A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 333
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Snowbluff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    This is a great topic. I'm surprised this hasn't happened before. If anyone wants to stat me, that would be fine. Everyone I could think of as a presence has already stepped in for the most part.
    I'll put you on the list.

    No one has done me yet. Not even Morc!

    MORCLEON! Git beck here! >:D
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Brookshw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Quote Originally Posted by eggynack View Post
    Also, factotums, shadesteel golems, factotum shadesteel golems, and teleportation circles. Tippy stuff.
    No mention of wish traps? We're slipping

    @ Snowbluff - the weekend is coming sir, and there will. be. STATS!!!
    Also going to disagree with your earlier post that I'm too lazy to go back and quote regarding identifying who you intend to write up, personally I was a bit irked after specifically asking Afro's permission to have DM o' Darkness nab it.

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Brookshw View Post
    No mention of wish traps? We're slipping
    True enough. I would have actually gone with something like a trap of create food and water, because that's an idea that feels very emblematic of the Tippyverse. Sure, wish traps are obviously there, but putting that kind of magic on the very mundane and functional level is what I think gives the Tippyverse a lot of its staying power.

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fairfield, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    This is a great topic. I'm surprised this hasn't happened before. If anyone wants to stat me, that would be fine. Everyone I could think of as a presence has already stepped in for the most part.
    Aren't you already a major villain in several modules?

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Sunnydale

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Norin View Post
    I'd love to read a stat-up\backstory thing on theese dieties:

    Curmudgeon - "the rules man that breaks all the rules." (ie so much RAW\rules knowledge, and known to be one of the best sources of inspiration, builds and such for the Rogue class)
    Permission granted; do your worst.

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Oko and Qailee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Snow, don't forget I did Kish two pages back (mentioning for the OP)
    (Currently afk halfway across the country.)

    Attempting Homebrew:
    Requip Knight

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Quote Originally Posted by eggynack View Post
    Also, factotums, shadesteel golems, factotum shadesteel golems, and teleportation circles. Tippy stuff.
    I prefer to remember things like his Wand Gatling Gun Ice Assassin thing.
    Currently sick as a dog and unable to focus properly. Will heal soon.

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Snowbluff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Brookshw View Post
    No mention of wish traps? We're slipping

    @ Snowbluff - the weekend is coming sir, and there will. be. STATS!!!
    Also going to disagree with your earlier post that I'm too lazy to go back and quote regarding identifying who you intend to write up, personally I was a bit irked after specifically asking Afro's permission to have DM o' Darkness nab it.
    Just do a write up. This isn't a competition, guys. If you have permission, just go with it and have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Snow, don't forget I did Kish two pages back (mentioning for the OP)
    Okay. Kish, got it. Thanks for posting!
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2013-11-08 at 08:54 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Brookshw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Just do a write up. This isn't a competition, guys. If you have permission, just go with it and have fun.

    Okay. Kish, got it. Thanks for posting!
    Eh, I figured a small addendum, frankly he did a pretty decent job as far as I'm concerned. I just find it to be bad form.

    But there's pleeenty of other options, much more fun to be had with this

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Morcleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Floating in the void

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    I'll put you on the list.

    No one has done me yet. Not even Morc!

    MORCLEON! Git beck here! >:D
    Uwah... I was off doing marching band things. xD

    Will work on it tomorrow on the trip. ^_^
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Brookshw View Post
    Also going to disagree with your earlier post that I'm too lazy to go back and quote regarding identifying who you intend to write up, personally I was a bit irked after specifically asking Afro's permission to have DM o' Darkness nab it.
    Apologies; I had just glazed over the thread and saw afro give permission, and didn't realize you claimed it.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Brookshw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Quote Originally Posted by DMofDarkness View Post
    Apologies; I had just glazed over the thread and saw afro give permission, and didn't realize you claimed it.
    Quite alright, didn't think it was ill intended.

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    Psyren's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    Aren't you already a major villain in several modules?
    And he has his own show!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fairfield, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    And he has his own show!
    Remember kids: Metal \m/, devil |m|, Venger \/o\/

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Banned
     
    Morithias's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Goddess Mary/Mori Neutral Good Overgoddess
    Portfolio: Avatar, The Rift, Heroes, Rosewood
    Domains: Good, Protection, Destiny, Summoner, Portal

    Mary is the goddess of the Avatar in the Rosewood setting, and has little power elsewhere. She rarely if ever crosses into other planes, outside of the prime material plane. Her primary motivation is protecting Rosewood from inter-planer threats like the demonic invasion of Rosewood, or the Hulks' invasion of Helman. She prefers to fight via summoning teenagers with attitude to Rosewood from the prime material plane.

