New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

View Poll Results: Will you vote on this poll?

Voters
337. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

110 32.64%
  • No

79 23.44%
  • Maybe

61 18.10%
  • What's a poll?

87 25.82%
Page 34 of 101 FirstFirst ... 92425262728293031323334353637383940414243445984 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 3016
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Shardok View Post
    Are you going to build an Igloo?
    Nope I'm going to suffer and die

2. - Top - End - #992
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    *cringes at censorship*
    (I implore you if this is your first time listening to this song listen to the explicit version, which I won't link)

If you want a real hatchet job, look at what they did to the otherwise fantastic "Hard In Da Paint". I think he gets three words out.

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AllIHaveIsCrunk View Post
    Well it was the only way I could link it and not risk getting into trouble. The uncensored version of that song is terrific. Seriously, if you're looking to get into crunk Crime Mob's self titled LP is brilliant.
    *nod* I'll try to find it on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Nope I'm going to suffer and die
    No, don't die! You're running one of my games! You can't die in the middle of a battle!

(I implore you if this is your first time listening to this song listen to the explicit version, which I won't link)

If you want a real hatchet job, look at what they did to the otherwise fantastic "Hard In Da Paint". I think he gets three words out.
    *nod* Aye, I'll find it.

...that's pretty bad, aye. Reminds me of Megadeth's cover of These Boots after the author took issue with the cover and demanded they censor it. One of the verses is almost completely gone, and the rest are still pretty bad.
    A few odds and ends.

4. - Top - End - #994

...that's pretty bad, aye. Reminds me of Megadeth's cover of These Boots after the author took issue with the cover and demanded they censor it. One of the verses is almost completely gone, and the rest are still pretty bad.
    Hahahaha, wow, that's dreadful. Is there an explicit version or is this all you get?

Also, thanks for actually listening to these links. Crunk has a reputation (possibly deserved) so I can't get anyone to check it out. This is the first time it's actually happened, see. So how is it treating you thusfar? I'd link some more but, obviously...

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ettin in the Playground

Hahahaha, wow, that's dreadful. Is there an explicit version or is this all you get?

Also, thanks for actually listening to these links. Crunk has a reputation (possibly deserved) so I can't get anyone to check it out. This is the first time it's actually happened, see. So how is it treating you thusfar? I'd link some more but, obviously...
    Oh, yeah, there's an explicit version. If you search the song on youtube, you won't get the censored version unless you specifically look for it. To be fair, a lot of what's censored isn't even obscene (although a good portion of it's still verbally explicit); it's just mocking some of the lyrics of the original song.

No problem. I like good music, regardless of genre, and you've demonstrated several times that you like good music of a pretty solid variety. (and you're one of maybe two people that I can actually discuss serialism/atonal compositions and some of the other more "out-there" experimental/avant-garde and prog stuff with. I mean, you know Magma).

*shrug* It's hip-hop. Far from the worst that I've listened to, anyway. (and some elements of it are a bit familiar to me, like the high-pitched bell-like sounds at the beginning, although I can't say what songs they remind me of). It's a bit difficult to read while I'm listening to (a lot of things are), though, so I've put on one of my less-liked Megadeth albums while I'm reading this stuff. I might get back to listening to more crunk later - feel free to name some more songs if you like. (I can't find that full album on youtube)
    A few odds and ends.

6. - Top - End - #996

No, don't die! You're running one of my games! You can't die in the middle of a battle!
    Don't worry, I won't! The snow hasn't beaten me yet, I just like exaggerating about that stuff

7. - Top - End - #997

Oh, yeah, there's an explicit version. If you search the song on youtube, you won't get the censored version unless you specifically look for it. To be fair, a lot of what's censored isn't even obscene (although a good portion of it's still verbally explicit); it's just mocking some of the lyrics of the original song.
    They were ripe for mocking. Finally something Mustaine and I agree upon

No problem. I like good music, regardless of genre, and you've demonstrated several times that you like good music of a pretty solid variety. (and you're one of maybe two people that I can actually discuss serialism/atonal compositions and some of the other more "out-there" experimental/avant-garde and prog stuff with. I mean, you know Magma).
    Oh, Magma. Is it wrong I kind of like their synth pop album.

