New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default [PF] I Want to add Weapon Focus and specialization to the list of combat style feats

I really think that it would make a lot of sense if weapon focus(bow) and Weapon specialization(Bow) were added to the list of archery combat style feats. What do you think? Is there a specific reason why they are not present? would the ranger became over powered with weapon specialization?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [PF] I Want to add Weapon Focus and specialization to the list of combat style fe

Quote Originally Posted by Red Bear View Post
    Is there a specific reason why they are not present? would the ranger became over powered with weapon specialization?
    1. Presumably because they're not specific to archery. There's no particular reason why an archer could take Weapon Focus and not a dual-wielder, and letting everyone pick the same feats would just turn ranger into fighter.
    2. Both feats are very weak, so no.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [PF] I Want to add Weapon Focus and specialization to the list of combat style fe

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    1. Presumably because they're not specific to archery. There's no particular reason why an archer could take Weapon Focus and not a dual-wielder, and letting everyone pick the same feats would just turn ranger into fighter.
    The idea was that you should have the possibility to take weapon focus and specialization only with the weapon related to your style. For example a bow for archery, a crossbow for crossbow, lance for mounted combat etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    2. Both feats are very weak, so no.
    Thank you for your answer.