A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Iron Chef Optimization Challenge in the Playground L

Quote Originally Posted by OMG PONIES View Post
    Not only did I love Driscoll's mechanical tricks, but the story of that kobold sounds like a goldmine of material!
    Ha. I take it this is your retribution for the gnome gags. Joke's on you. I love puns. They may be the lowest form of wit, but wit is the highest form of humor.

I'm glad Driscoll's tricks went over so well. Seeing the Serenity/Grim Resolve combo described as a stroke of genius made me very happy. And yeah, the kobold would have been a lot of fun if I'd had the time to put the entry together.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadline View Post
    Heck, even though I like the scoring rubric that PONIES uses, I always find myself a little disappointed that he doesn't include more commentary.
    Isn't brevity the soul of wit? I used to include more commentary, but I found the following:
    • My rambling style made it hard to figure out exactly why I was deducting or adding points sometimes.
    • It was hard to maintain consistency in my scores without a simple, consistent rubric. Especially in rounds with more entries, I felt my comments dwindle from "Ooh, builds! Let's take a look and comment on everything!" to "Must. Finish." somewhere between builds 1 and 23.
    • It took a long time. Like, a loved ones wonder where I've been/neckbeard starts growing/showering is a thing of the past because my life is devoted to the All-Consuming Scores kind of a long time.

Because of the above, I developed my rubric to:
    • Keep me on track. This is half to save you fine people reading time, and half to minimize the number of disputes that boil down to "what the heck is he saying?"
    • Make sure that each build is scored according to the same standards in an effort to reduce disputes based on inconsistencies (deducting one build but not the other for the same thing, drawing little hearts around one build's name but excluding the hearts from an identical build, and so on).
    • Have a life. I've succeeded in creating more free time, but whether or not I've filled it with anything resembling a life worth living remains TBD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Ponies, the Kim Karsdashian of GITP.
    This is what happens when they let me DM:
    Beyond the Horizon IC / OOC
    A Time to Die: Alpha IC / Bravo IC / OOC

3. - Top - End - #513

NecromancerGuy

Ponies, I figured that as an RPGer in good standing, the neckbeard was already in full, glorious bloom, including being styled and luxuriously conditioned.
    Iron Chef in the Playground veteran since Round IV. Play as me!

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #514
    Troll in the Playground

I'm confused.... Do horses even grow neckbeards?

5. - Top - End - #515
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuulvheysoon View Post
    I'm confused.... Do horses even grow neckbeards?
    Quite glorious ones, actually...

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #516
    Troll in the Playground

Alright, you've got me there.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Troll in the Playground

PONIES, I'm not saying you should change your rubric, after all it gets the job done and history shows it doesn't result in a huge pile of disputes. I'm just admitting to the truth that I crave feedback and would like moar.

And no, I'm not saying that you must work the mines at all hours for my amusement. (but seriously horse, get back to work! *whipcrack* )

I'm super appreciative of the efforts all the judges have gone through (it's all awesome volunteer work). My comment wasn't intended as a criticism.
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

8. - Top - End - #518

Quote Originally Posted by Deadline View Post
    PONIES, I'm not saying you should change your rubric, after all it gets the job done and history shows it doesn't result in a huge pile of disputes. I'm just admitting to the truth that I crave feedback and would like moar.

And no, I'm not saying that you must work the mines at all hours for my amusement. (but seriously horse, get back to work! *whipcrack* )

I'm super appreciative of the efforts all the judges have gone through (it's all awesome volunteer work). My comment wasn't intended as a criticism.
    Oh I know, I just wanted to give the masses a peak behind the curtain to see that the wizard needs food. Badly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Ponies, the Kim Karsdashian of GITP.
    This is what happens when they let me DM:
    Beyond the Horizon IC / OOC
    A Time to Die: Alpha IC / Bravo IC / OOC

9. - Top - End - #519
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WhamBamSam View Post
    Ha. I take it this is your retribution for the gnome gags. Joke's on you. I love puns. They may be the lowest form of wit, but wit is the highest form of humor.

I'm glad Driscoll's tricks went over so well. Seeing the Serenity/Grim Resolve combo described as a stroke of genius made me very happy. And yeah, the kobold would have been a lot of fun if I'd had the time to put the entry together.
    I really liked how Bone Knight allowed you to retain some paladin class features. I had not noticed that about the class and will have to remember that trick for other Fallen Paladin PRC's.