*shrug* It's hip-hop. Far from the worst that I've listened to, anyway. (and some elements of it are a bit familiar to me, like the high-pitched bell-like sounds at the beginning, although I can't say what songs they remind me of). It's a bit difficult to read while I'm listening to (a lot of things are), though, so I've put on one of my less-liked Megadeth albums while I'm reading this stuff. I might get back to listening to more crunk later - feel free to name some more songs if you like. (I can't find that full album on youtube)
    Crunk is less lyric oriented than the rest of hip hop. It's sort of a dance/club genre. So there's a lot of snapping beats and MIDI instrumentation. It's more about the groove and the rhythm than about melody. "Regular" hip hop is much more lyrical and melodic, by comparison.

The only Megadeth album I really like is "Rust In Peace". I'm more of a Slayer guy as far as the big four goes.

As for power metal. I like some of it. Like that early NWOBHM affected stuff. I also dig some Rhapsody albums, but mostly because their arrangements are pretty good and they have this campy sense of self awareness. I find a lot of power metal groups (like Sabaton, sadly) have fairly obnoxious instrumentation and a joyless sense of melodrama. If there are more like Rhapsody I haven't found them.
    Last edited by DJ Yung Crunk; 2013-10-25 at 12:46 AM.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Dear universe,
    I just saw a little kitten-cat get in a fight with a dog roughly the size of a German Shepherd and win with ease.
    You are awesome.

Sincerely,
    Curly
    Spoiler
    Show

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

9. - Top - End - #999

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    -guess i should snip this all the cool kids are doing it-
    Got a gif of that cat scaring away a bear?
    Last edited by DJ Yung Crunk; 2013-10-25 at 01:07 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ettin in the Playground

They were ripe for mocking. Finally something Mustaine and I agree upon

Oh, Magma. Is it wrong I kind of like their synth pop album.
    Agreeing with Mustaine is a sure sign of madness. Appreciating his music is a sure sign of good taste.

Well, it's decent synthpop, so, no.

Wait a second... *narrows eyes* Words in ENGLISH!?!?! BLASPHEMY! This is Magma, where are the beautiful, unintelligible lyrics in that surreal language?!

Crunk is less lyric oriented than the rest of hip hop. It's sort of a dance/club genre. So there's a lot of snapping beats and MIDI instrumentation. It's more about the groove and the rhythm than about melody. "Regular" hip hop is much more lyrical and melodic, by comparison.

The only Megadeth album I really like is "Rust In Peace". I'm more of a Slayer guy as far as the big four goes.
    *nod* It definitely seemed more like club music, aye. Not sure what sort of club would actually play that, but...

That's my favorite of theirs... I really like that one and Peace Sells, and then I think Countdown to Extinction, Youthanasia, and Killing is My Business come pretty close after that. Risk is easily my least favorite, SFSGSW is okay, and while all of their newer stuff is decent at worst, it's largely homogeneous (and occasionally a bit racist, lyrically).

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    -snip-
    Brilliant.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2013-10-25 at 01:05 AM.
    A few odds and ends.

11. - Top - End - #1001

Well, it's decent synthpop, so, no.
    Wow. Most Magma fans I've met regard it as they would a plague rat.

Wait a second... *narrows eyes* Words in ENGLISH!?!?! BLASPHEMY! This is Magma, where are the beautiful, unintelligible lyrics in that surreal language?!
    They couldn't take the risk that the meme-able beauty of "Call me on the phone (right now!)" would be lost in the shuffle.

*nod* It definitely seemed more like club music, aye. Not sure what sort of club would actually play that, but...
    Well none these days. Crunk hasn't been popular in half a decade.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Troll in the Playground

Going on a trip with some friends wooooooo I've been looking forward to this weekend for like 5 weeks.

Shine, sun, damn you. Shine.

Is it weird that I'm mostly just packing alcohol? It's not, is it.

