New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

View Poll Results: Will you vote on this poll?

Voters
337. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

110 32.64%
  • No

79 23.44%
  • Maybe

61 18.10%
  • What's a poll?

87 25.82%
Page 58 of 101 FirstFirst ... 83348495051525354555657585960616263646566676883 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 3016
  1. - Top - End - #1711
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Roc Ness View Post
    EDIT: Whoops looks like there's no more Oceania in the playground...
    I'll be your Aussiebro, Roc.
    Last edited by DJ Yung Crunk; 2013-11-07 at 04:15 AM.

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

2. - Top - End - #1712
    Banned

Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

*Collapses into Playground*

HELLO AGAIN wonderful people I am suddenly returned after perhaps maybe a year long absence and I can't help but feel this playground is... different! Someone mind getting me up to speed on any big changes, haha?

Actually, I've never left my footprint in the random banter thread before, but I might as well come in on the 200th, right?

Can't see the room from my moon, sadly. Big trees in suburbia, y'know.

Yes, no, maybe... I don't know? Can you repeat the question... this poll could've been giants. =P
    Roc Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeess! *tackle-hugs*

Last edited by Skeppio; 2013-11-07 at 04:32 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1713
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    I'd just like to skip ahead to the beginning of next year, I'd like my Paid Time Off to refill (stupid busy year...)
    Oooh. Busy years are very meh. But it's good to have time off.

I wish students got paid time offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    I feel similar. I'm waiting on a game expo I'll be watching a live stream of that's in a couple days. The last few days are always the hardest to wait through.
    My Christmas is going to be an utter mess this year, but still, I'd like it to come so I can celebrate in my own strange way. Bah. And before Christmas I need to do assignments anyways... Deadlines are after we get back to uni and before placement, but I'd like to not stress myself out in the last minute again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    *throws tantrum*
    I want the season noo-ooo-ooooow!

ION: I woke up at 4.20 this morning. I had slept for three hours. THREE. HOURS. I was wide awake. Then I fell asleep after listening to Harry Potter (Stephen Fry mmmh).

I'm exhausted.

Early night tonight. If I'm up after 11pm, taunt my head with a club until I'm unconscious.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

4. - Top - End - #1714
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Dude. I need to go visit your moon.

...how does one get there?
    NO! My moon! Mine! Myyy preciouuusssssssss.

Quote Originally Posted by AllIHaveIsCrunk View Post
    I'll be your Aussiebro, Roc.
    Haha, well from a different perspective, perhaps we are free! Aussiebros available to everyone!

Roc Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeess! *tackle-hugs*
    HELLO Skeppio buddy! How you been? XD

Pokedex #999: Roc Ness
    Avvie by Serpentine.

5. - Top - End - #1715
    Ettin in the Playground

Now there's a face I haven't seen in a while...

6. - Top - End - #1716
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    As if students need more time off

I'm also sort-of exhausted. Which is weird since I think I slept for over 9 hours. Oversleeping exhaustion? Hmm.

December plans are made. Going to rent a beach house with some friends. A Whole week. It's gonna be awesome.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

7. - Top - End - #1717
    Banned

HELLO Skeppio buddy! How you been? XD
    I've been okay. You? :3

8. - Top - End - #1718
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    IWhat, the pumpkin-head avatar...?
    He had a standard flumph avatar for like 20 minutes. His current one isn't the pumpkin one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    Oh really now? Yeah I guess so. A lot of people tend to keep sadistic tendencies hidden though. I wonder why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    My head is heavy and I just tried to walk into a wall. What is the word that starts with a that is not awry but is close to that and it means that walking into a wall is going to happen? That is how I am doing.
    Dehydrated?
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

9. - Top - End - #1719
    Troll in the Playground

I'm also sort-of exhausted. Which is weird since I think I slept for over 9 hours. Oversleeping exhaustion? Hmm.

December plans are made. Going to rent a beach house with some friends. A Whole week. It's gonna be awesome.
    You probably woke up during REM sleep.

You and your twisted and heathen southern ways. Beach house in December... pfft.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

10. - Top - End - #1720
    Ettin in the Playground

*looks at 8 pages of things to respond to*

...goddammit.

AMIDUS. WHY DOES MY HAIR LOOK LIKE DELICIOUS SPAGHETTI.

Guys, I'm off to cook some spaghetti soon. I need to use that sauce of mine anyways...
    Mmm... spaghetti... *looks at time* Dammit, I can't eat for another two hours, don't taunt me!

