A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Has Anyone Ever Used Pearl?

Just recently I've come across something called Pearl, which lets you submit questions to "experts" in a variety of fields, for fees which start in the $15-30 range.

The site itself is apparently a legitimate business rather than a scam, but I'm still leery of paying to have questions answered--and especially of the credentials of these designated "experts," who don't seem to use their full names.

Has anyone ever used this service, and is it remotely helpful or worthwhile?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Has Anyone Ever Used Pearl?

Or you can use Quora/StackExchange and get good answers for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

If anyone has any personal experience with Pearl, I'd like to hear about it.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    If anyone has any personal experience with Pearl, I'd like to hear about it.
    Pearl sounds like nothing short of a scam. Having worked with a good number of experts in various fields and never having heard of Pearl until now, I would be highly dubious of the quality of experts they provide.

Also, what flickerdart said. Stack exchange FTW. You will find real experts that frequent that site and answer questions for free.

But if you would rather pay money to find this hidden group of experts that will answer all your questions for just one easy payment, I suppose that is your prerogative.
    Hello, I'm Finlam: content creator for D&D5e and writer.
    Playable Slimes for D&D5e
    >>>So You Want To Be A Slime?<<<

5eHeroic - Make high level D&D feel heroic and fun again.

-Game Content-
    Roleplay Warm-up - Exercises to get into Character
    3 Traps to Get Your Players Excited
    GM's Easy Creation Kit (G.E.C.K.)

-Character Builds-
    Building a Super SAD Tank - Using a Paladin/Hexblade to build an unstoppable tank.

Let's chat sometime.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by Subproject54
    But if you would rather pay money to find this hidden group of experts that will answer all your questions for just one easy payment, I suppose that is your prerogative.
    I don't understand why you feel the need for this tone, which is hardly friendly or helpful. I have my own doubts about Pearl, which is why I'm asking if anyone's had any personal experience with the site themselves. You don't seem to.