As for power metal. I like some of it. Like that early NWOBHM affected stuff. I also dig some Rhapsody albums, but mostly because their arrangements are pretty good and they have this campy sense of self awareness. I find a lot of power metal groups (like Sabaton, sadly) have fairly obnoxious instrumentation and a joyless sense of melodrama. If there are more like Rhapsody I haven't found them.
    Edguy, I'd guess? Don't take themselves too seriously. They've got good, clean and simple melodies with a surprising amount of punch sometimes.
    Avantasia is also excellent. The Metal Opera, specifically.

Also Axel Rudi Pell, who are sadly not so well-known. They've got a NWOBHM-revival sort of sound which is just awesome. Although, hmm. Does it count as revival if they've been around since that time? Whatever. It's just good heavy metal.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    It was amousseing.

First of all Fionnuala, breathe, just remember to breathe. It'll be worth it.
    Personally dear, I'd go for America, not only is the curriculum really strange and so many issues (without going into detail I never realised just how important religion is to people over there - or rather, how important people seem to think Christianity is) that in Europe just seem like non-entities in most schools. Also meetups.
    A life of travelling eh? Go to Australia one day, I heard they have a Sun. Also everything wants to kill you so maybe not. Um, it depends on if you want to limit yourself to places where English is commonly spoken or not really. Just go places and find things out! Maybe one day you'll find a stationary home as well.

Kind of like this, but less poofy and layered. And not blonde. Actually it's more like this, but not black and with a bit more volume to it. Also it's curling under at the bottom.

What kind of secrets? Just my hair care? Tips for others? What? I have many secrets I am willing to divulge. Also, it's best to tailor hair tips to hair, so what's your hair like?
    Ever had moose mousse?

I remember writing an essay about American religiousness back in school and it was VERY interesting. But yes, let us not delve too much into that topic, now. Hrm... The US, very likely, it'll be. I'd rather get into a school in the east coast too for a few reasons, one of them having a reluctance of going near California ever again.

I want to go to New Zealand! And most definitely not because of the sun. The sun is something that would horribly melt not just me, but my insides. I'm like bacon when that massive ball of fire comes out.

That doesn't seem too bad, I suppose. But then again, you went through a DRASTIC length change. I mean I nearly cried last January when I cut my hair a bit longer than shoulder length. It was a lot of hair, but not as much as you sacrificed!

My hair's derping all over the place. I have no other way of explaining it. Sometimes I don't think we share the same mind at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    Did you think at all about going to Asia with all the other teachers who speak English? Maybe I am thinking about teachers who have done their studies already.
    Meh... Asia's completely out of my interest area.

Well, no.
    [redneck voice]Damn Yankees.[/redneck voice]

And this is why I adjust the temperature of the room by changing the window, and not by changing the heater. >.>
    Hey. To Finns all Americans are yankees.

Wait, what, you change the window? I feel like either I'm not getting your genius mind at all, or you're just blabbering nonsense.

I can do alright with simple stuff, but my hands shake too much to really draw well... Not to mention that having a good sense of perspective makes me see just how wrong some things look when I draw them.

I'll have to see if I can find that book at the library, then. (I should actually go to the library at some point... I haven't had to yet. >.>)
    Nah, the shakiness just adds to your personal style, doesn't it? Fidgety hands, fidgety pictures. It's all fine and dandy, fella. Besides, there's nothing wrong in being self critical.

Go to the libraryyyy. It doesn't rot your brains, you know.

ION: I SLEPT IN AND THE BUILDERS CAME IN BEFORE I HAD WASHED MY HAIR. HALP.

... a-at least the floor is getting fixed? I guess?
    I need to phone around some friends and ask if I can be embarrassing and use their shower before tonight...
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

14. - Top - End - #1004

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Going on a trip with some friends wooooooo I've been looking forward to this weekend for like 5 weeks.

