New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Deity makers requested!)

lets keep this on topic, has anyone asked Tippy yet?
    If all rules are suggestions what happens when I pass the save?

2. - Top - End - #242
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xervous View Post
    lets keep this on topic, has anyone asked Tippy yet?
    Yes, and he has given his permission at least twice in this very thread. I suggest not asking bombarding him with repeated questions lest you summon his ire.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Orc in the Playground

second god-try

Thunderfist12
    Lesser diety
    Alignment: CN (?)
    Portfolio: Worlds, enthousiasm, the worldbuilding thread,constructive criticism
    Domains: Community, Earth, Creation, Passion
    Thunderfist12 has created his divine realm in the World building thread, and has form there contributed to building a myriad of worlds. Not only has he created one or two worlds completely on his own, he also often encourages other world builders into new peaks of creativity. And if he's not busy creating world, alone or in a grand community, he always finds time to hand out constructive criticism to other creators of worlds.

Why Thunderfist is statted like this.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I made him a lesser deity because he hasn't been around for that long, and doesn't do that much outside of his portfolio.

Alignment: I choose for Chaotic Neutral because his preferred form of world building appears to be Community World building, which often is very chaotic. I don't know him well enough too stat you up on the Good/Evil scale.

Portfolio: He seems to be in EVERY thread on the world building forum, and a quarter of them are started by him. making him the god of the World building thread seemed obvious. You also always seem enthusiastic about a new world or a new idea, so I gave you enthusiasm. And constructive criticism should be obvious as well

Domains: Community: as I said before you seem to like community world building threads, and you keep in touch with what other people create in the world building thread as well.
    Earth: this has to symbolise all the worlds/planets/lands you have created
    Creation: ... you create a lot of world... evident as well.
    Passion: Passion domain because you are so enthusiastic about your own worlds and those of other people

EDIT: I want to do ForrestFire next, but I can't find any threads on google, because I keep getting people talking about forrest fires on this forum. It might take a while.
    Last edited by DMwithoutPC's; 2013-11-13 at 05:53 AM.
    LGBTA+itP
    I'm dyslectic and English is not my first language, so I'll probably make a few spelling errors.
    the Third god of Ghysa, the Rainbow Prince(ss) (RIP), and None, Master of Shadows, and currently Nature's Sculptor, Nathall

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Stat up deities of GitP regulars! (Permission requested!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ziegander View Post
    Well, not that God of Mundane would not also fit, that defunct project was FAR from complete and definitely did a piss poor job of making the mundanes Tier 1. It was on the right path, sure, but I didn't design even half the number of powers needed to get there. Just saying.
    That reminds me of COMMONER, somehow.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

5. - Top - End - #245
    Colossus in the Playground

Well, Morph is certainly a god of lists, planning, organization and big projects. For domains, I'd say Knowledge, Balance, Competition, Endurance, Planning. Quite popular with a certain kind of cloistered cleric, I'd assume. You also mentioned your favoured weapon being the unarmed strike, IIRC. Alignment I hvae no idea, I'll leave that to someone else.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

Go ahead

Bu tthat's not all, I come bearing ancient knowledge rolled with my Knowledge(Religion) roll (rolled a 70! whoohoo!)

Snowbluff
    CG minor Deity
    Portfolio: Warlocks, legacies of Thiago Martell, thread derailment.
    Domains: Arcane, History, Chaos

Snowbluff is one of the newer ascended deities. Snowbluff gained renown after derailing a couple of threads and finally ascended after zombiefying the Warlock Handbook after it's original poster had fallen to Roland St. Jude, the greater deity in the pantheon. Apart from the warlock handbook, Snowbluff has been engaged and taking part in any of Thiago Martell's portfolio gaining him the legacies of Thiago Martell in his portfolio.
    Last edited by Socratov; 2013-11-13 at 07:10 AM.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

pretty sure i'm not a regular, but if someone wants to make one of me i give permission

although, i dont expect one
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Either way, you're on the list now.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DMwithoutPC's View Post
    Thunderfist12
    Lesser diety
    Alignment: CN (?)
    Portfolio: Worlds, enthousiasm, the worldbuilding thread,constructive criticism
    Domains: Community, Earth, Creation, Passion
    Thunderfist12 has created his divine realm in the World building thread, and has form there contributed to building a myriad of worlds. Not only has he created one or two worlds completely on his own, he also often encourages other world builders into new peaks of creativity. And if he's not busy creating world, alone or in a grand community, he always finds time to hand out constructive criticism to other creators of worlds.
    Awesome, that's me, alignment and all. Yep.

The one thing I don't understand is the Earth domain. Also, Chaos should probably be on there (with me being CN).

Last edited by Thunderfist12; 2013-11-13 at 07:20 PM.
    May the gods watch over your battles, friend.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Firbolg in the Playground

Heeeeyyyy, this is fun. I'm open to being deified if anyone knows me.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

I'm still not on the list.