    Outside of Rosewood she has a mere single divine rank, and is treated as a demigod. All gods in Rosewood indirectly answer to her, and similar to Krynn only the gods of Rosewood have any power in Rosewood. Outside of the avatar summoning business she rarely intervenes with Rosewood, trusting the other gods to do their jobs.
    Last edited by Morithias; 2013-11-08 at 11:49 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    People probably don't know me since I haven't been a member very long, but I've been a regular visitor for years... if someone wants to, feel free to stat me up. I'd probably only be a demigod, but whateves.

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Thiyr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    So is the list in the OP tracking everyone who gave permission, or everyone who has one/will have one done? If the former, I give my permission (again).

    Also, Fax, I'm imagining trying to get one hand to split like the latter of those. Somehow I think I'd have to grow some more fingers.
    The Complete Warrior rules on losing prerequisites for a PrC apply to all books. This bothers me enough to sig it. If you disagree, please PM me, I'm down with being proven wrong.


    Steam: Thiyr (The Great and Powerful Bulbasaur).
    SC2: RianL.377. Hit me up for some SC2 if you're on.

    Bulbabulbabulbabulba...SAUR.

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fairfield, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Thiyr View Post
    So is the list in the OP tracking everyone who gave permission, or everyone who has one/will have one done? If the former, I give my permission (again).

    Also, Fax, I'm imagining trying to get one hand to split like the latter of those. Somehow I think I'd have to grow some more fingers.
    Be enlightened.

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Agent 451's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Permission granted. Although even divine rank 0 would be pushing it for me, I think.
    -------------∩____∩
    <:::::[]=0-|( ◡)| ノ\(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

    Link/Triforce and Reinhard von Lohengramm avatars by the talented Kymme!

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Lord_Gareth
    Intermediate Deity
    Chaotic Neutral Blue/Black
    Portfolio: Chaos, creation, destruction, making really dark and spooky homebrew
    Domains: Madness, Retribution, Chaos, Mentalism, Mysticism

    Lord_Gareth is a rather cruel god, creating inspired works of art with horrific powers and destinies. His creations inevitably invoke some kind of madness, and either wreak destruction upon their foes or endure it themselves. One tale of Lord_Gareth tells of how he fought a primeval force of evil; upon its defeat, he cut it to bits on his enchanted ouija cutting board, and attached the little pieces to souls that flew by his realm on the way to rebirth on the Material Plane. These souls, known as Harrowed, are forced to share a body with an evil force of destruction for all eternity; not even death grants them respite. Apparently, Lord_Gareth did this "because it sounded fun."

    For all his cruelty, though, Lord_Gareth is not truly evil. He seems to have some good intent in his actions; namely, the pleasing and abetting of mysterious entities, known only as "other forum users." These users seem to give Lord_Gareth his divine power, as he has few worshipers- those who learn of his presence tend to go mad from the knowledge, and those who don't seem like they did anyway.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Although I haven't viewed all of Lord_Gareth's homebrew or posts, I am a big fan of his Harrowed and Malefactor base classes, and I've considered using his alignment system when I become a more experience DM. Most of what I know comes from his homebrew, and if I got anything wrong or left important aspects out I apologize.
    Last edited by Werephilosopher; 2013-11-09 at 01:45 AM.

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Shouldn't madness inspired be Red/Black for that? Or maybe Red/Blue?
    Currently sick as a dog and unable to focus properly. Will heal soon.

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Quote Originally Posted by ArcturusV View Post
    Shouldn't madness inspired be Red/Black for that? Or maybe Red/Blue?
    I really had a hard time deciding to leave out Red, I felt like any one of the three combinations of Red/Black/Blue could work to some degree.

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    I'm restricting my statement for courtesy's sake
    Last edited by A Tad Insane; 2013-11-09 at 04:15 PM.
    I'M NOT CRAZY!!

    I just find sanity a rather dull affair

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Banned
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    I wish to ascend to divinity.