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    ION: I never got out of the oral phase. Or something.
    *snicker*

I don't know... third base? Please pardon both of my horrible jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Excuses, excuses.
    You, shush.

If you want to go out and collect traffic data in my place, you're welcome to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    I'm not sure about the rest of the world... But here in Australia, we call it Movember and its purpose is to help raise awareness of, and occasionally funds for, men's cancers.
    November was chosen simply because it's the easiest one to make a portmanteau with.
    Manuary. That is all.

My gentleman friend and I are still doing great together. Among other things I am getting acquainted with Persian cuisine, whose fragrance and richness tickles all my fancies for the exotic and the luxurious.

Also the professional-grade handcuffs I ordered finally arrived yesterday.

In short, all is well. My current extracurricular endeavour is this piece by Chopin.
    I don't believe I've ever had any Persian food... what's your favorite dish?

Heheheh

I have to say, this Chopin piece is quite nice.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Are you rating in terms of 5/10 is "average" or "subpar"?

For me it would be something like:
    -snip-
    Hrm... see, I like a lot of things roughly the same, and I don't really need to differentiate how much I like them. 7-9 works pretty well for things that I really like, (10 being reserved for things that are exceptionally good), but I like to have a wider range of expressing dislike for something (1-5). Mine would go something like this:

10: Near-perfect. Exceptional in nearly every way.
    9: Incredibly good.
    8: Very good.
    7: Fairly good.
    6: Meh.
    5: Eh, not my thing, but not bad, per se - this category also contains things that are so bad that they're good.
    4: Fairly bad
    3: Very bad
    2: Incredibly bad
    1: Absolutely horrible; little to no redeeming qualities

Why can't it be the end of this month already? I can't wait to change my forum outlooks for the Holidays.
    Agreed. I can't wait for winter...

Also, I think you mean appearance (unless you're going to drastically change your mannerisms and point of view at the end of the month), as outlook means something a bit different than how I think you're using it.

I liked coming up with that one. ^_^ But...I kinda agree with you and kinda don't. Some anger is not a bad thing, no not at all. And perhaps not sadism. But too much anger is bad, and sadism is bad for me personally. Because...

-snip-

So...yeah all that. Or don't read it, if too serious info is not your cup of tea. So sometimes yes, anger is something I need to let out and deal with, so that I can keep anger down to more manageable levels.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hrm... well, I probably could have used some anger management courses, but I never got any. *whistles nonchalantly*

I think my way of dealing with it was more masochistic than sadistic... I'd split wood, hit a punching bag (or occasionally myself (I've got a pretty good tolerance to pain), if one wasn't available), or just hit the ground with sledgehammer, etc. until I was too physically exhausted to be angry, and then I'd take a few minutes to do something relaxing and I'd be mostly alright.

All that being said, I've had almost no problems with anger at all since I've been away from home.

ION: I woke up at 4.20 this morning. I had slept for three hours. THREE. HOURS. I was wide awake. Then I fell asleep after listening to Harry Potter (Stephen Fry mmmh).

I'm exhausted.

Early night tonight. If I'm up after 11pm, taunt my head with a club until I'm unconscious.
    :\

Get some sleep, Finn.

*prepares bludgeoning instrument and hides above your doorway*
    A few odds and ends.

11. - Top - End - #1721
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Wh..what? Beach house?? I'm freezing up here! Darn you December summertime people...

But that plans do sound nice. I hope you and your friends have fun.

I'm exhausted.

Um, I shall agree with his Drexellency and suggest that you find a way to sleep soon. No way can 3 hours of sleep be good for a Finny.

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hrm... well, I probably could have used some anger management courses, but I never got any. *whistles nonchalantly*

I think my way of dealing with it was more masochistic than sadistic... I'd split wood, hit a punching bag (or occasionally myself (I've got a pretty good tolerance to pain), if one wasn't available), or just hit the ground with sledgehammer, etc. until I was too physically exhausted to be angry, and then I'd take a few minutes to do something relaxing and I'd be mostly alright.

All that being said, I've had almost no problems with anger at all since I've been away from home.

:\

Get some sleep, Finn.

