A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 333
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Milo v3's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    I am amazingly curious about how someone would stat me up.

    Hmm... Wonder if I could get Hoody C17's permission....
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Zombulian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Arcata, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    ...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeds View Post
    Caster backstories require a reason as to why they can cast spells. Wizards study hard to learn spells. Sorcerers often learn of their powers and then hone them through traveling. Clerics use piety to find the gift of spells through the gods or their ideals. Druids shun deodorant until a riding dog appears and they learn Entangle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Zom, my imaginary hat is off to you. *Horns? *What horns? *It's just an unusual hairstyle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    There are certain advantages to a game being as badly written as 3.5.

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ravens_cry's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel_Dude View Post
    A giant thread that's just all the "regular" members patting each other on the back, and affirmation for people who wonder if they are considered one? What is this, the Flood forum (I'm... I'm the only one that gets that reference...)?

    Sounds like fun.
    I am not sure the phrase that was removed was exactly forum appropriate. . .
    Last edited by Ravens_cry; 2013-11-08 at 01:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    I am not sure the phrase '[word redacted]' is exactly forum appropriate. . .
    It's probably not. I'll change it in a sec. More appropriate language, but I still think the sentiment was better conveyed previously.

    Meh.
    Last edited by Squirrel_Dude; 2013-11-08 at 01:18 AM. Reason: I changed it.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ravens_cry's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel_Dude View Post
    It's probably not. I'll change it in a sec. More appropriate language, but I still think the sentiment was better conveyed previously.

    Meh.
    It probably was, but given the meaning and origin. . .
    I have also edited the quote with your changed version.
    Last edited by Ravens_cry; 2013-11-08 at 01:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    I feel like a lot of the optimizers wouldn't necessarily be running optimized builds themselves, but builds that fit the theme of knowledge or study or knowing. The type of people that would be capable of poring through tomes and tomes of information and understanding and remembering all of it. So, like, loremasters and cloistered clerics and the like.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kennisiou View Post
    I feel like a lot of the optimizers wouldn't necessarily be running optimized builds themselves, but builds that fit the theme of knowledge or study or knowing. The type of people that would be capable of poring through tomes and tomes of information and understanding and remembering all of it. So, like, loremasters and cloistered clerics and the like.
    So, optimized builds?
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Thiyr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    On the one hand, I find this concept terribly interesting. On the other, I fully recognize that I'm not nearly...pervasive enough to be of interest. If anyone wants to take up the challenge, have at. Either way, I think I'll take up the challenge of creating a Fax.

    Fax Celestis
    LN Intermediate Deity

    Portfolio: Diggles, Revision, Violins

    Domains: Animal, Craft, Kobold (Diggle), Moon

    Blade in hand, Fax took his first steps into the Dungeon, seeking to prevent the escape of even more of this dread evil. In the distance, a yellow beast, its drilling probiscus sharp and thirsty for blood. He kicked at a nearby door, wishing to leave the creature to its nest. Unfortunately, his toes broke. The last words he would hear before the creatuer impaled him would be, simply, "I hate you so much".

    But Fax was not slated to die that day. Instead, he rose up empowered. His body capable of assuming the form these spiteful creatures, he found himself uniquely suited to the environ in which he was felled, and its reconstruction. Laying eggs was a small price to pay.

    As the dungeon was reshaped to his whimsy, Fax delved deeper, eventually facing a dread lich in single combat. The lich had hidden away artifacts of great power. In grand drunken tradition, Fax blindly activated one of them, and was ascended to Godhood, granting him dominion over even basic laws of reality.

    He was still stuck with the eggs.

    Fax's followers are both numerous and short-lived. Many seek to follow in his steps as pilgrimage, with most ending their journey at that same first door. They bring tithes of lutefisk, and seek to petition him for how they would like to see the world changed...and how soon. Even to those who convince him their revisions need be made real, however, there is always one thing he can be known to say: "It will be done when its done."
    The Complete Warrior rules on losing prerequisites for a PrC apply to all books. This bothers me enough to sig it. If you disagree, please PM me, I'm down with being proven wrong.


    Steam: Thiyr (The Great and Powerful Bulbasaur).
    SC2: RianL.377. Hit me up for some SC2 if you're on.

    Bulbabulbabulbabulba...SAUR.

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Quote Originally Posted by DMofDarkness View Post
    So, optimized builds?
    I don't think Loremaster is a particularly optimization-heavy class. Entry requirements are a bit strict and it doesn't pay off that much better than being straight wizard/straight cleric. It's generally better than straight wiz/cleric/sorc, but optimization isn't about being generally better, it's about being generally best and I doubt Loremaster has a place on most builds that aren't thematically required to be Loremasters.

    Cloistered Cleric is boss as bosses, though, yeah.

