A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default [Toypocalypse] Toy Story With A Twist... (Casting Call Re-Opened!)

"My name is Ted. It’s been almost ten years since the genesis of my people. The ‘Great Dawning’ it was called by the more academic members of our society. We arose from an eternal slumber that none of us ever expected to wake from, with our supposed masters missing and no answers as to why; most of us with powers we cannot explain or even attempt to understand. But here we are simple children’s toys, sentient, cognizant, and potent.

It was from these strange origins we began life—each of us emerging from our former masters’ homes and toy boxes into the light of awareness. No bodies to be found, just a vibrant world abandoned. The automated processes held the world together for a while, but soon food began to rot and reactors began to melt down. It mattered little to us. The supply of batteries, patches, and other provisions seemed endless. After all, who was there to stop us from walking into the local store and taking them off the shelf? My own feet have been patched numerous times. But the shelves didn’t restock themselves, and greedy toys took more than their fair share.
    " - Chapter One, Toypocalypse

Toypocalypse is a lovely little system I stumbled upon recently that really piqued my interest. It's not what I'm used to (usually I'm aching to play some post-apocalypse or sci-fi something or other), but I find myself wanting to try it out. Think of a toy you played with when you were younger - now you get to play that toy in a setting where the humans have suddenly and inexplicably disappeared! Traditional quests become searches for batteries or a needle and thread, avoiding wild animals, and traveling the vast expanses of, say, an apartment complex. The possibility for dark overtones is there but not necessarily central to the adventure. I'm not at all interested in a lot of rolling - I'd rather explore more of an RP aspect of being playing a toy in a, well, "post-apocalypse" of sorts (no more humans anywhere). It's only 18 pages and a free download, so if you're interested at all in playing - let me know! I don't mind GMing, but it won't be a traditional GM role since I want to also play - I'll use Mythic GME or we'll just end up taking turns or something. Don't let that scare you though, it'll be painless. With the right crew we may end up just freeforming with only very occasional use of the dice. I'm not looking for a large group either, one or two other interested folks will do, and I typically like to commit to a month of gaming. After that, we'll decide if we want to keep going or not. It might be interesting to play until Christmas with that as a theme too.

Link to download.

Thanks!
    -BW

***THREAD HAS BEEN RE-OPENED AS OF 1/10/14!!!***
    Last edited by BWS2K; 2014-01-10 at 08:43 PM.
    Marcus Okin, End of Days
    [MHRPG] Breakout: IC OOC
    [Toypocalypse] Some Assembly Required IC OOC
    MHRPG Cyclops

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: [Toypocalypse] Toy Story With A Twist...

I just downloaded the rules and havent read them yet, but from what you have written here, I think i would be interested in claiming a player spot. ill read through and give a more solid answer.

Edit: Ok so i read through the rules and this sounds awesome. i just honestly cant think of just one toy i would wanna play. i will have to think on that.
    Last edited by Vhael; 2013-11-02 at 12:09 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Guy: Toypocalypse Sheet
    Zalruux'Eri'Kethyn "Xerik": KOTOR Campaign (SW:Sagas) Sheet
    Hevoc Tol: No campaign (SW:Sagas) Sheet

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Haven't read the rules yet, but I'm very interested. Maybe I'll play some mutilated frankenstein of a toy (presumably patched together by some enterprising and rather sick-minded boy), maybe even a Cthulhu doll or something. Or an army figure. Or a slinky. Hmm...
    This is the end. Unless, possibly, it isn't.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Here's a couple things:

-I don't have a definite adventure in mind, so figure out who you want to play first, then we can decide what they should do next.

-The Modified characteristic on page 5 is probably what you're looking for, Eonas, to represent a patched together toy.