*prepares bludgeoning instrument and hides above your doorway*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hehe, spoiler conversation on random banter. So contradictory. Well as long as you personally feel alright with dealing with your anger, that's what matters right? Classes or no classes. I kinda also went with exhausting myself for awhile, with martial arts. And not with sledgehammers. Sadly I can no longer afford the martial arts classes, so now I have to find other ways to be calm.

Glad to hear you are doing better though.

Agreed! Sleep dear Finnyfriend! *chuckles* And don't look up.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

12. - Top - End - #1722
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I generally take my anger out by punching walls. Or by drawing really angry/sad stuff. Also yelling. And crumpling papers. Works pretty well.

*snicker*

I don't know... third base? Please pardon both of my horrible jokes.
    Ye are forgiven. Third base is kind of part of the oral stage, as according to Freud. But what did he know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

13. - Top - End - #1723
    Colossus in the Playground

Ye are forgiven. Third base is kind of part of the oral stage, as according to Freud. But what did he know?
    Yes but Who's on first?

14. - Top - End - #1724
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Yes but Who's on first?
    Yes, and What's on second and I Don't Know's on third. LaZ, please. I did duo for two years. I know my Abbot and Costello.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

15. - Top - End - #1725
    Colossus in the Playground

Yes, and What's on second and I Don't Know's on third. LaZ, please. I did duo for two years. I know my Abbot and Costello.
    Welp, there goes the sails in my winds

...just noticed I did that completely backwards, but I'm just gonna leave it like this for prosperities sake.

16. - Top - End - #1726
    Ogre in the Playground

I liked coming up with that one. ^_^ But...I kinda agree with you and kinda don't. Some anger is not a bad thing, no not at all. And perhaps not sadism. But too much anger is bad, and sadism is bad for me personally. Because...

Spoiler: REAL TALK TIME
    Show
    I had to go through anger management courses when I was younger to get ahold of my temper. I was a very sweet kid while happy. But violent and short tempered at times. And even since then I have had to work on keeping myself somewhat controlled, because too much anger for me can be a bad thing. I either get ferociously angry at others, or in an attempt to not vent it at others hurt myself. Not drastically mind you! Like facepalming with a book or punching a wall, nothing terrible. But still. And that combined with my innate sadism means that when angered, I am...well not pleasant to be around. I lose my temper rarely lately. I have had years to get better. And my sweetheart helps more than anything. But I still feel it is a problem I fight with. I could easily turn into the types of criminals I so loathe if I let my anger build up too much.

So...yeah all that. Or don't read it, if too serious info is not your cup of tea. So sometimes yes, anger is something I need to let out and deal with, so that I can keep anger down to more manageable levels.

And Kneer Perfect Victory? Thanks for being wonderfully friendly. Are you an acceptor of the hugs, or shall I instead brew of the cocoa in appreciation?

Also I don't think that is the word he was thinking of. Silly Kneebles.
    Thanks for sharing. I understand where you are coming from a little better now, and can't say too much more about it than that. Facepalming with a book makes me think of "Pie Iesu Domine *whump* dona eis requiem *whump*" gigglishly. Don't forget to think of budgies nibbling your ear when the wrath climbs like a dragon in you.

High Sun Tales, can't it be both? That we have huggings and also that you brew of the cocoa? I'll take the cacao bean.

No no, I know Tight too well by now to be wrong. I know Tight better than Tight knows Tightself. Watch, I'm so right she won't even reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Knee!. Don't eat them like that! Dark chocolate is to be savored!

Ohhh...delicious sounding... I question the raisons, but otherwise?..
    You got savourable dark chocolate in your Hallowed Eve loot? What kind of swanky upscale neighbourhood were you turning tricks for treats in? This changes everything! *eats it calmly in a plush leather armchair and dressing gown*

The raisons and datts mostly broke down and made the sauce sweet and thick. You didn't really notice them individually. It was a curious mixture of flavours.

Thanks Knee, but I have heard that line from all the... People. You're going to have to be somewhat original. I could have sworn i posted a full face picture before... Hmn. Must have only been in the chat. Sorry Knee. I may PM it, may post it, or may try tog et another one because I am unable to ever be in a good picture I hate my skills at bad photos augh. >_>
    Hah! I am not alone in feeling that!
    Blast! I hate being trite! Okay, I'll pull out some stops... something about Florence Nightingale Effect, something about "did you prick your eyeball on a spindle"... it only gets worse from there I'm afraid. If you posted it before, I missed it. I would remember. ;___; GIVE ME THE IMAGES, OVINUS, GIVE THEM TO ME

Ibsen was a weird psuedo progressive thingey. I did not enjoy reading about his strange characters, dumb coincidences even Dickens would hate, and how his Victorian-diseaseofcoughingabit-Doctor whose sad inheritance of a veneral disease prevented it from just becoming a justly deserved harem play.
    Fair enough criticisms with which I don't disagree. I did see A Doll's House once with five actresses playing Nora, all in fantastical period dresses -- sometimes alone, sometimes all at once dancing around like a chorus of birds. It was an interesting exploration in style, which is its far more interesting aspect than the somewhat stale story.

