New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Banned

Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

Quote Originally Posted by A Tad Insane View Post
    Why isn't pitchford on the list? We all know his portfolio; Fighters, tier lists, mounted combat, 1000 feet perfect snipes from a fighter on a mount against something higher on the tier list.
    And the bullying spreads like cancer.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    And the bullying spreads like cancer.
    I disagree with the inflammatory language, but can somewhat appreciate the sentiment.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Now now, let's not taint this thread with pettiness and keep it fun and stay away from cynicism.

Remember folks, deities are fun! Sign up at your local pantheon's temple today!
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

This thread amuses me on many levels.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Now now, let's not taint this thread with pettiness and keep it fun and stay away from cynicism.

Ditto. I will make no further mention of certain trends I have been noticing with certain, unnamed characters that I would like to stop.

This thread has really exploded. Someone posted, like, 5 at once. I have a lot of catching up to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keneth View Post
    This thread amuses me on many levels.
    Excellent! >:D
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2013-11-09 at 03:59 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Colossus in the Playground

I gave permission, and wasn't put on the first post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been here for a very long time, so I must have developed some kind of reputation. Permission granted.
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank you to Ceika for the signature and avatar.

Read Sons of the Fallen here

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post

Throwing your name in the list Morph Bark? I ask because you're one of the few in here that I've seen around enough that I think I could have a decent enough handle to run with.
    Currently sick as a dog and unable to focus properly. Will heal soon.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ArcturusV View Post
    Throwing your name in the list Morph Bark? I ask because you're one of the few in here that I've seen around enough that I think I could have a decent enough handle to run with.
    Indeed, Morph would be another decent poster to deify. All the Homebrew, and Compiled Lists.
    If you feel like quoting something that I have said, you have my permission to use it. Unless it makes me look stupid.
    Gaming Laws, Fallacies And More
    My Homebrew
    Feel free to browse and comment on any of my Homebrew. I enjoy feedback.
    Love my Avatar? Well, why not check out the comic that it came from?

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, that's an underscore. If you want a hyphen, I'd be happy to change it again.
    No, underscore is sufficient.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

11. - Top - End - #191
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Werephilosopher View Post
    Lord_Gareth
    Intermediate Deity
    Chaotic Neutral Blue/Black
    Portfolio: Chaos, creation, destruction, making really dark and spooky homebrew
    Domains: Madness, Retribution, Chaos, Mentalism, Mysticism

Lord_Gareth is a rather cruel god, creating inspired works of art with horrific powers and destinies. His creations inevitably invoke some kind of madness, and either wreak destruction upon their foes or endure it themselves. One tale of Lord_Gareth tells of how he fought a primeval force of evil; upon its defeat, he cut it to bits on his enchanted ouija cutting board, and attached the little pieces to souls that flew by his realm on the way to rebirth on the Material Plane. These souls, known as Harrowed, are forced to share a body with an evil force of destruction for all eternity; not even death grants them respite. Apparently, Lord_Gareth did this "because it sounded fun."

For all his cruelty, though, Lord_Gareth is not truly evil. He seems to have some good intent in his actions; namely, the pleasing and abetting of mysterious entities, known only as "other forum users." These users seem to give Lord_Gareth his divine power, as he has few worshipers- those who learn of his presence tend to go mad from the knowledge, and those who don't seem like they did anyway.

Spoiler
    Show
    Although I haven't viewed all of Lord_Gareth's homebrew or posts, I am a big fan of his Harrowed and Malefactor base classes, and I've considered using his alignment system when I become a more experience DM. Most of what I know comes from his homebrew, and if I got anything wrong or left important aspects out I apologize.
    Eh...to be frank I'm not terribly impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Aegis013, could you get/link/quote the permission of the people you have done this for, I didn't see it when I skimmed through earlier.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

smile Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

Hey Snowbluff, my name doesn't have an underscored, do you mind amending that?
    Last edited by Dusk Eclipse; 2013-11-09 at 08:33 PM.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

14. - Top - End - #194
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'll sign up to be a paladin/cleric for a deity :D

Also has ryu gave permission to be statted out
    "Every sinner has a future and every saint has a past"

Quote Originally Posted by ryu View Post
    Ort is right
    I added to your thread wins, you added to my Sig

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

I don't think we're doing that. Was it nedz who suggest we make characters of people? You could start a thread for it because...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    Hey Snowbluff, my name doesn't have an underscored, do you mind amending that?
    ... my hands are really full keeping the first post properly updated. I'll get right on it, sunbro.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

Anyone can take a swing at me, if they wish. Not sure if writing a handbook gets me anything here =P

I'll see what I can do about deifying one of the other members. Maybe Lord Gareth wants a new statblock?

17. - Top - End - #197
    Firbolg in the Playground

I certainly wouldn't object. The last one didn't feel terribly accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

18. - Top - End - #198

Quote Originally Posted by eggynack View Post
    Very fancy. Now I just have to actually finish that handbook, and justify my position as a deity of druids. The day shall come, this I swear. However, druid handbooks are really really long. Such is their nature.

Edit: 37,000 words now, by the by.
    Haven't you been approached by anyone asking for advice about Druid builds?

I suggest that you look into ways to give a Druid a natural Flight Speed and Breath Weapon, or to get 3 (or more) Natural Attacks in their natural form, y'know so they can qualify for Feats that would be very useful to have in certain Wild Shape forms.
    It'd certainly give you the chance to look a little deeper into the Druid's Tier 3 Class Ability.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Snow, don't forget I did Kish two pages back (mentioning for the OP)
    And thank you.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Threadnaught View Post
    Haven't you been approached by anyone asking for advice about Druid builds?
    A couple of times, but not infinitely.

I suggest that you look into ways to give a Druid a natural Flight Speed and Breath Weapon, or to get 3 (or more) Natural Attacks in their natural form, y'know so they can qualify for Feats that would be very useful to have in certain Wild Shape forms.
    It'd certainly give you the chance to look a little deeper into the Druid's Tier 3 Class Ability.
    The first two are pretty doable with dragonborn, and you could probably handle the third with shifter. Shifters are sweet. I dunno if flight based feats are strictly necessary though. You'd mostly be looking for hover, and you can get that for free off of any monster with good maneuverability. That's one of the many many reasons that desmodu hunting bats are awesome, cause they might actually be the only animal at small or medium with good maneuverability. Anyways, I've been spending most of my time on spell stuff, because that stretches on forever, and because it's one of the biggest inadequacies that I've found in existing handbooks. Seriously, the spell list got recycled across all of them, and you end up with stuff like three separate handbooks advising the use of dessicate because it deals 1d6/level, when it really deals 1d6/2 levels. Frigging weird.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

It's interesting. I hardly ever post in this section of the forum, so I have no idea if I have a 'rep' or not.

*thinks*

*thinks*

Ah, what the hell. 6500+ posts ought to leave a little bit of an impression.

Permission granted.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

22. - Top - End - #202
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis013 View Post
    Psyren
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greater Deity
    Symbol: An array of six crystals of six different colors
    Home: Giant in the Playground
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Portfolio: Mind, Psionics, Crystals
    Worshipers: Psions and other psionic creatures.
    Domains: Mind, Mentalism, Magic, and Oracle
    Favored Weapon: Quarterstaff

Dogma:
    Psyren teaches the honing of one's mind until one can affect the world with a mere thought. As long as his followers use psychic or mental abilities to resolve their issues, or to help them resolve their issues, they are following Psyren's teachings.

Clergy and Temples:
    Psyren's followers are typically Psions or other psionic creatures. They seek to hone their mental abilities and use their minds to accomplish their goals. They often keep dull grey ioun stones to help mark them as followers of Psyren.

Psyren's temples are often structures crafted entirely from crystal, and filled with various gems and psionic crystals. Any psionic creature is treated warmly, however, non-psionic creatures are often regarded as strangers and treated somewhat coldly.