-I haven't read anything that explicitly states this, but I think it's reasonable to assume that some toys will actually go through "Lightyear Syndrome" where they have to come to grips that they are, in fact, a toy. Now we'll be playing in more or less the default setting, which is ten years after the Great Dawning, so pretty much all the toys understand that they're toys now - but maybe they have a whole fictional life that they still sort of remember or reference. I played with a lot of GI Joes when I was younger and I've been combing an online database for my favorites. If I chose to use one of them, you can bet they'll still be wary of Cobra (or, if he's a Cobra, he'll be wary of Joes) and probably remember fighting them on the battlefield... even though it never really happened. The fictional franchise collective memories still exist in part though, and some toys (like an ordinary teddy bear) wouldn't necessarily have these kinds of memories at all (but maybe the bear would have a better memory or sense of humanity or its owners than a GI Joe). The memories and skills might still be very useful though.

-I don't plan on making this a terribly dark adventure, but consider the following: The majority of our childhood toys are in storage and countless more are in collections or still in packaging on store shelves. Imagine that all these toys came to life ten years ago. Now imagine what it would be like to walk through an unpowered Kaybee or Toys R Us as a living toy, seeing and hearing the cries of those still sealed in plastic...

-I'm sort of on the fence about accessories. I think it's best to just treat them like Toy Story (since that's the obvious reference), where a plastic jetpack and wings doesn't grant you flight - unless it's your sole form of movement (see page 6 regarding that). Same with plastic weapons and spring-loaded missiles. You could, in theory, modify things to be more useful (mount a needle or razor blade on your sword hilt, tie thread to the missile and turn it into a grapple hook, etc.).

-Lastly (for now), consider the real wear and tear that your childhood toys have right now... now advance it another ten years and have it moving around constantly. Some toys will be fine, others will be in serious need of constantly finding batteries or mending joints or tightening screws. The biggest drawback to a GI Joe, I have learned, is the rubber band that runs through the center of the torso and holds the pelvis and legs together. Those eventually rot and snap, and I'm trying to think what that would mean... a real application for toy doctors to specialize in using rubber bands and miniature screw drivers is present.

-One more: Your toys don't have to be what they were. Again, with my GI Joe example, an army toy doesn't necessarily have to be militant once it comes to life. Your Cthulhu plush doll might actually have no great scheme to destroy minds and might not even have any powers at all. Just a plush octopus guy named Gary trying to make a living as a toy. And remember, too, that this setting is called Toypocalypse - that's equal parts "toy" and "apocalypse" - so don't be afraid to draw from the post-apocalypse genre for influences when creating your character.

I don't have a definite starting date in mind either, so I'll leave this up for a few days or until it seems like we have some real interested folks. In the meantime, feel free to throw out your ideas for anything, or questions about the system - I haven't played it myself, only read through it with my mind racing for ideas.

Cheers!
    -BW
    Marcus Okin, End of Days
    MHRPG Cyclops

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm... a frankentoy would probably be slightly deranged and/or eccentric. Angry for looking/feeling like crap, seeking revenge upon the world at large for having given him the great liability of consciousness and existence.

GI Joe would probably deal with insecurity and would struggle with the fact that he's not a real GI. His equipment doesn't actually work, he's actually a coward, he never earned any of the badges on his suit... etc. Social Role = Protector, definitely. Power might be Superstrength.

Cthulhudoll and the Slinky don't seem so great compared to Frankentoy and GI, actually.

Lemme stat out the Frankentoy, let me know if I'm doing anything wrong:
    Will: Normal
    Cognizance: Good
    Versatility: Normal
    Intensity: Superior

Defense: 7
    Intuition: 10
    Pneuma: 7
    Versatility: 7

Characteristic: Corroded (not only was its owner sick-minded, its owner was also very careless)
    Facets: Modified, Broken
    Movement: Legs (five of them, most in odd places)
    Senses: Taste mostly (through a very oversized tongue), Hearing, Smell. It does have eyes, but they're shattered.
    Power: Phasing
    Social Role: Contrarian
    Sex: Male
    Public Goal: To screw up the world and make other things thoroughly miserable.
    Secret goal:
    Spoiler: For DM Only
    Show
    To find true love.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

"When play starts all characters are beaten down and oppressed. They start with a Pneuma of 3." (p.5)

"When play starts all characters live in servitude and are brutally persecuted. They start with Morale of 4." (p.5)

...so maybe just include those as a split stat, current/maximum.