It's on the left side of my left eye, so I can never even make it out well, so I can only say "kinda creepy". It goes around the top of the iris, and thats really disturbing to see, but ehhh. Avoid thinking aboot it. (ITS NOT FUN AND IT IS DEFINITELY PAINFUL.)
    The hemorrhaging itself shouldn't be painful! Alas, poor Ovis. Platitudes seem so empty, but I earnestly wish you the most comfortable recovery that is possible. I say this from the sympathy of my own recent recovery.

While I do not doubt you could make a tea-ciple out of me, Knee, I do not see myself being subjugated to that for very long. I would get ... Uhhh.. something-madness.
    Tea and Antiques Roadshow alone might start to enmadden, but when you throw cuddling and hair-stroking into the mix, it's a perfect storm of time dilation. But that Darjeeling alone is enough to convert the unconvinced, Ovis, I promise you. It is so gentle and fragrant and goes to the heart like wine.

See, I saw that opportunity, but I felt I had best not engage it. I am sad I did so.

*would facepalm but that'd be bad for eyecoverthingey, so I exhale exsaperated*
    Bwa ha ha. These reactions nourish me.

I can indeed, though I have a strong suspicion that without the occasional glance at the keys that I would make considerable errors. Alas, there was no piano in said cave, likely due to the difficulties associated with moving it in. But the singing group and string orchestra that went on tour with us both performed, and it was wonderful. No room for a concert band unfortunately...
    I am imagining how otherworldly and beautiful an experience it must have been. Do you remember what pieces they played in there? The acoustics must have been just... perfect. There's a couple of pieces I can play blindfolded, myself, and it might be nice to just tinker and noodle chordishly with the echo I imagine.

It fills me with a longing to visit that cave where somebody built a kind of organ that strikes stalactites to produce the tone.

I would have found it more odd were they in your employ, as if I am not mistaken, they are a couple with an infant. I cannot be certain as to that though as their nest is obscured behind a row of palms and located on the neighbour's air conditioner.
    And if they want food in that infant's tummy, they had better keep making regular reports on your activities. I mean, uh, it sounds cute! Are they fat fluffy doves?

I will try my best... But the bunch we've already brought down as been half eaten by my Mum, and the other bunch is currently ensconced in a bag to prevent it being eaten by fruit bats and possums.
    You remember how slaveringly eager I was last autumn spring IT'S AUTUMN, BY GEORGE, BOREALICENTRISM to see your bananas. And I got my wish eventually. But they weren't ready to eat in the picture, which is what I wanted to see. PLEASE ELEMENTAL PLEASE *bobs head wildly, squawking*

Now... I'm going to go prevail upon my Mother to drive me down to the Credit Union such that I can withdraw money for this weekend.
    And maybe get chips.
    It is important to me that you will have gotten chips. Chips cut into thicker shards and baptized darkly golden crisp, so that they rasp against each other hoarsely as you draw one steaming length out to eat. Tell me they were delicious.

Dude. I need to go visit your moon.

...how does one get there?
    That's no moon...

Oooh! What are you fine gentleman going to do out there? Beach volleyball, a few beers, then strip down to briefs and socks for a pillow fight? What fun!
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2013-11-07 at 01:52 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1727

Dimo's baking tips: (as experienced in the last 24 hours)

1. Remember to soften your butter before using it. Even a powerful hand mixer will not purée it as much as you had hoped if it's not soft.

2. When using a new oven, always double-check that it's actually preheating. It may have a feature - like, say, a start button that needs to be pressed after selecting the temperature - that your previous ovens did not have.

3. An apple-based recipe that does not include cinnamon is defective. Add cinnamon if you find yourself using such a recipe.

