free.

A unit of Lemures rises from the ground.
    Lead by a Madness Devil that also rises from the ground beside the unit.

These two units serve only Gaheris.

Show

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

Victor stares in shock as Gaheris discards his ideals as if they were an apple gone rotten. His mind reeled as he tried to comprehend why the man he believed in could be such a ... a ... a coward.

Then, in an instant, he knew. It was not the man he believed in, it was the ideal he upheld. He looked to the frightened faces of his men, and then to Oskar. "Old friend, this changes little for me. I still ride in defense of the good people of this world. Now, more than ever do I understand what the Lady Sophia stands for. If you wish to flee, now is the time, for I make my stand here today."

The old veteran squints up at Victor, then slowly shakes his head. "Nay lad, I swore to follow you till the end of my days. I didn't expect them to end so soon, but I'm good to my word, as are the men. We're with you."

Victor nods and turns to his men, "Men of Carth's Company, hear me! We were deceived! We believed Gaheris to be a brave and virtuous man, who upheld the ideals of the Lady Sophia! See now how the coward shows his true colors! I say that someone should show him the error of his ways! I say that the world must see that there are still people in this world who uphold the ideals that Lady Sophia stands for! I say we ride forth, AND WE SHOW THIS WORLD WHAT TRUE HEROES LOOK LIKE!"

He wheels his men to prepare for the coming onslaught, and says a quick prayer to the Lady Sophia before ordering the charge.

Spoiler: Prayer to Sophia
    Show
    I do not know if you can hear me, my goddess, but protect my men in this, their darkest hour. Give them the strength to face the coming doom. And watch over them when they cross over into your divine realm.

Signature of Holding

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: ooc-ish
    Show
    Do I hear that prayer? Also, do I feel Ghaeris' loss?

If I have any idea what's happening, I'll try to use a miracle to at minimum preserve their souls and prevent their conversion into undead. I don't think I dare to do any more than that right now. Also, what's Solana up to?

Oh, and nice last stand Victor.
    Last edited by Chilingsworth; 2013-10-10 at 08:06 PM.
    Thanks to Pesimismrocks for my awesome avatar, and Gaiyamato for the game that inspired it!
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:
    This is what a properly motivated caster is like, people. Concussive explosions able to rip the front end of a hummer in twain and Chilling is using them to filter out those who don't make the cut. Those unworthy of his true magistic might.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: ooc-ish
    Show
    Do I hear that prayer?
    Yes and you may answer it.
    Also, do I feel Ghaeris' loss?
    Painfully like the most savage wound you have ever suffered. The emotional and even physical pain will be great for a short moment.

If I have any idea what's happening, I'll try to use a miracle to at minimum preserve their souls and prevent their conversion into undead. I don't think I dare to do any more than that right now.
    You cannot save Gaheris as he chose it.
    However all of the BelTran troops are spared from any change from the evil effect thanks to you and Victor and his men are not only spared but are invigored.
    Also, what's Solana up to?
    About to swoop down and help Victor and his men escape.

Show

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: ooc:
    Show
    Well, I managed more help than I expected. Also, edited my post in the Gods' IC to reflect the new information.

Spoiler: Victor
    Show
    Your prayer is answered! You feel invigorated, and sure that your souls are safe and that you will not be subject to undeath. Gaiya will have more details of the effects.
    Last edited by Chilingsworth; 2013-10-10 at 08:53 PM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

The Solar hears the brave words of Victor and his men, as well as their cheer. A small tear trickles down her face as their valiance stirs her heart.

The solar raises her arms and brings them down. A white line of light vaporizes undead in a straight line to the ocean to the west, sending many of the rest falling to the ground. Two trade galleons with very confused looking crews appear and start screaming in terror as they see what is happening. In particular the bridge of light leading from the shore to the ships.

"Flee holy and valiant knight. I shall rejoin you when you are safe and we can then seek the guidance of your Lady together to fight this growing and powerful evil. Your death would serve no purpose here today. I have given you all that I can." Victor hears in his head.

She then draws her bow and takes aim at the pain Devil.

To the east the Dwarves and horsemen locked in battle with the undead there remain. Warlord Tetsin raises his axe into the air and charges in with the last of his men. They seem to be successfully driving some of the undead back for now, but they have lost many and are weakening.