    Edit: Also, I doubt they'd be super heavy into optimizing domains if we're going for theming > power. Planning domain would make sense, as would knowledge, but I doubt they'd then go on to take, say, undeath or something strong like that which helps with divine metamagic.
    Last edited by Kennisiou; 2013-11-08 at 01:37 AM.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kennisiou View Post
    I don't think Loremaster is a particularly optimization-heavy class. Entry requirements are a bit strict and it doesn't pay off that much better than being straight wizard/straight cleric. It's generally better than straight wiz/cleric/sorc, but optimization isn't about being generally better, it's about being generally best and I doubt Loremaster has a place on most builds that aren't thematically required to be Loremasters.

    Cloistered Cleric is boss as bosses, though, yeah.

    Edit: Also, I doubt they'd be super heavy into optimizing domains if we're going for theming > power. Planning domain would make sense, as would knowledge, but I doubt they'd then go on to take, say, undeath or something strong like that which helps with divine metamagic.
    For Loremaster, I didn't think you meant the actual class. I thought you meant characters that use divinations to know stuff ahead of time. Also, Domains are only really useful to deities for their domain sense, in which case, Planning and Knowledge domains are significantly more powerful in a general sense than, say, undeath or something that helps mortals with divine metamagic.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    I'll probably work on statting people up tomorrow...

    I really want to see a stat-block for Jade_Tarem, though....

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Missouri, USA.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Just started reading all of the comments and this sounds rather fun and I like what I'm seeing!

    Now, I see "forum regulars," and I think I'm fairly regular. I don't make comments every day but I at least look through things
    I grant persmission to anybody/everybody who wants to make a deity out of me, but I want ya'll to know: I like drow, orcs, mind flayers, barbarians, psionics, shillelaghs, hats, and cheese!
    You're all fun

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Illven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    If people know of me, I give permission to stat me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.
    Avatar by Honest Tiefling

    Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    I want Kish, Tippy, and JaronK statted more than anyone else.

    I might ask them tomorrow via PM or something
    I'm going to regret this I'm sure, but go for it.

    JaronK

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars!

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post

    Roland St. Jude
    Lawful Good Major Deity
    Portfolio: Thread Necromancy, Moderation, Internet Arguments, Threads
    Domains: Law, Good, Protection, Evil, Destruction.
    Roland St. Jude rose to god-hood on the bodies of the Troll Gods, a groups of lesser deities. Before long, he was a mighty deity. Some of his Domains and Portfolio were originally those of the now-slain Troll Gods. He maintains the fragile balance of the threads with the power he has over these retooled properties.

    He has few followers, since he is powered by properly moderating threads. However, people pay him respect before posting threads.

    And I am requesting assistance with this so I don't explode.
    You forgot Favored Weapon: Rawhide's Hat.

    I say this because his Sheriff avatar (and possibly this new one, I can't quite tell) seems to have Rawhide's hat in the little view bubble thing hovering over his hand.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2013-11-08 at 03:16 AM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground
     
    nedz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    London, EU
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars!

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    If you post here, you can be targeted. That makes you a regular. Tippy is a good example.
    Well there's no way I'm going to post on this thread then, ..., oh bugger.

    Actually we could have a, oh I don't know, Platinum Chef Challenge; where instead of statting up deities we create 20 level builds.
    π = 4
    Consider a 5' radius blast: this affects 4 squares which have a circumference of 40' Actually it's worse than that.


    Completely Dysfunctional Handbook
    Warped Druid Handbook

    Avatar by Caravaggio

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Snowbluff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars!

    Quote Originally Posted by nedz View Post
    Actually we could have a, oh I don't know, Platinum Chef Challenge; where instead of statting up deities we create 20 level builds.
    I'm pretty sure I've already done this informally. Sounds like fun to have a contest.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Banned
     
    IronFist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    JaronK
    Chaotic Neutral Minor Deity of Tiers
    Portfolio: tiers, circular arguments
    Domains: Chaos, Planning

    JaronK has ascended to godhood after stealing his porftolio from a fighting game god. After that, he divided all some classes in tiers, causing the whole world to become a competitive environment. His followers are supposed to explain how the system works, but not all of them can figure it out, since it s so subjective and subject to its creator's whims. Disbelievers are sacrificed ritualistically with fire and acid.
    Last edited by IronFist; 2013-11-08 at 08:36 AM.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Kish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    I want Kish, Tippy, and JaronK statted more than anyone else.