    Whether anyone knows me well enough is another matter.

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Flickerdart
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greater Deity
    Symbol: a White Scarf under a Brown Hood
    Home: Giant in the Playground
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Portfolio: Wit, Knowledge, Clarity, Teaching
    Worshipers: Typically scholars who follow in Flickerdart's example; sharing knowledge through humor and joke. Striving to help others understand things while simultaneously lifting their spirits.
    Domains: Charm, Community, Joy, Knowledge, and Truth.
    Favored Weapon: Cunning (Dagger, if you need an actual weapon)

    Dogma:
    Flickerdart is a Good deity who's main agenda is the spreading of understanding while providing witty remarks enjoyable to those who hear them. He takes a balanced view when it comes to differences of opinion and encourages his followers to do the same, including when it comes to opinions which differ from their own.

    Clergy and Temples:
    Flickerdart's clerics typically wear white scarves and brown hoods, as their deity's symbol portrays. Many of them are Cloistered Clerics, or Wizards who put an extra emphasis in Charisma. They are quick to smile and laugh and mirth and knowledge is their trade.

    Flickerdart's temples are usually set up so that there are various tables with comfortable seats and a brightly lit stage where people can stand and speak. (Imagine a comedy club) Food, drink and merriment are encouraged in his temples, but violence and insult is forbidden.


    Emperor Tippy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Overdeity
    Symbol: An open tome with a glowing rune displayed on the pages surrounded by a ring of smaller runes underneath a brilliant crown.
    Home: Where few dare to tread.
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Portfolio: Creation, Power, Resourcefulness, Planning
    Worshipers: Worshipers of Emperor Tippy are only the few who have the ability to understand his teachings. They are those individuals who draw great power from the world around them and actively use that power to shape it.
    Domains: Competition, Creation, Glory, Magic, Planning, and Spell Domains.
    Favored Weapon: Magic (Quarterstaff)

    Dogma:
    The Emperor desires his followers to be the best they can be, so in order to provide a mechanism for that, he provided a world for them in which in order to survive, they must often be a combination of brilliant, lucky, and paranoid. Only the bravest, the most foolish, the most cunning, the most paranoid, and most powerful dare to tread in his realm.

    Clergy and Temples:
    Emperor Tippy's most devout followers are those who have survived and thrived in the environment he has created. They are the those who take the world and change it to be as they desire through whatever means they have. They are ambitious and brilliant. He, however, has many followers who simply can't thrive in this environment, but pay him great respect regardless.

    The Emperor's temples are typically the size of a metropolis and have an impressive array of defenses to thwart those who might wish to tear them down, from the application of weirdstones, to magical traps and permanent invisible, permanent telepathic bond warforged in command of squads of shadesteel golems.


    Edit: More to come, probably.

    Urpriest
    Spoiler
    Show
    Intermediate Deity
    Symbol: Three jagged claw marks.
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Portfolio: Beasts, Monsters, Creation
    Worshipers: Typically magic-users interested in creating new and exciting creatures.
    Domains: Animal, Plant, Summoner, Dragon Below
    Favored Weapon: Claw

    Dogma:
    Urpriest teaches the responsible magical experimentation that leads to new forms of life. Through the mixing of templates, aspects of some monsters with others, etc. Often for the purposes of guarding the follower's lair, or dungeon. While Urpriest won't actively prevent these magical experimentations to be used for evil, he does frown upon it.

    Clergy and Temples:
    Urpriest's clergy are typically Wizards, Sorcerers, Malconvokers, or other summoners, grafters, or magic users who employ the use of other creatures. Some are very guarding of their advancements, but others share their progress.

    Urpriest doesn't have traditional temples, but rather he has magic message-ways with which his followers can share their discoveries and advancements with each other, all from the comfort of their own lair, dungeon, tower, etc. The connections between these places (and possibly these places themselves, together) serve as Urpriest's temples.


    Curmudgeon
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greater Deity
    Symbol: a set of scales, perfectly balanced
    Home: Giant in the Playground
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Portfolio: Rules, Deals and Pacts, Legality
    Worshipers: Typically Experts who seek to understand the laws of the universe, however anyone who seeks this goal can be a worshiper of Curmudgeon.
    Domains: Law, Pact, Mentalism, Mind and Knowledge.
    Favored Weapon: The Pen (Crossbow)

    Dogma:
    Curmudgeon's teachings follow a strict adherence to rules and the understanding of the rules. He teaches his followers to seek out an understanding of the rules at not only a surface, but the fundamental level. His followers seek to understand the workings of the universe around them.

