Results 1 to 1 of 1
- Join Date
- Feb 2013
[D&D 3.5 Race] Vamcuri, Taint-touched [PEACH]
Tainted by birth, vamcur are distant decedents of unholy scions, shaped not of fiends but by the very essence of evil itself.
Physical Description: Vamcuri look human, roughly being the same height and weight, except that their appearances seem subtly off, such that many find them both attractive and repulsive simultaneously. Its not uncommon for a vamcur to have slightly pointed teeth or nails, eyes that seem to give off an eerie green glow, or portions of skin that appear to be rotting.
Alignment: Vamcuri tend towards evil and chaotic alignments, leaning more strongly to the former than the latter.
Names: As a general rule, vamcuri use human names.
VAMCUR RACIAL TRAITS
Vamcuri characters have the following racial abilities and characteristics.
- +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma, -2 Strength: Vamcuri are both witty and charming, but are not known for their physical power.
- Outsider: Vamcuri are outsiders native to the Material Plane, and thus have the outsider (native) type. They gain the extraplanar subtype when not on the Material Plane. They are not subject to spells or effects that affect only humanoids, such as charm person and dominate person.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, vamcurs have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- A vamcur's base land speed is 30 feet.
- Skills: Vamcuri have a +2 racial bonus on Bluff and Intimidate checks.
- Charm Person (Sp): A vamcur can use charm person, as the spell, once per day. His caster level is equal to his character level.
- Tainted Bloodline: Strictly for the purposes of taint, vamcuri are treated as Outsider (evil).
- Automantic Languages: Common, Abyssal. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, Halfling, and Orc.
- Favored Class: Warlock
- Level adjustment: +1.
Lesser vamcuri have the same statistics as standard vamcuri, except as listed below
- Humanoid (Planetouched): Lesser vamcuri, unlike standard vamcuri, are considered humanoids of the planetouched subtype.
- Level adjustment: +0.
The name for this race is taken from the latin word, curvam, which basically means curve. Im meaning this to mean bent, in reference to how the word is used in some of C.S. Lewis's books when describing someone.