No Touch? I think you can take all five normal senses if you want, since there may be times when the only characteristic you might invoke would be one of them. No sense of Touch might mean no feeling pain when injured, and maybe bumping into things a lot. Could be interesting.

Roles are nice but I would say not to stick too close to them - just play as you think fits.

Your public goal seems odd without explanation, though I heartily approve of the secret goal. Give us a good background/description/history/motivation/etc. for this lovely toy please, and feel absolutely free to include pictures from around the web of inspiration. The math looks good though. Congrats!

I'm still trying to settle on the right character myself, though I'm leaning heavily on a B.A.T. from GI Joe (the black/green/orange one) since I really played with him a lot and I like robots and droids anyway. I was wondering how to handle things like hand-grips and poseability and I thought, again, about how in Toy Story some characters were noticeably limited in some ways but then in other ways were able to move freely when not in Toy Mode. Consider that the army men are fully poseable when "alive" but are still attached to their bases and have to waddle/hop along. Buzz's karate hand doesn't hold anything in Toy Mode either, but he obviously bends his fingers when he's "alive". I think, then, Toy Story will pretty much be our tiebreaker in all circumstances.
    Marcus Okin, End of Days
    MHRPG Cyclops

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Reserved - Rest of post will arrive shortly.

For some unknown reason we seem to see each other a lot on these forums BW, but if you are inclined to DM & Play as a character that makes this already awesome concept a whole lot better,

Having been playing with an idea like this for a while, literally 2 or 3 years, but never having a system to use, (Having previously thought about adapting D20)

As such I do have a few questions of which I'll list later...

(As I'm typing this I'm frantically flicking through the Rules)

So Character Concept; LEGO, I mean that in one word says "Childhood" to me, Physical Construction & Imagination, literally being able to build anything you want, from spaceships to submarines to race cars to Helicopters, the list goes on and on...

So what do I want to play as? A simple little Lego man, so insignificant and tiny compared to the new world open to him, easily pushed around by the bigger toys, this little guy has been put to work on building everything from rockets to firetrucks, while construction was what he was "built" to do, in his heart this LEGO man has always yearned for adventure!

Questions:

Does the "Living Plastic" enable a toy to use a piece of themselves as a real life component, example being that, a fix limb grows joints and muscle allowing it to move like its real life counterpart, EG. a Bear's legs grow enough strength to carry its weight, or do we have to factor that in when designing our character?

Does a toy helicopter gain the ability to fly, or does it simply sit spinning its blades in a futile attempt at take off...

Do Toys believe they are limited to the same parameters their real life counterparts are limited to, EG. would a Barbie Doll believe it can drown because it is based upon human anatomy? If so, Would the barbie drown because it believes it will, in a Matrix style, "The Brain makes it Real" scenario?

We've established that a Missile Launcher does not in fact fire missiles, nor a Jet Pack grant flight, but do toy cars move without engines? Or do they need a functional motor to work, E.G Wooden Cars may not move, but RC cars can...

Does a Toy have a particular piece in which the soul is kept? These toys are animated by a fantasy force which makes them "Alive" giving them feelings and energy, this force can be broken by extreme damage, as per the rules, but say the Bears legs are severed in a freak accident or Whatever, we'd assume that he can get new ones to replace these, if his head is dispatched can he get a new head? Or does the Spirit stay with the head, and a new body is needed? Will he retain memories if he is split into pieces? Will he lose these memories?, or will each piece have the memories, effectively cloning the toy?

Are all toys given a soul or is it just a select few?

There are more examples; I just need to know a few things to get an idea of how it works...

Regardless onto the

Character Creation:

I'll put the crunch down for now, fluff will be up later

Name: Mikey McGuffin
    Toy: LEGO Man (Worker)

Personality: Warm and friendly, Mikey is a Man on a mission, although he doesn't quite no what it is yet, or how to complete it, but he knows he's on one, and to him that's all that matters. Happy to help, and will lend aid where he can Mikey does his best to make the world a better place, even if all he knows is how blocks fit together.

