New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default So, tell me about Vecna

Do we know which Oerdian ethnicity he belonged to? His history seems to suggest Flannae descent.

Is the Serpent an actual entity or a figment of Vecna's delusions or perhaps his consciousness cast far forward whispering from the future?

He was suddenly but inevitably betrayed by Kas, and lost his hand and eye within the confines of mortality. Did this act compel him to seek and achieve divinity or where those plans already well in motion?

What else?
    To see the world in a grain of sand
    and Heaven in a wild flower
    To hold infinity in the palm of your hand
    and eternity in an hour.

- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: So, tell me about Vecna

Quote Originally Posted by Amiel View Post
    He was suddenly but inevitably betrayed by Kas, and lost his hand and eye within the confines of mortality.

Now now...Don't forget The Head of Vecna :)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

You might be better off asking this in Afroakuma's planar thread over in the 3.0+ subforum.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I seem to recall reading in the last printed issue of dragon magazine that the serpent was one of the few mysteries in DND that was never given any answer anywhere so good luck with that one.
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

If you find his head, you don't want it.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

He's currently guarding one of my players' collection of character sheets. Every character he retires gets put into the same plastic binder. Vecna shares his guardianship with Nerull and Orcus; together, they're one hell of a rock band.

It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Realms of Chaos View Post
    I seem to recall reading in the last printed issue of dragon magazine that the serpent was one of the few mysteries in DND that was never given any answer anywhere so good luck with that one.
    Die Vecna Die explicitly listed the Serpent as a creature in the same category as the Lady of Pain and Asmodeus. I don't have it nearby, though, so I can't recall if there was any specific context saying the Serpent could all just be in Vecna's (quite insane) head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipperychicken View Post
    I guess this forum is some kind of mystical afterlife for dnd nerds who die during internet discussions? All the greatest internet heroes argue here every day about physics and dnd, rise again when slain, and enjoy a dining hall which serves them unlimited quantities of heavenly food like ramen, soda, alcohol, and birthday cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Tippy View Post
    Yes, the underwear of my epic wizards are more than capable of conquering your average world on their own.