Also, here's a run-up for Amphetytron:

Amphetytron
    Intermediate Deity
    Alignment: LG
    Portfolio: Rules, order, justice, judging.

Amphetytron has long been a voice of order and reason within the Playground. Often stopping in build threads to give his two cents, he's more inclined to kindness that some of the other lawmen of the Playground. Arguably his greatest contribution to the playground is his service as Chairman for the Iron Chef Contest. He delivered his verdicts in a clear, concise, and well-reasoned manner whenever a verdict was required.

12. - Top - End - #252

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RFLS View Post
    I'm still not on the list.

Also, here's a run-up for Amphetytron:

Amphetytron
    Intermediate Deity
    Alignment: LG
    Portfolio: Rules, order, justice, judging.

Amphetytron has long been a voice of order and reason within the Playground. Often stopping in build threads to give his two cents, he's more inclined to kindness that some of the other lawmen of the Playground. Arguably his greatest contribution to the playground is his service as Chairman for the Iron Chef Contest. He delivered his verdicts in a clear, concise, and well-reasoned manner whenever a verdict was required.

Thank you kindly, RFLS. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I didn't expect this. I'm honored.
    Iron Chef in the Playground veteran since Round IV. Play as me!

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis013 View Post
    What do you think would be a good way to incorporate that?
    I suggest a PM to Snowbluff. You might want to update the list to remove any permissions already listed, and add new ones.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amphetryon View Post

Thank you kindly, RFLS. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I didn't expect this. I'm honored.
    Looks like he got you spot on, you deserve it!

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

I'm tempted to stat myself up as a DMM Persist Cleric styled God of Fighters. For the irony.
    Homebrew

Other Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Special Thanks: Kymme! You and your awesome avatarist skills have made me a Lore Warden in addition to King of Fighter Fixes!

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So I posted my permission on page 2 and I am not on the list :P

Thank you
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2013-11-14 at 01:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

17. - Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground

Ziegander
    Intermediate God
    Alignment: (fill this in yourself, Alignments are too hard)
    Portfolio: Fighters, The Mundanes, Flawed Classes, Fixes, Re-...
    Domain: Creation, Retribution, Renewal, Strength

Zieganders divine fighter fixes have become a thing people rely on as much as the changing of the seasons, the rising of the sun. The class abilities may shift and sliver, but the idea always remains the same. The Original Idea the designers had for the fighter, which Ziegander tries to capture.

It is not just Fighters though, Ziegander loves sword and bow and unarmed Strike all alike. (Well, maybe not completely alike). It is his love that keeps all of the true mundane characters alive, even though they may not worship him specifically.

It must not be thought that Ziegander despises magic! Many times he has created a class that mixed martial aptitude and magic wielding. The Arcane Knight! The Warmage! The Mageknight! He even is kind for those magic using classes that meet the lower half of the Tier system. The Ranger, The Bard, The Hexblade, all have felt his loving touch as he retooled them.

Ziegander is also the god of the enigmatic Re-. Re- is short for Reworked, Revisited, Rewrites, Revised, Revivified, Remix, Reborn, Reimaging, and Rebalancing! Whether he does this on purpose in unknown, but nearly all of his Holy Scriptures have a word starting with Re- in it. His followers have taken this as a sign that Re- is a holy syllable and worship this syllable almost as much as they worship Ziegander himself.

P.S. I really want to do ForestFire, but I can't find any post because all of them are about... actual forest fires... which is slowing the process... And I just think Emeret, when I think about ForrestFire as a god
    LGBTA+itP
    I'm dyslectic and English is not my first language, so I'll probably make a few spelling errors.
    the Third god of Ghysa, the Rainbow Prince(ss) (RIP), and None, Master of Shadows, and currently Nature's Sculptor, Nathall

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amphetryon View Post

Hey, you earned it. You've been a regular here since I was first posting, and I've never seen anything but good from you.

Also, a run-up for Lord Gareth:

Lord Gareth
    Minor Deity
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Portfolio: Warriors, Might, Grudges, Homebrew

Gareth is a veritable fount of homebrew - from his mind spring forth mighty warriors, terrible mages, and mysterious artifacts. Such is his proficiency and proclivity for these creations that even the Gods of Scars and Dreams took notice, and conscripted him to write for them in their holy book, the Path of War. Gareth was conflicted, for he has long held grudges against the Pathfinder system - but he found it in himself to overcome this feud and help the Gods in their monumental task, for the betterment of all. Thus was Gareth elevated to godhood.

Spoiler: Gareth
    Show
    I mean no offense with any of this - it's accurate as best I can tell. I also understand and sympathize with your problems with Paizo. I don't really know what else to say - I just wanted you to know that any slight here is unintentional, and if you dislike it, I'll immediately delete it for you.
    Last edited by RFLS; 2013-11-14 at 10:38 AM.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

P.S. I really want to do ForestFire, but I can't find any post because all of them are about... actual forest fires... which is slowing the process... And I just think Emeret, when I think about ForrestFire as a god
    Might I suggest the search terms Forrestfire 3.5 site:www.giantitp.com -"forest fire"?