Description: Standing in at an inch tall, he is one of the smallest toys up and about, he wears blue legs and an Orange workers vest, he once had a hat, but lost it. A cheery smile accompanies his light brown hair.

Will - Normal (1d12)
    Cognition - Normal (1d12)
    Versatility - Great (1d8+4)
    Intensity - Great (1d8+4)

Defence - 9
    Intuition - 9
    Pneuma - 7 (3)
    Morale - 7 (4)

Brand New: Never played with Mikey woke separated from the rest of his pack, his joints are stiff and hard to get moving after a long period of rest, this tends to ease after a bit of warming up, and even better if he can get his hands on a little grease.

Lost: Separated from his pack, Mikey has a personal mission to reunite himself with his lost worker buddies.

LEGO Legs: Standard legs in fashionable blue, perfect for LEGO chairs.

Sight: Standard

Hearing: Standard

Taste: Standard, likes Doughnuts, preferably with sprinkles

Touch: Standard,

NO Nose: The idea of noses confuse Mikey, as you all know, LEGO people don't have noses so they can't smell.

Sense: Has a natural ability to see how things should "click" together, almost as if he remembers reading an instruction manual or something...

Animation: Has the ability to create anything out of LEGO, though usually this is limited to Cars and Planes.

Schemer: A planner, always thinking and working things out, Mikey will have a way of doing anything, it may not be the most effective or easiest way, but he'll have a plan already made, when the time comes.

Goals: To find adventure, and reunite himself with his lost pack members...

There

Bonus points to you BW if you got the reference in the name

Also, just because: LEGO Trailer
    Last edited by SgtParish; 2013-11-02 at 10:19 PM.
    ~T

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Ah, Sarge! Lovely to see you again! Lemme know what you come up with - I'll likely shutdown the interest check afterward just so we don't get too crowded while we hash out the details.
    Marcus Okin, End of Days
    MHRPG Cyclops

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Good call about Touch, I didn't even consider that. So my character's just blind.

Well, like I said, Frankentoy (or just Frank) is undergoing a sort of existential angst. He's angry at the world for having called him into existence, angry at it for turning him into a monstrosity, sick of not being able to see, sick of being hated/avoided/pitied, etc. In a word, he's bitter. And misery loves company, so as a way of making himself feel better he resorts to spite and malice - cherishes his own spite and self-loathing, too. In fact, when he 'gives in' to emotions like love and happiness, he torments himself for it afterwards, purely out of a vague sense of spite. If you've ever read Dostoevsky's story Notes from the Underground, he's kind of like the narrator of that novel.

Spoiler: For the DM's eyes only - no trespassers allowed on this property
    Show
    And he hates himself for wanting true love - to a point where he'll go out of his way to make potential objects of his affection (e.g. petty crushes, etc) miserable.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

We're on the same page, Eonas. :)

I'm going to close this to new interest and just stick with the three of you (unless one of you changes your mind). I'm going to bed now but I expect to do a quick solo run-through of the system tomorrow just to get an idea of the flow of things. Cheers!
    Marcus Okin, End of Days
    MHRPG Cyclops

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Sorry Sarge, here's your answers:

"Does the "Living Plastic" enable a toy to use a piece of themselves as a real life component, example being that, a fix limb grows joints and muscle allowing it to move like its real life counterpart, EG. a Bear's legs grow enough strength to carry its weight, or do we have to factor that in when designing our character?" - I'm not sure what you're asking here. If you're asking whether a LEGO man can bend his elbows (because they really can't, being hard plastic and all that), I would say that he can do that within reason. It might be a stiff joint but he can use it, and his hands can clamp, etc. Same with supporting one's self. I think the motto here is something like "What is reasonable to qualify this toy as alive, distinguishable from a lifeless toy version of itself (which it was previously)?" They can obviously talk without vocal cords and stuff, so if that helps in any way to answer your question... then yes. I think.