    Clergy and Temples:
    Followers of Curmudgeon come from all kinds of backgrounds, but many are Experts. They perform experiments to try to determine the guiding rules of the world they live in. Mostly they do research.

    Temples to Curmudgeon are large structures which often house vast and intricate contraptions whose purpose is lost on the commonfolk, they are often elaborate devices used to test various theories of the members of that temple. They are places of study and the sharing of knowledge, often very quiet. Within their doors, new revelations are worth a great deal more than gold.


    Psyren
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greater Deity
    Symbol: An array of six crystals of six different colors
    Home: Giant in the Playground
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Portfolio: Mind, Psionics, Crystals
    Worshipers: Psions and other psionic creatures.
    Domains: Mind, Mentalism, Magic, and Oracle
    Favored Weapon: Quarterstaff

    Dogma:
    Psyren teaches the honing of one's mind until one can affect the world with a mere thought. As long as his followers use psychic or mental abilities to resolve their issues, or to help them resolve their issues, they are following Psyren's teachings.

    Clergy and Temples:
    Psyren's followers are typically Psions or other psionic creatures. They seek to hone their mental abilities and use their minds to accomplish their goals. They often keep dull grey ioun stones to help mark them as followers of Psyren.

    Psyren's temples are often structures crafted entirely from crystal, and filled with various gems and psionic crystals. Any psionic creature is treated warmly, however, non-psionic creatures are often regarded as strangers and treated somewhat coldly.


    Anyone who I did feel free to give feedback. (You guys have my permission, but I doubt anybody would be interested in doing me)
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2013-11-09 at 03:31 AM.

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    unseenmage's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Middle of nowhere USA.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    I wish to ascend to divinity.

    Whether anyone knows me well enough is another matter.
    Seconding this, permission given. This thread is hilarious.

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ravens_cry's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Um, there is a Hyphen in my user name, Snowbluff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    hamishspence's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Consider this:
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    I wouldn't mind being statted as a minor LN demigod of Alignment Debates
    permission, as well.
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Snowbluff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    Um, there is a Hyphen in my user name, Snowbluff.
    Actually, that's an underscore. If you want a hyphen, I'd be happy to change it again.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Aegis013 View Post
    Flickerdart
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greater Deity
    Symbol: a White Scarf under a Brown Hood
    Home: Giant in the Playground
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Portfolio: Wit, Knowledge, Clarity, Teaching
    Worshipers: Typically scholars who follow in Flickerdart's example; sharing knowledge through humor and joke. Striving to help others understand things while simultaneously lifting their spirits.
    Domains: Charm, Community, Joy, Knowledge, and Truth.
    Favored Weapon: Cunning (Dagger, if you need an actual weapon)

    Dogma:
    Flickerdart is a Good deity who's main agenda is the spreading of understanding while providing witty remarks enjoyable to those who hear them. He takes a balanced view when it comes to differences of opinion and encourages his followers to do the same, including when it comes to opinions which differ from their own.

    Clergy and Temples:
    Flickerdart's clerics typically wear white scarves and brown hoods, as their deity's symbol portrays. Many of them are Cloistered Clerics, or Wizards who put an extra emphasis in Charisma. They are quick to smile and laugh and mirth and knowledge is their trade.

    Flickerdart's temples are usually set up so that there are various tables with comfortable seats and a brightly lit stage where people can stand and speak. (Imagine a comedy club) Food, drink and merriment are encouraged in his temples, but violence and insult is forbidden.


    Emperor Tippy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Overdeity
    Symbol: An open tome with a glowing rune displayed on the pages surrounded by a ring of smaller runes underneath a brilliant crown.
    Home: Where few dare to tread.
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Portfolio: Creation, Power, Resourcefulness, Planning
    Worshipers: Worshipers of Emperor Tippy are only the few who have the ability to understand his teachings. They are those individuals who draw great power from the world around them and actively use that power to shape it.
    Domains: Competition, Creation, Glory, Magic, Planning, and Spell Domains.
    Favored Weapon: Magic (Quarterstaff)

    Dogma:
    The Emperor desires his followers to be the best they can be, so in order to provide a mechanism for that, he provided a world for them in which in order to survive, they must often be a combination of brilliant, lucky, and paranoid. Only the bravest, the most foolish, the most cunning, the most paranoid, and most powerful dare to tread in his realm.

