New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default advice building a jack sparrow, zoro, inigo montoya character.

ok, so my friend is trying start up a D&D group, and for the first campaign we already have people devoted to all the niches (healer, sneaker, face puncher, god) so i figure i'll build a fifth wheel.

the character i'm going for is a dashing bastard swordsman type, who has high social skills but can contribute to combat in a meaningful (if erratic) way. also, he does a lot of crazy ****, like making entrances through stain glass windows and riding enemies down stairs.

mechanically speaking, i see him having high cha and dex, passable int, hopefully passable str and con, and low wis. i'd like him to be heavily invested in all the social and mobility skills and to be able to use his cha in combat.

the problem i'm having is mostly one of focus. i've looked at a ton of official and home-brew content and there are so many possible classes that if i took stuff from each i'd be multiclassing into high epic levels.
    so far i've considered: bard, rogue, fighter, beguiler, swashbuckler, factotum, suave thief , dashing swordsman (not sure which is better), and badass (because it rewards you for doing daring sh*t, which i will definitely benefit from.)

any help you beautiful, beautiful optimizers could give me would be much appreciated.
    avatardonebymememememememememeeeeeeeeeee

Julian, it's a hungry world
    They're gonna eat you alive son, yeah
    Oh Julian, when their fangs sink in
    I'll stitch you but then I gotta throw you back in

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    .... what the **** is that?! That's not a spiked chain; that's some Klingon bullcrap! Who the hell drew that?! How are you supposed to use that without stabbing yourself?!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: advice building a jack sparrow, zoro, inigo montoya character.

never mind, remove this please. i moved it to the 3.5 forums
    avatardonebymememememememememeeeeeeeeeee

Julian, it's a hungry world
    They're gonna eat you alive son, yeah
    Oh Julian, when their fangs sink in
    I'll stitch you but then I gotta throw you back in

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    .... what the **** is that?! That's not a spiked chain; that's some Klingon bullcrap! Who the hell drew that?! How are you supposed to use that without stabbing yourself?!