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Had given permission long ago, giving it again so I can be on the list.
    Copy this to your signature if you love Jade_Tarem, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    A 20th-level fighter should be able to break rainbows in half with their bare hands and then dual-wield the parts of the rainbow.

Dual-wield the rainbow. Taste the rainbow.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    -snip-
    hmm I must have mistyped something the last time I tried that... maybe I accidently added a space. Thanks anyway.
    I think I will deify you later tonight, but now I have a test to study for.

EDIT: Never mind that, I'm way to busy today; I'll ascend you in the weekend, when I have more time
    Last edited by DMwithoutPC's; 2013-11-14 at 12:38 PM.
    LGBTA+itP

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

Ziegander
    Intermediate God
    Alignment: (fill this in yourself, Alignments are too hard)
    Portfolio: Fighters, The Mundanes, Flawed Classes, Fixes, Re-...
    Domain: Creation, Retribution, Renewal, Strength

Zieganders divine fighter fixes have become a thing people rely on as much as the changing of the seasons, the rising of the sun. The class abilities may shift and sliver, but the idea always remains the same. The Original Idea the designers had for the fighter, which Ziegander tries to capture.

It is not just Fighters though, Ziegander loves sword and bow and unarmed Strike all alike. (Well, maybe not completely alike). It is his love that keeps all of the true mundane characters alive, even though they may not worship him specifically.

It must not be thought that Ziegander despises magic! Many times he has created a class that mixed martial aptitude and magic wielding. The Arcane Knight! The Warmage! The Mageknight! He even is kind for those magic using classes that meet the lower half of the Tier system. The Ranger, The Bard, The Hexblade, all have felt his loving touch as he retooled them.

Ziegander is also the god of the enigmatic Re-. Re- is short for Reworked, Revisited, Rewrites, Revised, Revivified, Remix, Reborn, Reimaging, and Rebalancing! Whether he does this on purpose in unknown, but nearly all of his Holy Scriptures have a word starting with Re- in it. His followers have taken this as a sign that Re- is a holy syllable and worship this syllable almost as much as they worship Ziegander himself.
    Haha! Thanks! Though, it's not that alignment is too hard, it's just that I find it to be meaningless.
    Homebrew

Other Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Special Thanks: Kymme! You and your awesome avatarist skills have made me a Lore Warden in addition to King of Fighter Fixes!

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

Has anyone done ShadowFireLance? I notice he doesn't have one listed, but neither do Gareth or Amphetytron.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

Has anyone done ShadowFireLance? I notice he doesn't have one listed, but neither do Gareth or Amphetytron.
    I don't think anyone has.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Ziegander is also the god of the enigmatic Re-.
    I love this concept. I think I'll actually use Re- in a questline at some point now.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

26. - Top - End - #266

SamuraiGuy

Everyone who's here long enough to bother with this thread counts. People who post regularly are ideal, because their habits can be found by looking at their posts...
    Well, then, someone deify me. Which is distinct from defying me, so please pay careful attention.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
    Well, then, someone deify me. Which is distinct from defying me, so please pay careful attention.
    I refuse to pay attention.

28. - Top - End - #268

SamuraiGuy

I refuse to pay attention.
    I may become the Defied Deity, known for his omnipotent inability to retaliate effectively.

OK, here goes:
    Chaotic Stupid
    Greater Deity
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Portfolios: TV Tropes, Laziness, DM Banes, Obnoxiousness

The Greater Deity Chaotic Stupid is does not receive power from worship, for most who know of him curse his name and his very existence. Chaotic Stupid is empowered by legions of lazy players, dungeon masters, and writers, who think they are depicting a chaotic entity when actually they are slavishly following a well-worn path of defiance, sloppy rule breaking, unwitty mockery, and indolence familiar to anyone who has ever had to live with a teenager.

Chaotic Stupid gives great power of annoyance to the player at your table who thinks it is funny to throw a mundane dagger at a high level wizard just to see how he'll react; to the DM who thinks you can follow the trail of a vampire by the dozens of blood-drained bodies left lying out on the street; and of course, to people who think Anne Rice can write.
    Last edited by Shining Wrath; 2013-11-18 at 03:01 PM.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

29. - Top - End - #269
    Bugbear in the Playground

Though I hardly have much hope of getting stats, I grant permission.
    Saga of the Slavs – Paradox Megacampaign AAR (continued at last!)

Sovereign Levander on Steam

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

Hey! Statting yourself is cheating! >:P

Quote Originally Posted by SilverLeaf167 View Post
    Though I hardly have much hope of getting stats, I grant permission.
    Aye, sir.