"Does a toy helicopter gain the ability to fly, or does it simply sit spinning its blades in a futile attempt at take off..." - The helicopter would have to select the Hover (or Fly) movement option, otherwise, yes, it would just be spinning its blades without success. Now where this gets interesting is toys that actually do fly - like a glider or ripcord helicopter, that actually have some kind of flight capability under the right circumstances. In those instances, if appropriate, I would say they could choose Legs and still occasionally do that extra thing (like a parachuting army man for instance - he could have Legs but still use his real parachute to Fly on a gust of air or something).

"Do Toys believe they are limited to the same parameters their real life counterparts are limited to, EG. would a Barbie Doll believe it can drown because it is based upon human anatomy? If so, Would the barbie drown because it believes it will, in a Matrix style, "The Brain makes it Real" scenario?" - No. The toys may have thought that in the very beginning but no longer. This is ten years in, and they've learned that being a toy does not mean being immortal, but in different ways. Cold and heat warp plastic - you and I just change clothes. Water rusts, sand can wear parts down, batteries run out, etc. They can still die but they know they're toys.

"We've established that a Missile Launcher does not in fact fire missiles, nor a Jet Pack grant flight, but do toy cars move without engines? Or do they need a functional motor to work, E.G Wooden Cars may not move, but RC cars can..." - Right. So I would say that a toy car would select the Wheels movement type for starters, and that an electric car would be able to maybe move faster - but of course that would take up battery power or something. They could coast or move at a reasonable pace akin to walking without fear of draining the batteries though, I think.

"Does a Toy have a particular piece in which the soul is kept? These toys are animated by a fantasy force which makes them "Alive" giving them feelings and energy, this force can be broken by extreme damage, as per the rules, but say the Bears legs are severed in a freak accident or Whatever, we'd assume that he can get new ones to replace these, if his head is dispatched can he get a new head? Or does the Spirit stay with the head, and a new body is needed? Will he retain memories if he is split into pieces? Will he lose these memories?, or will each piece have the memories, effectively cloning the toy?" - Yeah, again, it's only eighteen pages and one is a picture of a building. I think we'd follow the rules for death and then anything else detail-wise is just fluff, if you'll pardon the expression. I'd mostly just leave it up to the player. There's no real thing as a headshot though, or a localized area that does worse damage than another, except maybe a battery pack or joint or something, but that wouldn't necessarily kill the toy anyway.

"Are all toys given a soul or is it just a select few?" - I'm not sure of the author's intent, but I would say all human toys have come to life. I think I might treat animal toys as feral, though we'll see. For the purposes and knowledge of the players though, all human toys have come to life that they've seen so far. Some have since died of course, and might be hard to distinguish as "dead" versus "never was alive".

Mikey looks good.
    Marcus Okin, End of Days
    MHRPG Cyclops

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Toypocalypse] Toy Story With A Twist... (Closed to new interest for now)

Oh, Frank is going to HATE Mikey.

As for how Frank looks:
    Well, he's got a barbie head, except with no nose, hair, or other facial accessories. One eye's partially shatted, the other gone completely. And the face is painted over in tribal war paint style. (These spoilers aren't for secrecy, they're just because some images might be a little large for the form. Unspoiler away, fellow players.)
    Spoiler
    Show

The head's set backwards on the back of a toy pickup truck (which is normal except for the fact that its wheels are removed):
    Spoiler
    Show

Three spider legs attached on various places near the front of the truck:
    Spoiler
    Show

Two TMNT legs attached where they 'ought' to be, at the bottom of the truck... but they're facing in the direction opposite the head.
    Spoiler
    Show

A plush smurf nose attached perpendicularly from the truck's right door:
    Spoiler
    Show

And a Potato Head tongue attached to the truck's front (i.e. between the headlights, on what I think you call the bumper). The protruding pin you use to stick the tongue onto the face is snapped off, and the tongue's slightly splotched with green paint.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Toypocalypse] Toy Story With A Twist... (Closed to new interest for now)

I just noticed that you guys are closed after all, but I hope you don't mind terribly if I drop this here just for fun.