    I might ask them tomorrow via PM or something
    Since I've been requested, go ahead.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Grod_The_Giant's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    JaronK
    Chaotic Neutral Minor Deity of Tiers
    Portfolio: tiers, circular arguments
    Domains: Chaos, Planning

    JaronK has ascended to godhood after stealing his porftolio from a fighting game god. After that, he divided all some classes in tiers, causing the whole world to become a competitive environment. His followers are supposed to explain how the system works, but not all of them can figure it out, since it s so subjective and subject to its creator's whims. Disbelievers are sacrificed ritualistically with fire and acid.
    That seems kind of harsh...
    Hill Giant Games
    I make indie gaming books for you!
    Spoiler
    Show

    STaRS: A non-narrativeist, generic rules-light system.
    Grod's Guide to Greatness, 2e: A big book of player options for 5e.
    Grod's Grimoire of the Grotesque: An even bigger book of variant and expanded rules for 5e.
    Giants and Graveyards: My collected 3.5 class fixes and more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    Grod's Law: You cannot and should not balance bad mechanics by making them annoying to use

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fairfield, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Thiyr View Post
    On the one hand, I find this concept terribly interesting. On the other, I fully recognize that I'm not nearly...pervasive enough to be of interest. If anyone wants to take up the challenge, have at. Either way, I think I'll take up the challenge of creating a Fax.

    Fax Celestis
    LN Intermediate Deity

    Portfolio: Diggles, Revision, Violins

    Domains: Animal, Craft, Kobold (Diggle), Moon

    Blade in hand, Fax took his first steps into the Dungeon, seeking to prevent the escape of even more of this dread evil. In the distance, a yellow beast, its drilling probiscus sharp and thirsty for blood. He kicked at a nearby door, wishing to leave the creature to its nest. Unfortunately, his toes broke. The last words he would hear before the creatuer impaled him would be, simply, "I hate you so much".

    But Fax was not slated to die that day. Instead, he rose up empowered. His body capable of assuming the form these spiteful creatures, he found himself uniquely suited to the environ in which he was felled, and its reconstruction. Laying eggs was a small price to pay.

    As the dungeon was reshaped to his whimsy, Fax delved deeper, eventually facing a dread lich in single combat. The lich had hidden away artifacts of great power. In grand drunken tradition, Fax blindly activated one of them, and was ascended to Godhood, granting him dominion over even basic laws of reality.

    He was still stuck with the eggs.

    Fax's followers are both numerous and short-lived. Many seek to follow in his steps as pilgrimage, with most ending their journey at that same first door. They bring tithes of lutefisk, and seek to petition him for how they would like to see the world changed...and how soon. Even to those who convince him their revisions need be made real, however, there is always one thing he can be known to say: "It will be done when its done."
    Well done. You even got my alignment right.




  22. - Top - End - #82
    Colossus in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dinosaur Museum aw yisss.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Ew LN

    I shudder to think...

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Banned
     
    IronFist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Milo v3
    Neutral Good Minor Deity of Refluffing
    Portfolio: refluffing, creativity
    Domains: Good, Creation
    Milo ascended to godhood by changing minor aspects of reality. He likes to change how something looks and interacts with the world in the most basic sense, however keeping its base structure unchanged.

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Thiyr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    snip for length
    ...dat hat.
    Last edited by Thiyr; 2013-11-08 at 10:24 AM.
    The Complete Warrior rules on losing prerequisites for a PrC apply to all books. This bothers me enough to sig it. If you disagree, please PM me, I'm down with being proven wrong.


    Steam: Thiyr (The Great and Powerful Bulbasaur).
    SC2: RianL.377. Hit me up for some SC2 if you're on.

    Bulbabulbabulbabulba...SAUR.

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Oko and Qailee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Quote Originally Posted by JaronK View Post
    I'm going to regret this I'm sure, but go for it.

    JaronK
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Since I've been requested, go ahead.
    Yay!


    Honestly, when I think of "the regulars/gods of gitp" you are 2/3 of the people I think of first. I'll try to make it good since I wouldn't want to disappoint.

    Gimme a bit. I'm prob gonna start with Kish
    (Currently afk halfway across the country.)

    Attempting Homebrew:
    Requip Knight

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Dusk Eclipse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Runite
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Eh why not, I am very curious how would someone stat me, so go ahead I'll wait.
    Just call me Dusk
    Avatar by Ceika

    Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC


  27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fairfield, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Thiyr View Post
    ...dat hat.
    Indeed. I put it on every Krong altar twice. It uh...ended up being a significant amount of my statistics in the end game.

    Also I put it in my mod.

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Zombulian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Arcata, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberDrag View Post
    you have permission to state me! I would perfer something in evangelist :P
    I'd like to claim this one for later. Have to get through school before I can start.

    I like this thread. It's fun and introducing me to apparently large presences itp that I've never really seen before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeds View Post
    Caster backstories require a reason as to why they can cast spells. Wizards study hard to learn spells. Sorcerers often learn of their powers and then hone them through traveling. Clerics use piety to find the gift of spells through the gods or their ideals. Druids shun deodorant until a riding dog appears and they learn Entangle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Zom, my imaginary hat is off to you. *Horns? *What horns? *It's just an unusual hairstyle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    There are certain advantages to a game being as badly written as 3.5.

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Banned
     
    IronFist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Ew LN

    I shudder to think...
    Do you give permission to stat you, Serps?

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fairfield, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    Do you give permission to stat you, Serps?
    [inserts stat block for Malcanthet]

    Done.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •