New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 41: Look! Up in the sky!

I meant I could make a minor character to be a goon.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #242
    Orc in the Playground

@C'nor: If you want them to do more with their resources, try advertising their services. Or do as I did with Pazuzu- when I wanted the Lord of the Air to build aircraft, rather than handwaving Him biplanes (which I did the first time, before I'd grown attached to Him), I asked for inventors He could contact to build them for Him. But since I haven't read the last few pages (when I left, it was the first page of this thread) my advice may be impractical.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, sure! Sounds good. How's being a squadleader sound?

Also, we tend to make... Abominations, in D&D terms. Chitin-covered soldiers with bone-swords for one arm, and a strain of werewolf mixed in to allow them to twist their form, as well as giving them lupine features normally, for instance.

What have you got in mind?

Edit:

Earl, main problem is that Remnant wouldn't be happy with it. And there's also the risk of Elexxion getting upset. Then add in the human-supremacist group and BoO's new Templars, and it gets reaaaally risky.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2013-11-04 at 07:08 PM.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey Beans, it's your turn Inside.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #245
    Orc in the Playground

If you move them to Riverside or Skyside, then those groups would have to go out of their way to pester them, or is there another issue I've not picked up on by not reading most of this thread?

6. - Top - End - #246

Hmm... I've got a couple ideas:
    1.A demonfae wizard who takes after his demonic father in appearance and with questionable morals who just wants to make money
    2.A drider artificer who loves experimenting and learning just what limits her ability to create has, and how to break them.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Skyside has the benefit of having my biotech surgeon lady on hand, unless there's large reasons for them to be not there.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Mm. 'Tis actually one reason I'm not moving them up there, Beans - The Nest seems like it would be stepping on your toes, no?

Ark, second probably works better. Would she have any modifications?

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mm. 'Tis actually one reason I'm not moving them up there, Beans - The Nest seems like it would be stepping on your toes, no?
    Uh... would it be?
    I honestly don't know.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Uh... would it be?
    I honestly don't know.
    Well, both of them do biomodding and such, true?

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Earl, main problem is that Remnant wouldn't be happy with it. And there's also the risk of Elexxion getting upset. Then add in the human-supremacist group and BoO's new Templars, and it gets reaaaally risky.
    I should probably point out here that the DX Templars don't really know what to make of magic yet as a whole, though some of their members have developed their own opinions.

They have bigger fish to fry anyway.

Now, the Extremist Dragon-Age-Edition Templars I have floating around offscreen somewhere? Those might be a problem.

EDIT: Oh, and it's still your turn in the Nest. Just so you know.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2013-11-04 at 08:05 PM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, both of them do biomodding and such, true?
    Yeah, but I figured it'd be a reason for them to work together---perhaps she's a design consultant, even if she herself isn't doing personal procedures on each combat unit?
    Last edited by Beans; 2013-11-04 at 08:31 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, but I figured it'd be a reason for them to work together---perhaps she's a design consultant, even if she herself isn't doing personal procedures on each combat unit?
    That'd work, yeah. And she could easily be used too, come to think of it; blood magic is what they use, and that has implications I've not gone into.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

That'd work, yeah. And she could easily be used too, come to think of it; blood magic is what they use, and that has implications I've not gone into.
    I'm not sure how blood magic is connected to Aoife, but okay!
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not sure how blood magic is connected to Aoife, but okay!
    It's not in itself, but they can't do patches and such as easily if they have to use the thing's blood; she'll be a much better doctor, and better at making modifications to existing people.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, that makes sense.
    I guess I'll post for her now; I was going to wait til Fuffle made his companion lady, but it might be better to have a thign set up already.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

17. - Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground

Deadtime now. Goodnight, sleep tight, it's-too-late-for-me-to-Wikipedia-a-monster bite.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    I've been thinking, dangerous I know, bit still...

Should we take down the wall for one month in real-time, nothing too drastic, just wait while the wall "undergoes repairs" or something? I love the wall, personally, but the flame wars are so many levels of not ok.
    I'll still back this course of action even if I'm the only one and even if temporary.

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    I'm opposed to trying to remove the Wall, or trying to limit people's rp freedom by trying to OOC regulate the Wall. I think most flamewars would end quickly if the person or org being IC flamed would simply not respond to Wall-trolls.

I would not object to having IC Wall-admin NPCs whose job is to regulate the Wall issuing warnings or 24 hour Wall-bans to PCs who do too much trolling.
    Much as I understand not wanting to limit RP freedom, there definitely are several such limits out in existence and many would argue favorably for these. Such things include pre-established limitations (ex. Remnant/Empire preventing RP of an Inside takeover by demonic stuffed animals), forum rules limitations (ex. graphic scenes of explicit nature), and group consensus limitations (ex. godmoding will be edited or ignored by the players involved saying not ok). Taking down the wall would be a mixture of the latter two. Not that there's a consensus currently, but not all limitations are bad.