It's not weird. You're a human being, after all

Edguy, I'd guess? Don't take themselves too seriously. They've got good, clean and simple melodies with a surprising amount of punch sometimes.
    Avantasia is also excellent. The Metal Opera, specifically.
    Checked out some Avantasia on Youtube. Doesn't seem like my bag.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Troll in the Playground

The floor fixing sounds so violent...

*gulp*

I want to wash my haaaaaaaaaaaair!
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

16. - Top - End - #1006

tongue Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

You're asking the wrong question here.

The right question is: Am I packing enough alcohol?
    The answer is no.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Troll in the Playground

It's not weird. You're a human being, after all
    That's what I said! They never believe me.

Oh well, my friends will be grateful I'm sure

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    You're asking the wrong question here.

The right question is: Am I packing enough alcohol?
    The answer is no.
    What a scholarly gentleman you are. Luckily, I'm only packing for tonight. Tomorrow will care for itself

Checked out some Avantasia on Youtube. Doesn't seem like my bag.
    Eh, no matter.

I'm a great believer in listening to a full album at once, especially with rock opera situations. But great artists tie an album's songs together, regardless. Like, Moonsorrow. It's almost sacrilege to listen to just one song at a time. Sacrilege. Hehe. I made a funny. Because they're a pagan metal band, see? Ah, I slay myself.

But regardless, Tobias Sammet has a great voice. *I* think so, anyway.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Troll in the Playground

Feyfinn! My most favourite non-Finnish Finn! How are you? What fills your mind at this moment?
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

19. - Top - End - #1009

Eh, no matter.

I'm a great believer in listening to a full album at once, especially with rock opera situations. But great artists tie an album's songs together, regardless. Like, Moonsorrow. It's almost sacrilege to listen to just one song at a time.
    Yeah, so I'm gonna check out their newest album.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Feyfinn! My most favourite non-Finnish Finn! How are you? What fills your mind at this moment?
    Hehe. Heya! I'm good! I'm feeling strangely energised today. Feels good! (It's not the 3 cups of coffee, nope. Well, not just )

And I'm being mind-assailed by equal parts work and weekend, baby!. I've got like thiiiiis much new project documentation to slog through, but not too rushed, for a change. I'm even taking a half-day! Madness, I know.

And you? I remember reading something about education hiccups while flipping through past pages. Is that still a thing?

Yeah, so I'm gonna check out their newest album.
    As in, Moonsorrow? Going in cold? Good on ya, mate. They've got such a rich, thick sound, Not diverse, just... deep. And Ville Sorvali's screams are to die for.

Oh! Found another Finnish band. Crimfall (that is, I didn't know they were Finnish). Folk metal. The lead singer chick has such an amazing voice. And the folky elements are downright heavy. Great stuff.

21. - Top - End - #1011

As in, Moonsorrow? Going in cold? Good on ya, mate. They've got such a rich, thick sound, Not diverse, just... deep. And Ville Sorvali's screams are to die for.
    No. I already know Moonsorrow.

Avantasia. Gotta check back in with power metal every few months or so. Someday it'll click.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Troll in the Playground

No. I already know Moonsorrow.

Avantasia. Gotta check back in with power metal every few months or so. Someday it'll click.
    Alrighty then. I actually haven't gotten to their newest yet, but it's on my to-do list.

Same thing happened to me, sort of. I tried for years to get into Tristania. Seemed like something I really should like, but it never got to me. Then one day I lost all my music, and had to rebuild from scratch. A friend lent me a backup with some music on it, including Tristania. I listened to it because, well, I had nothing else. Did a double take when World of Glass started playing. It finally just clicked. Weird how that happens.

23. - Top - End - #1013

Alrighty then. I actually haven't gotten to their newest yet, but it's on my to-do list.

Same thing happened to me, sort of. I tried for years to get into Tristania. Seemed like something I really should like, but it never got to me. Then one day I lost all my music, and had to rebuild from scratch. A friend lent me a backup with some music on it, including Tristania. I listened to it because, well, I had nothing else. Did a double take when World of Glass started playing. It finally just clicked. Weird how that happens.
    I'm not optimistic, and you shouldn't be either, but I won't know unless I try.