Anyone who I did feel free to give feedback. (You guys have my permission, but I doubt anybody would be interested in doing me)
    *sniff* It's beautiful Much appreciated.

I'm not sure I'd be a greater deity though - my few works (i.e. handbooks) tend to be on the smaller scale of the spectrum, not system-wide affairs like Urpriest's monster guide, and are perpetually undergoing renovation besides.

I'll be going now
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    *sniff* It's beautiful Much appreciated.

I'm not sure I'd be a greater deity though - my few works (i.e. handbooks) tend to be on the smaller scale of the spectrum, not system-wide affairs like Urpriest's monster guide, and are perpetually undergoing renovation besides.

I'll be going now
    You have way more handbooks, though!

Anyway, my portrayal lacks a little thematic element...
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

original Urpriest (by Andraste)

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Aegis013, could you get/link/quote the permission of the people you have done this for, I didn't see it when I skimmed through earlier.
    Certainly! In no particular order, for your convenience:

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Permission granted; do your worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Tippy View Post
    Go ahead, feel free to stat me if you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Oops, I never actually gave permission did I? Uh yeah, go for it.
    ...snip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    I don't know if I qualify as a deity...maybe a demon prince. Feel free to hurl some stats in my general direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urpriest View Post
    I hereby grant my permission. Though my avatar is already statted out in Complete Divine.
    ---------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Urpriest View Post
    Anyway, my portrayal lacks a little thematic element...
    What do you think would be a good way to incorporate that?

(Also, to explain how I decided your deity ranking, Psyren, I used part how well I recognize your name/expertise, part how many times I've seen your name used by other people [particularly in threads where you were not posting], and partly by your "X in the Playground" title, and I felt you qualified.)

25. - Top - End - #205
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    Eh...to be frank I'm not terribly impressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    I certainly wouldn't object. The last one didn't feel terribly accurate.
    Yeah.... I'll admit I'm not the best at this sort of thing. Figured I'd give it a shot though. I'm sure others can do much better.
    Last edited by Werephilosopher; 2013-11-10 at 07:49 AM.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DMofDarkness View Post
    The problem with that is, while it's possible in a hypothetical situation to kill, say, God-Emporer Tippy, you have to contend with the fact that it's Tippy you're dealing with, and that his portfolio sense means that he knows about your optimization attempt weeks before it happens.
    ...And I LOLed.

Quote Originally Posted by Werephilosopher View Post
    I really had a hard time deciding to leave out Red, I felt like any one of the three combinations of Red/Black/Blue could work to some degree.
    Why not all three? Everyone loves Grixis.

*languishes in obscurity*
    *leaves permission for stattitude while no one's looking*
    *goes back to producing a steady stream of unremarkable posts in between much lurking*
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

...Well, hey, I wouldn't mind being a deity (if anyone thinks I'm regular enough to qualify

28. - Top - End - #208
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yoyoyoyoyo...

I know I've already posted something similar, but...

Can somebody please stat me? Pleeeeeease?

CN minor deity of absentminded comments, minor stat fixes, and community world-building, perhaps?
    May the gods watch over your battles, friend.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Someone do meeee!!! :D

30. - Top - End - #210
    Bugbear in the Playground

I propose that someone stat up a swarm-god of all the folks eager to give permission to have themselves made into deities, but have preluded it with "no one knows me off the top of their head, but..." Good rule-of-thumb: if you oughtta be started up as a GITP Forum god, you probably shouldn't have to ask. Oh, and Oko and Qailee, I figure Kish is more more Lawful Good than Lawful Neutral; I mean, c'mon, read those Vorkosigan quotes. Of course I'm only saying this because I usually agree with Kish and The Giant and am therefore Rich Burlew as well.
    Avatar by the one and only Ceika.
    "I'll be whatever I wanna do." - Philip J. Fry
    my fake wizard|my fake one-shot|my fake link