He looks up at the Solar in the sky.

Show

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

Carth's Company cheered at their sudden reprieve, but Victor scowled in rage and frustration. His thoughts raced, I will not flee! I will see Gaheris brought low for his deeds! I will make the Dark Emperor suffer! I will ...

Victor blinked in surprise. The ideals of the Lady Sophia were protection, strength, and healing. Such thoughts were the path to a damnation that he had just seen with his own eyes. A path that Gaheris had tread all too readily, and all because he held himself and his desires above those of his people. Victor would not follow that path. There were good people that would suffer because of Gaheris' actions. Good people who would flee this area and need a new home, a safe haven. And Victor and his men would provide that home.

"CARTH'S COMPANY! TO THE SHIPS, AND LET NO MAN HAVE AN ARROW LEFT IN HIS QUIVER WHEN WE ARRIVE!" Carth's Company drives straight down through the area that the Solar had cleared with divine power. Victor hurled every spell he had left, and his men launched every arrow and crossbow bolt they were carrying as the rode past the remaining undead troops.

Spoiler
    Show
    Victor hurls out his last three fireballs, one at the damaged undead unit to provide cover for Shaerin and the BelTran 1st to retreat (should they wish to leave Gaheris' service), and the last two into another unit of zombies, attempting to completely wipe out some units on the way to the ships. Carth's Company will take as many ranged shots as possible while still striving to make it to the ships and escape.

Fireball #1 To Wound Roll: (1d20+12)[17] (DC 18 Ref or reduce power by 6)
    Fireball #2 To Wound Roll: (1d20+12)[19] (DC 18 Ref or reduce power by 6)
    Fireball #3 To Wound Roll: (1d20+12)[22] (DC 18 Ref or reduce power by 6)
    Last edited by Deadline; 2013-10-11 at 12:47 AM.

Signature of Holding

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

The Zombies surge forward but Victors men and Gareth's old unit unite to fight their way through and onto the bridge of light. The men on the ships work out quickly what is happening and ready the ships to depart. Fireballs and arrows cut down the zombies as well as the swords of men, hope and righteous anger filling their hearts with strength. Just as the last of Victors men board the ships the Archon ends the bridge, the zombies falling back to the shore.

You see in the east the last of the Dwarves are cut down to a man. However the horsemen being led by Tetsin manage to break through and run to the south and west , attempting to follow the fleeing ships. The Zombies are not fast enough to make pursuit.

As you get out into the water, screams of pain and torment fill the air as the V'K'kraan'ck and their undead minions fall onto the wounded and those civilians who did not make it onto the ships. A great moaning wail also rises up from the region as the newly corrupted awaken to a life of torment.
    Much of the zombie forces head north to the Capital now led by the undead Gaheris.

After some time more ships appear north of you and signal friendly civilians on board them.

Show

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

Gaheris now a fully formed Deathknight slowly walks towards Shaerin, the only human left on the battlefield, not a zombie, or on the ships.

She stayed behind, shock was apparent on her face.

Her weapon lay on the ground, next to her shield.

She locked eyes with him as he slowly walked up to here, step by step.

Crumpling to her knees, her face was as white as alabaster, the blood having fled via the shock of the whole event.

Coming closer he knelt down to her level, "Why...?" she whimpered as he cradled her head, he may have forsworn everything in his life, every iota of code and honor, but he was still Gaheris. He didn't say anything, just held her, and all the while the insidious dark magic worked its ways upon her, his touch his very being corrupted her into something else, he looked down and saw another person, she was still shaerin, but she had changed, he had corrupted her.

With iridescent light blue eyes, she looked up at him and smiled, "I am yours to serve, she said slyly, as if she knew this would all happen." Rising he bought her with him, his reinforced frame easily able to lift hers.

He nodded, it was done.

Turning he saw Galydriel, she was still here, panicking being so close to so much evil.

With a sudden burst a sheath of flame engulfed her along her skin, turning her black where it touched, until she was as dark as night, her breath turned to smoke and embers and her hooves leaked smoke into the night sky. Moving toward him, she muzzled his shoulder.

"I shall call you Cakarot." he said simply.

Jumping up on his newly changed mount he nodded to Shaerin to do the same, once done, he wheeled around and looked to the assembled army and the Dark Emperor. "Let us go to my capital, a feast awaits."
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2013-10-11 at 02:20 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BelGareth View Post
    "I am yours so serve, she said slyly, as if she knew this would all happen."
    Spoiler
    Show
    *cough cough*
    Last edited by drack; 2013-10-11 at 02:19 PM.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

The forces of the dark empire under the duel command of Gaheris and the Emperor marched on the former capital only to find it in chaos, and largely in ruins. Many buildings had been torched in looting and around 2/3rds of the inhabitants of the city had fled aboard merchant ships or scattered into the wilderness. There is no one left to resist or fight and the survivors eagerly surrender.

OOC: Vale is now a thorpe with no buildings or upgrades of any kind.

Show

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

Just want to say...

Awesome.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

I made my awesome first contact, so what's the problem?
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

(double post for Bel)
    The Hands of the Darkened grove approach your legions as you reach the edge of the orkish settlements.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

The Duke of the North, the Dark Lord Gaheris, chosen of R'ta'nakk'k sits atop his Nightmare, who is restless, snorting flames and soot into the air as his hooves give off a constant stream of smoke into the air.

Making a short signal with his hand a unit of what seem to be deranged mad men ride up behind him, they all seem to be quite insane, and sitting upon dark horses of flame and corruption.

With a nod to the Emperor he trots forward with the deranged possessed unit following suit, they seemed to key off his every action and subtle move as he came forward, as if they had worked with him very closely.

He stops near the hands

Turning to you, his undead face lacking the human emotion as before, his eyes now replaced by green eldritch fire, he speaks:

"What is it you want? we have come for the Orcs, not you, your time shall come, but it is not now."
    Spoiler
    Show
    sorry!
    Spoiler
    Show

Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

While the Hand of Death admires the steed, the Hand of Life replies somewhat surprised. "Our time will come? Have we not made peace with your people?"

Spoiler
    Show

No worries mate, just figured I should keep it proper such as not to expect you to read every other post.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

The Duke would be aware by now - via sending to the Dark Emperor - that the Hands visited the capital and were promised peace for the time being.

Show

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

"Indeed, hence why we have not crushed you here and now, we have peace for the time being, things have changed, what do you want or have I wasted my time?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

"Wasted your time?" The Hand of Life asks, shocked. How is talking while you ride any more wasteful then riding in silence?

"This troubles me however." The Hand of Death states plainly. "Why do you treat our sacred pact of neutrality that you before accepted so readily as a thing to be cast aside in time?"

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Gaheris wheels Cakerot angrily, his steed snorts sending flame and smoke out in a plume.

"Do you think it is for eternity? Do you think I am bound to what was said before me?" he growls, his eyes flickering, surging with power "Did you bring me here to argue with me? You are testing my patience, state your business or I will leave"
    Spoiler
    Show

Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

"In truth..." The Hand of Death starts cut off as the Hand of Life replies "We figured we should congratulate you on your new death, and wish you a joyous life to come, though I don't see why you're so anxious to annul the peace that allows you the luxury to march on such a weakly manned hovel."

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Gaheris stutters, almost perplexed at the statement, he nodded and then frowned it looked like he was about to say 'thankyou' but then just grunted, harumphing as he turned back, wheeling his nightmare back around in a full circle.

"Well then, You two seem to get around, you are standing on future Empire ground, it is the way of things, you above all others should see that, things change, life shifts, power balances...The dark Empire moves and in its wake death follows....and undeath." he said, slightly uneasy, it was obvious you had unnerved him, or perhaps reminded him of his past mortal self.
    Spoiler
    Show

Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

"Death goes to life, and life goes to death. You will live again. Perhaps you'll remember and perhaps you won't. They say it's a sign of good luck when you don't." "Ah well, I hope you enjoy your death to the fullest!" "And remember to curb your appetites, too much gluttony can bring all sorts of things from what one might otherwise think sound woodwork." "Still, lighten up a little, from what I hear death's not all bad. I think it'll be a rather enjoyable experience when the time comes."