4. A recipe that says you can fit five sliced apples in a single pie tin is a recipe that lies.

5. If you know that you're using a lying recipe, leave yourself extra baking time beyond what the recipe says it will take. Otherwise, you may end up missing dinner while your dish is still in the oven half an hour later than it was supposed to be.

6. When using a new hand mixer, always start it outside of your batter to check the speed first. If you have unmixed ingredients, such as cinnamon, some hand mixers will send it flying into the air even at their lowest speed.

IRN: Clafouti may be a pain sometimes, but it sure is yummy.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

18. - Top - End - #1728
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Thanks for sharing. I understand where you are coming from a little better now, and can't say too much more about it than that. Facepalming with a book makes me think of "Pie Iesu Domine *whump* dona eis requiem *whump*" gigglishly. Don't forget to think of budgies nibbling your ear when the wrath climbs like a dragon in you.

High Sun Tales, can't it be both? That we have huggings and also that you brew of the cocoa? I'll take the cacao bean.

No no, I know Tight too well by now to be wrong. I know Tight better than Tight knows Tightself. Watch, I'm so right she won't even reply.
    So very much conversation the Kneebelhero posts! I tend to restrict my debate and conversation somewhat, so that I may be active in many areas of the boards at once. Erhem, anyway that is exactly what I was thinking of with the book. So the facepalming makes me think of that, which helps abate the anger. Awe budgie nibbles! I shall be certain to do so, High Lord of all the Budgies.

I can definitely go with both. I sometimes ask people what they prefer though. Teddy cares for hugs, FineUnfeatheredFinny does not, so it helps to ask. But asking for both is certainly within your power, as it is in my power to comply. *many hugs* Now, for the preparation of the cocoa! Indeed, there shall be cacao. *getting to preping*

Somehow I am completely certain of your confidence in these matters.

Ah, there is much wonderful conversation to be had with everyone here, but it is only most often with you that I am at my most verbose. You inspire this somehow, I am certain.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

19. - Top - End - #1729
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oooh. Busy years are very meh. But it's good to have time off.

I wish I still had any time off: all of it got eaten up by a wedding in California that I had to go and going to spend Christmas with my in-laws...

...something I am most definitely not looking forward to.

I've got a single day left, and I have to save that in case I get sick or we get some early snows that screw up the roads. But enough of my grousing...

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite
    2. When using a new oven, always double-check that it's actually preheating. It may have a feature - like, say, a start button that needs to be pressed after selecting the temperature - that your previous ovens did not have.
    Fallen victim to that one, ended up trying to cook a lasanga at room temperature.

6. When using a new hand mixer, always start it outside of your batter to check the speed first. If you have unmixed ingredients, such as cinnamon, some hand mixers will send it flying into the air even at their lowest speed.
    ...and that one.

...have you ever seen in older TV sitcoms where someone doesn't know what they're doing, turns on the mixer, and creates a comedic cloud of flour all over the kitchen?

It was like that...only it was powdered sugar. Took forever to clean up completely.

20. - Top - End - #1730
    Ogre in the Playground

1. Remember to soften your butter before using it. Even a powerful hand mixer will not purée it as much as you had hoped if it's not soft.

Or, make sure you set it up right, you might have read the instructions in the wrong language.
    3. An apple-based recipe that does not include cinnamon is defective. Add cinnamon if you find yourself using such a recipe.
    Or sugar-sugar makes everything better, but chocalate makes even sugar better.
    4. A recipe that says you can fit five sliced apples in a single pie tin is a recipe that lies.
    6 definately fit, though, but you are right, 5 is to many.
    5. If you know that you're using a lying recipe, leave yourself extra baking time beyond what the recipe says it will take. Otherwise, you may end up missing dinner while your dish is still in the oven half an hour later than it was supposed to be.
    How do you know if the recipe lies, or simply bends the truth to fit its own needs and no one elses?

True, so don't go sending stuff flying throughout your house. Especially pinapple, that can really hurt.
    Last edited by Duck999; 2013-11-07 at 02:27 PM.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

21. - Top - End - #1731
    Ettin in the Playground

I wish I still had any time off: all of it got eaten up by a wedding in California that I had to go and going to spend Christmas with my in-laws...

...something I am most definitely not looking forward to.
    You and I are in similar many ways...though exchange CA with ME.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

22. - Top - End - #1732

I can indeed, though I have a strong suspicion that without the occasional glance at the keys that I would make considerable errors. Alas, there was no piano in said cave, likely due to the difficulties associated with moving it in. But the singing group and string orchestra that went on tour with us both performed, and it was wonderful. No room for a concert band unfortunately...

