New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Me need webcomic! (please)

So,to keep the demons of Internet boredom away,I've been reading webcomics.
    Trouble is,I read quickly,and would like some new ones. I like fantasy or comedy,or fantasycomedy.

Any suggestions? Remember,only you can keep the boredom demons away!

Before you ask,I am re-reading Oots.
    Last edited by D20ragon; 2013-10-20 at 06:34 PM.
    Washed up Gm in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenChord View Post
    This seems like a level of crazy-talk only you could accomplish.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Mick View Post
    ... I've played a few games with D20ragon as GM in the past, and I have to vouch for his skill - he's an excellent writer, his world-building is top-notch ... and his games are, while sometimes too ambitious, some of the most fun to be had on these boards.
    avatar by the marvelous asdflove

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Me need webcomic! (please)

Oh, oh, I know!

Try GenCrawl. It's a rogue-like that tries to be funny at times.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Oh, oh, I know!

Try GenCrawl. It's a rogue-like that tries to be funny at times.
    Posting our own webcomics, are we?

/hint at sig

My 100% original pixelart fantasy webcomic, Hero oh Hero.

Webcomic discussion thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...7-Hero-Oh-Hero

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by D20ragon View Post
    I've been reading webcomics... and would like some new ones.
    I like fantasy or comedy,or fantasycomedy.
    You noticed the sticky posting at the top of this forum ?
    -HaJo

FLW: Oh, no. We're being rescued. How embarrassing!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Our Little Adventure is a fantasy comedy with some darker elements at times. The art style improved on the OotS style, but OotS tend to feel more worked through. It's still a really good comic, though.

If you like the RPG system Exalted (and even if you don't; a common side effect of reading it is starting to like Exalted ), I can recommend Keychain of Creation. Again with an OotS-like art style (for the great majority of its run, anyway), it just like OotS soon makes you forget about the underlying system and enjoy the comic for what it is. Unfortunately, it's been left hanging in the middle of story arc for two years due to the author getting tendonitis. What's there is supremely good, however.

Oh, and I'm kind of assuming you've read 8-Bit Theater?
    Last edited by Weimann; 2013-10-21 at 07:48 AM.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neoriceisgood View Post
    Posting our own webcomics, are we?

/hint at sig
    Never leave out a chance to shill your own goods.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Never leave out a chance to shill your own goods.
    Sounds like good advice.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

Here are the ones I read:

OOTS: duh

Darths and Droids: tabletop RPG comic which pretends that Star Wars is a game played by 6 friends, who make up the story as they play. It changes the original dialogue and plot of the movies while keeping the same images, and actually improves the plot over the original. Notable for making Jar Jar likable.

Goblins: Another RPG comic (yeah I love these) about 5 Goblins who decide to pick PC classes to fight against the PCs who are killing them. Starts as a parody comic like OOTS, but quickly escalates into a tale of epic proportions and LOTS of deaths and drama.

Mokepon: Funny anime/game 1st generation pokemon parody, about an anti-social teenager who is forced by his mother to go on a pokemon journey, even though he would rather stay home to watch his favorite series. Very good plot and humor, but moves really slowly.

Dr. McNinja: Insane comedy/action comic about a Ninja who is also a Doctor and likes to act as Batman. Notable for having a completely crazy plot with absurd characters and still being able to have everything make sense.

xkcd: Comedic comic with nerd/geek jokes about science, language, math and the internet. It doesn't have a plot at all, and it has very minimalist art, but it's so unique and intelligent that it's worth reading.

Gunnerkrig Court: A comic about two girls studying in a Harry Potter-like board school, full of mystery, suspense, magic, and lots of weird stuff, from robots to american indian gods. Has a very thick and mysterious plot, but is not hard to understand and it's heavy on characterization, with likable characters and some good humor.

Homestuck: best webcomic ever made. Enough said.

Or if you want me to elaborate, a webcomic about 4 kids who play a game that teleports them to another dimension, and the plot quickly escalates from there, featuring aliens, time travel, multiple realities, alternate selves, apocalyptical scenarios, and the most complicated and thick plot I've ever seem in any work of fiction. Also includes a great deal of internet humor, shipping, parodies of everything you can imagine, and shenanigans. Notable for being a webcomic that is also a book that is also a series of flash animations that is also a parody of text based games. Not recommended if you are not willing of letting go of your family, friends and work for at least 2 weeks after beginning the read. Because you won't be able to stop until you finish.
    Last edited by Ninja Dragon; 2013-10-21 at 01:47 PM.