Anyways *pokes Earl again to post in Watch cells now that he's back*

*pokes Happy to Repository *
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Remnant/Empire preventing RP of an Inside takeover by demonic stuffed animals
    What's the point, then?
    I'm leaving this place; there is nothing for me here.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Apologies once more for not posting. RL is kicking me in the rear energy wise and I've found myself severely lacking in motivation and capability to post for the most part except the rare exception every other day or so. I do hope this stops soon, but I might end up having to wait till I can actually rest (Friday or Saturday) before I can do a proper round of posts. =/

I'll try tomorrow, and please be patient. I do enjoy FFRP, just find it hard to concentrate on for the recent while.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

I've not been posting for similar reasons, sorry all. Had a horrible stomach bug. (Can't remember if I mentioned this or not.)

Anyway, Wolfbane, while you're on, what sort of thing would I need to do to get a slightly-future-tech special ops person into Remnant, both OOC and IC, if you're up to answering?

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

I'll still back this course of action even if I'm the only one and even if temporary.

Much as I understand not wanting to limit RP freedom, there definitely are several such limits out in existence and many would argue favorably for these. Such things include pre-established limitations (ex. Remnant/Empire preventing RP of an Inside takeover by demonic stuffed animals), forum rules limitations (ex. graphic scenes of explicit nature), and group consensus limitations (ex. godmoding will be edited or ignored by the players involved saying not ok). Taking down the wall would be a mixture of the latter two. Not that there's a consensus currently, but not all limitations are bad.

Anyways *pokes Earl again to post in Watch cells now that he's back*

*pokes Happy to Repository *
    Taking down the Wall would be the first time we've edited a whole public thread out of existence, even if temporarily. It just feels awfully extreme. However, if the general consensus is to shut down the Wall, I'll abide by it, even if I dislike the idea.

As for the Repository, I'm just waiting for Ghar to say its time to pull the birthing curtain.

Edit:

The Human Supremacists are no more. Their leader got assassinated, and the individuals have scattered.

As for group combat advice, I would add two things:

1. Be sure and describe your combatants and their attacks fairly regularly, or link back to their description. When you make unique biomagicengineered soldiers, no one in the fight is likely to have seen them before, and they may not have seen the post where you introduced them. The longer the fight goes on, and the more people involved, the easier it is to lose track of other people's characters. Their attacks should be described clearly in every post, even if you used the same attack a few rounds back. Even 'Bob shoots Alice' should include information about how good a shot Bob is and what sort of ammo he's using. When it's "Bob uses his special wartbugle attack", then we have to know what it is, how he uses it, who it targets, and how it would act if it was successful. This has to be included, or linked, even if it was used two pages back. In a big fight, that might have been days or weeks ago of RL time. Which brings me to...

2. If you're going to do a big combat scene, you have to post regularly. It's one thing to put a simple 3 player dungeon crawl on hold for a week or two because of a player being unavailable. But if it's a big scene that dominates a thread, one player holding up the works can pretty much spell death for the scene. I know RL happens, but it's only fair to other players not to start up something big if you know of any RL stuff coming up that's going to delay you.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

As for the Repository, I'm just waiting for Ghar to say its time to pull the birthing curtain.
    Oh, sure. Go right ahead. I totally forgot to give the go ahead for that, my bad.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

You know I've seen a lot of things in the Nexus, but I still never expected to see a goblin trying to teach a unicorn about the magic of friendship.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2013-11-05 at 06:48 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

Taking down the Wall would be the first time we've edited a whole public thread out of existence, even if temporarily. It just feels awfully extreme. However, if the general consensus is to shut down the Wall, I'll abide by it, even if I dislike the idea.
    I don't know how much point it would serve? I mean, even if we go really over the top and say that the Wall is blown up, never to return, A, it's not like someone else can't just put up another thread with the same purpose, and B, assuming no-one does, it's incredibly easy to make a bulletin board location in Inside where not only will it still have the same issues, it'll clog up another thread with it at the same time. And IC, if the venue was shut down, that's exactly what a lot of the people trolling the orgs would do - find a new one.

Also, many of the complaints are that the useful things on the Wall are being drowned out, which removing the ability to post such things won't help with.

And those saying that the Wall serves no purpose other than providing such a platform are entirely incorrect - just in my experience, two major plot arcs for my characters have started because of the Wall, the first being Karyana meeting Carrie and becoming, I believe, her first follower, and the other being Lynette meeting Felandria.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2013-11-05 at 07:20 AM.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

And those saying that the Wall serves no purpose other than providing such a platform are entirely incorrect.
    No one has ever said this at any time.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

No one has ever said this at any time.
    Hadn't they? I seemed to recall people saying that a while ago back when the idea first came up. Sorry if I was wrong.

28. - Top - End - #268

I agree with C'nor that taking down the wall is silly. Just because some people use it to troll doesn't mean they can take away the rest of our fun. I used the wall a few times and I'm going to use it again, but never for trolling.

So I just say that people should try to control themselves instead of trying to ban something which can be used for interaction.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

*pokes at Wall discussion* It should stay up. If people are having issues with Wall trolling actually bothering them, they should say so OoC, like has been done, and those playing the trolls should be polite enough to at least point it in another direction.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

You know I've seen a lot of things in the Nexus, but I still never expected to see a goblin trying to teach a unicorn about the magic of friendship.
    Are you implying that goblins are somehow unqualified on the subject of magic, friendship, or both? That's specieist.

Last edited by Morty; 2013-11-05 at 07:45 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.