Sorry for this... But that's ridiculous! I don't even drink six glasses of water a day! That's partly because I hate unchilled tapwater and it warms up too quickly once chilled. But still! Completely absurd! I don't even drink six glasses of concentrated fruit-flavoured sugar water!

You shouldn't do that. Claws are actually a very important part of a cat's anatomy, and if they're compromised even a little, there are many things that they can't do properly and many situations in which they become vulnerable.
    My suggestion as to what to do about a cat being on your face is the following: Stand up as though the cat isn't there and go and get a drink or something. If you're no longer stationary, you no longer come under what most cats consider suitable surfaces to sit on.
    How do your fingers know where to go on a piano anyway? There are bumps on F and on J on the keyboard. I never saw bumps on a piano.

The idea to drink six or eight glasses of water a day must have been for people outdoors. It is dry here and I do not drink five.

When I do not clip the claws for too long they tap on the floor and the other cat bleeds when they fight in play. I think that clipping is the kinder thing to do. I do NOT mean declawing. And I think it is very funny that you think the cat cares about me moving around. It does not have to get up and walk for itself and it is very happy that way. So happy it drools and then wipes its mouth on my shoulder and ear and hair.

HELLO AGAIN wonderful people I am suddenly returned after perhaps maybe a year long absence and I can't help but feel this playground is... different! Someone mind getting me up to speed on any big changes, haha?

Actually, I've never left my footprint in the random banter thread before, but I might as well come in on the 200th, right?

Yes, no, maybe... I don't know? Can you repeat the question... this poll could've been giants. =P

Hello Roc Ness! Please come and have some tea. I guess there is coffee too but it will take longer. You will have to speed me on what has changed. It all looks the same to me. And what is Oceania in the Playground?

The raisons and datts mostly broke down and made the sauce sweet and thick. You didn't really notice them individually. It was a curious mixture of flavours.

Oooh! What are you fine gentleman going to do out there? Beach volleyball, a few beers, then strip down to briefs and socks for a pillow fight? What fun!
    I will take the cocoa and not reply! That will prove something. Or not. Wait. The only winning move was not to play.

Datts?

I do not know about the volleyball and the pillow fight. He did come back from the last one hung over though. The beer is probably there.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

23. - Top - End - #1733

Fallen victim to that one, ended up trying to cook a lasanga at room temperature.
    Fortunately, I noticed before I actually put the clafouti in the oven. But it was still annoying to have to add that bit of setup time.

...and that one.

...have you ever seen in older TV sitcoms where someone doesn't know what they're doing, turns on the mixer, and creates a comedic cloud of flour all over the kitchen?

It was like that...only it was powdered sugar. Took forever to clean up completely.
    I've actually done that before as well (although with cocoa powder instead of powdered sugar). I just apparently need to learn something twice before actually learning it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Yeah, this isn't really the kind of recipe that I would add chocolate to. Although one of the actors DID tell me that I should mix Nutella into it (he's insane, though).

Well, for the amount of batter the recipe called for an apple and a half was too much.

How do you know if the recipe lies, or simply bends the truth to fit its own needs and no one elses?
    Because the recipe was not helped in any way by the lies it told. It was actually detrimental to the recipe's completion.

True, so don't go sending stuff flying throughout your house. Especially pinapple, that can really hurt.
    Especially in the eyes.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...

24. - Top - End - #1734

You and I are in similar many ways...though exchange CA with ME.
    Which reminds me...I've got to remember to hold some time off next year in reserve for another wedding in October...

Hopefully that's the only thing that demands my attention.

Hello Roc Ness! Please come and have some tea. I guess there is coffee too but it will take longer. You will have to speed me on what has changed. It all looks the same to me. And what is Oceania in the Playground?
    There used to be chat threads for geographical regions. I think they're now under the "don't do this" list of threads.

I've actually done that before as well (although with cocoa powder instead of powdered sugar). I just apparently need to learn something twice before actually learning it.
    Only a problem if it's a mistake you only get to make once: like skydiving without a parachute.

Yeah, this isn't really the kind of recipe that I would add chocolate to. Although one of the actors DID tell me that I should mix Nutella into it (he's insane, though).
    Clearly.

...you only use Nutella for desert pizzas. Anything else is sacre...sacrile...blasphemy.
    Last edited by Cristo Meyers; 2013-11-07 at 02:43 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1735
    Ettin in the Playground

Which reminds me...I've got to remember to hold some time off next year in reserve for another wedding in October...

Hopefully that's the only thing that demands my attention.
    Are you talking about my wedding, or another wedding in Octo-bear? *wiggles clawed tenticles*
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

26. - Top - End - #1736

Are you talking about my wedding, or another wedding in Octo-bear? *wiggles clawed tenticles*
    My sister's.

Another happy coincidence, it seems

27. - Top - End - #1737

I have cocoa now. So I have won. Just not against Kneenibble.

Eggs and apples got bigger over time and nobody changed their recipes. Too bad that bags of fun size apples are not the kinds of apples for baking.

Or, make sure you set it up right, you might have read the instructions in the wrong language.

I will make tea for Duck999. Just do not send it flying please.

My sister's.

Another happy coincidence, it seems
    We are about to be trapped in a romantic comedy. TheWombatofDoom has already given us the comedy mis-adventure. We do not need any more.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

28. - Top - End - #1738

We are about to be trapped in a romantic comedy. TheWombatofDoom has already given us the comedy mis-adventure. We do not need any more.
    Oh, come on! Maybe a buddy-cop dramedy? Oh! OH! A musical!

--

It's actually pretty funny. My sister's fiancee' proposed to her in a way pretty similar to the way Wombat propsed to his.

But that's his story, I don't want to steal it.

29. - Top - End - #1739
    Troll in the Playground

Baby platypoussoires! Quels mignons!

Do you think you could please photography the eggs? I'm very curious. I am such a city boy, I have never seen fresh eggs before and I want to marvel at their shape and colour. I do have a friend who lives on a farm, but he doesn't have chickens. He may have alfalfa hay though. The last time I was there we got drunk and went running through his rye field after midnight.

Thirty dollars for a quarter pound? Goodness gracious me, Cuthalion, what kind of tea are you buying? I get a very excellent single estate Darjeeling for $20 a pound. It spares me the false parsimony of putting a pinch in six cups where I would naturally put two mounded tablespoons.
    Oi ca' speakh fwencheau teau!

I am going to as soon as I locate a functioning camera.

The stuff that comes, on the low end, at 100$/lb. My parents have gotten most of those, but the one I own was around that range and he gave me a quarter pound of for free. Mango green tea, quite good.
    I am good thank you. And how are you this fine whatever time it is in California?
    I was sleeping quite well, thanks. It was about 10, 11?

O hey you. Been ages and I don't think I actually met you, just saw ye. Well, nice ta meet ye, then.

There's lots!
    *throws tantrum*
    I want the season noo-ooo-ooooow!
    What's your weapon of choice?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Now there's a face I haven't seen in a while...
    Says the person who I haven't seen in a few aeons.
    I generally take my anger out by punching walls. Or by drawing really angry/sad stuff. Also yelling. And crumpling papers. Works pretty well.
    Pillows are a really good venting source. You can punch 'em, kick 'em, throw 'em, etc. Violins, not as much. It just sounds bad if you're angry.

1. I do that all the time.
    2. Yep.
    3. Most of the time, yes.
    4. False. Apples pies are supposed to be heaped.
    5. I know, right?
    6. Yyyeeaahhh.
    How long'd it take you?
    It's actually pretty funny. My sister's fiancee' proposed to her in a way pretty similar to the way Wombat propsed to his.
    Wombat, how is this?

My brother that just got engaged did it at a mall and hid it in ice cream.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

30. - Top - End - #1740

1. I do that all the time.
    2. Yep.
    3. Most of the time, yes.
    ALWAYS. Remember, cinnamon is your friend.

4. False. Apples pies are supposed to be heaped.
    Well, I suppose if it's something where you put dough around fruit, like a pie, you could manage it, although it still wouldn't work with large apples. But this was a recipe for clafouti, which means that you lay down the fruit and then pour liquid batter around it. This causes the pan to overflow if you have more than one apple's worth of slices in there.

5. I know, right?
    6. Yyyeeaahhh.
    That was my life yesterday. And it was not the most pleasant.

ION: MY FRIEND GOT TO MEET THE VOICE ACTOR FOR UNALAQ (Legend of Korra, season 2) AND I'M DYING OF JEALOUS RIGHT NOW.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*