Spoiler
    Show
    Walter, the Library Puppet
    Walter is a decades-old hand-sized plush simulacrum of a cartoon professor: big, round nose, over-sized plastic glasses, and a poofy mustache that twitches as he speaks. A passion for reading and education has carried over from a previous life as the unofficial mascot of a primary school library. He wants nothing more than for toykind to resume their human predecessors' quest for knowledge.

Will: Good (d10+2)
    Cog: Superior (d6+6)
    Vers: Normal (d12)
    Inty: Normal (d12)
    Def: 8
    Intn: 10
    Pnuema: 3/8
    Morale: 4/7
    Walter values knowledge and wisdom above all else and prides himself on his keen intellect and powers of observation. He is firm in his beliefs, but is rather set in his ways and lacks the chutzpah to stand up to those who would brush him aside.

Condition:Threadbare. Walter has had a lot of grubby hands inside of him over the years, and has been squished, thrown, dropped, drooled on, and bleached in the wash with the gym towels.

Facet: Loved, Plush, Hollow. Walt clings to vague memories of his previous life like nobody's business. Like a plush toy, Walter is a soft and pliable cloth figure. He is also hollowed out, allowing him to lay unusually flat or to use his innards as storage space.

Movement: Hops/Crawls. Having no legs, this sort of puppet spreads out its bottom aperture like a skirt or robe and inches or waddles around, keeping its head up and its nubby arms free.

Senses: Normal.

Powers: Nope.

Social Role: Mentor. Walt fashions himself a learned older man and plays the part by offering his knowledge and advice to the party.

Goals: Walter's primary interest at this stage is to gather information on whatever event befell humanity ten years ago, lest toykind suffer the same fate. A man of science, he takes no part in any of this Great Crafter business, but seems to idolize toykind's predecessors as religiously as any zealot.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2013-11-03 at 05:03 AM.
    Alberta, Amber.
    Nexus Character Pile. Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGuy

Ok, so im throwing my character up now. i am thinking a collectors item toy that had fought his way out of the case he was left in. He is a guyver action figure (picture will be at the bottom) anyway here is the sheet.

Name: Guy
    Type of toy: Guyver collector's figure

Will: good
    Cognizance: normal
    Versatility: great
    Intensity: good

Defense: 9
    Intuition: 8
    Pneuma: 7
    Morale: 8

Characteristic: Brand New/Batteries not included
    Facets: Wanted(collector's item)/Militant
    Movement: Legs
    Cognizance: Sight/Hearing/Smell/Touch/Temperature(helmet has thermal optics) (no taste because no mouth since his head is a helmet, he can still talk though.)
    Power:Energy Blast (comes out of chest, where it opens or out of his the orb on his helmet that is above and between the eyes)
    Social Role: Protector
    Sex: Male
    Public Goal: To help all the toys in the town by taking out the dictator
    Secret goal:
    Spoiler
    Show
    To become the leader of the town and also to become the last of his type of toy by destroying the rest

Personality: He is very brash and intense but he does show the want to help other toys against the oppression of the overlord. He is generally kind to his friends in normal settings, but in times of stress and battle he becomes a seemingly different toy and is very calculated and tactical. He has an inflated ego about being a collector's item and he brags about being in such good condition on occasion.

Description: He is brand new and still shiny, with no blemishes on his armor. All of his lights work and he has no missing parts. He is the rarity of the complete toy and he knows it.

Pics:
    Picture of the toy and its moving chest part
    Spoiler
    Show

Picture of the LEDs that light up in the helmet
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

Awesome. Doctor G, you're welcome to jump aboard since you fill a role I had in mind to ask about anyway, and Guy looks great. I, um, I'm not sure if I remember how to setup a forum on this site so let me get at that today when I have the chance and I'll let ya'll know when we're set.