    Clergy and Temples:
    Emperor Tippy's most devout followers are those who have survived and thrived in the environment he has created. They are the those who take the world and change it to be as they desire through whatever means they have. They are ambitious and brilliant. He, however, has many followers who simply can't thrive in this environment, but pay him great respect regardless.

    The Emperor's temples are typically the size of a metropolis and have an impressive array of defenses to thwart those who might wish to tear them down, from the application of weirdstones, to magical traps and permanent invisible, permanent telepathic bond warforged in command of squads of shadesteel golems.


    Edit: More to come, probably.

    Urpriest
    Spoiler
    Show
    Intermediate Deity
    Symbol: Three jagged claw marks.
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Portfolio: Beasts, Monsters, Creation
    Worshipers: Typically magic-users interested in creating new and exciting creatures.
    Domains: Animal, Plant, Summoner, Dragon Below
    Favored Weapon: Claw

    Dogma:
    Urpriest teaches the responsible magical experimentation that leads to new forms of life. Through the mixing of templates, aspects of some monsters with others, etc. Often for the purposes of guarding the follower's lair, or dungeon. While Urpriest won't actively prevent these magical experimentations to be used for evil, he does frown upon it.

    Clergy and Temples:
    Urpriest's clergy are typically Wizards, Sorcerers, Malconvokers, or other summoners, grafters, or magic users who employ the use of other creatures. Some are very guarding of their advancements, but others share their progress.

    Urpriest doesn't have traditional temples, but rather he has magic message-ways with which his followers can share their discoveries and advancements with each other, all from the comfort of their own lair, dungeon, tower, etc. The connections between these places (and possibly these places themselves, together) serve as Urpriest's temples.


    Curmudgeon
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greater Deity
    Symbol: a set of scales, perfectly balanced
    Home: Giant in the Playground
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Portfolio: Rules, Deals and Pacts, Legality
    Worshipers: Typically Experts who seek to understand the laws of the universe, however anyone who seeks this goal can be a worshiper of Curmudgeon.
    Domains: Law, Pact, Mentalism, Mind and Knowledge.
    Favored Weapon: The Pen (Crossbow)

    Dogma:
    Curmudgeon's teachings follow a strict adherence to rules and the understanding of the rules. He teaches his followers to seek out an understanding of the rules at not only a surface, but the fundamental level. His followers seek to understand the workings of the universe around them.

    Clergy and Temples:
    Followers of Curmudgeon come from all kinds of backgrounds, but many are Experts. They perform experiments to try to determine the guiding rules of the world they live in. Mostly they do research.

    Temples to Curmudgeon are large structures which often house vast and intricate contraptions whose purpose is lost on the commonfolk, they are often elaborate devices used to test various theories of the members of that temple. They are places of study and the sharing of knowledge, often very quiet. Within their doors, new revelations are worth a great deal more than gold.


    Psyren
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greater Deity
    Symbol: An array of six crystals of six different colors
    Home: Giant in the Playground
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Portfolio: Mind, Psionics, Crystals
    Worshipers: Psions and other psionic creatures.
    Domains: Mind, Mentalism, Magic, and Oracle
    Favored Weapon: Quarterstaff

    Dogma:
    Psyren teaches the honing of one's mind until one can affect the world with a mere thought. As long as his followers use psychic or mental abilities to resolve their issues, or to help them resolve their issues, they are following Psyren's teachings.

    Clergy and Temples:
    Psyren's followers are typically Psions or other psionic creatures. They seek to hone their mental abilities and use their minds to accomplish their goals. They often keep dull grey ioun stones to help mark them as followers of Psyren.

    Psyren's temples are often structures crafted entirely from crystal, and filled with various gems and psionic crystals. Any psionic creature is treated warmly, however, non-psionic creatures are often regarded as strangers and treated somewhat coldly.


    Anyone who I did feel free to give feedback. (You guys have my permission, but I doubt anybody would be interested in doing me)
    cool, but i miss something about Curm's love of Rogues and how that contrasts his love for rules.
    "If you are going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •