New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Daemon

Default Is there an Iphone OOTS Notification App?

Is there some sort of fanmade app which tells you that a new oots is up without having to log in to the app or visit the main site?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Is there an Iphone OOTS Notification App?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Is there some sort of fanmade app which tells you that a new oots is up without having to log in to the app or visit the main site?
    I've been using iGoogle. I mourn the closing of that website in 9 days and clutch my Apple products tighter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

There are tons of iphone RSS feed apps, and OotS has an RSS feed, so any RSS feed which supports sending push notifications should work.

Just a cursury search found this one. All you would need to do is download it, add the OOTS RSS feed to it, and tell it to notify you when a new strip appears.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

You could also subscribe to Rich's Twitter, as 95% of his tweets are new comic announcements.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Personally I find RSS feeds and twitter quickly clutters my screen with uninteresting information (I know I can just manage my feeds better). Maybe if I could just get an email when Rich tweets or find a good simple replacement for my missing dashboard.
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Here is what you want. You input the address of the RSS feed, your email address, and it automatically emails you when the RSS feed does. And since the OOTS RSS feed is only new comic updates, you won't get any unnecessary emails.

Technology has a solution for everything.
    Last edited by littlebum2002; 2013-10-22 at 05:02 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by littlebum2002 View Post
    Here is what you want. You input the address of the RSS feed, your email address, and it automatically emails you when the RSS feed does. And since the OOTS RSS feed is only new comic updates, you won't get any unnecessary emails.

Technology has a solution for everything.
    There we go. Any suggestions on where to get back my missing dashboard? I'd like to get my finances, news, OOTS and selected twitter feeds, like Mr. Burlew's (perhaps also some outlook email from a server I've been having trouble forwarding) with a minimum of fuss in an attractive interface.