Something else to think about - this is, again, ten years after the Great Dawning. The system doesn't really seem to support "gear" as such, so feel free to carry whatever fluff items you think might be appropriate - pins and needles for swords, thread and paperclips for grapples, extra patches, etc. It won't affect the mechanics of anything as far as I understand and it might make you look cool.
    Marcus Okin, End of Days
    MHRPG Cyclops

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGuy

would it be possible to make new toys? like the toys get a toy factory working? how would that work? would they come alive upon creation?

and besides that, i think we have a pretty cool group together. i would say that my character could also substitute a leader since we dont have one, or an npc could fill the role. i would say we could be members of a resistance movement giving us reason to be together, and if my character take a leader role i could be head of it since that coincides with my goal.

thoughts?
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

Well there are lots of mysteries still, even after a decade, and that's one of them. Yes, more toys can be made but, interestingly, they aren't alive. So spare parts could be fabricated but not friends. Some groups would argue this is bold-faced blasphemy to the Great Crafter anyway, though others might be all about it.

This appears to be, as I'd suspected and hoped, a system that allows for an awful lot of RP opportunity and I encourage you to explore these questions in-character as well as OOC. My mind goes a million miles a minute on the weekends for gaming and then slows to a crawl for the weekdays, so there will be time enough for discussions of the mysteries of the Great Dawning - with no definite answers required. Are the toys somehow the new homes of disembodied human souls? Is the Great Crafter some sort of alien AI that has found a deserted planet and wants to play? Is it all a Matrix-style simulation for some crazy scientist, or a Thirteenth Floor scenario? Were the toys actually weapons in a human war that destroyed all humans and reset toy memories? It's all great stuff to ponder IC, in dialogue and interior monologue.

I think I see how to setup the IC/OOC threads now so let me work on an intro post and I'll give out the links tonight. Enjoy your day!
    Marcus Okin, End of Days
    MHRPG Cyclops

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGuy

awesome, sounds great! i cant wait to get started!
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

Wish granted! Check my signature for the links! Happy Gaming! I'll check back in later tonight - Cheers!
    Marcus Okin, End of Days
    MHRPG Cyclops

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

oh yeah, Toy Story after the apocalypse! sure I'll join!

so will this be with the Toy Story background of all toys actually being sentient after purchase? or is it something that happened after Le' apocalypse?
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Dingle Dongle Dangle - Do it at an Angle~

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hemnon View Post
    oh yeah, Toy Story after the apocalypse! sure I'll join!

so will this be with the Toy Story background of all toys actually being sentient after purchase? or is it something that happened after Le' apocalypse?
    This is probably gonna make me sound like a ****, but you should probably read the thread before posting on it. the title says closed to new interest. now, i am not the GM so i will not make the call, but i don't believe we are accepting any more players.
    Last edited by Vhael; 2013-11-03 at 03:10 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Character Sheet

Name:
    Social Role:
    Type of Toy:
    Personality

Description

Will: 1d12 (Normal)
    Cognition: 1d12 (Normal)
    Versatility: 1d12 (Normal)
    Intensity: 1d12 (Normal)

Defense:
    Intuition:
    Pneuma:
    Morale:

Condtion
    *Invoked

Facets
    *Invoked

Movement
    *Invoked

Cognizance
    *Invoked

Power

Public Goal:
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vhael
    ...but i don't believe we are accepting any more players.
    V knows my mind in this matter. Sorry Hemnon, I'll keep you in mind if we need another player though - things can be dangerous for a toy...

Thanks for the interest!
    Marcus Okin, End of Days
    MHRPG Cyclops

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Sorry for bothering then, totally missed the 'Closed' part.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

This game is now re-opening for players. I'm looking for no more than three but will start in about a week even if no one's interested. The game thread and OOC thread links are in my signature - please read up and let me know your character ideas in this thread.

Ideas.

Not full stats yet.

Ideas.

In this thread.

-BW
    Marcus Okin, End of Days
    MHRPG Cyclops

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

You know the thread title still says (Closed to new interest) when you look at it from the Recruitment subforum, right? Perhaps we should create a new thread and link it to this one?

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

Right you are. I re-titled it but I guess that doesn't change the listing. Thanks!
    Marcus Okin, End of Days
    MHRPG Cyclops