Power metal is this one glaring omission on my "Will listen to" list. It's my white whale.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ugh...Friday morning and all I can think is that I just want to curl up on the floor and go back to sleep. Stupid end of Daylight Savings...

Admittedly, being up late Wednesday playing Dresden Files RPG, last night playing Malifaux, and up tonight painted some models so they'll be ready for more Malifaux tomorrow probably isn't helping. But it's so much fun.

25. - Top - End - #1015

@FinnLassie: Oof, that sounds rough. Hope you can get your hair washed, it's always embarassing when a bunch of people see your hair when it's all ratty and tangled. Though I'm sure your hair looks fine even without a quick washing

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Hey guys, why are you snipping pictures inside spoilers? If you have the same image multiple times on a single page, it only loads once. There's no reason to snip them and it makes it harder to follow (as you have to flick back to the original post). Even if it spills over onto another page, it's probably already cached from the page before, and snipping it makes it even harder as you need to flip back to a post on the previous page.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Troll in the Playground

Hehe. Heya! I'm good! I'm feeling strangely energised today. Feels good! (It's not the 3 cups of coffee, nope. Well, not just )

And I'm being mind-assailed by equal parts work and weekend, baby!. I've got like thiiiiis much new project documentation to slog through, but not too rushed, for a change. I'm even taking a half-day! Madness, I know.

And you? I remember reading something about education hiccups while flipping through past pages. Is that still a thing?
    CAFFEINE. CAFFFFFEINE. It makes my hands very shaky! How did you learn to drink coffee, like honestly? Or was it just some holy skill you were born with? I try and I try, but caffeine doesn't love me. Shaky hands. Uncontrollable mind. But at least it makes me awake? I dinnae.

You honestly sound like you have a lot of work to do! Honestly. Do you ever have days you don't work?! *gasp*

Still hating my course, yes. I don't think that'll change at all until I graduate and get rid of the whole deal.

@FinnLassie: Oof, that sounds rough. Hope you can get your hair washed, it's always embarassing when a bunch of people see your hair when it's all ratty and tangled. Though I'm sure your hair looks fine even without a quick washing
    I went to my friend's place to get my hair washed. It was a quick 5 minute operation. He's now convinced my long blonde hairs will try to kill him or something later on. And my hair looks horrible when it gets dirty.

IRN: The floor is just about to be done! They just need to seal all the stuff with silicone and shizzle ma nizzle. Apparently they derped a bit and the other guy needs to go and get a new part for our toilet, but that's all fine. I just hope they'll be done by 5 because that's the furthest I can stretch my schedule for.

I'll post pictures of our new, non-bouncy and rotten floor this weekend. Ees so preeteeh.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

28. - Top - End - #1018

I went to my friend's place to get my hair washed. It was a quick 5 minute operation. He's now convinced my long blonde hairs will try to kill him or something later on. And my hair looks horrible when it gets dirty.

IRN: The floor is just about to be done! They just need to seal all the stuff with silicone and shizzle ma nizzle. Apparently they derped a bit and the other guy needs to go and get a new part for our toilet, but that's all fine. I just hope they'll be done by 5 because that's the furthest I can stretch my schedule for.

I'll post pictures of our new, non-bouncy and rotten floor this weekend. Ees so preeteeh.
    Hooray! And awe, that's a shame. My hair still manages to look good if I go for a few days without washing it, but then my hair is also usually short

Hooray floor!

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Troll in the Playground

Hooray! And awe, that's a shame. My hair still manages to look good if I go for a few days without washing it, but then my hair is also usually short

Hooray floor!
    When I had my hair short, I honestly went like with two weeks without washing it because nobody saw the difference. I did have showers though, of course. Just didn't wash my hair.

FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!!!!!!!
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

30. - Top - End - #1020

When I had my hair short, I honestly went like with two weeks without washing it because nobody saw the difference. I did have showers though, of course. Just didn't wash my hair.

FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!!!!!!!
    Same here

Hooray! I think floors are actually kind of interesting. They symbolize stuff.